Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Severed Bonds (FSN/Madoka crossover)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Ah, you won't post it here?
    If you want me to, but I think the difficult part is that I would need to find and space out each paragraph because for some reason, Word 2010 documents don't seem to go well with the format of the forum (and it automatically doublespaces, which confuses both myself and the readers)

I say post it here if you want, because I personally can't access FF.net for reasons I'm fed up with repeating and reading it here is a lot easier on my eyes then FF's pure-white formatting.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Author's note: Well, here's chapter 2. And WAY behind schedule, if I were to say. But, I just returned from vacation and couldn't find myself motivation to continue and due to my first Beta/Co-writer being busy with his work.

Constructive criticism is VERY much appreciated.

I also want to thank DarkMegaSF for being my beta for this chapter. Without his help, the chapter probably wouldn't have been released.

Chapter 2

As Homura brought her luggage to the area where it would be brought to the plane, Homura can't let go of the fact that she was leaving "home." She still held some regrets for not reconciling the issue with her big sister, Ilya. But, Homura believed that there would be a fateful day when the two sisters will come back as one whole family, as it should have been.

The black haired girl quietly sat down beside her father. Taking a look outside, it was still snowing…The small flakes melted on the window and slowly it was beginning to pile up on buildings. In contrast to the cold weather, the snow brought back the warm, brief memories of playing snowball fighting or counting the walnut tree with her big sister.

Shifting her focus elsewhere other than regrets, the girl opened the book that Kiritsugu had given to her and when she packed it in personal carry on, the contents were…how could she describe it?

It wasn't natural, supernatural?

"Magic?" The lone word escaped from the girl's lips before she could retract it.

With that, her father mildly glared at her, silently telling her to put it away until she reached a more private location to continue reading. Even to the Magus Killer, the subject of magic was not something that should be brought to the eyes of the public as it would wreck the current balance as well as have the Mage's Association on everybody associated with him baring down on them like hounds.

But, that look was indeed scary. It was as if her father had the look of a killer, the cold eyes that would stay unmoving even if they catch the image of countless people drowning in death in their own blood.
    15 seconds had passed, yet it felt like an hour to Homura and she didn't want to be subjected to "that" look any longer so she turned away from her father and closed the bag until either when she is about to sleep or somewhere in private.

Slumber didn't take long to reach Homura, and for the image of Ilya's smile mind to fade from her mind…

On the other hand, Ilya could not sleep after she walked back to the castle with a completely empty expression, her tears formed lines of frost that framed her face.

She once held the role of the big sister, and she had failed miserably.

The near empty room only served to make Ilya feel much colder than even the snow outside.

The homunculus could only hope that this was a nightmare that she could wake up from. Unfortunately, this was reality for her, therefore, she can't "wake" up from the present…

With the increasing sorrow, Ilya wanted to seek comfort of anybody, whether it was her mother or even that strange blond woman that somehow appeared several days before.

"Mommy…."

Silence….

"Where are you?"

Silence…

Unfortunately for Ilyasviel, her mother and Saber were already heading towards the exit of the castle, so her cries for her parent was unheard and there was nobody left to talk to inside the castle. The maids wouldn't be of use and she doesn't even want to see her grandfather's face at the moment because it was him that drew the wedge between the sisters.

But it was completely my fault, the dark voice echoed within the young girl's mind. Had I paid attention to Homura and not abiding by his Einzbern superiority, I wouldstill have a close bond to Homura.

Ilya continued to weep in silence, and feeling completely depressed without a single happy thought.

Starting from this night forward, was when Ilya started to have nightmares.

Nightmares about her body turning into a Cup with 7 lumps supporting said artifact and then dying miserably, again, all alone in darkness.

Little did she know that it was to forecast the events to come…

--------------------------------------

14 hours on the plane is a LONG sleep for Homura and she struggled to sleep, it was frankly too boring and she was tempted to open that book again, it was a subject that interested her greatly.

What can she do with magic? The first thing that came to mind was using magic to earn the happiness that she deserved. Maybe if she became a master magus, then Kiritsugu would pay attention to her and treat her affectionately much like Kiritsugu treated Ilya.

From what she got from her father's reaction was that the subject of magic is secret and should be hidden from the public view.

But why should magic be a secret? If such power was given to everybody then it would bring eternal happiness and there would be no suffering in the world? That is, unless magic was flawed then?

Was it too early to worry about using magic? Homura wasn't even a magus yet and not even a beginner. Therefore, she should postpone the previous questions after educating herself on the topic first.

Looking back at Kiritsugu, Homura wondered, if her father was a magus, then what would he be doing with magic. Being his daughter did not reveal any more his mysterious character because he was either locked in his personal quarters with his mother 90 percent of the time while the other 10 percent was with Ilya, that 10 percent didn't seem to have anything supernatural.

"We are arriving in Fuyuki City, please remember to bring your luggage and your own personal belongings. We will not be responsible for any missing belongings."

That was the cue, both Homura and Kiritsugu released their safety fasteners and silently walked down the aisle.

Kiritsugu picked up his massive suitcases and Homura brought hers and they both called for a taxi.

The neighbouring city Misaki City was going to be the place where Homura was going to be dropped off, seeing as Fuyuki City would be the battlegrounds of the 4th Holy Grail war and therefore, Kiritsugu does not want his heir to be killed off in the crossfire between mages. He also believed that the other masters would also send their family members away.

The Magus Killer decided to use this information as an alternate plan. If he had the resources and the time, maybe he could send Maiya to investigate the family to explore the possibilities of using hostages if his targets were too difficult to eliminate in either a fight or an assassination.

His methods were distasteful, he admits that, but for the price to save the world. Surely, it was worth it. And after the war was won, there was a family to return back to with the exception of Irisviel, who he knows would have to die when the Grail is complete.

Focusing back on Homura, Misaki City was the neighbouring city of Fuyuki. He selected it because he had acquaintances there. And due to the long lasting friendship between them, they would not decline the offer to look after Homura for about a week.

-------

The car ride took about an hour and a half from Fuyuki City. The destination was a Kendo dojo that belonged to a famous Yakuza family.

As the car parked outside the gate, both Emiyas stepped out of the car after Kiritsugu gave an extra tip to the fare that he was charged for the ride. Kiritsugu did not mind giving the extra money because he had the financial assistance of the Einzbern family, who were rich in wealth due to their alchemy.

The black haired man rung the doorbell once as Homura crept closer to her father's right leg, using one hand, the other holding the handle of the luggage.

