Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2833363738394043 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Moon Wars 2 - Discussion/Development

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    What Kelnish said.

Blog Entries
    Write an eroge. If Nasu could do it so do you.

Blog Entries
    I know that some of you would rather just see this fade away and die but I have every intention of not allowing that to happen, and it's not because I want to do something like ride off the fame of the previous BMW. If I wanted that I would start charging people which is not something I am ever going to do.

I just want to see more of a game that I had a lot of fun with and if people possibly agree with me then I would gladly welcome them aboard, that's all.

Blog Entries
    Although I do share Kotonoha's thoughts on this matter I am willing to help on the project regardless.

Blog Entries
    And I really do appreciate any help you can offer, I'll be sending you a pm with details on what we know and what we want to try working on.

Blog Entries
    I also am rather skilled at 3D modelling should that be of any use as well.

Blog Entries
    What we are probably looking for is someone able to do the sprites for characters on a field of battle similar to the original that and animations for attacks, we have someone who can do character portraits for the dialogue scenes, and we could use more programmers to help speed that process along.

Blog Entries
    2D Design is not my forte but so long as someone is handling the art assets and I can take a but of time to ease into whatever language/program you are using (unless you're using Flash CC with AS3 then I could work off the bat) I can help with programming. I have no issues working with Mike as well so long as the temper I have seen him display stays at a low point.

Blog Entries
    We are pretty sure that the engine itself uses some sort of MXL, and I can help keep Mike calm so long as you aren't openly trolling him he's not that bad a guy.

Blog Entries
    See you have nobody who actually knows how the engine works or has the knowhow to engineer it out and you don't have a different engine either.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I won't lie, our current knowledge about the engine needs improvement and our skills currently could do with improvement, but that's exactly what I'm trying to do by recruiting. If we could find more people interested in the project then we could move along at a faster rate, though even in our worst case scenario we still have at least one person willing to work with it even if they are still new to the engine itself.

Even though I myself have little programming or coding knowledge personally I'm still trying in my own way, I'm doing my best to somehow get in contact with werk themselves to possibly see if they might be willing to help at all. At worse it would just end in them telling us not to use their stuff in that case we'd just simply find a new project brand to work with and even if it's not BMW it would still be fun to have a new Type Moon based crossover game don't you think?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I dunno. Why don't we make something like an action platformer instead? Or an Old School Final Fantasy-esque RPG?
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    What exactly is the extent of Mikes programming experience?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Or an Old School Final Fantasy-esque RPG?
    You can get RPG maker for a dollar right now. (humble bundle)

Blog Entries
    I ask since it seems everyone else besides myself has very little experience in this field, and as someone who has actually made working 2D game prototypes I know the hell it can be to get caught up in ambitions without the proper skillsets to carry them out.

Mil, if you and Darples are truly passionate about this I would reccomend watching the documentary Indie Game: The Movie, which features the hardships of people who do have the right skillsets to carry out these tasks as well as a goal to make a living off of them.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    I won't lie, our current knowledge about the engine needs improvement and our skills currently could do with improvement, but that's exactly what I'm trying to do by recruiting. If we could find more people interested in the project then we could move along at a faster rate, though even in our worst case scenario we still have at least one person willing to work with it even if they are still new to the engine itself.

Even though I myself have little programming or coding knowledge personally I'm still trying in my own way, I'm doing my best to somehow get in contact with werk themselves to possibly see if they might be willing to help at all. At worse it would just end in them telling us not to use their stuff in that case we'd just simply find a new project brand to work with and even if it's not BMW it would still be fun to have a new Type Moon based crossover game don't you think?
    You know that the engine BMW uses is such a massive overcomplicated and badly done bullcrap it took experienced programmers with actual knowledge a lot of time to decipher and work with?

Sorry mil, but I think you need to acknowledge this is just a bit beyond the means you have currently at your disposition.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the late reply, Mike lives in a different timezone so it takes a little while to get into contact. So let me try to address some concerns.

I think the biggest reason that we have decided to stick with a SRW style of game is probably because of how easily it fits with what we hope to do, which is a crossover between the various different Type Moon stories. We liked how the first Battle Moon Wars went and thought something in a similar nature could be fun to see. (Not necessarily the same story or related to the first story in anyway, in fact DP has ideas on a completely different story.) Of course things are still in early stages so if we find an idea that we like we may just go after that instead.

As for Mike's programming experience, from what he has told me he's a programmer and has worked for several different companies and has worked with it for his PHD. He can do C++ as well as Java and though we don't plan on creating our own engine if we had to he could work with those. To quote him in our chat.

"Mostly, though, I am really good at working out how to do things, so even if I don't have the knowledge right now I can easily pick it up."

We also know how to tamper with the game files themselves thanks to a handy post from the original BMW translator Arudoc: http://tenka.seiha.org/2008/07/every...tle-moon-wars/

We've looked at other game engine and we believe that because the original engine has what we need it's our safest bet, perhaps if we had an entire team of programmers willing to create a brand new engine we could do that, but that's not really a realistic option.

Blog Entries
    I was under the impression his PhD was in some form of medicinal field for some reason. This is actually a bit surprising. I'll probably try to get a hold of him sometime should this not fall into development hell again and discuss things myself. I haven't worked with C++ before but I can adapt from my AS3 shell.

Also, if DP is writing a completely different story then why are you insisting that it be a sequel to BMW? Even if its very similar to it the title doesnt have to be BMW 2.

Blog Entries
    If you want to get in contact with Mike I can give you his skype name, we could arrange a meeting over irc, or you could check his forum where we have a few threads on our project.

The sequel thing probably has more to do with the fact we want to use the same game style as the first BMW just with an improved version and such. (Perhaps we are due for a name change now that I think about it...)

Blog Entries
    Give him my Skype its cielelesia. At some point yes that would be a good idea to arrange. I wanna make sure this isn't just delusions of grandeur before committing to it, and discussions over BL are irritating for things like this. Plus obviously he can't partake in them which is an issue itself.