Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst ... 47891011141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    TV/DVD Remotes, the internet, and iPods.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mel Brooks and Monty Python
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    . . . And just out of curiosity, has anyone else since the newest "Days of Future Past" trailer? Completely different vibe - but I like it.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . And just out of curiosity, has anyone else since the newest "Days of Future Past" trailer? Completely different vibe - but I like it.
    I'm paying more attention to the accusations against the Director than I am the movie.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I liked the ice-surfing Iceman part ;P - and, I liked it more than the others. I might go out and see it.

Until solid proof comes out, I'll give Singer the benefit of a doubt.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    TV/DVD Remotes, the internet, and iPods.
    Suggestion #2 doesn't count - Cap already thinks the 'net's the bees knees.

The others are definitely novelties that he's sure to find useful. If that wasn't his own MP3 player at the end then he's probably going to get one sometime whenever. Although that won't likely happen anytime soon if it hasn't already, what with Hydra and all.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    ...Huh. In Russian release, the Cap's list is in English.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    It would have been actually worse to be in Russian.

Who wants to imagine what would have been on Cap's list if it was in Russian?

Meet that swell guy Putin
    Live in Russia for a year or two
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Blog Entries
    Don't forget:

Join the Russian forces
    Don a red suit and star

...... huh, given current world events, would making a Cap vs Red Guardian movie (or Avengers vs Counterparts) be feasible now?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    I'm paying more attention to the accusations against the Director than I am the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    Until solid proof comes out, I'll give Singer the benefit of a doubt.
    I'm vaguely aware of those, but mainly focused on the fact that the two good X-Men movies (that weren't "The Wolverine") were directed by him, so I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiren View Post
    I liked the ice-surfing Iceman part ;P - and, I liked it more than the others. I might go out and see it.
    Yeah - it's about time he got to do that, isn't it?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    So, I watched Amazing Spiderman 2.

And what do you know?

I genuinely liked it.

Spoiler:
    This Spidey really feels like a real Peter Parker would-could be, Jamie Foxx steals the show, Gwen is adorable and I actually felt soemthing when Peter watches her graduation video, and Aunt May being jealous...

However, it doesn't mean it had its flaws:

How did Richard manage to prepare that secret laboratory? And didn't he realize that making his son the key to the formula would mean condemning Peter to be kidnapped and experimented upon in the case Osborn would find out? And why - or better how using his DNA should "seal" the formula? Can't they just retro-engineer it?

The way Max Dillon gains his power is a bit silly... electricity+GMO eels=... electric powerhouse? Ok, fine, Peter transformatin made a bit more sense than just "it happened by association" but... you can now turn into pure energy? What? (also, a afroamerican with lightning powers. Mh, that's something I've never seen before...)

Spiderman keeps getting thunderstruck by electric discharges that could blow up things, and yet doesn't die. He also has allucinations.

Dr. Kafka is a human suit of stereotypes... but I guess it didn't disturb me too much.

Wait, so the "Sinister Six" plan consists of attacking Spiderman one at the time? Not to mention that Spidey has an history of learnign from previous encounters and develop counter-strategies?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Reply to Sherrin here.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    How did Richard manage to prepare that secret laboratory? And didn't he realize that making his son the key to the formula would mean condemning Peter to be kidnapped and experimented upon in the case Osborn would find out? And why - or better how using his DNA should "seal" the formula? Can't they just retro-engineer it?
    Lab was there, that's where he worked before so it was prepped before, most likely for the more...non-ethical stuff. Nobody knew what the key to the formula was, the only thing that hinted at it was the video that only few could know about. Also DNA is complicated and comic book science.

The way Max Dillon gains his power is a bit silly... electricity+GMO eels=... electric powerhouse? Ok, fine, Peter transformatin made a bit more sense than just "it happened by association" but... you can now turn into pure energy? What? (also, a afroamerican with lightning powers. Mh, that's something I've never seen before...)
    Look it's still a better origin story than The Flash. (It was probably a case of unintended shout out. Diversity is the "in" things these days.)

