Thread: Gundam Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

Trailers have been released for a new Gundam series. Normally, this should be a time of celebration amongst long time fans such as myself. (Personal favorites of mine are the UC setting, Turn A, Gundam X and Gundam 00....but that's not important)

With that being said, I'm honestly not sure what to think of this:

Spoiler:
    At first glance, it appears that maybe it's a threat of aliens, although it's too early to say. This was a concept first teased in Gundam SEED for a split-second, then a major theme in Gundam 00, and finally conclusively dealt with in Awakening of the Trailblazer, 00's film tie-in. If this is right, then Gundam is looking a lot more like Macross as time goes by.

Unsure whether or not this is a good trend to follow, even though 00 dealt with this fine.

At least the mook suits are cool looking. But the character designs are fugly, and that somewhat lackluster animation not for the enemy suits.... >_>;;
    Definitely not Gundam 00/Unicorn going on here.

I'm still going to watch before I make any final judgment calls on it, though.

Thoughts? First impressions? Announcements?
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 7th, 2011 at 12:24 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.