Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696101104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2197

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's super easy to fix though. All you need to do is start the first movie with news footage clips/cellphone video of teens getting their powers, and accidentally killing a bunch of people. Then the dangerous, unstable mutant narrative can go full on. Then you can start immediately on the sentinel program and concentration camps, maybe slave state Genosha. And If you're going to reboot, might as well go whole hog and have it be the Original 5. You could even bullshit that the reason we haven't heard anything about it is because it all happened during the 5 years of the Blip, since we know almost nothing that happened then that doesn't revolve around the Avengers directly.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that mutants are operatives of Thanos created to subjugate the weakened Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

iirc quicksilver and scarlet witch were mutants in the comics but got powers from an infinity stone in the mcu so just make it so when everybody was brought back in endgame with the stones it awakened their mutant powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I don't have any intent of making it make sense.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quicksilver and SW have been retconned as not mutants, nor Magneto's children in the comic books too.
    don't quote me on this

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Yeah. The movie had a lot of problems with that. The Spidey-Sense sequence was cool, but it's a little annoying that it took that far into the movie for Peter to actually use it in combat AT ALL when it has been referenced earlier than that.

Also a lot of the tricks that Mysterio pulls off don't make sense once the methods behind them are revealed. Like he clearly causes Spidey to hallucinate and have some mental shit going on despite his powers apparently just being projections. But that's almost expected for these kinds of reveals.
    Yeah, exactly! Or how about the air monster not actually causing air currents, the water monster not making people wet, the fire monster not creating any heat even as it melts (how?!) huge metal structures?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Yeah, exactly! Or how about the air monster not actually causing air currents, the water monster not making people wet, the fire monster not creating any heat even as it melts (how?!) huge metal structures?
    In fairness, there were physical drones hiding inside the projections, they weren't pure illusions. So there's no reason they couldn't burn, soak or create wind-currents when necessary to keep up the "show". Still a bit of a stretch for it to be pulled off so perfectly, but that's just comic-book logic for you.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Mysterio has imo always been very “thats bullshit, but i believe it”. It doesnt bother me, im a mysterio fan and i think they did a great job appealing to me. what does bother me is that stupid peter calls a drone strike on his friend shit. Even for Tony, giving a teen access to killer drones is too much. The whole drone sunglasses plotline, thats a pass from me.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    So after like... a year since it came out? Or two? I finally sat down to watch Far From Home. It was an okay movie, some good bits of info about "The Blip" and how people dealt with the aftereffects of Endgame, but the main villain was far too weak and the entire conflict felt far too contrived. Like, I'm not even talking "Hawkeye could've taken care of the whole thing before breakfast", just Nick Fury not somehow jobbing his ass off and sending a sniper (which, Maria Hill's omnicapability aside, he WAS SPECIFICALLY SHOWN TO HAVE ON HIS TEAM) to cap Beck on the bridge would've shorn the movie's last half hour easily. Not to mention the complete cop-out of Beck managing to both kill himself while trying to kill Spiderman AND SOMEHOW STAGING IT ALL BEFOREHAND.
    Eh, it's Mysterio, if any villain in the MCU can pull the "I only faked my death and it was all part of the keikaku, or at least Keikaku B (Keikaku means Plan)" card, that's him.

Personally I'd kinda like that if they're ever going to do the Sinister Six, since man, otherwise they have a freaking lot of buildup to cover in what, one movie or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Yeah? Why didn't "Ex-Stark Employee. Disgruntled." show up anytime Peter looked at him?
    "Show me the list of disgruntled Ex-Stark Employees."

"Very well."

"... okay, cut it already, too long, we'll do the other half tomorrow."

"Actually, this is only 1/38th of it..."
    Last edited by OverMaster; August 19th, 2020 at 09:14 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That's not how the glasses work, though. They ID anyone they see, except for Bec for no stated reason.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    That's not how the glasses work, though. They ID anyone they see, except for Bec for no stated reason.
    The glasses didn't catch Skrull!Fury either, so there's clearly some way of bypassing them by that logic. Also even if they can ID anyone, it doesn't mean Peter is going to look if he has no reason for doubting someone's identity. He clearly doesn't have those ID blurbs active all the time or else he wouldn't be able to, y'know... see.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fury is understandable since it goes by facial recognition and Skrulls are perfect physical doubles. But it tells Peter that Flash's mom doesn't care about him without any prompt whatsoever, how is that a easier pull than someones job history?

It wouldn't even take any time at all to sort it out. "Hey my glasses say you're Quentin Beck and you used to be a tech at Stark" "Oh is that what the local me did? I'm actually from two realities over. Did you know our Cap was Black?"

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Mysterio has imo always been very “thats bullshit, but i believe it”. It doesnt bother me, im a mysterio fan and i think they did a great job appealing to me. what does bother me is that stupid peter calls a drone strike on his friend shit. Even for Tony, giving a teen access to killer drones is too much. The whole drone sunglasses plotline, thats a pass from me.
    I mean ok, that's fair, but as someone whose only contact with Mysterio was the old Spiderman cartoon I was hoping for a reinvention that would be, well, less cartoonish.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, Wandavision will be premiering in a couple weeks, and it seems it will involve some high octane reality fuckery

seems we may be entering the MCU equivalent of Disassembled/House of M territory
    don't quote me on this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hey, they're bringing Darcy back for that! Neat.

Watched the first 2 eps of Wandavision.

i get what theyre doing, but its not a very entertaining watch. I hope its not gonna be like 10 eps of this with a reveal only at the end. I guess its fun spotting all the weird things, but theyre very unsubtle about them.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've heard the first two get a bit repetitive, but 3 is where shit starts to get going. Might want to give it one more before you drop it. Or at least that's what all the reviews I've seen have said, they got the first 3 episodes, and 3 is what sold them on it.

Yup just watched ep 3 and it got good.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, multiple points of confirmation on that then. Maybe I'll check it out once it's all aired.

Ep5 ended on a wtf, cant wait for this weeks ep.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Marathoned WandaVision, and yep, it got really real. Wanda's powers expanded since the time after Endgame.

They portray her as the cause of everything going wrong with the situation, but the government officials are the ones to be blamed for it. Can't blame Wanda for what she did back there.

Pietro being recasted is something that I both expect and did not expect at the same time. Sure, with her powers she can bring her brother back, but dang it, that recast is something Wanda did not expect, and Agnes is...just there.

She's the only one not being explicitly named on the board along with Dottie, but based on those trailers, man, we will have a wild ride with episodes 6-9.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.