Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Story ideas, drabbles, ect.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting - if Shirou times his summoning right, he could win by default.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very nice. Please write more, if you could be so kind.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Interesting - if Shirou times his summoning right, he could win by default.
    The catch, of course, is that he still has a very, VERY bloodthirsty Lancer tracking him down, just like in the Visual Novel, Anime, ect.

Also, Kieran? Alice Margatroid = girl who fights using dolls. She has a habit of not going all out in fights, and the only thing known about her backstory is she wound up getting "adopted" by a woman who rules one version of Makai, or the Netherworld, Shinki.

Best characterization I've seen of her to date would be in Chibi Reaper's "Away to Neverland". To really even have a vague idea of the plot, you'd need to read the prequel, "Carried off". Profile link's here if you want to check it out.

If you want to know more about her specifically, check out the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Very nice. Please write more, if you could be so kind.
    Yeah, I'll do my best. This one takes a while to write, though. Alice makes for a great character in how you can write her, but also a difficult one. You have to write up a backstory from scratch, with how little Touhou explains of her.

Chapter 3 will take a while, though, for one other reason. I still have 15 or so cedar boards to drill into my platform for my small home for myself, when there's a dry day out here in rainy Washington State. Here's hoping the rain lets up enough...

Ah well, here's the next chapter for you all.

Chapter 2

-Alice's Perspective-

I bolt awake, for the first time in many, many years.

He remembered. Shirou remembered me...

"Shanghai, Hourai!"

They snap their eyes open, and come to me instantly.

With a thought, I have them dress me, as I pull myself out of bed, and head towards the test Doll, Goliath.

Shirou remembered me, but at the same time...

At the same time, there was a hole in his chest, where his heart was supposed to be.

My childhood friend might well be dead.

I pull my dolls to me, silently. My childhood friend might be dead, and his thoughts, at the last, were of me.

I scrawl a hasty note, silently, for any visitors, and have Shanghai attach it to the front door.

Silence reigns complete as I draw the runes upon the living room floor that Shinki taught me, to go through Makai to the Outside World. With how I felt him... I can track him now.

And if I can track him, I can see if he lives... or if I have to bury his corpse, and bury his Killer's as well.

I look up, at the sky, as my dolls join me in the circle. ALL my dolls.

I clear my mind, and focus on his face as I activate the circle.

A flicker of Makai, and Shinki... Mother's shocked face. And then the outside world.

I float up, then fly toward where his life force feels to be.

He yet lives... how on earth he lives, I don't know. But I'm going to find out.

-Fade Out-

-Shirou's Perspective-

My mind is calm, absolutely calm. Like a sea of... something upon something else.

I still don't know what either is... but it's not like it matters, now. I can feel her power, slowly growing more and more as I invoke her. And all my conscious attention MUST be on this for it to work.

My mind flickers over the possibilities as I focus my mind, my strength, and my magic circuits to this incredible task.

Am I drawing power from her?

Am I summoning her?

Am I just simply feeling where she's at?

Or do I have the right person? Is this working properly?

I open my eyes, and glance down. I can feel power radiating through me... but it's slowing...? And the circle under me isn't glowing now...

The barrier alerts me to an intruder on the grounds.

Shit...! For someone to be here...

The hairs raise on the back of my neck, and I move, grabbing a metal pipe that I was going to work on later, then take a defensive stance.

Soundtrack: "Darkness, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes"

The lance bursts through the wall, for my back.

I can feel it coming, albit barely, and twist, blocking it as well as I can with the pipe.

And I see his red eyes, and blue hair, in the hole made by the lance.

Oh Kami, I'm stuck in here, and his lance can reach me...!

The lance goes out of the small hole it made.

And goes in from another side, this time for my neck.

I twist, forcing my body to move no matter how much it might hurt to do so.

I can't hear him out there... no matter what I do, I can't hear him out there. Why can't I...?

The lance goes through the roof, and neatly grinds a hole through my pipe, the size of the bladed tip.

Oh shit. Shit, shit shit shit shit!

I twist, at the lance ripping back out the hole, and nearly plucking the pipe from my fingers.

Ok, so his lance is super sharp. I turn, looking and trying to guess his movements.

My back is near the stronger, thicker wall. But that won't save me if I'm right... he's aiming for quick, clean kills.

