Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Sapphire, Eyes of the Devil: Kotomine Shirou Snippet Thread

Wait.... what. Komrade Kwestions's Avatar
    Honestly, it'd take me a while to figure out how events flow from the night of revelations to the Grail War, then figure out how much I can put in the prologue, time skip, and satisfactorily show instead of tell what had happened, but wouldn't fit in the prologue. But if I do have the story go down the route of Sakura being Shirou's friend, he would know about the lustfulness that the worms cause, and if I make Shinji's circuits fade quickly, Shirou would have to have weekly sex with both Shinji, and Sakura, (possibly at the same time for maximum awkwardness/ sharing the od drain between the two guys.)

Why yes, I do study at the Lois McMaster Bujold school of plotting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois McMaster Bujold
    The rule for the plot of character driven stories is to ask: So what's the worst possible thing I can do to *this* guy?' And then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Geez guys, if you want to do this with maximum lulz, it can seem like she is gonna get pissed at first, the get flustered, but then she quietly sits down, looks them in the eyes and takes out a sketchbook/sketchpad, then she says, "Continue."
    That can work too. I propose to do two versions (though this would work only as oneshots). One with Yandere Sakura, and the other with Pervert Sakura.

Again, I would laught with both versions so...

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    ...I'm stuck! I (for once) don't have any ready ideas for my Kotomine Shirou fic where it regards his Origin. Apparently, having Avalon housed w/i his body for 10 years was what caused the original Origin to change into the canonical "Sword". Ok, that's fine.

In Velsper's fics, Urobuchi Shirou was raised w/ Gen and the Internet, so the influx of information turned his into "Word". But, in my plot, not only is there no Avalon, Shirou has a bit of Angra Mainyu inside now, too. What would that cause his Origin to begin shifting to?

Something geared towards cursing/weakening others? B/c if that's so, that would just make it a stronger emphasis on the parallel b/t he and Kirei, in that they are inclined to cause strife but personally specialize in strengthening and healing, respectively.

Your opinions?
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Have his Origin be Plague...or something. After all Angra Mainyu is a plague on the earth.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Regarding raw emotion and feeling, perhaps. Thaat's what Angry is, only turned up to 11 because humanity wanted something evil to blame their sins on, hence his birth.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That works too.
    LIKE A KING

Alright, but how might that be expressed in terms of Shirou's abilities? Emiya's specialized primarily in weapons, Urobuchi apparently was geared toward the physical application of collected conceptual data.

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I'd say make it faith. It allows him to accomplish things that are actually impossible as long as he believes he can succeed. Perfect for breaking limits and fighting da powa.

@Bloble: ...I was tempted for a moment (literally) to shoot this idea down, but when one considers the context of Angra Mainyu's "creation", it makes a kind of sense. Warped and perversely ironic...I like the premise. But anything more specific to add?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    Warped and perversely ironic...
    The best kind of stuff.
    LIKE A KING

@Alulim: ...Wiggling...
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; July 6th, 2011 at 09:12 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The best kind...most of the time.
    LIKE A KING

But no, seriously, any other ideas to throw out there for K!Shirou's abilities?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If faith doesn't work, how about loss? He will always lose whatever he gains, leading to a resistance against torture and magical damage. And the things he keeps are that much stronger for it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I do think he should still have some sort of a Reality Marble, we will need to have his origin figured out before we get into the exacts for that.
    LIKE A KING

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    If faith doesn't work, how about loss? He will always lose whatever he gains, leading to a resistance against torture and magical damage. And the things he keeps are that much stronger for it.
    Lose whatever you gain?

Sounds like Sacchin to me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, here's a potential RM for an origin of Faith.

It looks like the site of the fire that Shirou experienced in all of his flashbacks. The flames are still going, and everything looks exactly the same as that time. Now, Shirou gains the power to direct those flames, and they can burn any living thing without fail, and are unblock able.
    Now here's the trick. The flames aren't actually burning people, but the property of this RM is that whatever people believe will happen actually does, withing limits. For example, if Shirou uses it and is full of confidence in victory, he will somehow end up winning. But if his opponent is also confident, the stronger will defeats the weaker one. So the flames will only hurt someone if they believe they are being wounded. Thus, Faith.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That seems more like magecraft then a Reality Marble.

Blog Entries
    Well that sucks against Gil, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But that's the beauty. Shirou has to make Gil believe for even a single second that he may lose, and the flames will burn. In fact, he won't even find out about the RM's true effects. And inside the RM, an effect only for Shirou: he becomes more powerful the more belief is concentrated in him. It doesn't matter where it comes from. So the more people believe in him the stronger he becomes. How 'bout that?