A short moment ensued before a man in his mid 60s answered the door.

"Good morning to you Elder Fujimura," greeted the Emiya with a small smile.

"And to you too, Kiritsugu," as the elder smiled and shook the Magus Killer's hand.

The older man looked over to Homura, who then went closer to Kiritsugu's other leg, hoping to hide herself. Fujimura was laughing at the girl's actions.

"It seems like your daughter is afraid of me," Fujimura lowered himself to Homura's eye level and looked at her. "I am Come now, there is no need to fear me. Your father and I are very good friends."

Kiritsugu urged Homura politely to at least say hello. It seemed like he needs to address his daughter's shyness in the future, assuming he would make it through the war.

With as much effort she could muster, the girl SLOWLY stepped forward and weakly waved her hand.

The Fujimura head suppressed his laughter, "I think she will get along with Taiga-chan." He called for his granddaughter inside the dojo.

"Coming grandfather!" Called the energetic girl inside as she ran outside to greet the guests.

"Kiritsugu-san! Wh-what are you doing here?" as the young "tiger" lowered her head and blushed, it was not a shock that she displayed a small crush to the Emiya due to his mysterious nature. It also appeared that Taiga did not notice Homura yet.

The assassin smiled at Taiga, "Oh Taiga-chan, you grown much taller than the last time I saw you." He gently pushed Homura forward after she backed from the energetic girl's glance at her father.

The girl looked at the smaller girl and her eyes began to sparkle.

"She is SO CUTE! My name is Taiga Fujimura," as she caught Homura in a tight embrace.

"Eeek!" Homura shrieked briefly as she tried to squirm out of the older girl's grasp with no apparent success.

Kiritsugu lowered himself to Taiga, "Taiga-chan, I leave Homura to you and the other Fujimuras. Oh and please go easy on her. She is shy and fragile."

Taiga nodded vigorously, talking to her crush AND interacting with such a cute girl was like a dream come true for her.

Homura looked pleadingly at her father but he did not respond.

After a few minutes of talking with the Fujimura elder, Kiritsugu gave a quick hug to Homura but it was just a gesture to whisper into her ear.

"About that book, read it when everybody is asleep. Remember, I will be back from this War and together, we will be a family once more."

With Kiritsugu releasing his embrace, Homura looked up at her father's face with tears of happiness pouring from her eyes. She would have both her dreams come true, the first being the reconciliation with her sister and second, she would be accepted as part of Kiritsugu's family.

She held out her pinky finger. It was a gesture that Ilya made when the two made promises together.

Kiritsugu was surprised to see this from Homura, because it was something that he only secretly shared with Ilya.

Seeing this, he twirled his own finger with Homura's before going back to the taxi.

He remained silent during the whole journey.

"Homura-chan!" shouted the eager Taiga as she continued to glomp the unsuspecting girl.

"So, do you want to play with Onee-san?" as she sported a silly grin.

The daughter of the Magus Killer was starting to think through her options, although she believed that even if she declined her offer, it would only result in being dragged along to play with the older girl anyways.

Resigning to her fate, she sighed, "Yes."

The black haired girl, although her body was resisting being dragged, inwardly, she was having fun because the experience was similar to when she played with Ilya.

Being much younger than Taiga meant that she followed the pace of the older girl.

If it's Kendo practice, then she would quietly observe because Homura knew that she didn't have the physical strength to swing the shinai continuously.

If it's board games, well, luck seems to be on Taiga's side but at least she's humble enough not to rub it in her face.

The wind was getting stronger in the evening, and Homura assisted Taiga in closing the blinds.

Taiga brought Homura to the table for snacks and it was going to be her homemade recipe.

Homura was accustomed to eating various sweets because Ilya would bring various candies, cookies for her to eat. Therefore, she would be accustomed to almost any form of sweets.

But as for Taiga's homemade cookies, how could Homura describe it? In terms of appearance, they looked a bit lacking in terms of quality. But, it was too quick to judge it in terms of appearance, it could be the best cookies that she ever tasted right?

As soon as the dark haired girl took the first bite, she secretly regretted it.

First of all, the cookie was too soft, as though it was made from mud. It goes to show that either Taiga did not heat the oven hot enough or she didn't wait long enough.

Second, the taste, it was too bitter. Homura closed her eyes and swallowed with as much saliva she could gather in her mouth. What ingredients did she use?!

Taiga watched the younger girl swallow, completely unaware of Homura's suffering and continued to smile.

"I made these cookies for you. You were the first person that actually ate my cookies. Onee-san is so touched." The energetic girl wiped happy tears using her sleeve.

"Oh, if you were wondering, I used tofu for the base ingredients, flour and kiwis. What a masterpiece it turned out!"

Homura coughed as much as she could. From Taiga's description and Homura's own judgment, those ingredients WERE NOT SUPPOSED to be mixed together to form cookies, and kiwis? Why would she add a fruit to the mixture?

"Don't be shy, I made more for you!" as the young Fujimura brought them out.

Homura's eyes began to widen. Unfortunately, she lacked the confidence to reject Taiga, mostly falling victim under Fujimura's puppy eyes.

The Magus Killer's daughter felt her life slip again with each half-baked cookie she placed into her mouth under the watching gaze of the Fujimura Tiger…

Homura held her stomach as she vomited repeatedly into the toilet.

Impolite as it may be, her health mattered more than manners.

"Are you ok in there?" as Taiga began to worry as Homura's vomiting became louder.

Let it be known now that Fujimura still had no idea that it was the quality of the cookies that caused the girl's unfortunate circumstance, and thought the reason behind Homura's toilet trip was due to ingesting too much of her masterpieces without pause.

With the exception of the sound of vomiting, no form of vocal response was received by Taiga.

Once, she heard the toilet beginning to flush, and running tap water. Taiga waited eagerly at the door.

As soon as the door began to open, Homura slowly peeked out to see Taiga on the other side of the entrance. She shrinked back so that her head was barely visible.

Homura was now completely frightened of the older girl, despite the friendly introductions and the play time.

"Dinner is ready!" Called out the Fujimura elder from the kitchen.

Taking the chance, Homura rushed downstairs before Taiga could turn around from the voice.

…..

After finishing the meal, she asked to be excused from the table and settled into her new room, which fortunately was large enough for one person to sleep with complete privacy assuming that Taiga won't attack her during the night.

Taking out the secret book that was entrusted to her by her father, she continued reading the contents.

Magecraft.

The ability to transcend the normal laws in the world. It cannot be defined by science no matter how long it took.

