Page 133 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3383123128131132133134135138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3023

Thread: Gundam Thread

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    July is on Netflix. The BD has been released with the theatrical release.

Blog Entries
    So Crossbone saga still continues. The last adventures of Curtis, and the return of Tobia I guess?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It never ends...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Not quite sure what to feel about it
    https://gundamevolution.jp/cbt/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Not quite sure what to feel about it
    I mean, good for the people who enjoy that sort of game...which is definitely not me.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Overwatch with Gundam skins.

Give me some of the ones with stupid gimmicks and I might try it. Like the GP02A with it's Nuke launcher, Heavy arms doing Reapers Death Blossom, Thuderbolt being 99% shields, or any G outside of the main two. Imagine a game of 6 Zebra Gundam vs 6 Windmill Gundam.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So Overwatch with Gundam skins.

Give me some of the ones with stupid gimmicks and I might try it. Like the GP02A with it's Nuke launcher, Heavy arms doing Reapers Death Blossom, Thuderbolt being 99% shields, or any G outside of the main two. Imagine a game of 6 Zebra Gundam vs 6 Windmill Gundam.
    Domon and Master Asia fighting by themselves.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Oh, right, impressions of Hathaway's Flash film no. 1:

Adapted in a way that felt very much like a mil thriller. Mil-sci fi with less a focus/fetishization of the fact that it's Gundam.

The BUY OUR GUNPLA factor felt decidedly less a factor when the action was more focused on action than on the fact that said action was mostly conducted by giant mecha that you buy model kits of.

Solid flick. I was reminded of a far, far less indulgent Patalabor 2.
    It was, like, a quarter of a Patalabor 2.
    15% Patalabor 2.

OST was also Sawano/10. I'm alright with this trend of UC titles/films giving the Yes to 'No. It certainly elevates the material.

RIP Hathaway's ginger ale
    We may never know if he ever got to drink it

Gigi is cute. Hopefully she gets doujins.
    Although, that air raid was framed very much like a sex scene, so she's spiritually already kinda there
    That sequence, what a very intimate depiction of war crime.

TsudaKen and SuwaJun remain chocolate to the ears.
    Hayamin was also cute, even if her character only got to show a little near the end.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    From the official YT channel.

They're definitely trying to make sure that Western fans aren't left behind anymore with all the supplementary material it seems.

JP Friend Code
    Finally got around to start reading the MSVR Johnny Ridden manga.

Definitely enjoying it so far as I do like reading about interesting side story stuff. Seems it also has quite the hard on for Gelgoogs cuz' they are everywhere (modernized tech variants too) & keeps on kicking MS ass.

Still not too far off but it really has been notable & curious how everyone seems to be treating JR like some sort of legendary relic/sword or something that needs finding/retrieving/eliminating as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------

Gundam Breaker Mobile officially changes its name properly w/ the 3.0 update. Its anniversary coming has also been quite "generous" w/ stuff like daily giving 10 tickets that goes for 10-roll each. Its mechanics has gotten a bit complicated though & can confuse or scare newbies away.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    The second half of Episode 1 has appeared.

I won't spam any more episodes than that, if this piques your interest then you can check the rest out when it debuts on the official channel.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Wait, the second half? What about the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    Wait, the second half? What about the first?
    Scroll up this page (or maybe on the previous page), the first half should be somewhere.

So this is the new project?
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    So this is the new project?
    Part of it at any rate. I doubt they would have made the manga required reading for the anime (movie I think?) but it is nice they went to the effort to localise it regardless.

US Friend Code
    Finished watching Char's Counterattack. Disclaimer, I'm only 32 episodes into Zeta and I've seen none of ZZ, so I'm probably missing some amount of context. That said, I have a general idea of what happens inbetween so I was able to connect the dots without too much trouble. Plus, I've already seen Unicorn and Narrative.

Not gonna lie, I think I set my expectations too high for the movie. It was animated fantastically, and there's always something about going back to the sort of atmosphere old UC shows have that feels refreshing. But the new characters introduced in the film were... all over the place, to put it simply. I understand why people always talk so much smack about Quess now (I think there was a clear series of events showing how she got to her conclusion in the movie, but that doesn't mean I agree with her choices. Every significant character's death in the movie can be traced back to her, for crying out loud).
    Hathaway was actually pretty cool, save for when he got caught up in Quess' orbit at the end. His final decision was REALLY upsetting, but again I can understand how he ended up there- and if it wasn't for the fact that it inadvertently lead to Axis being stopped, I'd be a lot more upset about it. Gyunei and Nanai were satisfactory, the former moreso than the latter. Chan sort of popped up out of nowhere, but she proved herself pretty well.

