Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898103106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2197

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    They really wanted to pull the whole antihero arc on her and missed the mark on the tone. It's like they tried to push the Punisher through Thor Ragnarok lens, or Nathan Drake in general.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Just watched Eternals. Was okayish, they really wanted the arthouse vibe but the overall message was confused. Human good but birth good but exchange but natural order dunhnhn???????- Eternals. The diversity was handled very well, I'll give them props for that. The visual effects were also pretty good, they managed to carve their own niche in terms of visual identity. They managed to decently establish around 10 characters, some better than others, though nobody was that great, they at least existed. So it's already better than Justice League. Overall, a 7 out of 10ish.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Far From Home

Spider-Man 8 is okay.

I did go crazy over every Tobey Maguire scene and I'm glad Doc Ock got his redemption but the movie just moves way too fast for me to really care about anything involving Holland. It only stops to breathe during the awkward silence jokes which happen like... 58 times or something? Fuck I hope we get a new director for the new trilogy.

Mostly I'm just happy Tom Holland finally feels like Spider-Man. It took 3 movies and some crossover but they finally made him Peter Parker.

Also the blue suit is looking gooooood

Blog Entries
    newspidey
    honest to god, I don't get it when people keep saying "oh he's finally peter parker oh my god he's finally spider man" like come on man, yeah there was the whole tony stark descendant thing but he was very much spiderman before, just because his relative finally died doesn't mean he's suddenly the one we all know and love. other than that, the movie was okay. had to watch it dubbed, which no doubt made the experience worse, as did everyone else in the movie shouting like apes whenever nostalgia bait happened. the jokes weren't that good and that's not too much of a problem, but when the whole theather laughed at the shittiest ones, it also made the experience worse. overall the plot felt pretty natural, what with the whole doctor strange ring, the nanosuit becoming part of dock cok's arms and whatnot, and some of the elements like electro getting an ark reactor were not only neat but well thought out. however, too many of the interactions felt forced. though the meta jokes were pulled of in such a tongue and cheek way that I eventually broke down. especially the "you're amazing" and "cool, avengers, nice. the hell's that?" moments. 6.5/10 if I had to put a score on it. rode too much on the multiverse thing. also felt kind of cheap how green goblin was also the formative villain for another spiderman, though it's nice that the dimension crossover wasn't superfluous.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    He really wasn't Spider-Man before. Not enough Spider-Man at least.
    Villains were connected to Tony instead of his personal life and he spends way too much time trying to live up to this other hero who's not even that inspiring. No struggle with his identity because anyone he likes just finds out.

Now he has the sense of loss, the guiding philosophy and the triumph over his darker inclinations. Not to mention the struggle to make a living and him being OUT OF SCHOOL, those are appreciated too.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    complaining about him being in or out of school is just personal preference. Spidey always, and I mean *always* starts out as a high school dipshit. Not only that, the vulture was a victim of the avengers, not just Tony. Not only that, but far from home was specifically about the loss of his mentor, cut it some slack, especially mysterio.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Sure high-school is how he starts, I only complain that his start lasted three whole movies. Like I said, I'm glad we're done now.
    And it's less about the technicalities of their relationships and more about how they affect Peter's personal life.
    His life in the MCU is just too easy. The struggle to make his regular life work at all is a huge part of the character and worrying about missing prom or the school trip is simple not a good enough substitute.

Even putting that aside, nothing compares to the lack of "with great power comes great responsibility". It's who he is. You can't have Spider-Man without it.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    yeah, but there's a reason it was introduced like 5 movies in, same as his origin story: everybody, or at least myself and a bunch of people, were fucking tired of being introduced to spiderman. I like the interpretation they went with, nor do I think that the struggle between the two lifes has to be this insane burden- sacrificing moments such as a school trip or prom is a big enough emotional sacrifice for a teenager. And this isn't forgetting the time he went to space. Plus, if homecoming had yet another "with great power comes great responsibility" moment I would've shat my pants and thrown it at the screen. And this isn't forgetting the fact that the idea was introduced all the way back in civil war, with different words: "when people like them get hurt and people like me, who can help, don't, that's when bad things happen"- and it's the perfect way to introduce it, it's not a mentor figure telling him that, it's the jumbled mess a teenager would figure out.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, none of that was enough for me.
    Let's agree to disagree, because we're about to go in circles here lol

Blog Entries
    Fair enough.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    No Way Home
    Clever title.

They did it. They finally did a Spidey movie with 1928792 million characters and made it work. It moves a bit too fast but nothing that breaks the throughline of the movie, and that's fine.
    Certainly feels the most distinct of the three MCU Spidey movies. It started feeling like a MCU movie but ended feeling like a Spidey movie of old.

Favorite scene is on the rooftop, where Tobey and Andrew talk about their losses to Holland. Andrew's in particular felt really earned, perhaps because losing Gwen was the latest we saw of him. It's good that this movie managed to make genuine supporting characters out of them instead of just giving them a glorified cameo, despite their relatively late appearance.

And pretty much every joke worked for me. I think my favorite is when Ned tells Tom he won't betray him and then Andrew pats him on the back.

Good movie, Tom finally feels like a familiar Spider-Man. No, not because he lost a loved one, or because his life was "too easy", or even because of his connection to Iron Man. But because finally they let his movie be his movie, instead of flashing neon signs and blasting the speakers with "HEY IT'S SPIDEY IN THE MCU!! LOOK AT ALL THIS MCU STUFF SPIDEY IS INTERACTING WITH!!". This is simply a Spider-Man movie set in the MCU, and that's enough and it clearly worked.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    that's a much fairer and agreeable way to put it. And yeah, when you point it out like that, I can *somewhat* agree.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    NWH

Spoiler:
    Credit where it's due, it takes major balls to use 6 movies for Spiderman's origin story, and still negotiating the contract for the next set of movies.

It's kinda a pity Lizard was there just to pad numbers. Both he and Sandman are just there, although Sandman gets a cookie for being post-final fight Sandman.

I liked second Goblin fight in cinema, but rewatching it afterwards...could have less cuts. Such a powerful scene, ruined by Hollywood being Hollywood.

Andrew's save was great, totally makes up for chaotic first half an hour (not that I minded it).

On one hand, it was exactly what I expected it to be, on the other, my expectation were exceeded. Need to rewatch in English, though, the dub made me miss some jokes.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bingeing Hawkeye tonight
    Up to episode 5

I'm at episode 5 right now and just to make some calls. Glad that second villain actually was Yelana. Also glad Echo is showing up with all the Ronin stuff going on. Anyways biggest call is that Kate's Mom is actually the Track Suit boss. Step dad is too obvious, I'm guessing she's using him as a patsy, and that's why the guys attacked an auction that Jack actually was attending and held a gun to him.

Edit:
    End thoughts

Holy shit, Vincent D'Onofiro. Bye Vincent D'Onofrio. Then again, guy tanked a few arrows, what's a bullet?

Hey, It's Mockingbird. Nice to see those two had a happy ending. Expected the Sheild agent stuff, but not her. Guess this throws out all of Agents, huh?

I enjoy the fact that there's enough christmas music around that they can use one for basically any establishing scene to convey whatever mood they want and it works. Sad? Got it. Trepidatious? Sure. Villain Theme? Grinch that shit up.

'We survived the 80's we'll get through this.' 'We'll blame you then, but your good form now.' Magical. Really appreciated the end musical.

Aside from the cringe I felt during episode 2, the rest was a nice solid story that didn't devolve into a CGI nightmare at the end.
    Right now I'd probably rank the minseries Wanda>Loki=Hawkeye>Falcon.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 29th, 2021 at 03:50 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    No way home
    Spoiler:
    was way better than it shouldve been. A little chaotic, a little silly, but it kicked ass nonetheless.

andrews spidey had some really good moments, it almost redeems his movies being sucky.

Watched Eternals. I loved the general aesthetic, a little less the characterization, I REALLY liked that it was a movie with no traditional "generic MCU origin movie bad guy".
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So...D23 was a thing. Mostly uninterested but...

Having a literal game of Werewolf in the upcoming "Werewolf by Night" movie is an obvious but fun choice. Going for the old Universal Horror look felt like such a slap to Universal's Dark Universe flop face and I loved it. The news that SPOILERMan-Thing will also be making an appearance has me intrigued as to how that would play out.

So yeah, I'm genuinely interested in seeing what the underrated horror side of Marvel could bring to the MCU if they treat it with the respect that it deserves.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But will it be full black and white, or is that just trailer style?

Personally the Secret Invasion one piques my interest more as a Nick Fury stand alone.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But will it be full black and white, or is that just trailer style?
    Apparently from what I've heard, that's just a trailer thing but don't quote me on that.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That makes sense to me because the black and white looks... Wrong?
    It being a filter explains it.