Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Severed Bonds (FSN/Madoka crossover)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    My beta just asked me, was it possible to transfer magic crests without surgical means? I was also under the impression that Rin transfered part of her crest to SHirou in UBW without surgery right?

And the Fuyuki fire, in terms of damage wise. Was the WHOLE city engulfed or just part of it?
    Last edited by blitz1/2; October 2nd, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    As far as I know, she didn't transfer any of the crest but instead opened a link to him so he can access her prana. Think servant connection. Also only part of the city was engulfed. For example neither Rin nor Sakura were in the fire and the Emiya home wasn't damaged.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

And the Fuyuki fire, in terms of damage wise. Was the WHOLE city engulfed or just part of it?
    The region surrounding Fuyuki Central Park was what was affected. (And the park itself, obviously.)

If the entire city had been set on fire there would be no Fuyuki City for Fate/Stay Night to take place in.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    Wasn't the process all surgical? If I remember correctly, even blood relatives can die from the process.
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlyki View Post
    Wasn't the process all surgical? If I remember correctly, even blood relatives can die from the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    The letter that Tokiomi wrote, which entrusted everything to the Association after his death, was almost perfect; it was truly a real portrait of the man himself. The transfer of the body and the extraction of the Crest were all entrusted to the Association’s headquarters in London by Kotomine Kirei, Rin’s guardian. The Crest was handed to Tokiomi’s friends to be guarded securely to ensure that it would be impeccably transplanted onto Rin’s body in the future.
    Transplanting a Crest into someone will cause a great burden to the body, therefore it was best to transplant it to the family successor before his or her secondary sexual characteristics have developed completely.
    Generally yes, but other magus like Zouken have found loopholes.

So hold on, so is it probable for Kiritsugu to transfer the Crest to Homura or no? Because if it's no, I need to rewrite that part.

Well, Homura is definitely young and hasn't developed sexual characteristics (she's one year younger than Shirou, so that makes her the age of 5?)
    Last edited by blitz1/2; October 3rd, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaDemon View Post
    Generally yes, but other magus like Zouken have found loopholes.
    Not really a loophole since that crest wasn't the real one and he never meant to make her an heir. It is not really a good idea either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    As far as I know, she didn't transfer any of the crest but instead opened a link to him so he can access her prana. Think servant connection. .
    Rin hollowed out a piece of the crest and grafted it on him in Realta Nua's version but just created a link in the original version. She hollows it out and gives pieces to him to raise his Magic Resistance in HF.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Rin hollowed out a piece of the crest and grafted it on him in Realta Nua's version but just created a link in the original version. She hollows it out and gives pieces to him to raise his Magic Resistance in HF.
    Wait, how would that even work? If she hollowed out a piece of the Crest, wouldn't it mean it is practically worthless? A friend of mine thought she was transferring one of her circuits.
    Last edited by kinlyki; October 3rd, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    As for transfering the crest to Homura. It is TECHNICALLY possible. In this fic she is a blood relative of Kirisutgu. So the crest should accept her. The problem is that it would have to be done early in her life and bit by bit with surgery and I don't think Kirisutgu would WANT to teach her and Shirou magic let alone give her the crest that was with him when he got cursed. After all what happens if she ends up infected with All the world's evil.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I seem to recall something about AM's curse making Kiritsugu's circuits useless, aside from slowly killing him. And since the Crest is made of circuits and Kiritsugu didn't have the whole crest anyways, by the time he considers giving it to Homura (which I find unlikely, given he'd probably want her and Shirou to live regular lives), it'll probably all be atrophied and corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

As for transfering the crest to Homura. It is TECHNICALLY possible. In this fic she is a blood relative of Kirisutgu. So the crest should accept her. The problem is that it would have to be done early in her life and bit by bit with surgery and I don't think Kirisutgu would WANT to teach her and Shirou magic let alone give her the crest that was with him when he got cursed. After all what happens if she ends up infected with All the world's evil.
    Well, according to Type Moon wikia, the Magic Crest are circuits independant of the host. So, Kiritsugu's crest was not tainted (yet) but if he let it progress longer than yea, it would be unusable, which was why he had to consider transfer it quickly before letting it rot. Well, much like a poison (from a bite of an animal), I assumed the curse started from the distal limbs moving towards the core of body.