Similar to F91 (but not as bad), it felt like the movie needed more time for Char and Amuro's final conversation. Their final battle was awesome, but
    Spoiler:
    the conversation afterwards doesn't result in any kind of common understanding or agreement between the two of them. It almost seems like Amuro gets through to Char with the line about needing to show people the light of the human heart, but then Char brings up Quess which leads to a whole new round of arguing between the two of them. And then Char brings up Lalah again, and Amuro just seems kind of dumbfounded, and then psychoframe magic takes over to save the day. It didn't feel like there was any real conclusion, unless the conclusion to be had was that even if people evolve they'll never be able to achieve true harmony. Which I could almost see happening, with the whole dynamic around Quess. She was supposed to be the greatest of the new Newtypes introduced in the movie, but instead she couldn't separate herself from her family's drama and ended up killing her father, Gyunei and Chan (along with countless Federation and Londo Bell soldiers) through her selfish actions.

There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Blog Entries
    ^ They really should have adapted all of High Streamer tbh.

Also BC Hathaway > CCA Hathaway.
    Last edited by Skull; August 12th, 2021 at 11:27 AM.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    Finished watching Char's Counterattack. Disclaimer, I'm only 32 episodes into Zeta and I've seen none of ZZ, so I'm probably missing some amount of context. That said, I have a general idea of what happens inbetween so I was able to connect the dots without too much trouble. Plus, I've already seen Unicorn and Narrative.

Not gonna lie, I think I set my expectations too high for the movie. It was animated fantastically, and there's always something about going back to the sort of atmosphere old UC shows have that feels refreshing. But the new characters introduced in the film were... all over the place, to put it simply. I understand why people always talk so much smack about Quess now (I think there was a clear series of events showing how she got to her conclusion in the movie, but that doesn't mean I agree with her choices. Every significant character's death in the movie can be traced back to her, for crying out loud).
    Hathaway was actually pretty cool, save for when he got caught up in Quess' orbit at the end. His final decision was REALLY upsetting, but again I can understand how he ended up there- and if it wasn't for the fact that it inadvertently lead to Axis being stopped, I'd be a lot more upset about it. Gyunei and Nanai were satisfactory, the former moreso than the latter. Chan sort of popped up out of nowhere, but she proved herself pretty well.

Similar to F91 (but not as bad), it felt like the movie needed more time for Char and Amuro's final conversation. Their final battle was awesome, but
    Spoiler:
    the conversation afterwards doesn't result in any kind of common understanding or agreement between the two of them. It almost seems like Amuro gets through to Char with the line about needing to show people the light of the human heart, but then Char brings up Quess which leads to a whole new round of arguing between the two of them. And then Char brings up Lalah again, and Amuro just seems kind of dumbfounded, and then psychoframe magic takes over to save the day. It didn't feel like there was any real conclusion, unless the conclusion to be had was that even if people evolve they'll never be able to achieve true harmony. Which I could almost see happening, with the whole dynamic around Quess. She was supposed to be the greatest of the new Newtypes introduced in the movie, but instead she couldn't separate herself from her family's drama and ended up killing her father, Gyunei and Chan (along with countless Federation and Londo Bell soldiers) through her selfish actions.
    I agree with pretty much every point you've made and my opinions on the movie haven't really changed since I've watched it a few years back.
    I feel like CCA is in a very weird position because it's a movie made up of around 20 minutes of some of the best stuff in the franchise (referring to the Amuro/Char scenes and their final battle) and the rest that's just...kind of there. And even then the very end of the movie with Amuro and Char's final conversation where most of it is very solid and thoughtful, but having THAT be the last thing Char says to Amuro left a very weird taste in my mouth ngl.
    I would say it is quite unfortunately held back by the more...eccentric elements of Tomino's writing. Don't get me wrong I like the man's writing for the most part, but yeah...sometimes he can go a bit overboard.

US Friend Code
    Watched Hathaway's Flash! Or technically Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway, since that's what they've translated it as for the English version... even though you can blatantly hear them say "senkou no Hathaway" in Japanese. But whatever.

CCA was like an 8/10 or 9/10 for me, this was easily a 9/10 or 10/10- especially if it's just the first of a trilogy. The music was on point all throughout and even accentuated some scenes, the animation was even above Unicorn:
    Spoiler:
    The whole sequence from when Kenneth Sleg and Gigi enter the club until the end of the mobile suit skirmish around the city, when Lane Aim comes down from Penelope
    is absolutely flawless.

There's still a bit of stuff we have yet to get explained in regards to the gap between CCA and Hathaway, and between Unicorn/Narrative and Hathaway. But I'm not too concerned; the former has been done about as well as the introduction in CCA (and we still have two movies left to shed some more light), and I'm not really expecting to get anything in regards to 0096 and 0097 since Unicorn and Narrative were introduced into the timeline years after Hathaway. And Narrative basically exists to retcon the events of Unicorn, showing enough Federation resistance to Laplace to bring it back in-line with what we know of future Universal Century Gundam.

I did like CCA to be fair, but even though it's the first of three movies (and thus there's more than enough room for Sunrise to make a blunder with the baseline set here) Hathaway just felt both more cohesive and more gripping than CCA even at its slowest moments. The trio of Gigi, Kenneth and Hathaway represent three different viewpoints, both on the Earth Sphere's politics and just on human interaction. Kenneth and Hathaway are both idealistic but have taken different routes to squash their "childish desires", while Gigi is flighty and idealistic but not as self-assured or reckless as Quess was.