Spiderman keeps getting thunderstruck by electric discharges that could blow up things, and yet doesn't die. He also has allucinations.
    Guilt makes a number on you. Something, Something strength of proportional spider something something (It's an action movie you should really just let that one go.)

Wait, so the "Sinister Six" plan consists of attacking Spiderman one at the time? Not to mention that Spidey has an history of learnign from previous encounters and develop counter-strategies?
    Last part is basically a preview for the next movie. Spidey always is defeated by the six even if he has fought them alone before.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Lab was there, that's where he worked before so it was prepped before, most likely for the more...non-ethical stuff. Nobody knew what the key to the formula was, the only thing that hinted at it was the video that only few could know about. Also DNA is complicated and comic book science.
    It's how could you build something liek that in the first place without a serious sponsor behind that puzzles me. But if the lab was built by Osborn, why didn't they check it?
    Still, I don't think it would be hard to work around the formula.

Look it's still a better origin story than The Flash. (It was probably a case of unintended shout out. Diversity is the "in" things these days.)
    That's what you think. Spiderman gets his powers from GMO radioactive spiders designed to pass on certain genetic skills, I can believe that. He however doesn't get the ability to turn into a mass of living spiders sharing his consciousness. Electro gets zapped and bitten by GMO eels and now he's living energy?
    Not sure why you brought up Flash, however consider that Flash wasn't just struck by lightning, he was also doused with chemicals. He becomes really fast (as an assonance with lightning) but he doesn't turn into "living speed" or some bullshit like that (at least, not until later on, when the writers went craz with his abilites, but that's something that happens to every comic book character). Also, IIRC, the lightning that it him turned out to be Flash himself travelling back in time. Plus, his powers are explained through the access to the speed force. Overall, while Flash's origin are far from the most realistic ones, they are reasoned with better than Electro's, IMHO.

Guilt makes a number on you.
    It's the vividness, and the happening in the worst possible moment that makes it silly.

Something, Something strength of proportional spider something something (It's an action movie you should really just let that one go.)
    The proportionate strength of a spider lets you survive a bolt that powers up an entire factory?

There's "the bad guys shooting can't seem to hit the action movie hero" and there's "the action movie hero just escaped by falling off a 50-story building, and when he hits the ground he gets back up only mildly concerned".

Last part is basically a preview for the next movie.
    And it still sounds stupid in context. If they wanted to run a test, why going after the intended target?

Spidey always is defeated by the six even if he has fought them alone before.
    And Movie!Osborn knows what has gone on in Comicbook!Spiderman how...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Spoiler:

That's what you think. Spiderman gets his powers from GMO radioactive spiders designed to pass on certain genetic skills, I can believe that. He however doesn't get the ability to turn into a mass of living spiders sharing his consciousness. Electro gets zapped and bitten by GMO eels and now he's living energy?
    Didn't that actually happen in the comics? During "The Other"? So it could still happen in the movies. Maybe. Possibly. There's a slim chance. Perhaps if Sony decides "Fuck it, if we can't make money off of this anymore, we're going to ruin it for everyone!".

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Didn't that actually happen in the comics? During "The Other"? So it could still happen in the movies. Maybe. Possibly. There's a slim chance. Perhaps if Sony decides "Fuck it, if we can't make money off of this anymore, we're going to ruin it for everyone!".
    This guy is minor spiderman villain who basically functions as that multispider swarm more effectively than peter in the other.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    This guy
    Yeah, I was kinda referencing him.

Blog Entries
    There's also http://marvel.wikia.com/Ero_(Earth-616) "Miss Arrow".
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    There's also http://marvel.wikia.com/Ero_(Earth-616) "Miss Arrow".
    That's who I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    This guy is minor spiderman villain who basically functions as that multispider swarm more effectively than peter in the other.
    And THAT will haunt my dreams. Thanks.