Continuing from that, was a brief description on each type of magecraft,

Thaumaturgy, the ability to use one's own "prana" into transforming the external world.

Homura then looked upon the section on Magic Circuits, about how these were instrumental in holding and releasing prana from the body.

She felt heat increase within her body in an unnatural manner before it cooled down again.

Circuits?

She tried focusing again to bring out that sensation, she imagined several lines within her body fill with energy and they began heating up again.

Kiritsugu also wrote that if Homura wanted to start on her spells, she should start with the basics of Reinforcement.

Taking a piece of wood from the corner of the room, she tried to start reinforce the object.

"….." She didn't make any sound as she was confused and disappointed at what had happened.

The object that she reinforced twisted and curled unnaturally. The object was still reinforced, but it's structure was just wrong, completely distorted.

Uttering a sigh of disappointment, Homura is going to have to search for additional objects to practice on.

Yes, that's right. Practice would be the key to success.

Repeating the process for anything she found in the room from paper to pencils. She still failed each time. Homura failed to understand what she was doing wrong. But she noticed something about her surroundings, how was she going to explain to the Fujimuras about the mess that she made?

Sighing again, she tried to sneak into the hallway to find a small dustpan to clean the whole mess. It was going to be a LONG night.

------------------

During the last hours of the 4th Holy Grail War…

Kiritsugu killed the pleasant memories within him with his family as he choked the life of the imposter with his wife's face. Grief hit him like a tonne of bricks because it wasn't just an imposter. If the will of the Grail was telling the truth about using the personality of Irisviel and upholding her last wish, then it only served to reinforce the fact that he solely destroyed his family.

With both Ilya and Homura in mind, he walked up the stairs as he stared at the accursed Holy Grail, which moments ago had doused the whole area with black mud and melted through the floor.

His mind was clear about the Grail. There was only one thing to do.

Kiritsugu raised his hand and revealed his two remaining Command Seals; they glowed in anticipation to the Master's command.

The King of Knights knew she was fighting a losing battle, it was completely one-sided. The fact that Archer was toying with her infuriated her along with the fact that the Golden King degraded her status to a delusional woman with foolish ideals.

The ideals that she sought to uphold, her intentions to save her homeland and her oath to Lancelot that she would win the Grail. This servant, Archer, mocked them all and freely fired Noble Phantasms from his Gate of Babylon and only intending to maim her to see her expressions of pain.

She gritted her teeth in anger, was there nothing that she could do? Saber thought about using Excalibur to reverse the tides. She prayed to heavens that she could use the enemy's arrogance against him and take the time to charge her final attack.

But the pain was too great, and as soon as she stood up, a Noble Phantasm would knock her down again.

Saber also noticed Kiritsugu behind the Grail, and with the two Command Seals, she knows that this would be her last battle and salvation for Britain was just a matter of time!

Ripping the blade from her knee, she stood with vigor and awaited the command. Saber could disregard whatever differences that laid between her master and herself. What matters now was that Saber bestowed her last hope upon her master, hoping that whatever he had in mind would bring victory to them both. Anything was possible for a Command seal as they were crystalized miracles, and since Kiritsugu still had 2 remaining, victory could be grasped, even if that opponent was Archer.

"By the name of Emiya Kiritsugu, I order you with the Command Seal…"

Give me the Holy Grail, thought Saber as she drew Excalibur to a combat stance while barely remaining balanced on her feet due to her numerous wounds.

"…Use your Noble Phantasm and…."

It seemed like Archer was completely unaware of Kiritsugu was in the area, and Saber waited anxiously for the finishing order.

"…destroy the Grail."

The King of Knights was frozen, her mind cannot comprehend that command. But her Excalibur glowed yellow with power. Surely, Kiritsugu was mistaken, this was the HOLY GRAIL, the device to produce miracles.

"I will not!" Saber rebuked, hoping that her Magic Resistance would resist the command long enough for Kiritsugu to reconsider his order, if he had make a mistake.

Kiritsugu's response was that his last Command Seal was already glowing, which meant that Kiritsugu was about to give another order.

Even with her Magic Resistance going against the first command seal, her arms were already raised overhead to destroy the Grail that she longed to receive.

"By my last Command Seal Saber, destroy the Holy Grail." His voice hardened even more than the first command. Saber knew, the hope that she longed to have would be smashed in front of her. And the worst part was that she played the role in destroying her own form of redemption.

"NOOO!" Saber's magic resistance was futile against 2 command seals and the power of the Sword of Promised Victory engulfed the Cup.

Saber closed her eyes as tears mixed with blood, forming red streaks that poured down her face. She failed her oath…

To Lancelot….

To Britain…

And to Irisviel…

Her last thoughts revolved around her failure in understanding the hearts of her people and her failure to understand Kiritsugu who only ordered her three times throughout the entire war. With that, Saber used up all her prana and disappeared…

The Magus Killer turned away from the Cursed Cup as he turned away from his disappearing Servant. Reflecting on the blonde servant, he pitied her, she had no idea what the Grail compromised of, in fact, he felt like he did her a favour by not allowing her to win the artifact.

The Grail War was over, it was time to return to Ilya and for Homura.

"It's not over yet Emiya Kiritsugu."

A dark voice rang from the sky. It was filled with complete malice.

"You had so much potential, in fact, like me, you were ready to shoulder the world's evils. You would be the PERFECT host for me."

It continued, now with evil laughter, "You decided to throw away your family and believed that by destroying the Grail, you had saved the world right?"
    The voice mocked Kiritsugu's final actions and as to finish the job, "Look at the sky, Emiya Kiritsugu! Behold the fruits of your ideals!"

The Magus Killer looked up to the sky, where the clouds were filled with a dark aura, with unnatural lightning and clouds. Something like rain began to pour before it gave away to the cause of the Great Fire.

"One day, I will be born into this world!"

After that sentence, a flood poured from the sky, it was not regular water, it was a cursed and black substance polluted with the World's evils.

The theater was the first area to be engulfed, the building started to burn with flame.

Kiritsugu headed up to the highest area to avoid the lava-like substance. He looked on in shock.

The black flood was reaching out in all directions, consuming everything in it's path.

Because it was extremely late at night, most of the citizens of Fuyuki City were sleeping. Therefore, they were completely helpless as the fire consumed them completely.

"No, this can't be." Kiritsugu looked at the scene with wide eyes. It was not supposed to end like this! Without a second thought, he leaped to the areas which were already drying out from the black mud.

