Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373 ... LastLast

Thread: Hail to the King, Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
    *several pages of spam, nonsense, and the thread generally going full retard*

What the fuck are you all doing?! This was a perfectly nice thread until about twenty posts ago!

Hymn, chalk up another one for femKidu. And hurry up with that next snip before the spammers make your thread self-destruct!
    Trust me you get used to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
    *several pages of spam, nonsense, and the thread generally going full retard*

What the fuck are you all doing?! This was a perfectly nice thread until about twenty posts ago!

Hymn, chalk up another one for femKidu. And hurry up with that next snip before the spammers make your thread self-destruct!

Now drown in your animu and die.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shirou had heard tales of Enkidu. Enkidu had been a character central to Gilgamesh’s legend and development as a king. Sculpted by the god of the sky from clay, Enkidu was raised amongst beasts until Shamhat seduced him with pleasures of the flesh. A counterpoint to the civilized Gilgamesh, Enkidu fought by his side and was ultimately laid low by the curse of the gods.

The woman before him was not what expected. But than again, neither was Gilgamesh. Enkidu was said to be Gilgamesh’s equal and Shirou knew firsthand how powerful the King of Heroes was. Underestimating her boon companion would be extraordinarily unwise.

The fact that she was circling like a hungry lion while Gilgamesh watched in amusement only served to further his discomfort. Enkidu had skin as dark as the dirt beneath her bare feet. Her messy hair was darker still with equally dark eyes, and she was adorned in animal furs. Adding to her appearance were clearly defined muscles like whipcords, and a tall frame equal to Gilgamesh that let her look down on Shirou. Saber had power in spite of her petite frame, and Rider had a surprising amount of strength. Enkidu towered over both and looked like she could wrestle the two of them down with one arm.

In a word, she was intimidating. “Nice catch, Gil.” Enkidu even whistled appreciatively. “Got some nice muscle on him too. Any chance he’s stronger as he looks?”

“If you’re comparing him to the men of our time,” Gilgamesh said dryly, “then no.”

“Shame.”

Shirou was naturally uncomfortable with being so brazenly sized up, and within his own home no less. He didn’t dare say anything though. Hopefully this would pass and Gilgamesh and Enkidu would start focusing on each other again.

“Mind if I take him for a spin?”

….Shirou really should have known better than to display such unwarranted optimism.

Gilgamesh tapped her chin in contemplation. “Well, as long as you don’t break him beyond my ability to fix.”

The smile of Enkidu’s face was pure delight, and it sent a shiver of fear down Shirou’s spine. Resignation filled Shirou. He knew damn well what was coming, and experience with Gilgamesh had long since conditioned him to just go with the flow. “So….where? Dojo? Kitchen? Bedroom?” Fat chance of that last one, but a guy could hope.

Enkidu grabbed Shirou’s arm and began to drag him out the door. “I prefer outside. Is there a nice forest around here?”

Naturally. He should have known. He did know one forest, but there was no way in hell he was volunteering it.

“The Einzbern have a nice section of woods not too far from here.”

Also, Gilgamesh would do it for him.

“Great!” The cheer in Enkidu’s voice was infectious and Shirou tried very, very hard to not be affected. Odds were high Ilya was going to get wind of this, and then he was screwed. In more ways than one.

One thing was bothering him though. “Gilgamesh,” he said slowly. “Why are you coming with us?”

He got a fierce glare for his question. “As if I would let Enkidu out of my sight so soon. Also, I intend to watch.”

And Shirou’s day officially could not get worse.

--

“This spot looks nice.” Enkidu weaved her way in-between trees. “Nice bit of open ground, good tree cover that doesn’t block too much light….”

Enkidu clapped her hands. “I declare this spot to be perfect!” She turned to face Shirou with a big wide smile on her face. Shirou looked towards Gilgamesh for some small sign of support, but Gilgamesh was already settled into a decadent portable chair and sipping fine wine.

Screw it. “Any advice, my liege?” If they were going to be so open about this, he might as well see if it would work for him.

To Shirou’s surprise, Gilgamesh favored him with a delighted smile. “I do, actually.” The smile widened. “Dodge.”

Wait, what?

A battle cry from Enkidu and a whistling in the air was the only thing that kicked Shirou’s brain into gear and leap to the side. And a good thing too, as Enkidu’s axe kick tore through the space his head had occupied and smashed a crater into the forest floor.

Shirou had grievously misjudged the situation, and he’d bet every yen in his bank account that Gilgamesh had known from the start.

Enkidu threw her head back and laughed. “And here I heard you don’t have a lick of self-preservation!”

“If I didn’t defend myself, I’d have died a long time ago,” Shirou said tersely as he studied Enkidu. He had no doubt that she’d held back for his sake, but that was still pressing the limits of what Shirou was capable of. “So, is this a martial arts match?”

Gilgamesh scoffed from the sidelines. “Don’t be silly. This is a fight between you and Enkidu. Anything goes. I suggest you fight with all of your power, or this will be a very short fight.” The King of Heroes’ smile became significantly more lewd. “And I would prefer you mobile this evening.”