Author's note: I forgot that I didn't even upload part 3 yet.
    Last edited by blitz1/2; October 3rd, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Isn't it still in beta?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kinlyki View Post
    Wait, how would that even work? If she hollowed out a piece of the Crest, wouldn't it mean it is practically worthless? A friend of mine thought she was transferring one of her circuits.
    It was a part of her crest, but since he isn't blood related to the Tohsaka family, the Magic Resistance was reduced. Since both times were a grave emergency, she must have thought it was worth it, since yeah, hollowing it out makes that part useless.

It ought to be fine if she is blood related, though she is probably going to have to take some medicine to prevent the horrendous pain of the rejection and getting used to it. As for AM tainting it, that should be author fiat to accept or reject it, since that could go either way.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Got bored of the four weapons so I threw them away. bhl88's Avatar
    If Kiritsugu geassed himself, would the ability to pass a Crest become nullified?

Anyone not done with Part 1, follow me at 999323400

Quote Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
    If Kiritsugu geassed himself, would the ability to pass a Crest become nullified?
    Doesn't the curse only contain within one man? "Even if the caster's life is lost, the Crest would bind the soul of the dead man and not pass down to future generations." (from type moon article on geis)

Part 3 of Chapter 3

Early in the morning, Kiritsugu was the first person to wake up in the household, there was much to be done and he was not sure how much time had remained until his Magic Circuits would decay away with the effects of the Grail’s curse. Therefore, in that small amount of time, he has to fully teach Homura on how to defend herself and recover Ilya in the process. If all goes according to plan, then MAYBE using Avalon’s leftover prana left within the Conceptual weapon may reverse the curse and allow him to carry the duties of a proper father.

Taking the time to walk into the room where his two children were sleeping, he smiled at the sight. It was evident to Kiritsugu that Homura had cried a lot, but he saw that Shirou had managed to provide emotional and physical comfort. Unfortunately, he would have to break the precious moment if he were to set his plans into action.

Moving towards the sleeping girl, the man slowly but firmly rubbed Homura’s shoulder until she started to wake up, she was about to address her father when Kiritsugu placed his index finger to his mouth to prevent Shirou from waking up. Homura silently unwrapped her arms from Shirou’s chest and regretting the loss of her brother’s warmth, she moved to her father’s side and the two moved outside again for privacy.

Homura turned to face Kiritsugu, she wasn’t sure why her father had called her out for, especially with the news that he brought yesterday, so this conversation must be as equal in terms of importance. Fiddling with her thumbs in nervousness, she looked up to Kiritsugu’s eyes and giving a mental reminder to herself, she took a deep breath, I am ready.

Kiritsugu’s visage transformed to one that reflected his Magus Killer persona, his eyes were stern with none of the gentleness that was contained in his features earlier. Homura stepped back a little, unprepared to face that serious expression after such a warm time with her family members. The father knew that he was going to be VERY blunt with her; there would be little room of rebuttal for time was running out. He only hoped that Homura was going to be ready and was willing to share the burden as being a member of the Emiya family. A flash of Shirou’s smiling face appeared in Kiritsugu’s mind and the said father could only bow his head in shame before recomposing himself to face Homura again.

“Homura, I need you to know this. Because we are Emiya, we will very likely to face danger from all directions and therefore, I have to train you so that you can protect this family in my absence.” Kiritsugu went straight to the point.

His daughter shook her head side to side, “I can’t do that, I don’t know magic yet. I am not able to do what you can do. I am still a little girl and I am scared!” The idea of protecting the family was appealing, but what could she do? She could only rely on others, there was nothing she could do by herself, let alone protect her family.

“I am going to pass to you the Emiya Magic Crest, this contains knowledge from the Emiya family, albeit mine is half of the whole Emiya Crest. The other half resides within your dead grandfather, which I would pass along in time.”

