Page 84 of 152 FirstFirst ... 34747982838485868994134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3023

Thread: Gundam Thread

So new Gundam Versus is out next month and coming state side in Fall. Anyone else gonna be playing?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I'm sucked hard at FB, not sure I will pick up Versus.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    So new Gundam Versus is out next month and coming state side in Fall. Anyone else gonna be playing?
    Aye, got my pre order in.

What will be everyone's main? Mine will probably be the Full Armour Gundam from Thunderbolt.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So while drinking and mararthoning Turn A, I've reached the conclusion that there's two kinds of Gundam series. Traditional and weird. Traditional ones tend to be UC shows, while the weird ones are the ones that try and twist things beyond the setting, Things like G Gundam being a shonen battle, War in the Pocket and 8th MS being form a non-typical prospective (Former being civilian and the later being grunts). Currently Turn A feels like one of the wierd ones, with it's war being an almost foregone conclusion at the beginning, and the emphasis on the civilian reaction to the invasion on both sides. Plus the whole Princess and the Pauper thing that started in episode 10 and is still going strong.

Also the second OP is pretty disappointing, going from using a classical chorus with Utena-ish visuals to a psychadelic filter over action shots set to J-pop.
    Gundam succeeded by being weird and taking chances, and those weird entries are generally the best in the series.

G Gundam's balls-out fighting tournament fun is charming.

Gundam X is at its best when it's shitting all over the original, but then it snaps right back to standard space war stuff.

00 had the same strength/problem of veering away from the formula, which is not-so-coincidentally when it was at its best, only to play it deadly straight.

It's stuff like SEED and Age humping '79's corpse that turns me off these days.
    Last edited by Imperial; June 20th, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    If only I spend for a PS4

otherwise I'm interested in Versus or the Warriors reboot

i started off with the OG and ended up really liking it. That and IBO are the only shows I've watched

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I can't support a Gundam Versus that has no split-screen. Which is sad when it's actually being brought over.

I'll just add it to the collection.

Blog Entries
    So I watched the first episode of "Gundam: Twilight Axis".

Man, if I hadn't read the novel, that might have been pretty confusing. :O

Blog Entries
    Twilight Axis is full toy commercial.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    What are you talking about, HGUC Gundam Tristan is the worst gunpla in last 5 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    What are you talking about, HGUC Gundam Tristan is the worst gunpla in last 5 years.
    I didn't say it was a "GOOD" toy commercial.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I just finished reading the Crossbones manga, which was pretty good. Then I moved on to the next in the series, Skull Heart, and holy fuck was that some genre dissonance. The one shots were sort of all over the place with some better than others, but that last chapter was whole new levels of WTF. Clone Zeon monkeys, piloting four armed mobile suits, while being chased by Zeon Dr. Strangelove, with liberal Planet of the Apes and 2001 references as well.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    So Sunrise put Episode 1 of "Gundam Build Fighters: Battlogue" on their youtube channel. It was really awesome and I'd recommend people check it out even if they haven't watched the original BF series as they aren't the focus really. It appears to be a mini-series with each episode being about 10 minutes each. I really hope that they continue to put the rest of these on their channel. <3

All those jokes and references killed me. XD

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    wow it's Furuya Amuro but why wasn't Char voiced by Ikeda?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    wow it's Furuya Amuro but why wasn't Char voiced by Ikeda?
    Ikeda was busy, maybe?. Who knows? That was dissapointing to have Rau (Toshihiko Seki) voice Char
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Ikeda was busy, maybe?. Who knows? That was dissapointing to have Rau (Toshihiko Seki) voice Char
    Technically, he is a Char (old joke that). Not Casval but the original Char Aznable in Origin. But yeah, I wonder if Ikeda was too ill or maybe they couldn't stretch the budget that far, seeing as they had Furuya pull double duty as Ribbons and Amuro.

Anyway, anyone got any ideas as to the identities of the mobile suits in the next episode preview? I think the one on the right might be the Gundam Astray and the one in the back is possibly the Sinanju. But as for the one on the left, I have absolutely no idea.

Blog Entries
    Just watched "Gundam Build Fighters: GM's Counterattack" which is up on GundamInfo.

It was a sweet lil' epilogue that bridges the gap from BF to Try. It was especially cool to see everyone back again for one last reunion.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I'm about halfway through the first season of SEED, and holy hell, do they need to have a flashback to the Athrun/Kira scene every goddamn episode? There's a strectch of what feels like three episodes with nothing but flashbacks, minutia of being on a battleship and Freya banging Kira (also involving a flashback of all her inner crazy). If you were to tell me that 80% of this show is flashbacks I wouldn't bat an eye.

And everyone is an asshole. Not the fun kind of asshole either, who are terrible people but have valid reasons for doing what they do, but the kind who have crazy mood swings and take actions for no discernable reason. The only sane person seems to be this Desert Fox Tiger guy, so I'm expecting him to die any minute now.

Victory was bad and all but at least it was consistant, and you could follow most of the character motivations (except Katejina, probably the craziest person I found in the series so far). This isn't so bad it's funny, does nothing interesting with any of the setting, and has characters flatter than a crepe. I think I'd rather re-watch Cross Ange.

I can see why this series gets so much shit and I've still got 70-ish episodes left.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    So I'm playing the Beta for Gundam Versus and it's just as good as I expected.

Shame I'm trash since the tutorial mode is locked and I don't work well under pressure as I'm fighting while learning the controls.

As for mains, so far I use "Mack Knife" for Fighter type and "Gundam Ground Type" for Shooting. Those seem to be relatively easy mechs to grasp for a noob like me. T_T

@Mattias : The sequel is worse.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Blog Entries
    So I watched the Reconguista in G OVA short - "From the Past to the Future" and my thoughts can be summed up as "...lol wut?"

Dunno why I'm spoilering this, nothing happens
    So as the OVA is only 9 minutes, it stands to reason that most of it is occupied by a fight. So our heroic sibling duo Bellri and Aida are travelling through space when they're suddenly attacked by Mack Knives. Aida in the G-Arcane is able to wipe out the mooks and the main antagonist appears. It's Captain Mask....in the "Phenex Gundam" of all things. Why does he randomly have an alternate model of the Unicorn Gundam? Who knows. But anyway, Aida manages to hold her own for a while until Mask's rage reaches its apex and the "Newtype Destroyer Mode" is activated and he curbstomps her. I guess this means that both Mask and Aida are Newtypes? Especially when Bellri flies in to save the day in the G-Self and channels his Newtype energy through his Gundam to defeat the Phenex. Bellri and Aida then fly off into the sunset as Captain Mask is stranded awaiting his mooks to save him.

All in all, a meh short from a meh series. Would not recommend unless you're a super fan of Reco-G.

As an aside, I was a bit iffy about the mobile suits being in full CGI. I think it looked good in some shots, but clashed too heavily with the 2D humans.