Blog Entries
    I am good at Servant sheets~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the Shinji idea does make a certain amount of sense but, honestly, I don't think that just "not being a dick" is really enough to fully absolve him. After all, he does know Sakura is being abused, and yet he's making no attempt to help her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    True, inaction is sometimes just as bad as actively helping.

But Shinji is still not known for being courageous though, Zouken would take his life if he tried to do something to help...so he could be living under the fear of that.
    LIKE A KING

Wait.... what. Komrade Kwestions's Avatar
    Or even worse, he could still think of Sakura as an intruder and hate her. The only redeeming anything about him in this proposed scenario is that he puts his energy into alchemy, instead of abusing Sakura.

If you want to 'fix' Shinji, you'd have to rewrite him from when he first found out the truth of Sakura's adoption. My outlined scenario follows as such:
    Shinji finds out, and runs away to Shirou's house, Shirou being his best/(maybe) only friend. Shirou takes him in, and shortly after, Shinji catches Shirou practicing magecraft. After a fist fight, some anger issues, and Shinji saying that Shirou's method of creating a circut like that should be impossible, they resolve to use the Matou books and Shirou's
    projection to create some kind of magic circuits for Shinji.

Nasuverse magic having power in sex, and me being a sadistic bastard, the only thing that I have thought of to explain how the system works is sex. In order for Shinji's system to work, Shirou has to have sex with Shinji; the phrase "It's not gay, it's magecraft!" would be shouted, and those scenes would be portrayed as awkward, uncomfortable for both of them, and make the UBW sex scene look serious and tender.

How the Grail War would play out would be beyond me, mainly because of Sakura. While Complete Material 3 says that HF happened because Shirou 'chose' Sakura, giving her hope, which in turned invited all kinds of negative emotions, hastening Angra Mayu, would he have been friends with her in this path? Furthermore, what would Shinji's interactions and thoughts towards Sakura be? Note: I'm pretty certain that the pole vaulting scene would still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois McMaster Bujold
    The rule for the plot of character driven stories is to ask: So what's the worst possible thing I can do to *this* guy?' And then do it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Indeed.
    LIKE A KING

I just got the foreboding feeling that someone is going to sig that...
    The rule for the plot of character driven stories is to ask: So what's the worst possible thing I can do to *this* guy?' And then do it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If no one else, it will be me.

The deed is done.
    LIKE A KING

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Do it. Just do it.
    Seriously. This has to happen.
    For the good of character developement, we need... gay sex.
    By the way, as much as writing this sickens me, Shinji would probably be on top.

And for lulz, have Sakura walk in on them. Que her trying to kill him in various ways over the years.

and make the UBW sex scene look serious and tender.
    This is a challenge worth of Heracles' twelve jobs.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    This is a challenge worth of Heracles' twelve jobs.
    It won't be the same anymore. :|

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    And for lulz, have Sakura walk in on them. Que her trying to kill him in various ways over the years.
    Sakura wouldn't do that....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not Shirou, but Shinji...
    "How could you nii-san? I trusted you... and you want to take Senpai away? I... can't let you do that, nii-san." Yandere modo, activate.
    Cue a hilarious reversal of roles played for laughs as Shinji ends up scarred for life and unable to look her in the eyes. And every time he so much as touches Shirou she turns Yandere and threatens to kill. Hilarious!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nah, again, Sakura isn't that sort of person.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    I was about to answer Mike's 1st post when I read the one two posts down... {Removes glasses in order to massage brow.}

Damn my instantaneous mental imaging... Yeah~, damn it all... {Sighs in a slump, then decides to get over it.}

Okay, Mike-sempai, the way Sakura's domestic situation works out is that I didn't explicitly say how Shinji pursuing an alternative branch of magecraft studies would help her aside from Shinji not having a reason to hate Sakura for "usurping" his birthright. My previous idea was just the top of the hill, I'm not going to spoil how things snowball from there to affect the present by the 5th War. Esp. not when I'm such a sympathizer w/ Kariya's approach to saving her...

@Komrade Kwestions: If I was wearing a hat right now, and if I wasn't tempted to mimic Oddjob, I would take it off to you. So instead, I'll just tip my glasses to your idea. {Tips right lens of glasses w/ a finger tap.} Good game, man.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Nah, again, Sakura isn't that sort of person.
    Well, is the rule of funny. Every female character pottentially interested in Shirou would go all Yandere in that situation. Sakura just happens to be related to both guys so she is the designed yandere here (keep in mind that both Saber and Rin would also kill both of them, but in that case the threatened one would be Shirou instead of Shinji)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Alternatively, she can be very public about Shinji "turning Sempai gay" and trying to "win him over to better things." Please note the quotes. They, of course, would deny the whole thing- which might just confirm it in everyone else's eyes.

Taiga (over breakfast): Has Shinji already left? I don't mind him being here, but, oh, Shirou, did I not raise you right? To be attracted to- to Shinji-
    Shirou: I'm not.
    Taiga: It breaks your big sister's heart! And then you go and leave poor Sakura all alone-
    Shirou: Why is Sakura involved? It's not like anyone is going anywhere...
    Taiga: -to run off with your lover!
    Shirou: I already told you, we're not like that!
    Taiga: Oh, so tragic! Let us show you the fruit of womanhood! Sakura!
    Sakura: Yes!
    Shirou: Neither of you are listening, are you.

I'm having too much fun with this, I really am. And yes, I know, somewhat OOC. Also apologizing in advance to anybody who's actually had their family relations turn sour because of their orientation.

Eh, I feel that's an overgeneralization about all of the girls would go Yandere on him. Saber would be dismayed, cold and distant with Shirou, Rin would be angry at first, but she'd soon mercilessly take hold of this new teasing/mocking material. And I also don't even think that Sakura's much of a yandere, if at all. If she was, then she wouldn't have taken Rin's remarks in Fate to "get out, I'll be taking care of him" lying down. She doesn't deliberately have Shirou's arm torn off in HF, she's just relieved that he can't fight anymore, and disturbed that she is relieved. Even Dark Sakura isn't Yandere to me, I see her actions to Shirou as a sadist who enjoys his existence, if not actually attached to him.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    B-but think of the potential!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And I also don't even think that Sakura's much of a yandere, if at all. If she was, then she wouldn't have taken Rin's remarks in Fate to "get out, I'll be taking care of him" lying down. She doesn't deliberately have Shirou's arm torn off in HF, she's just relieved that he can't fight anymore, and disturbed that she is relieved. Even Dark Sakura isn't Yandere to me, I see her actions to Shirou as a sadist who enjoys his existence, if not actually attached to him.
    I think we've had this discussion on this forum about 100 times before.

You're entirely right, she is not a Yandere, even in her Dark form.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a shame. Sakura as a Yandere would've been so interesting too. But no, why don't we stick with a normal, well adjusted Sakura? There's no need for a crazy person, right?