The lance nearly goes through my leg, as I step around.

My heart's pounding hard now. It's hard to hear anything else over my heart.

"You're pretty good, for a kid. It's a pity I have to kill you twice, but orders are still orders..."

His lance plows through at my pipe. I twist, and try to roll, only to feel the lance brush against the back of my neck, as well.

Fast...!

So fast that it looked like his lance was right in front of me, when he'd already circled around to go for the kill.

I duck, as quick as I can, even as I feel the lance try to enter my flesh. To end my life.

It grazes my hair, cutting through a few hairs on the top. I can feel parts of it trying to grab my thick hair, even as I move and swing for him again.

I push myself to my utter limits, trying to keep him from killing me.

This man... this monster...

I twist again, listening to my gut feeling as to where he'll go for. It's the only thing I have left to use, after all.

An inch... no, not even that. A hair's width away from my stomache.

Every blow he swings for is lethal.

So why do I get the feeling... he's toying with me?

I twist again, feeling his lance graze my kneecap.

God, if he hits me there, I'll be immobilized...!

I swing the pipe again, ignoring the holes in it.

Every inch of me feels like it's screaming to move. And as I do so, rolling for the doorway, he grins more.

I pause, as I see his lance coming towards me again, and my life slows down.

I can see that girl again, that I played with...

My life is flashing before my eyes again. I can see it in his eyes... I've messed up somehow, to his favor.

I see my father now, vividly smiling down at me the day of the fire.

I won't die here...!

I twist, ignoring my back screaming as I twist it in ways that I've never taught myself how to properly do before. The pain lets me know I'm alive, even as the red spear goes for my chest towards my heart.

I dodged it?!

My foot's slipping...!

I twist, as well as I can, even as I feel my body slam towards the ground.

With all my might... I push the metal pipe towards the ground, forcing it to try to keep me upright...to push myself away from this lance wielding monster...!

And it snaps. The holes in it have weakened it enough that my weight on it snapped it like a twig... no... it was never meant for my weight in the first place...

I see his lance coming towards my heart again.

And a shout in the distance... of words? My mind wonders, for a moment, impossibly, as time seems to slow down. "Curse Sign"? What could that possibly mean...?

I can see in his eyes, victory, marred by confusion... before he pulls his lance to a defensive position, and tries to guard himself.

I'm confused. Why is he acting like he's about to get...

"HOURAI DOLL!"

The beams of light flash blind me, but I can barely make out him flying out of my workshop from the pressure of several beams of light. No... pure concentrated prana?!

-Fade Out-
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, sorry for not writing much for you all, but I thought I'd post this little start of a story, that I had started writing up for the second fanfiction contest this year. Instead, you all got "The Road To...", which kind of sucked, honestly. This comes as a better "missing scene" than that did.
    Life's been...interesting, to say the least. Not always pleasant, but interesting. And yes, I've been rather busy. Sorry about that. I still write now and again, but I've been programming a small game, in the hopes that it'll supplement my income later down the road.
    I got three small chapters down, before I couldn't figure out how to advance the plot further without a lot more time than I had... but I had the ending written up clear as day.
    It's what inspired me to write the story, after all. If anyone wants me to post the ending, later, tell me here and I will. OR if someone wants me to continue this. Reviews, positive and negative, are fuel for my muse, after all.
    So, without further ado...

Tsukihime: Of Bloodlust and Recovery

Author's Note: Ren/Len has beentranslated as both, for Arcueid's Cat, who in Kagetsu Tohya, becameShiki's familiar. I prefer Ren, as does my pre-reader.

Prologue: Of Awakenings andRessurections

I breathe, as I snap awake, through thepain and agony. “Where...?” I look around, slowly, even as Ishake my head, trying to shake the cobwebs from it.

*Thump-Thump*

I wince, holding my chest. My hearthurts...? I pull myself up, slowly, and look down at my horriblyinjured body, before turning, to stare outside.

That Executor, Ciel... she's down therewith Shiki... telling him that she'll take the credit for... Roa'sdeath?!

I breathe, and shake my head slowly,wincing. It hurts to move. I must have... my mind pauses, as Irecall using my Marble Phantasm against Roa.

Yeah, that would do it. That wouldhave...

My mind goes blank for a long moment,as I try to walk, or stumble.

Killed me. My mind pauses, beforerealizing it. It would have killed me nearly instantly. I wouldhave had only maybe a few scant seconds before my death would haveoccurred... perhaps minutes at most.

*Thump-Thump*

My heart's beating, and it hurts... Imust have hurt my heart somehow during the fight.

I pause, then shudder, before blinkingat the sight of Ren ahead, waiting for me. Why's she... I stumbletowards her, slowly..., before pausing to look at Shiki. He's hurtbadly, but I...

A shard of glass catches my eye, beforeI blink, then stare at golden orbs staring back at me. Is it athreat? A danger to him?

Rapidly, I turn, before wincing andmoving out of sight, in understanding. Those eyes are mine. Goldeneyes.

By all the horrible things that couldgo wrong... my eyes are gold right now. My bloodlust will kick insoon... I suppose it's being surpressed by all the pain.

I cover my eyes, and slowly limp off. I can't let Shiki... I can't let him see me like this. Not here. Not now.

It takes me hours, limping to myapartment, before I make it. My brain is pounding like a jackhammeris hitting my skull, and it hurts to mvoe, to breathe, to doanything. I'm still not sure how I make it through my door... onemoment I'm in front of it, the next, I'm turning back to make sureit's locked.

Perhaps I'm just exhausted?

I can't even begin to decide on what itmight be...

I slowly force open the door, then shutit weakly behind me, while weakly walking towards my bed. I need tosleep, and recover...

Ren's staring at me...?

I smile, weakly at her, and collapse onmy bed, letting my eyes closed.

I'll open them in a minute, Ren. Ipromise you, that. You deserve to know that he's dead...

I'll just...

open them...

soon...

Night 1: The First Night

My eyes go wide, as I see Ren, but notas a cat. Rather, she's a blue haired, red eyed little girl now.

“What...?” My voice echoes, evenas I recognize the place we're in. We're in the park I met Shikiin...?

She smiles at me, and hugs me.

“...You came back...” A quietwhisper reaches my ears, so faint as to be nearly inaudable. I can'thelp but smile, in realization.

“You brought me here, Ren?” Shenods, hugging me closer. It feels nice to be hugged like this. Iwonder if Shiki will do it the same way...?

I breathe, then move us to the benchShiki and I talked with each other at.

“I won, Ren. Shiki killed Roa forgood this time...” Her wide eyes stare up at me, in awed shock. “But...”

I look down, then close my eyes.

“My bloodlust is spinning out ofcontrol. My Mystic Eyes were activating uncontrollably, and...” Ipause, clearing my mind.

“And...” How to say it... How toadmit to her that I'm weak right now...

“And...” Just SAY it already,Arcueid!

“I... my bloodlust... it's... goingto hit again. I don't... want to see him die to it, Ren...”

She hold me, almost clinging to me withher tiny frame.

“I don't want to see Shiki die in myarms, or worse yet...” Or worse yet, become a Dead Apostle in Roa'splace. To be the most horrifyingly powerful Dead Apostle inhistory...

I look at her, down at her red eyesstaring up at me with concern.

“Can you... help me, Ren? Do youthink you could help me with this?” My words echo in what I'mstarting to realize must be a dream. Her dream, perhaps? I don'tknow.

But a dream, nevertheless.

She smiles, softly up at me, and nods,in her usual fashion, before simply closing her eyes.

Reality twists and turns around us,even as she looks up at me, and holds my hand gently, still on mylap.

“You must face your fear...” ittakes me a moment to realize what she's whispered this time, beforereality stops shifting.

Instead of a beautiful park, the entireworld has changed. Instead of a sunny field, there's a blood redmoon hanging in the sky... overcasting a park full of corpses. Andin the center... I can see myself, with wild hair, red eyes that haveno whites in them... as well as claws and teeth, dripping with blood.

Chapter 2: Bloody Claws Under aCrimson Moon

I stare at the monster before me, themonster that looks much like me... but horrifyingly different. Iwant to vomit, right now, so very, very much.

And yet... the blood smells GOOD, inways that I can't describe.

“Oh god...”

Who just... I just spoke there. Ididn't even realize I said something until I heard my own voice.

Is something wrong with me...?

No. No, that's not it at all.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd