Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Scarlet Witch gives me mixed feelings. Can't disassociate her with House of M.
    House of M's ending pissed me off so much. I grew up with Wanda being awesome and an Avenger with a really neat love triangle with her, the Vision and Wonder Man. Then to have Bendis rape her character made me hate Bendis forever.

Also, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was freaking fantastic. Just . . . Yes.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...Look you can hate Bendis for his avengers stuff, it is bad I agree.

But his work on Ultimate Spider-man is awesome so don't hate the man too much. He has my respect for creating Miles Morales.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    ...Look you can hate Bendis for his avengers stuff, it is bad I agree.
    I'll never forgive him for raping one of the most awesome female characters in the Marvel universe.

But his work on Ultimate Spider-man is awesome so don't hate the man too much. He has my respect for creating Miles Morales.
    I prefered the Ultimates to Ultimate Spider-Man.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    What confirms the Doctor Strange movie happening?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Villains namedrop Strange as being a threat to them. It's not really a confirmation of a movie, but definitely setup for if/when they do decide to do one.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    spoilers

DAMN IT! Sitwell, I trusted you!

At least it explains Agents of Shield better. Also, talk about an interesting setup for Avengers 2.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I'll never forgive him for raping one of the most awesome female characters in the Marvel universe.
    I didn't really have that problem, because while I knew she was an Avenger I always associated her more closely with Magneto and the Brotherhood, so my response to that arc, the first Avengers comic I'd read, was "Oh right, Scarlet Witch is an Avenger, not a terrorist. Oh look, she killed her friends.".
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Yay! Strange reference is awesome. I can't wait to see him in action. It's taking so long. I guess that's what happens when your favorite superhero is slightly less well-known.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Yay! Strange reference is awesome. I can't wait to see him in action. It's taking so long. I guess that's what happens when your favorite superhero is slightly less well-known.
    Iron Fist is getting his own miniseries, and so is Jessica Jones, so I'm set. Unless they mess it up, but how hard can it be? Iron Fist needs to be done like Kill Bill, and Jessica Jones needs to be detective noir (Unless they go with the reporter angle, which is a good placeholder for a reporter-superhero while Sony owns Spiderman, but still not my favourite rendition of the character).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    It was good - well, aside from the coincidences and fact that it was obvious who the evil mastermind was. Still, it was nice to see the Robert Redford of Three Days of the Condor now working for the "other side", it had a kind of... "symbolism"?

Dat Stephen Strange namedrop. It did feel odd (to me), but still, I'm definitely intigued.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    Just watched The Winter Soldier and I loved it, I think it was about as good as The First Avenger,
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    Cap and Widow had some good chemistry here, and of course, Falcon is a bro. But the climax, as always with these movies, is just incredible.
    This pretty much sums up my opinions.

Now I wonder what will happen to the tv series.
    Yeah - it does explain a few things though, doesn't it?

Oh yeah and the Strange movie is basically happening so there's that.
    We'll see - he's always been a tricky character to do well, I've found. Though "Guardians of the Galaxy" and its "Infinity Stones" might provide an interesting springboard, if you think about it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    I feel your pain - I loved the "Nightstalkers," and Hannibal King in particular - and I got Ryan Reynolds. Still waiting on X-23 and the Black Cat, for Marvel's stuff - and Nightwing and Batgirl, on the DC side.

. . . And yet they're doing "Guardians of the Galaxy," and plan to do an "Ant-Man" film in Phase 3. Yes, I know he's a founding Avenger - but he's pretty much the most unnecessary character going. Especially when the Black Panther is a Phase 3 add-on, as well. Even leaving aside the fact that he has the world's most useless super powers, how many scientific geniuses does one team need?
    Last edited by Kieran; April 6th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . And yet they're doing "Guardians of the Galaxy," and plan to do an "Ant-Man" film in Phase 3. Yes, I know he's a founding Avenger - but he's pretty much the most unnecessary character going. Especially when the Black Panther is a Phase 3 add-on, as well. Even leaving aside the fact that he has the world's most useless super powers, how many scientific geniuses does one team need?
    I think the Ant-Man movie is about Scott Lang, not wife beater extraordinaire Hank Pym. It'll have more of a comedic bent to it, but I have hope considering who's directing it.

Also, personally, I thought "The Winter Soldier" was the best Marvel movie after "The Avengers". I'm pretty sure I liked it more than the first Iron Man, and it was better than the first Cap movie. I also liked that they went with a darker story line.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hank is never going to live that one down isn't he? Hahaha, poor dude.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    I never liked Pym honestly. He was too insecure and not awesome.

One of my favorite scenes in the Ultimates was when Cap heard of his wife beating shenanigans, told him to "get big" and then proceeded to beat the shit out of him.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the Ant-Man movie is about Scott Lang, not wife beater extraordinaire Hank Pym. It'll have more of a comedic bent to it, but I have hope considering who's directing it.
    We'll see, I guess. Sometimes, re-tooling characters for comedy doesn't work (Green Lantern), but we'll see. If it isn't Pym, I'll feel better - though how they'll explain that sounds like a headache.

Also, personally, I thought "The Winter Soldier" was the best Marvel movie after "The Avengers". I'm pretty sure I liked it more than the first Iron Man, and it was better than the first Cap movie. I also liked that they went with a darker story line.
    Yeah - and without making it too corny (much like the first Cap movie). Iron Man and Thor have a certain element of ridiculousness built in, Cap not so much - and I'm really impressed by Mister Evans' ability to play him straight, and believably, without coming off as wooden or cliché.

No, no he's not.

I never liked Pym honestly. He was too insecure and not awesome.

One of my favorite scenes in the Ultimates was when Cap heard of his wife beating shenanigans, told him to "get big" and then proceeded to beat the shit out of him.
    As screwed-up as I generally find the Ultimate Marvelverse (cannibal Hulk? Really?), I have to agree.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We'll see, I guess. Sometimes, re-tooling characters for comedy doesn't work (Green Lantern), but we'll see. If it isn't Pym, I'll feel better - though how they'll explain that sounds like a headache.
    What I've heard is that Pym is going to be the inventor and mentor figure while Lang will be the main protagonist, Probably going over his origin as a theif who steals the tech to help his dying daughter. I doubt they'll go too far into the humour though, if they did they'd probably just be better off using the O'Grady version.

As screwed-up as I generally find the Ultimate Marvelverse (cannibal Hulk? Really?), I have to agree.
    Everyone in Ultimate Marvel (barring Spiderman and a few others) are messed up. Cap's stuck in the 40's, Iron Man has all his bad qualities and none of his good, Thor's a hippie, Doom is a whiny teenager, Richards is a super villain, Pietro and Wanda are incestuous, the X-Men have become the Brotherhood, and Spiderman got beaten to death on his front lawn.
    Last edited by Mattias; April 6th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    . . . You know Scott Lang in the comics always had more a comedic bent right?

Yeah - and without making it too corny (much like the first Cap movie). Iron Man and Thor have a certain element of ridiculousness built in, Cap not so much - and I'm really impressed by Mister Evans' ability to play him straight, and believably, without coming off as wooden or cliché.
    I am too honestly. I was sort of leery when it was announced he was going to play Cap, but he's done a wonderful job.

Well, the reason with "cannibal Hulk" was that they wanted to make the Hulk this true, mindless monster. So he'd be cut down to his most basic instincts. Honestly, Ultimates vol 1 is almost comic perfection for me.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Winter Soldier was superb. I feel perfectly comfortable saying it was a 10/10 movie. I deftly handled its spy-thriller, the twists were well done in their foreshadowing and reveals, and the dialogue was brisk. It washed out the 'meh' aftertaste of Iron Man 3 from my mouth, so bonus points for that. Age of Ultron cannot come soon enough.

inb4 Agents of SHIELD is cancelled. Not because of anything on the station's or the viewer's parts, but because the Cap Pack busted the conspiracy wide open.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Also, confirmed that Steve is still a virgin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Everyone in Ultimate Marvel (barring Spiderman and a few others) are messed up. Cap's stuck in the 40's, Iron Man has all his bad qualities and none of his good, Thor's a hippie, Doom is a whiny teenager, Richards is a super villain, Pietro and Wanda are incestuous, the X-Men have become the Brotherhood, and Spiderman got beaten to death on his front lawn.
    Actually Ultimate universe is better now.

Spoiler:
    Thor got thrown to a black hole with Galactus and Cap is dead! (I think Wanda and Pietro died somewhere down the line) The new Ultimates is a bunch of kids led by Miles and the adults (including DOOM!?) are in the Fantastic Four/Future Foundation. RICHARDS now is not that evil.

For a definition of better of course.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw