Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Age

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Okay, before I proceed and post even more, I want to say something.

I am no politician. Everything in my characterization of important political figures is something I came up with based on what little I know and tons of guessing. I'm sure Steven Harper isn't really the kind of guy to call up Obama at midnight to gossip about stupid e-mail pranks. Also, Kim Jong Whatever is not actually a super villain (I think).

Also, since there's no information about the Director of the Mage's Association other that he's 2000+ years old, I'm having him not appear much in this story and be content to let the Vice Director (Barthomeloi Lorelei) handle this crisis while he does secret old dude stuff.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Lancelot without Mad Enhancement and fully in control over his abilities.

:3c
    ...is penetrated by a thousand bladed weapons.

Or crushed by a giant golden Gilgamesh statue.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

*pats Edd lovingly*

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't he only survive Gil because of Mad Enhancement?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's 100% even. Alexander was naturally gifted with a huge penis, but Archer, who was born hopelessly average, nevertheless attained a huge penis through years of jelqing and penis pumping.
    "Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Clearly, immersing himself in excessive grimdark has turned Gen into a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X
    Zelretch: Time travelling sex offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    If the HGW was fought between Indian heroes Fuyuki would be a smoking crater.

Like this Facebook page please: https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions

夜魔 Nightmare
    Full power Saber ought to be interesting, considering she's actually summoned in England this time.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Remember, full powered Gil. Hell even without summoning him from the place where his legend is most prominent he still owned them, if he actually fought seriously.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Surely the Dead Apostles aren't going to stay silent with all of this stuff going on in the world.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Two Words.

Broken. Phantasms.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Two Words.

Broken. Phantasms.
    One word.

EMIYA.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

The answer to Gilgamesh is:
    One word.

EMIYA.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    Remember, full powered Gil. Hell even without summoning him from the place where his legend is most prominent he still owned them, if he actually fought seriously.
    I don't quite understand those bolded portions. Do they exist in reality?

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    tl;dr The world is SoL because of new AoG.

Must monitor this, Bloble.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I'm not sure whether to salivate or whimper . . .
    Definitely the former for me. I think I'm still on a drugfic-induced high after reading this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Will America get vampire-hunting-badass-axeman Lincoln? Germany get super scientist Einstein? Russia get unkillable Rasputin? So many possibilities.....
    When you consider the everyone in the world that has a email-address got one of these videos (according to the Canadian prime minister), I'd say there'll be more than just one Heroic Spirit per country. This is going to be EPIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    Nice work. Looking forward to how the Knights of the Round are going to be shown. Is Gil summoned in Iraq? where Uruk was,cause then he would be even stronger...... I hope
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    That night, somewhere in Greece...

“I call upon you. Come forth, Guardian of the Balance.”

The ritual circle electrified. The once mundane red paint that had been used to create it crackled and burned as the prana running through it heated it to the point of evaporation. The smell of ozone permeated the air of the mansion and the light shining from the circle would have temporarily blinded anyone looking at it.

All over Greece, elderly people collapsed, several dying of apparent heart attacks, and others from a sudden lack of brain function. Sickly and weak people also collapsed from the strain of their suddenly weakened bodies. Later, the death count would be in the hundreds, but the media would be unable to explain the bout of mysterious simultaneous deaths.

For several seconds the spectacle continued, until it finally died down, revealing a figure kneeling in the center of the ruined circle. He clutched his head with immaculate hands, and wept.

A clack of wood upon the stone floor caused the newly summoned Hero to look up. He saw a suited man standing next to the circle, a simple cane in his left hand and a pair of spectacles in his other. The man placed his glasses in a hidden pocket, and ran a hand through his black but greying hair.

“Get on with it.” The man said.

The Hero growled involuntarily, and stood, his body moving jerkily as if it had never been used before. The Hero straightened up to an unimposing height and found himself staring into the eyes of the suited man.

The Hero opened his mouth, and spoke. “I have come in accordance with your summoning,” He half sobbed. Even when fraught with unexplainable despair, his voice was beautiful and young. The Hero could’ve easily been a singer. “I ask of you. Are you my Master?”

“Of course.” The suited man snapped. He then turned and switched on the lights.

The office came into light. It was a surprisingly modern place despite the ancient ritual that had taken place inside, with clean and crisp curtains, energy efficient light bulbs, and little furniture. The steel desk had a laptop, but no paper. The nearby shelf held a few untouched books, and little else. In short, it was Spartan, built for purpose, not comfort.

“Why?” The Hero sank to his knees once more. “Why have you summoned me?” He sobbed, speaking between cries. “There is no Grail for me to seek! No quest for me to undertake! No enemies for me to do battle with! Why am I here!?”

“Because,” The suited man turned to face the Hero once more. “I need a Servant. Or more accurately, I want a powerful Heroic Spirit bent to my will. Your protection will be required in the future, Hero of Greece.”

“Greece!?” The Hero shot to his feet. Sandaled feet struck the stone floor, cracking it. A beautiful face was twisted into anger with trails of tears running down its cheeks. Sky blue eyes stared at the suited man’s own black ones. “You think me a Greek!?”

“You can be nothing else,” The suited man said. He took one step back and adjusted his tie. “Perhaps the lack of a proper Grail didn’t give you a proper summary of your situation. You have been summoned in the heart of Greece, thus you yourself must be Greek.”

“I am Paris of Troy!” The Hero bellowed. “I fought the Greeks! I battled for my country and my beloved!”

The air shook. In his full majesty, the Hero shook the air simply from his presence. His polished armour was immaculate, without a single stain or wound. His curly blond hair and sky blue eyes complemented his boyish looks. Although small in stature, muscles like steel chords were visible in his naked arms and legs. He was the epitome of a hero from the twilight of the Age of Gods.

“And now you fight for me,” The suited man said, completely calm even as the being before him trembled with rage. The suited man raised his right hand, and the sleeve of his suit fell back, revealing three marks in the shape of an ornate bow on the back of his wrist.

“Paris, obey any order I give you.” The man spoke, and two of the marks vanished, leaving only a lone bowstring on his flesh. “Your first order is to proclaim that I am your undisputed Master.”

“Grk-!” Paris choked, and fell to his knees once more. The power of the command spells assaulted his body and mind, forcing him to obey his Master’s orders. Normally, such an order would have no effect due to its spread out nature, but his Master must have been powerful indeed to subvert the Command Spell’s design flaw.

Slowly, Paris raised his head. His beautiful face was contorted in a pained expression, and he slowly choked out a sentence. “You... are... my... Master.” He gasped.

“Good.” The man nodded, finally allowing some emotion to show on his face as he grinned. “Your next order: you are never to harm me, directly or indirectly. Unless given a contradicting order, you may not allow harm to come to me if it is within your power to prevent it.”

Paris clenched his teeth, and slowly nodded. His eyes burned with malice, and he spoke haltingly. “You... you are Greek, aren’t you, Master?”

“Indeed I am.” The man nodded once more. “You yourself are in Athens, in the heart of this country.”

“Then... don’t let your guard down,” Paris growled. “Because as soon as I have my opening, your head is mine. The moment you make a mistake, your life is forfeit.”

“I do not fear you, Hero.” The suited man loosened his tie, and turned away from his kneeling slave. “You evidently haven’t realised the fact of your situation. You are my weapon, nothing more. I will use you, and you have no way to refuse me. You will fight my enemies, and anyone I tell you to.”

“Why?” The kneeling hero asked once more. “There is no Grail War! The information I received upon my summoning confirms this! This body of mine is real, not a Servant Container! There is no reason for me to fight, let alone anyone for me to do battle with!”

“Not yet, perhaps.” The suited man walked to the window and pulled the curtains aside. Natural light streamed into the room, revealing that it was mid day, as well as something else. “Wait but a few seconds.” The suited man said. “It should begin any moment now.”

The city of Athens burned. In the distance, several streams of smoke curled into the sky. To Paris’s ears, the screaming of dying people was painfully audible. The same Greeks he hated were dying in droves as he knelt and wept. Even as he gawked, a small explosion created another source of smoke.

“What is this?” Paris asked.

“Merely the beginning.” The suited man grinned. “This is just a warm up. People are feeling the effects of their prana being drained by the thousands. Those who are not strong enough are paying for it with their very lives. It’ll kill only a few tens of thousands, but that alone is enough to fuel it.”

“Fuel what?” Paris asked. The screams of dying people rang in his ears, and he trembled with the urge to go outside and stop them somehow. Though he burned with hatred for the Greeks that had destroyed his home, he could not take pleasure in their deaths. “Why are these people dying?”

“You don’t know?” The suited man shook his head. “Of course, you never were the smartest, were you?” Paris ground his teeth together, but otherwise didn’t reply. “They are fuelling a mass summoning.” The man explained. “Their prana is being used to summon more Heroes from the Throne. Heroes like you. Your summoning alone probably killed a few hundred people, but this is on a whole different level. Unlike you, these Heroic Spirits will be Masterless, bound only to this World, and thousands will perish to call them forth.”

“This... this is why you summoned me, isn’t it?” Paris said, horrified. “You want me to battle these other Heroes, don’t you?”

“Of course.” The man said his voice as smooth as ever even as people collapsed in the streets. “After all, in a War for the future of the world, a soldier like me will need a weapon if he wishes to fight.”

As the Master and Servant watched, almost a dozen bright lights suddenly shone from different parts of the city, lighting up the night sky. After a few moments the lights faded, and the screaming began anew, several times louder than before.

Chapter 1: Paris 1: End

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Surely the Dead Apostles aren't going to stay silent with all of this stuff going on in the world.
    Yeah, you'll see a bit of their reaction later on. It might not be the one they want, but I hope I'll have made it at least a bit realistic considering their differing personalities and viewpoints. Speaking of that, the Tsukihime crew won't just be doing nothing either (yes they will).

Also, this fic is a bit different from LGS, though you've probably already grasped that. There is no true main character, though there will be a few viewpoint characters that we'll focus on, as well as some one shot 'interlude characters'. Paris is one such main viewpoint character, and the next two chapters will introduce two more main viewpoint characters.

Don't worry, though, they're both Nasuverse characters, not OCs, so you can stop running away as if this thread is tainted!

PS: The premise of this fic was my bro's idea. He came up with most of the plot and characters. I'm just writing it and forcing him to add more canon stuff as needed. So yeah, credit where credit is due. Think of this story as kind of like Axe Cop.

Paris eh? Is he as cowardly as Paris was in the Illiad? I hope not, for his and his Master's sake.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...Paris has quite the Master.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Yeah, you'll see a bit of their reaction later on. It might not be the one they want, but I hope I'll have made it at least a bit realistic considering their differing personalities and viewpoints. Speaking of that, the Tsukihime crew won't just be doing nothing either (yes they will).
    Well, Saber just got ripped out of Avalon, so this seems to be set post-FSN, and thus post-Tsuki. Most likely after Melty, too, so no Nrvnqsr, Roa, TATARI, Dust of Osiris.

Which means you get to play with the few confirmed, unseen DAA and see how you can spin their characters. Don't worry, Broble, I won't be running away from your OC heavy story. Even if it turns into World Grail War I'll stick with ya!

I don't think she should be since that place can't be touched even by the Magics.

Blog Entries
    Kim Jong Il hardly qualifies for being a Heroic Spirit. I don't think logic applies here, Keyne mah boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Kim Jong Il hardly qualifies for being a Heroic Spirit. I don't think logic applies here, Keyne mah boy.
    It should, at least partially. In the place of a random "wut I doin ear?" should at least be a scene when she suddenly feels that she needs to awake because of a strange feeling that she's needed.