Kiritsugu carefully explained the process, he knew he would have to explain everything in detail. He briefly explained about the Mage’s Association but knowing Homura, she wouldn’t be able to comprehend everything so he would leave the explanation behind the Sealing Designation for another day. The corpse of Emiya Norikata was recovered by Natalia, but under the request of the young Emiya, who wanted a constant reminder about the first kill that he had made, she managed to convince the higher ups that Norikata’s Magic Crest, as well as his research and his body were destroyed when the island went up in flames. An investigation was launched, but it yielded no results so the Mage’s Association came to the conclusion that the Emiya line had ended without producing any viable results.

Kiritsugu took off his shirt and ordered Homura to take off her pyjamas as well. Homura’s face flushed upon seeing her father’s naked chest for the first time. Well, there’s a first time for everything. After receiving consent from the father, she pulled her dark shirt over, revealing her bare chest to her father. She closed her eyes when Kiritsugu placed his palm over Homura’s sternum line.

Homura was feeling rather cold without her shirt, especially since they were outside and it’s mildly windy. When her father placed his palm to her chest, she welcomed the physical contact. So warm, it feels rather nice. Homura enjoyed the moment, until the warmth was slowly beginning to become hot…

Magic circuits activated one by one, gradually and without burning themselves out. The circuits belonging to the girl were adjusting to external stimulus, the Magic Crest implantation. It wasn’t an easy process, even if Homura was part of the Emiya bloodline, and would be more compatible than compared to outsiders; there was still something that was creating some resistance.

The former Magus Killer was confused at the length of time needed, it didn’t take this long when he was implanted the crest. He poured greater prana to overcome the resistance and it managed to be successful. The implantation was going to be successful…

As the crest was being implanted, Homura’s vision was slowly beginning to blank out, it was completely white by now. Then she saw visions, a youthful boy that wanted to be a hero of justice as he conversed with his friend, who Homura had to admit was very pretty. In the next moment, she saw the same girl but this time there was something different about her.

Her eyes were glowing red, and was that blood on her hands? Homura could feel her body tensing up in fear, a move that was reflected in the person that experienced the vision (aka young Kiritsugu). In his hands, he had a knife that could end the misery of his friend.

“Please kill me. I don’t want to hurt anybody.” The girl, Shirley, now a Dead Apostle looked onto Kiritsugu and in extension, Homura, as tears poured from her blood colored eyes that lit up the night.

Homura, like the young Kiritsugu turned away from the sight and headed back to home, who hoped that it would be a simple nightmare that would end, but it didn’t. No, instead it became worse.

Now, the island was surrounded in flames as Homura, in Kiritsugu’s body, followed Natalia to find her father. The boy wanted to know why this had to happen, why Shirley had to become a monster to consume people.
    Homura finally met her grandfather, and it wasn’t a good first impression. The Emiya head calmly remarked that while the whole island case was unfortunate, it was a necessary sacrifice to further the Emiya magic in order to reach the Root. The root, what is that? Homura asked herself, was such a thing so important that countless others had to be sacrificed to attain such a dream?

Then, the next vision fast forwarded to the point where Kiritsugu shot and killed his father. There was no emotion on the boy’s face but inwardly, Homura could have vomited right there, her eyes opening in shock as she felt the boy’s arm raise again and fired repeatedly upon the body that belonged to her grandfather as if to confirm the deed.

As the Magic Crest implantation continued, she browsed through the important events of Kiritsugu’s life. She went through the memories of the young adult that was forced to kill countless people over and over, hoping for an ending that justice would prevail. But, the bloodshed continued, Homura cried at the moment where Kiritsugu was forced to kill Natalia, the person that resembled as a mother figure to him.

To a person who felt like she didn’t have a proper mother, to kill a mother like figure, it greatly affected Homura deeply.

Within the intertwined minds of Kiritsugu and Homura, the daughter could hear one sentence echoed over and over again.
    “Saving everybody is impossible, if you save one, that means another cannot be saved.”

It was the motto of the Magus Killer, who was forced to hang to his ideals and what turned him to the person he became now. And as Homura began to reflect on that statement, the Magic Crest was fully transplanted…and the vision came to an end.

----------------

Muffled voices sounded through the air. How long was I out? I feel warm, but wasn’t I outside? Homura struggled to put her thought process in order, when her hearing was improving to the point where she could make out voices.
    It was a youthful male that was calling her name, there was no doubt that it was her brother.

“Homura, can you hear me?” Better get up then, Homura disliked the fact that she was causing anxiety for her family, and slowly opened her eyes.

“Are you alright?! Dad brought you in after saying that you passed out in the yard. He also told you to drink this," as Shirou brought a cup of herbal tea brewed to reduce pain. Homura took and drank the cup of tea, and the effects were instantaneous. Both her headache and the pain that originated from the pain of the transplantation of the Magic Crest reduced to a bearable level. The girl reached towards her chest as if to palpate the area of where the Magic Crest was transplanted.

The area was still more warm compared to the rest of the body, she slowly reached for the hem of her shirt and was about to pull it off when Shirou made an inaudible noise in front of her. Homura tilted her head in confusion as Shirou’s face became redder and he turned around quickly, “What are you doing Homura? Don’t take your clothes off in front of a boy!” He nearly yelled out the last sentence.

Oh, I was just taking off my clothes and Shirou was watching….wait, my brother was looking at what? Homura pieced everything together slowly, and she froze because she realised the problem. Now, both Emiyas’ faces were completely red at this point, “sorry about that!” as the younger sister shouted and ran back indoors .

Shirou went to his father, maybe he would have some answers. But, Kiritsugu was nowhere to be found. Why did he take off when Homura had passed out? That question continued to haunt Shirou for the remainder of the day.

Kiritsugu had already left the house after he left Homura in Shirou’s care. There were many important affairs to attend to, notably about the deal with the Einzberns. There was no doubt that they would not see an act that would equalize as betrayal very lightly. After all, he was supposed to be the trump card and it was highly probable that they had sources of intelligence within Fuyuki city so that they would also know that Kiritsugu managed to survive up to the finale of the war.

He resided in one of his acquaintance’s houses in order to draft a letter to the head of the Einzbern to explain the rationale behind the destruction of the Fuyuki Grail. Kiritsugu’s sole hope was that he would be able to bypass the Einzbern territory and see his daughter Ilya at least once, even if it had to cost his life. He doubted that the Acht would make the journey a cake walk. No, he would place various homunculi, and various wolves on standby to guard against intruders. There was also a boundary field to worry about. Assuming the curse hasn’t completely nullified his magical ability, he SHOULD be able to sneak inside.

The former Magus Killer described his experiences in detail, and what really resided the Grail, it’s supposedly corruption and the being inside, which he believed was Angra Mainyu, was responsible for said corruption. He also narrated briefly about the cause of the Great Fire, he kept the description of the fire VERY briefly, he didn’t want to relive the experience let alone write about it again. Also, they shouldn’t find out about Shirou, there was no doubt that the Einzbern family would turn their vengeance on the boy, Homura and as well as break Ilya in the process.

“Ilya….How are you doing now? Iri is gone now, It’s really sad that you could not see her ever again…” Kiritsugu mouthed the words as he began to write his second letter, this one was for his daughter, who he had at least hoped to read it. As he continued writing about how he had missed her, sharp pain erupted inside of his body.

A deep pain that erupted from Kiritsugu’s hands before it spread to his abdomen and remained there. Clenching his teeth and looking at his hands, the marks of where the Irisviel had scratched him as he strangled her, there was a foul substance that was flowing from the scars. A black liquid that oozed with malice, much like the one from the Grail was spreading through his body, the excess was pushed out like blood from a wound.

It was clear to him. “I don’t have much time left,” as Kiritsugu clicked his tongue, and there was still much to prepare for. Even if I die, I WILL NOT allow my children to be subject to that horrible war EVER again. Making his decision, he continued to walk outside as he took out his phone and began to make arrangements to acquire explosives, and small arms. Even if his life was full of regret, this along with saving Shirou, was something he would cherish until the moment he drops dead.

After making the phone calls and sending out the mail, he turned towards the direction of the sunset as he made for the journey home.

Homura brushed several drops of sweat, the Magic Crest was heating up as the Magic Circuits were reacting towards the Crest again. What was going on? Homura thought as she took a towel, wetted it and wiped her face in order to cool herself off.

“Shirou onii-chan?” The younger Emiya called out for her adopted brother, he was here a moment ago but he later left her alone in the bedroom where the 2 Emiya children slept in.

“I’m in the kitchen,” the male voice rang out as the voice became closer as Shirou stepped in with a tray in hand with oatmeal. It was an easily assembled dish and even though there was no adult supervision, Shirou felt confident enough to just pour mix and boiling water at the same time. The thought of their babysitter, Fujimura Taiga, cooking their food brought cold chills to Shirou, the worst possibility was if she was the one that was serving food to a recovering Homura.

Taking a spoon to feed herself but as soon as her tongue met the spoon, she dropped it with a plop right into the bowl. The oatmeal was hot, Shirou was sure that even if the taste was great, the burning sensation from the heat was much stronger as the black haired girl kept blowing into her hands to get the excess heat out of her mouth.

Concerned, Shirou lifted a cup of cold water to Homura’s mouth and told her to drink the liquid to cool her tongue. The younger Emiya grabbed the water quickly and gulped it down in one breath. Taking heavy breaths afterwards, she became embarrassed at her mistake. The boy grabbed the spoon that was dropped and blew it softly before handing back to Homura, who pouted. “I can feed myself,” the younger sister was quick to regain her lost pride.

In the Fuyuki City borders was where a vengeful family had resided. The Akemi family was once part of the 5 Demon Hunter Families. However, the Akemi were branded as traitors and heretics after their focus changed from hunting nonhumans to killing anybody for the highest bidder. From that fateful day, the 5 families had decreased to 4, and they had renamed themselves as the Demon Hunter Organization.

Starting with the most recent head of the Akemi family, Akemi Roki, he made connections with the Magus Association to hunt down and destroy magi outright. But, this was all to be done because Roki had developed an interest in magecraft and the collection of Magic Crests to further their goals.

Emiya Kiritsugu and the Akemi family had a rough history together. Both of them were contacted by the Magus Association to hunt down a certain Magi, who was deemed a threat after he threatened to expose the secrets of magecraft to the public after being rejected a position at the Clock Tower. The Akemi family and Kiritsugu, although given the same job, were contacted separately and neither of them were aware of the other’s intentions. Therefore, the 2 forces had clashed when they were hunting down the same target.

The two forces butted heads more than once and it often left with more bloodshed to the surrounding area, and the Akemi family losing several members with each confrontation with the Magus Killer.

The Akemi family specialized in Clairvoyance and the use of Concealment to bypass Bounded fields and the technique of hiding weaponry which made them excellent assassins. But neither of these had mattered when faced against Kiritsugu who specialized in killing heretics in all areas.

Akemi Roki rubbed the bullet scar on his shoulder, he was lucky that it was not his heart that was shot. It was more of a direct blow upon his pride more than anything. Emiya Kiritsugu will pay, Roki swore on it. But, he was also not stupid. A direct attack on the Emiya family would equivalent to nothing less than suicide, there must be another way to repay the Emiyas, as the head of the Akemi family slammed the table, causing a small tremor in the room.

“Emiya, if only I can see your face twisted in grief right now.” The elder now sported a more sinister grin as he tried to think of possible ideas to attack the Emiya household.

There was no doubt that that the Emiya residence would be filled with traps and Bounded fields that could stop several assassins. But even though the idea of revenge would be fitting, the price was still too low to consider risking the lives of his subordinates to settle a grudge between himself and the Magus Killer.

Then, there’s the problem with who was going to succeed him as leader in case the worst scenario happened if he fell in battle. The Akemi tapped his foot on the floor impatiently, “So many things to do and SO LITTLE time.” He would have spat on the ground, if there was nobody watching him but being the Akemi head, he had to act gracefully in front of his subordinates and family members.
    Last edited by blitz1/2; October 28th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Good to see this updated but....

I'm pretty sure that transplanting a Magic Crest is a surgical procedure that is actually supposed to take a while and not be done all at once, but don't quote me on that.

I thought what Kiri did there was just wake up Homura's magic circuits?
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
    And as Homura began to reflect on that statement, the Magic Crest was fully transplanted…and the vision came to an end.
    Nope. Magic Crest transfer happened.

Ah, my bad then.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!