Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Siege Perilous Reflected under the glass moon

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HE'S A GREEK HERO. Of COURSE he would still want to fight.
    if you can explain why GREEK heroes have a penchant for fighting more then others or why exactly Herc would fight when he doesn't have to (remember Herc is actually a nice guy who was a farmer till shit went bad and crazy wife killing happened) then I'll accept your statement. otherwise I see no reason for him to go fighting randomly (of course it's all up to the person playing him but I'm not about to insinuate the player must fight if they play Hercules)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    physics are physics mike. given his height weight etcetera Herc would be unbelievably strong. the flip of this is that he wouldn't want to fight being y'know sane and all.
    Well, perhaps, but even so he's insanely good relative to the rest.

you focus entirely on their purely combat abilities. Saber is a leader, tactician a skilled rider, has a background in hunting, farm etcetera and still know how to sword/spear/bow fight the only thing holding her back is the weight of the weapon.
    Perhaps, but she's still a hell of a way below where she was before....

they're good when you realize that you can pick up a different bloody sword.
    A fifteen-year-old girl still isn't likely to be the best sword-fighter ever....

archer is noted to have fought in a least a few modern conflicts and he's not stupid. he'd have figured out how to use guns for a number of reasons.
    Why the hell would Archer bother with making a gun when he can fire off infinite numbers of legendary swords...?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Why the hell would Archer bother with making a gun when he can fire off infinite numbers of legendary swords...?
    For a quick and easy way of killing people without revealing magic? For when he ran out of mana? For self-defence?

And he wouldn't need to make a gun, you can buy one in practically every major city in the world without too much trouble.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    And he wouldn't need to make a gun, you can buy one in practically every major city in the world without too much trouble.
    No, you can't. You can buy guns in America, yes, and most poorer cities, but in most of Western Europe, Japan and Australia you would find it difficult.

Blog Entries
    Well, perhaps, but even so he's insanely good relative to the rest.
    and? seriously don't whine if you don't have a real reason man

Perhaps, but she's still a hell of a way below where she was before....
    again i can't see you're point. every character is.

A fifteen-year-old girl still isn't likely to be the best sword-fighter ever....
    30 years of training makes her a master.

as eddyak says. conservation and concealment of magic. and stealing equipment for in field soldiers is easy enough plus he could back to get certain thing smuggled in to countries.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's a lot easier than you'd think, Mike. Especially in some of the nastier parts of london. The biggest problem is leaving the place once they've found out you have enough money for a gun.

Granted, they are mostly converted crap, but there are still a lot of guns in circulation.

Blog Entries
    Granted, they are mostly converted crap, but there are still a lot of guns in circulation.
    which archer could cannibalize then refit properly

Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    if you can explain why GREEK heroes have a penchant for fighting more then others or why exactly Herc would fight when he doesn't have to (remember Herc is actually a nice guy who was a farmer till shit went bad and crazy wife killing happened) then I'll accept your statement. otherwise I see no reason for him to go fighting randomly (of course it's all up to the person playing him but I'm not about to insinuate the player must fight if they play Hercules)
    Son of Zeus. Member of the Argonauts. Went around doing awesome crap even when he was done with his labors. Strangled snakes sent by Hera as a baby. Burned himself because of poison he likely would have survived anyway. Got sent to Olympus where he continued to do awesome crap. Oh wait, none of that really explains anything. Anyway, the Argonauts went around doing Greek heroing stuff. Like pillaging, fighting monsters, raping, that sort of heroics. And Zeus was a big pimp.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    while hilarious your story doesn't really help your case.

at anyrate I have to ask if you were considering playing or just in this for the discussion?

I was actually going to suggest Araya, because loldodge bullets loltwist heads right off loltrollmonk, but I'm still thinking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I was actually going to suggest Araya, because loldodge bullets loltwist heads right off loltrollmonk, but I'm still thinking.
    keep in mind the superhuman aspect has been ramped down in this due to the no magic thing

Fuck that. If Assassin keeps that damn ability of his to slash in three dimensions, why can't Araya do his dodge bullets and rip heads off tricks? He didn't even USE any magic for that stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Fuck that. If Assassin keeps that damn ability of his to slash in three dimensions, why can't Araya do his dodge bullets and rip heads off tricks? He didn't even USE any magic for that stuff.
    you're telling me araya used no magical force to dodge bullets reliably? then tell me how he managed those feats?

Cus he's damn Araya.

Blog Entries
    that explains absolutely nothing

Yes, it does. This is the Nasuverse. Take Assassin. If you asked the same question of him, I could answer the same thing, and you would have gotten it, because we're talking about a guy who literally fucked with the laws of physics. Yet Araya, who in comparison has done far less, is unable to do the stuff we know he can?

Ginger Magus
    The novels described Araya being physically fit enough to dodge a bullet after it had been fired. So yeah.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it does. This is the Nasuverse.
    no it doesn't work like that. you haven't explained how he can do that.

Take Assassin. If you asked the same question of him, I could answer the same thing, and you would have gotten it, because we're talking about a guy who literally fucked with the laws of physics.
    yes and it's rather clearly explained that he trained his whole life to do so.

Yet Araya, who in comparison has done far less, is unable to do the stuff we know he can?
    I'm asking for the how. how does araya do that stuff? training? if so then what kind.

then what kind.
    Yet you don't ask this of Assassin?! Who knows, maybe he trained up in the Himalayas with the freaking Dalai Lama in that one mythical valley for vast periods of time learning how to dodge freaking projectiles and twist heads off of straw people!

You know, I think you're trying to troll me. No, nevermind, I'm out. Won't make a character, I'll enjoy it from the sidelines.

Blog Entries
    Yet you don't ask this of Assassin?!
    training with a sword to master a skill is a much more believable concept then dodging bullets type. fit enough to dodge bullets once they're fired is a little unbelievable with a human skill set.

You know, I think you're trying to troll me.
    I'm trying to maintain a level for the cast within the plot. not trolling