Peachy. There was only one response for that. “Trace, on.” Golden light coalesced into a pair of black and white falchions. He had studied his unique abilities intensively, and while he had not reached EMIYA’s lofty level Shirou had progressed in leaps and bound. The swords in Emiya Shirou’s were more than a joke without a punchline when placed next to Archer’s blades.

Drawing on the power and skill of a Heroic Spirit, he beckoned Enkidu forward.

She grinned, charged, and shattered Bakuya with a single punch.

Her fist followed through and knocked Shirou off his feet and into a tree, but at that point he could have been toppled by a feather. He was nearly certain Enkidu was not a magus or any other kind of magic user. Magic circuits didn’t even exist in Gilgamesh’s time, and different magical traditions were used. So if Enkidu was not using magic….

….Then she had just destroyed a damn Noble Phantasm with brute strength.

Enkidu, however, was delighted. “Hey, I actually had to work at breaking that! Nice trick there.” She dropped into a proper fighting stance. “Let’s see how many more tricks you have!”

She leapt forward. Shirou threw himself away from his tree, projecting a replacement for Bakuya immediately. Enkidu’s fist tore through the tree like it was made of paper, and lashed out with an edged hand in Shirou’s direction. Years of accumulated history took over and Shirou parried. But even though he’d attacked with the edge, Enkidu just flowed with the blow and didn’t take so much as a scratch. Then her second hand caught up and obliterated Kanshou.

Shirou moved backwards desperately, projecting yet another replacement. Enkidu was ruthless though. She followed him every step of the way, never moving beyond his ability to react, but always pushing him to his utmost limits. Projection and projection was shattered under her blows. Even Shirou had up to six copies of the falcions in the air and circling on Enkidu, her fists and feet unerringly destroyed or delfected the attacks.

It was just like fighting Saber. Except Enkidu didn’t bother with weapons, and had an advantage in reach that Shirou normally possessed. What weapons she didn’t destroyed, her arms snaked around and attacked Shirou directly. She circumvented his defenses with casual ease, and she did it without even having the decency of overpowering him.

Shirou knew that he was skilled, but people like Enkidu and Gilgamesh just left him in the dust.

Eventually, Enkidu slid past one of Shirou’s desperate attacks, wrapped her arms around him from behind, and suplexed him into the ground.

Ow.” Thank you Reinforcement. If this was treated Shirou with kid gloves, he never wanted to be on the other end of a serious Enkidu. Shirou’s rear finally hit the ground, and his legs sprawled across the dirt.

Enkidu leaned over him with a cheeky smile. “I give you three stars out of five. You’re not bad, but you’re nowhere near my level. Still, you never gave up and kept fighting even when I was kicking your ass. That counts for something.”

“Just be sure you didn’t break him,” Gilgamesh chimed in. “Too much, at least.”

Enkidu waved her friend off. “Stop being such a mother hen about him, he’s just fine. Right Shirou?”

“Ow.”

“See? Just fine.”

I do not call that fine!

Oh no. Oh no no no.

Ilya crashed through the foliage, perched on Berserker’s broad shoulders. “I’m here to rescue you, onii-chan!”

This day just kept getting worse. There was no way this could end well.

“Eeeee….”

That sounded like Enkidu. Sure enough, a soft, excited sound was emitting from Enkidu’s throat. Her fists were clenched together as stars danced in her eyes, which were firmly latched onto Herakles.

“Gilgamesh,” Enkidu said softly. “Please tell me this one isn’t especially important to you.”

The King of Heroes smirked. “Just don’t hurt the child. Shirou has some attachment to her!”

Ilya began to growl. “I’m right here you huss-“

Whatever Ilya planned on saying was cut off as Enkidu blurred past Herakles, snatched Ilya off his shoulders, and deposited her next to Shirou.

“….Eh?”

Berserker roared in rage at the theft of his Master and swung his axe-sword towards the tanned girl. Enkidu met it with her fist.

The axe-sword cracked. Enkidu’s fist did not.

“Yes!” A fist plowed into Berserker’s stomach and sent him flying. “Hell yes!” A kick was fired off and blocked with Herakles’ forearm. “HELL THE FUCK YES!

“I think they’ll be busy for quite a while.” Gilgamesh offered a bag to Shirou. “Popcorn?”

Ilya watched in horrified fascination as her Servant was knocked into the air and brought back down to earth in a vicious pile driver.

“…Sure.”
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; July 12th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, Enkidu/Berserker anyone?
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ... Female Enkidu is FUCKING GLORIOUS.

Godamn bless you Hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    I'd give you all the treasures in my vault for this epic scene, but Gilgamesh took them all.

Just. Wow. Female Enkidu is absofuckinglutely afuckingmazing.
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Blog Entries
    *tilts head* Why is there male Gilgamesh?
    Did I miss something?

Also: Enkidu being badass. I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    She'd certainly take him for a ride.

I couldn't get the Gilgamesh/Misaya drabble to flow. Maybe I'll try with Enkidu. I came up with a number of Enkidu ideas today.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    ... Female Enkidu is FUCKING GLORIOUS.

Godamn bless you Hymn.
    *takes a bow*

I have completely settled on this Enkidu, but she is the first one to jump out and speak to me. She just...works. She fits to Gilgamesh well, and I have some interactions of them in their youth in my head. They play off each other right for a bromance. And regardless of whether romance is a factor, they are Bros first and foremost.

I'd give you all the treasures in my vault for this epic scene, but Gilgamesh took them all.

Just. Wow. Female Enkidu is absofuckinglutely afuckingmazing.
    Glad to please!

*tilts head* Why is there male Gilgamesh?
    Did I miss something?
    There shouldn't be. Did I screw up a pronoun?
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's "alas" that Gil volunteered that forest, as opposed to "also," but considering what came of it . . .

If Herakles wasn't berserk, he'd likely appreciate Enkidu - she's his type of girl. And why do I suspect that she gets horny after a fight?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I think it's "alas" that Gil volunteered that forest, as opposed to "also," but considering what came of it . . .
    No, I meant Also there. Shirou knew it was coming.

If Herakles wasn't berserk, he'd likely appreciate Enkidu - she's his type of girl. And why do I suspect that she gets horny after a fight?
    He probably would, and they'd tear up entire provinces kicking the shit out of each other.

And yes, she does. Assuming she has enough energy after a fight.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    There shouldn't be. Did I screw up a pronoun?
    I saw several male pronouns for Gilgamesh. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know I'm not imagining them or confusing "king" for one.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I saw several male pronouns for Gilgamesh. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know I'm not imagining them or confusing "king" for one.
    The 'he' in the beginning is intentional, because in legend Gilgamesh is a male. So far, at least. Lord knows Gilgamesh wouldn't be concealed her gender, but eh. She's also still referred to as King.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was interesting, but... I dunno, Fem!Enkidu is kinda meh. One genderbend is fine enough, but making Enkidu also into a girl just makes it too boring, honestly.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    It was interesting, but... I dunno, Fem!Enkidu is kinda meh. One genderbend is fine enough, but making Enkidu also into a girl just makes it too boring, honestly.
    Hmm, really? Alright, what would you have preferred to see? As I said, I'm not set on this Enkidu, but this is the first one to leap out at me as a fully formed character.

And Lyco, I found no gender screw-ups. This Gilgamesh is still the King of Heroes, not the Queen.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

What are you looking at? Fantabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1822619-spongebob_money_super.jpg 
Views:	2201 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	6246

Blog Entries
    And Lyco, I found no gender screw-ups. This Gilgamesh is still the King of Heroes, not the Queen.
    ...I thought I just stated that I didn't mean that part? ^^;;;
    I know I saw some...
    F/GO SUPPORT

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    I have completely settled on this Enkidu, but she is the first one to jump out and speak to me. She just...works. She fits to Gilgamesh well, and I have some interactions of them in their youth in my head. They play off each other right for a bromance. And regardless of whether romance is a factor, they are Bros first and foremost.
    There's still the friendship benefits involved right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1822619-spongebob_money_super.jpg 
Views:	2201 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	6246
    We shall see.

Honestly, I used Herk because of Ilya. He's definitely still interesting to Enkidu, but wait till Cu shows up. I see them getting along like a house on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    ...I thought I just stated that I didn't mean that part? ^^;;;
    I know I saw some...
    Well, start quoting some sentences where you see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    There's still the friendship benefits involved right?
    A-yup. They're just Bros first.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, really? Alright, what would you have preferred to see? As I said, I'm not set on this Enkidu, but this is the first one to leap out at me as a fully formed character.
    Probably a more masculine Enkidu; you've got the "wild man" thing down with Fem!Enkidu, but if you're going female Gilgamesh, I'd say male Enkidu would work better as a foil, and it'd be potentially more amusing if Mankidu showed interest in Shirou, rather than Fem!Enkidu doing the same. Remember, in the myth Enkidu was made to stop Gilgamesh from being a power-hungry, abusive jackass. I think maybe that could be shown better with Mankidu, maybe with him flustering Gilgamesh a bit since she seems to be in her pre-Enkidu haughty mode.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Probably a more masculine Enkidu; you've got the "wild man" thing down with Fem!Enkidu, but if you're going female Gilgamesh, I'd say male Enkidu would work better as a foil, and it'd be potentially more amusing if Mankidu showed interest in Shirou, rather than Fem!Enkidu doing the same. Remember, in the myth Enkidu was made to stop Gilgamesh from being a power-hungry, abusive jackass. I think maybe that could be shown better with Mankidu, maybe with him flustering Gilgamesh a bit since she seems to be in her pre-Enkidu haughty mode.
    I agree with this. For all of Fem!Enkidu's fun quirkiness, she doesn't really play off Gil as much as she could. A male could probably do it a lot better.