I must save them, Kiritsugu decisively thought, it was the only thing left to do, the only motivation to force himself to salvage what was left in this massacre. He had failed to kill Shirley that fateful day and as a result, his home was destroyed.

And now, when he believed he had saved the world, he had caused a great fire that had killed countless people in their sleep.

His hands clawed through the burning rubble, his hands burning with the intense heat of the flames, only for Avalon to heal them up again but the conceptual weapon cannot remove the pain associated with it. Therefore, Kiritsugu was trapped in hell, the heat burning part of his trench coat but he wouldn't give up.

There MUST be a survivor! Anyone is fine!

The buildup of ash was also starting to affect his eyesight, he could hardly see anything that was beyond 2 meters.

--------

A lone boy was walking through the flames, his body just kept moving like a machine.

He covered his ears as cries of help from the few that were unfortunate to be awake during the whole disaster.

The youth walked onward, without a destination, he just had to get out of the area.

His legs were beginning to give in, he fell to the hard floor, with his eyes looking up above the stars. He reached out his right hand to grasp the sky as though inviting the heavens to receive him.

He could feel his heart beat slowing down, he did not have long to live.

The boy's hand began to lower, and his strength was disappearing.

"You're alive!" A man had grasped the boy's hand and repeated the phrase as though he were praying and to bring the boy back to the brink.

The man was clinging to the boy like a lifeline and he held it with both his hands.

Tears poured from the man's eyes, and the boy was completely confused of why the man was so happy to save him. The boy looked at the man's face, 'even though I am on the brink of death, the man was so grateful that he could save at least one person that it made me jealous.'

"Thank you." The man said as he continued to cry.

The former Magus Killer, once infamous from taking the lives of countless magi, felt that for the first time that he had saved himself by saving another life.

On that day, one boy was saved while a dozen others were sent to a living hell…

-------------

Kirei also searched upon the ruins for survivors, but the reason behind it was much more devious than his rival. If Kiritsugu was aiming to save a child, then the natural response would be to "save" the children for the next Grail War.

If there were any survivors that was.

Gilgamesh walked behind Kirei, observing the surroundings of a fiery hell with an arrogant smirk.

"Kirei, what are your plans right now?" Seeing the priest looking through burning houses was very "unlike" the current him.

"You exhausted much of your prana in the Grail War, so therefore, we would need to find a way to replenish what you have lost. Through the available survivors that is."

His instincts helped point him to a basement of a burning home.

Opening the door, he found a single girl.

But what surprised him was her expression was much like his own, it was a void. Completely empty.

It reminded Kirei of himself.

Smirking, he took the child's hand.

"Girl, what is your name?" And the girl opened her mouth to respond…

-------

Homura looked from the balcony from the neighbouring Misaki city. She looked at the smoke that rose from the remains of Fuyuki City.

She held her hand close to her chest and prayed, "Father, please come home safely."

"Homura-chan! Go back to bed." As a tired Fujimura rubbed her eyes.

"In a moment," the daughter of the Magus Killer continued to watch the decreasing vapours.

Ilya, if our father comes back, will we live with each other again like old times? Wondered the black haired girl.

Unfortunately, there was no sleep for the girl as she kept wondering about the safety of her family.

2 days after the Great Fuyuki fire, with Homura gluing her eyes to the television, any news was welcome to her. Her heart sank when the reporter stated that there was deemed to be no survivors of
    the city and that the inferno had raged when most of the city's citizens were asleep.

In terms of her magecraft, she has managed to improve a bit. Her Reinforcement wasn't as bad as before. But no matter what she had done, there was always a bit of her magic that didn't seem right.

The structure of the object was strengthened as intended, but parts of it was weakened or at least had a twisted appearance. It was a mistake that Homura couldn't comprehend the reason why. That was why when her father returned, she wanted to ask him face to face.

That was, assuming that he was still alive. Homura had frowned again.

Taiga patted Homura on the head. "There is no need to worry. Kiritsugu-san is INVINCIBLE, because he is a hero of justice!"

Homura turned her head, "a hero of justice?"

"Yea!" as the eager Fujimura raised her fist, "And besides, from what I have heard, Kiritsugu has never broken a promise."

That would be reassuring, but Homura was not as optimistic as either Ilya or Taiga, there would always be room for doubt in her.

Seeing that Homura wasn't smiling, the older girl guided her back to the table.

"Come on, have a snack." Taking cookies from the oven, Homura already feared the worst. She instantly sprang up and hid behind the door. There was NO way she would want to die before meeting up with her family again. It was also a surprise how Homura managed to survive these days with the Fujimura family.

"Homura, come back down and eat!" called out the eager Tiger to find her prey. Closing the door, and running back to her room, she tried to find a hiding place. Any place was fine. Under the bed? No, too easy. Closet? Too cramped. Her own luggage? Doubt she would fit.

She was sweating in fear, her time was up.

Cornered, she backed up to the wall, closed her eyes and awaited her fate.

"Homura….I know you're in there….*knock*. Hold on. I'll be back for you Homura-chan."

Homura breathed out softly, she was spared for now.

"Kiritsugu-san! You're back!"

As soon as she heard her father's name, she dashed out of the room and ran down the stairs. She stopped when she saw that her father was holding a boy's hand.

Her shyness kicked in, and she held her distance. She was never good with socialising with strangers, and with the opposite gender for that manner.

The red haired boy looked around his surroundings before setting his eyes onto to Homura.

His expression was empty, devoid of emotion. No happiness or sorrow was displayed in those features, it was eerie for Homura because it reflected the same expressions of her father before the war.

Kiritsugu stepped forward to Homura with an unreadable expression that it unnerved Homura more than her other interactions with her father.

Without a word, Kiritsugu wrapped Homura in a tight embrace with silent tears pouring from his eyes. "I was a bad father, I can never ask for forgiveness for what I have done. I never gave you the love that a father should give to his daughter." (Author's additional note: Kiritsugu also decided to kill Homura with Maiya in the Grail induced dream)

It was the first time Homura felt loved by her father.

What should she do? Release the frustration and jealousy about being the neglected child of both her parents. As a child, does she have the right to lecture her parents?

Without much thinking, she too began tearing up. No longer jealous of Ilya being the only child being loved, and she knew that from this day forward, she would be part of a warm and loving family.

"It's okay father." Her tears soaking the weary and torn trench coat that belonged to Kiritsugu.

"I know that everything is fine. And there is no need to say sorry." Homura looked at Kiritsugu with a smile.

"Thank you Homura, your forgiveness is more than I can ever ask for." As the former Magus Killer separated himself from his daughter.

Keeping a gentle but sad smile, he turned to Shirou and mentioned him to come closer.

Slightly softening his expression, Shirou came closer beside Kiritsugu and facing Homura.

Kiritsugu took a small moment to breathe in, "Homura, this boy is Emiya Shirou. From today onwards, he will be your older brother."

But I already have Ilya as a sister, was the first thought that rang in Homura's mind and she wasn't really up to the challenge of having another sibling.

Seeing that his daughter was uneasy, he patted her on the head, "It will be fine. You will have lots of fun with Shirou. Please get along with him. He has nobody left, and no place called home." Sadly said Kiritsugu and a dark voice rang in his head, and it's all your fault Kiritsugu.

The young Emiya male didn't rebuke or acknowledge the statement, considering the fact that the fire had consumed everything that was "him" before the fire. For all that mattered to him now, the Emiyas are his family.

He looked over to his new sister, and knew that as the older brother, he had to look after her.

His sister approached him and stopped in front of his face.

"I…I am Emiya Homu…Homura." She had stuttered very badly. It was still a habit for the girl because she was still unused to social interaction with strangers, which could be traced back to the Einzbern castle in which she was isolated or with Ilya.

Slightly shaking, the black haired girl took up one of Shirou's hands with both of her own and tried to smile with all her might, "Then I guess you are the older brother." She was surprised that she didn't stutter at all with the last statement.

However, she was still not completely accepting Shirou yet due to the possibility that this may betray Ilya.

Sensing his sister's hesitation, and regaining some life back in his eyes. Shirou clasped his other hand on top of Homura's hands.

He slowly spoke, "Yes, I am. I hope we can take care of each other, Homura."

The former Magus Killer smiled at the fact that the children had at least taken the first time to getting to know each other. Yes, there was one more thing to accomplish…

That is, to find a way to reclaim Ilya to become a complete family.

Taking each of his children's hands, he turned outside. "Homura, Shirou, it's time to go home."

End chapter 2

Additional note: Chapter 3 will revolve around Shirou's interactions with Homura…

Extra note: Tried to fix the paragraph, but I don't think it turned out so well and now, everything is centred for some reason >_>

Last edited by blitz1/2; March 16th, 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Fixed

The chapter is posted twice for some reason.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

@nitewind: I fixed it.

Blog Entries
    This definitely looks promising. What intrigues me the most is the identity of the girl that Kirei saved.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
    Additional note: Chapter 3 will revolve around Shirou's interactions with Homura…

Well, now I'm really intrigued.

I loved Fuji-nee in this chapter. She was a world of fun!

Two points of constructive criticism. Well, hopefully constructive:

Firstly, when writing a number lower than one hundred (unless it's a round number like, well, "one hundred" or if it's part of a proper name, like "Agenda 21"), do not use a numeral to shortcut it. Specifically, when saying "2 Command Seals," spell it out: "two Command Seals."

The other point was this line:

(Author's additional note: Kiritsugu also decided to kill Homura with Maiya in the Grail induced dream)
    In addition to what's in and of itself a major flaw by inserting author's notes into the text, this line takes what's an absolutely huge turning point for Kiritsugu and, more significantly, the Illya/Homura sisterly relationship drama that's likely to come in the Fifth War portion of the story and reduces it to an afterthought. Here's Kerry, in the vision, explicitly making the choice to let one of his loved ones die for the sake of another (or more accurately, two others), and this is almost certain to color his relationship with Homura for the rest of his life. Just imagine the emotional impact the scene could have had, with him returning to the Fujimura residence, looking at Homura again, alive, when the last image he'd had of her was to kill her with his own hands (albeit in a vision, but certainly no less real to his senses when he experienced it). Frankly, writing that scene was much more important than writing out the scene of Saber destroying the Grail, which is pretty much just the scene out of Fate/Zero in your words anyway (which most of your readership will already be familiar with from novel, anime, or both) and so adds little to the story--certainly much less than a scene which was changed from the original version and adds emotional importance.

In other words, reading the chapter, that "author's note" reads a lot like the editing notes I scribble in the margins of my own stories when I write them saying things like, "Insert scene on p.4 illustrating this!"
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

This is relevant to my interests.

and congrats on getting out of your block.

Quote Originally Posted by changhyon_92 View Post
    This is relevant to my interests.

and congrats on getting out of your block.
    It wasn't really much of a block, because the chapter was already fully written but rather I tried to find a Beta, and couldn't manage to find one until one volunteered to do the job.

@Dezo: Got it. Will take your advice in the future.

Chapter 3 (first half and unedited)

Kiritsugu brought the two children into the new Emiya estate, it was a simple dojo-like place, but it was large in terms of space and area.

The main structures required moderate renovations, and that was why the Fujimuras were going to arrive some time later to assist. The bedrooms required only a little bit of work compared to the rest of the place, and therefore, all the Emiyas would be able to sleep within it without much problems.

Shirou followed Kiritsugu where he gathered the tools, and necessary items needed to refurnish the house such as paints, hammers, and brushes. The boy reached for the hammer before Kiritsugu picked it up. He turned to his father in confusion, the former Magus killer beckoned him to Homura instead. “Go play with your sister, you can leave the house renovation to me and the Fujimuras.”

The red haired boy placed the hammer down slowly, he was unwilling because he saw that his father needed help with the housework, therefore, he was obliged to help by any means necessary. On the other hand, it may provide some needed time to build connections with his new younger sister, who was not taking much initiative herself in pursuing a conversation with Shirou.

As Shirou took several steps towards Homura, she noticed her approaching brother and took a step back. The boy frowned, “I am not going to hurt you, you know.”

Homura tried to look back at her brother’s face before pouting, “I know that.” Truth be told, she was still a bit wary, after the issues that she had with Taiga, she took extra caution before trusting another person, especially a person who she would be seeing as a family member.

To make a contrast though, Taiga was full of spirit and was energetic, compared to Shirou who was quiet much like herself but unlike Homura, Shirou wasn’t shy. He just wasn’t interactive and his personality didn’t seem like what a living person would act.

Homura knew that her brother was doing his best in getting along with her but her shyness was a major obstruction into establishing the first steps to building the friendly relationship. When Shirou approached her, she instinctly backed up away and she didn’t even speak much to him.

Not too long, Shirou turned away from Homura and believed that he failed his goal. He just went back to Kiritsugu and helped him to carry some boxes.

Without looking back at Shirou or her father, she took a branch from outside and brought it inside to one of the empty rooms upstairs. Homura wanted to show her father about the fruits of practicing alone. Although, there were some mistakes in the past, they were not as frequent compared to now.

As the magic circuits once again flared up, sending a familiar feeling that Homura nearly forgot when she rejoined with her family. She squeezed her teeth in pain when the heat increased to a temperature that she wasn’t familiar with. Homura clenched the branch harder that her hands began to slowly turn white from the effort. As though praying, she wanted to succeed at least once perfectly. But, she began to concentrate more until she felt light headed. Unable to proceed further, the girl fell asleep, too exhausted from her excess mental stress.

“Homura, where are you?” called out Shirou, who finished helping Kiritsugu carrying the lighter boxes and was taking a small break from his work.
    Shirou searched outside of the house and failed to find his sister. Still remaining calm, he walked inside the house and continued to call out Homura’s name, only to return with silence. The red haired male rubbed his head, did he really make that bad of an impression that he managed to scare Homura? Whatever the case, it was really difficult to understand his sister.

One room after another, starting with the largest to the smallest…
    Kitchen, it was empty.
    Living room, it was empty.
    Getting slightly worried, he called out for Homura’s name loudly and still received no response, he ran to the room that he hasn’t searched. It was the smallest of the whole Emiya estate. There, he started to hear some light breathing.

“Homura?” Seeing his sister lying on the floor and holding a weird looking branch in her right hand. She briefly curled up upon hearing her name but she did not awaken. Shirou, now reassured that his sister was safe, took off his jacket and placed it on top of her so that she would not catch a cold, because the Emiya estate didn’t have a functional heater yet.

As Shirou was about to leave, Homura grabbed onto Shirou’s sleeve unknowingly because she was still sleeping, she tried to snuggle closer to her brother because it was warmer than the jacket. The red haired boy looked confused by his sister’s actions and now he was faced with a mild decision. Should he pull away or just stay still? It would be bothersome if Kiritsugu noticed that both of his children were away for some time. But Shirou had full confidence that there wasn’t much to worry about his father’s anxiety even with the size of the Emiya estate.

Slowly, he allowed Homura to snuggle closer to his right arm as she softly whispered how warm it was and mentioned something about being a wanted child again. Naturally, that affected Shirou, due to the fact that he was a survivor within the heart of the great Fuyuki fire and with no hope, believed that it was his fate to be abandoned to embrace death much like the countless others. He was fortunate that Kiritsugu had saved him, and thus, Shirou would be able to learn from his father to save others on the account of those who were not able to be saved.

Shirou moved slightly away, feeling the need to at least inform Kiritsugu. The sudden motion started to cause Homura to wake up. The first sight that she saw was Shirou’s face upclose. Several seconds past by without either of the two doing anything.

Homura made a slight squeak before she pulled away, only to nearly fall on her side and because Shirou supported her back before she crashed on the wood. Homura was still light in terms of weight compared to her average age group and therefore, Shirou didn’t have to overexert his strength. Her brother straightened her back before she had a nice encounter from the floor.

“Are you ok?” Shirou gently asked. Homura slowly looked up to his face and then to the arm that supported her and then back to her brother’s eyes. She can’t help but feel that Shirou seemed more alive when he had helped her, his eyes contained a bit of life compared to the first time that she saw him. That was another factor that caused Homura to stay away from her brother, it was the fact that Shirou’s eyes contained a deep void, much like her father had before he left her in the care of the Fujimuras. She started to think about the difference between Ilya and Shirou.

“Hey Homu-chan! Cheer up! We are sisters now, so at least we should have fun!” Homura thought back of her first encounter with her sister. Ilya, unlike herself, was more worthy of her name. Ilya had a spirit of fire that refused to be extinguished, her enthusiasm was enough to even cause Kiritsugu, albeit briefly, to be drawn in her pace when they were playing.

Homura felt very small in the sight of her bigger sister, but the white haired girl didn’t care. If she was the bigger sibling, then she would need to watch over the smaller one. The homunculus grabbed her sister’s hand without her consent and dragged her hand into the snow, even before Homura got a jacket.

“Cold….” Muttered the young sister as her pajamas were not suitable to protect the girl from the intense cold. Finally noticing that Homura was shivering, and also due to the fact that Ilya was more in tune with the natural cold weather, she didn’t stop to check that Homura wasn’t prepared to step inside. “Oh no!” Dragging Homura back into the castle and panicking wildly, she threw blanket upon blanket and wrapped it around the girl while trying to hug the trapped girl at the same time. Unfortunately, Ilya’s body wasn’t much bigger than Homura, so the latter option failed in a way. Throwing her head rapidly in apology, “I am so sorry Homura!” If Homura were to describe Ilya’s face right now, it would be in one word, adorable. Not wanting to distress the elder girl than her present state as tears began to gather in the albino girl’s eyes.

“I am okay.” Trying to sound cheerful while trying to get away from the blankets which were close in smothering her. “Hard to breath air….” She slowly breathed as the heat started to engulf her body. After nodding her head in apology for the last time, Ilya effortlessly pulled off the covers, she grabbed Homura’s arm and walked together hand in hand to Ilya’s own room.

“Homura, do you know why I am comfortable and happy when you around?” Red eyes peered deep into her sister’s dark eyes, the black haired girl shook her head because she couldn’t understand, her sister was quite a mystery. One moment ago, Ilya nearly drowned Homura in the snow, then apologising and next, having a deep talk with her.

“It’s because we are family. And nothing in this world could change that fact. I will always cherish you Homura, my little sister. That is why you are not alone anymore. Your family is here.” With that, both sisters smiled, displaying the affection when they met for the first time. By then, even if Kiritsugu didn’t get along with Homura, at least she could depend on Ilya for comfort…

“Not alone, huh?” Came the small whisper from Homura’s mouth, she reached for Shirou and her brother was all too willing to accept her. Yes, it would take time to build up the bond between the Emiya siblings, but neither of them regretted the decision….

The renovations were proceeding very quickly, especially with the aid of the Fujimuras and their external condacts. Of course, several parties were “convinced”, mostly following out of either obedience to the Fujimura’s elder or through fear due to the Yakuza’s activities.

Shirou carried a small board and waved to Homura, who was taking some effort to smile back. But when she did, it was a genuine smile. Shirou turned his face away and laughed to himself in regards to Homura’s courage. Progress was slow, but better than none. According to Shirou’s observations, Homura could only initiate direct eye contact with him for approx. 5 seconds before turning her face away and shying away. Well, better than the beginning where she couldn’t even bare to look at him for a moment.

Sighing at her latest failed attempt to start a conversation with Shirou, Homura sat down and evaluated her options, which were few from the start, given her shy personality and the fact that she isn’t the type to find topics for discussions. She silently followed Shirou from a respectable distance without bothering to keep eye contact.
    It wasn’t a good decision, the reason behind would be due to what would happen in the next 5 seconds.
    (THUMP!)
    Homura gently rubbed her head as she collided with a pole located in the yard. Her eyes began to water as she tried to resist the pain. Gritting her teeth and rubbing her head, she tried to decrease the pain.

“Homura are you okay?” Shirou’s eyes showed nothing but concern for his younger sister, he dropped the objects that he was carrying as soon as he heard the sound of the collision between Homura and the pole. Grabbing Homura’s hand, he ran to the kitchen and allowed Homura to sit in one of the chairs while he digged deep inside the freezer for ice cubes. Taking several in his hand and placing them in a plastic bag, Shirou kept asking about Homura’s pain and how she was coping with it. Lowering the bag on Homura’s forehead, she flinched at the contact of both the ice and the physical contact.

“I am sorry for being such a bothersome sister.” As Homura slowly turned her head away, even her attempts to connect with her brother ended up in such a failure. There was no doubt that her self confidence was at a low level.

“No need to rush things,” as the red haired boy comforted his younger sister while keeping her head in his reach. He smiled at the fact that his sister was at least trying to bridge the connection but now, he was starting to be alarmed at the fact that his sister’s face was turning redder at the moment. “Are you having a fever Homura, here let me feel it,” His head closed closer towards Homura, whose face rapidly became the colour of a tomato.

“I…I am…OoKaay,” Stuttered Homura as she tried to push Shirou away albeit half heartedly, the other half welcomed Shirou’s touch. The short moment between the siblings would have to wait as the roar of a certain “tiger” caused Homura to spring up in alarm.

The “tiger” was looking for it’s prey…The dangerous aura became closer to the Emiya siblings.

Homura, without being aware, grabbed Shirou’s arm this time and surprisingly was pulling him up the stairs to the closet. Shutting the door behind her, she waited patiently until Taiga moved away.

“Um, Homura?” The voice snapped the girl from her thoughts, the female Emiya looked at the source of the voice, and saw Shirou, “What are you doing here?” inquired Homura shyly, it seemed that she had no idea that she was holding onto to Shirou the whole time.
    Shirou blinked in confusion, “Weren’t you the one that dragged me here?”

“Homura-chan! Shirou! Where are you? I know you are here!” The predator was still on the hunt, “Homura-chan! Shirou. No need to be afraid of onee-san, I want to play some games with you.” Homura hugged Shirou tighter as they heard the footsteps approaching their direction.

AN: Will repost once I have either my old beta back or if somebody wants to volunteer once the second half is also completed.

Blog Entries
    While I know it's only the first half of the chapter, I have to say that I really like the cliffhanger.

Oh, and it's not dead. Huzzah!

I have to tell you, it was HARD writing this chapter that I had to read lots of other light hearted fanfiction to get the atmosphere, I enjoy writing/dark aspects, that's why I can't wait until I could write about the Grail war.

Good start... and I'm glad to see that even with the new setting Taiga has not changed.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

I just had sudden vision of an older Homura and Shirou getting into an arguement over who sacrifices themselves to save the other. Good looking story so far and I eagerly anticipate future updates.

Well that was cute, me homu now.

Are you going to jump straight to the HGW after this chapter?

Loved the Homura and Shirou bonding moments.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Part 2 of chapter 3 (edited by beta)
    Shirou held Homura tightly, if he were to be the Onii-chan, then he would act like one. His eyes became determined as he left Homura telling her to be quiet as he solely confronted the tiger. Even though Shirou was putting on a brave façade, he was about to face his initial nemesis.

“You can do this Shirou!” Whispered the boy, as Homura tearfully looked on to Shirou as though he was sacrificing himself.

Shirou looked into the jaws of death as he heard steps approaching the stairs to his level, the malicious aura poured from Taiga in waves, it doesn’t help that her eyes were glowing as though it were seeking a prey for its meal.

“Shirou….” Taiga paused at the fact that a boy was standing in her way. She smiled, “Where is Homura-chan? Onee-san wants to play with her.” In Shirou’s mind, whatever “playing” was in mind must be dreadful seeing as Homura instantly fled from Taiga as soon as she entered the same area as her.

“Will you kindly guide me to where Homura is?” Taiga’s eyes flashed in eagerness that actually caused Shirou to pause. The red haired youth took a breath and looked back with intensity, “No! I will protect Homura, even from you Fuji-nee!” He spread out his hands as though forming a barrier to prevent the tiger from getting her meal.

“Trying to be a hero eh, Shirou? I like that in a guy.” The energetic girl smiled at the challenge, “Very well, if you can survive my challenge, then I would leave her alone.” The Fujimura clapped in her hands and her fingers then opened as though she was a mad scientist announcing her masterpiece. The dangerous aura was replaced with another if not more frightening one.

Shirou gulped as Taiga closed the distance between them. She placed her hands right on Shirou’s sides as they turned into claws. Shirou’s eyes opened widely as he figured out his opponent’s intentions, he was in one hell of a pinch, literally.

The attack was merciless, there was no time for rest as Shirou took one blow after another. Taiga grabbed the boy’s stomach and resumed there. The boy cried as Taiga continued her tickling, Shirou’s will was slowly crumbling, but it still remained strong. Even laughing, he stared defiantly at Taiga to deny her pleasure to see him fall.

“You’re holding out well, 1 minute left.” The Yakuza’s daughter rolled up her sleeves, she wasn’t going to hold back. She increased the speed of her tickling to the point that Shirou nearly yelled out in laughter.

As Shirou was holding out his own, Homura continued to flinch after each scream that Shirou emitted out. She didn’t know what torture that the Fujimura monster was inflicting upon her dear brother. Both her heart and mind ached as she pondered if it was really worth it, even if Shirou was the older brother, it didn’t feel right for him to bear this much pain on her behalf. She wished that Ilya was here, if she could have as much spirit as hers. Then, she would be able to protect her family right?

Protecting one another was not a one way street. Homura reminded herself again and again, if she was the youngest sister next to Ilya and Shirou, then she would only remain a burden to her siblings (not that Shirou or Ilya would mind). Therefore, she had to stand up for herself and to play a role as the one that would be a guardian role, age doesn’t matter. The oldest or youngest was irrelevant.

Making her decision, and taking a deep breath in the process. Okay Homura, you could do this, just get Shirou and take him out of there, don’t stay, just run. She finalised the plan and slowly opened the door as Shirou’s screams became panting, time was of the essence!

“You did it, Shirou. You are a tough cookie to crack.” The once mighty tiger was sweating, her assault didn’t manage to cause Shirou to break as she had intended. She had a newfound respect for the boy that Kiritsugu picked up from the ruins of Fuyuki City. “You would make a good brother for Homura.” A compliment from Taiga was acknowledgement of her defeat.

“Leave Onii-chan alone!” Homura surprised by how loud she had shouted, frankly both Shirou and Fujimura turned to the source of the voice unexpectedly. Taking Shirou’s hand and trying to run, the two fell to the floor because Shirou was too exhausted to run after surviving Taiga’s tickling attack.

“Ah, what beautiful bond of siblings,” Shirou and Homura both gulped at the voice of the very eager, older guardian came closer. Maybe I shouldn’t have run out, Homura felt bad for her brother because he had survived so much only to see his sacrifice go to waste because of her reckless action. But at least, she felt a sense of pride as she stood up, not only for herself but also for a family member in need, much like Ilya did for her in the past.

Any comforting thoughts came to an immediate halt as both Emiya siblings found themselves in a tight bear hug by the older girl. Well, the battle is won, but the war was lost.

“Homura and Shirou, both of you are so cute!” Her eyes were glowing now and the 2 children were starting to sweat. “I am going to play with you EVERY day! I wish I could bring you home!” The bear hug was getting stronger, breathing was starting to become harder to continue. But even so, Homura held onto Shirou as though it were a lifeline. Well, at least the Emiya siblings won’t die alone right?

“Now now, Taiga-chan. Any tighter and those 2 will have an early journey to heaven.” There was laughter, but at least the voice of the head of the Emiya family seemed to prevent the brown haired girl from increasing her strength in her display of affection of the younger children.

Shirou silently thanked his father for the timely rescue. Any longer and he would have been out of breath, but if there’s something productive from the situation was right beside him. Homura looked at him. He looked back, the two laughed together, evidence that the bond was between them. As if reinforcing the point, the two siblings’ hands were still connected, each to draw emotional strength from the other. Emiya Shirou or even Emiya Homura, the two were not alone, they were family…

The renovations were finally complete, and to Taiga’s disagreement, she had to return back to the Fujimura household. The three Emiyas waved as the Fujimuras left in their car. Shirou yawned as he just realised how late it was. He needed to sleep soon.

Shirou’s father turned to him, “Shirou, I need to discuss something with Homura, you could sleep first,” The red haired boy nodded, there was an important discussion going on between father and daughter, and he didn’t want to intrude on their privacy. The boy silently went upstairs to brush his teeth.

Once Kiritsugu no longer heard the footsteps, he closed the door behind him and walked over to Homura. To be honest, the once mighty Magus Killer wasn’t sure how to bring the news to the poor girl. She never had the chance to build connections with her mother.

Maiya, your task is complete. Those last words to Maiya continued to haunt Kiritsugu, even though in the Grail war, he did his best to form his mind into steel, concerning himself with his mission to win the Grail war. But, it never fully worked out, he was a human, hence he was burdened with his own emotions and in this case, guilt.

“Homura, I need to tell you about your mother,” his words were coming out, his mind wasn’t working properly. But he continued to speak emotionlessly, “your mother Hisau Maiya, she died.” What are you doing Emiya Kiritsugu?. His rational side shouted to him, here is a young girl and you were bluntly telling her that she died as though it was normal. His mouth wasn’t responding to him, as though twisting the knife, he quoted himself, “she fulfilled her purpose.”

The daughter didn’t know what to say or to respond, she didn’t really have much of an emotional attachment to her birth mother but to say that she was happy with the news was a big mistake. No, that connection was forever lost, there was no way to rebuild it. There was no way to bridge lost relationships from the living to the dead. Homura walked closer to her father until she was touching his arm, she knew that whatever happened during THAT time had affected him emotionally.

“There’s more…” Kiritsugu took a deep breath, this was the most difficult part to continue, “Irisviel…” his voice began to crack while his eyes started to become moist, “she also died in the Holy Grail war.” He can’t believe how much emotional pain he was in, this was also cemented by the fact that in the Grail induced vision, he had to personally murder his own wife and his family one after another. But, to deepen his regrets, he was cursed to live his life with regrets. However, there was a small hope of salvation when he rescued Shirou from the fire and if he can reunite his children and resume the family life. The next Holy Grail wouldn’t happen in their lifetime, he made sure of it.

“Auntie Irisviel…” Homura’s voice fell apart as she started to cry loudly into Kiritsugu’s shirt. She found the death of Ilya’s mother much unbearable than her birth mother because Auntie Irisviel was the one that served as the mother in her early life. She was the one that fed, played and sometimes, even reading her stories when Ilya and her used to sleep in the same bed. She was hit with heavy uncertainty with how would Ilya take the news, she wouldn’t be happy to hear the fact that her mother had died in a war, no Ilya would most likely blame Kiritsugu for the years to come.

Daughter and father hugged each other, sadness pouring upon each other. Yet, they also found comfort within each other because both were suffering the same pain, and that’s why only THEY could understand it.

Homura broke away from her father, and ran upstairs to where Shirou was. Shirou was already beginning to sleep when a sobbing Homura hugged his back. Startled, he turned around to have his younger sister crying into his chest. The brother was about to look for Kiritsugu to ask what had happened when he caught sight of his father as well. The former Magus Killer had silent tears falling from his eyes as he silently went to his private quarters to sleep. Whatever happened was probably out of Shirou’s power to help, but there was one thing to do…

“It’s okay Homura, let it out. Your onii-chan is here,” Shirou continued to pat her head until Homura cried herself to sleep. As Shirou released his hand away from his sister’s head, 2 arms held him closer to the girl’s body. If the girl was dreaming, she only whispered, “Please don’t leave me…”

Night came longer for Shirou, but the longer he felt that he was helping Homura, then he didn’t mind not sleeping for the entire night. The sobbing had stopped, the warmth remained. Thoughts came and disappeared. Slumber came in a little later and his eyes had closed…

Surely, this was a calm night.

Blog Entries
    Very nice; I couldn't help but laugh at Taiga's antics, and Shirou's protectiveness. The second section was nice in its own way as well~

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is tugging at mah heartstrings.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.