Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: World History Discussion

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

World History Discussion

In which we discuss the memory, discovery, collection, organization, presentation, and interpretation of events that transpired prior to the present.

There was a previous thread that kinda tackled history but it was bundled together with mythology and old literature so I figured there might be a demand in the market for a pure history thread. From the rise and fall of ancient empires to why 'Nam was a bad idea. Go nuts you armchair historians and talk about your love of dead people...wait a sec, that came out wrong.

P.S You can thank me later Koga.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I wanna make a phallic joke but I'm struggling to connect it to the matter at hand.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats unexpected but thank you !

okay so now what i wanted to discuss which of the Roman Emporers is or are your favorites ? i mean either in personlity , deeds etc .

and i little Question to let the thought play if you could in which time of the Roman Empire would you like to travel and which places or people would you like to see respectively meet and talk ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I wanna make a phallic joke but I'm struggling to connect it to the matter at hand.
    You could say making that connection is... hard.
    Har har gottem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    You could say making that connection is... hard.
    Har har gottem.
    Plz sirs, we are the most serious of historians. We do not resort to such infantile humour whilst we examine the boners...er, I mean bones of the long deceased.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    okay so now what i wanted to discuss which of the Roman Emporers is or are your favorites ? i mean either in personlity , deeds etc .

and i little Question to let the thought play if you could in which time of the Roman Empire would you like to travel and which places or people would you like to see respectively meet and talk ?
    Okay, finally a proper question about history. For the first question, my favourite would have to be Flavius Claudius Constantinus, or to use his other name - Constantine III. As cool as the Principate is, I find the Dominate to be full of equally colourful characters and few more interesting than him.

As for the second question, I am going to cheat and go back further than the Empire and instead say I'd like to see the days of the Roman Republic during the Second Punic War and afterwards. The idea of seeing both Hannibal and Scipio, two of the best military strategists together in a room discussing who they think the best general of all time was would be mind blowing.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The French revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
    Spoiler:

My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, tbh.

Monarchy was shitty, but the whole Reign of Terror thing afterwards ain't so cool either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Plz sirs, we are the most serious of historians. We do not resort to such infantile humour whilst we examine the boners...er, I mean bones of the long deceased.

Okay, finally a proper question about history. For the first question, my favourite would have to be Flavius Claudius Constantinus, or to use his other name - Constantine III. As cool as the Principate is, I find the Dominate to be full of equally colourful characters and few more interesting than him.

As for the second question, I am going to cheat and go back further than the Empire and instead say I'd like to see the days of the Roman Republic during the Second Punic War and afterwards. The idea of seeing both Hannibal and Scipio, two of the best military strategists together in a room discussing who they think the best general of all time was would be mind blowing.
    Intersting i would have several persons and Places respectiv times which i want to see or meet or times to spectate.

• The time shortly of the Fight of Augustus vs Mark Anthon to spectate the last years of the Republic a time where several highly intersting people were active like Cicero the King of Orators or Rhetoric , to see if Cleopatra was the oriental beauty shee was fabled to be to talk with Augustus about the ancient rites of the Romans .Also would i like to talk with Vergil ,Agrippa etc as at that time werer really bunches of inttersting people with servant potencial.
    • Trajan :THe Apex Caesar which brought Rome to its territorial greatet extent with Dacia and parts of Armeia aswell Mesopothamia dep into the Territory of Persia id like to talk with him about the place and people he encounterd also about the Animals like at that point in Anatolia(modern turkey territory) still Lions and Tigers lived * also would i like to request him that he would collect priests of several Regions of the Empire so that i would like to writhe their customs , religious rites ,legends and mythologies down ,or atleast that he would give me a safe conduct document so that i can freely travel withhin .
    • The time when Diocletian is etablishin g the polyarchy to stabilize the Empire aswell to talk with him after he retied as he is the Sole known Emporer that to live time retired from his postion. then liked to care and tend his garden where i like to exchange some plant knowledge and wanted to ask him about his experiennces as Ruler and his thought in the afterwards like what he hinks of the reactions of his decisions .
    • The Time where Julian were on the hight of his power before his campaign against Persia , he simply fascinate me as he is the prominentest example of convert to paganism aswell did he let himself initiate in artleast four mysticism cults would i like to hear his reasons ,his reasoning aswell his worldviews as he was after or rather is of similar Philosopher king streak like Mark Aurel , also would i like to in lostbelt similar fashion help him to succed just to see how and in which way the world history would be different.

Also

I would like to visit the World wonder of the ancient world like the Collos of Rhodes or the Phars of Alexandria . the old Temples as still some live where in time bfore they became Ruins , the nature of the mediteran region before the Human over hunted several Animals .

* indeed were until 1896 where the last Lion of turkey respectively 100 years after that the last official tiger killed of Turkey .

Aside that would i like to show this video about the historic map of europe \/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I feel like it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, tbh.

Monarchy was shitty, but the whole Reign of Terror thing afterwards ain't so cool either.
    Well that was partially the result that the french monarchs did not had the leadership skill nd grasp of the world of the subjects .

similar werer the Romanovs delusioned about the lives of their sujects as they simply not cheked their miserable situation which were the reason in that the started to revolt with underground help of preußen .

Blog Entries
    Rome is kinda soy and reddit.
    The period during the rule of Henry VIII, Francis I, Charles V and Suleiman the Magnificent is probably the coolest time to live in Europe tbh.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    The French revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
    Depends on whether you consider the Palingenesis and the consequence ripple that led to WW1 a consequence of the Revolution or a reaction to it. You can tie pretty much any two events in history this way if you go deep enough.

The 19th and 20th century would certainly have been a lot different without the American Revolution, though. Among other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    The period during the rule of Henry VIII, Francis I, Charles V and Suleiman the Magnificent is probably the coolest time to live in Europe tbh.
    No Byzantine Empire, no sale. I'd definitely like to see the Renaissance up close.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Rome a lot. Enough to make and eat their food.

I'm not going to post much if at all in this thread though, because I'm an actual historian and would make it 100% unfun for everyone.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I'm not going to post much if at all in this thread though, because I'm an actual historian and would make it 100% unfun for everyone.
    Aww c'mon. Don't be a Ben Stein, I'm sure you can find a way to talk about history that doesn't put people to sleep.

Blog Entries
    It's more that these kinds of threads always engender history arguments and bickering but in a pub bantering kind of way. One person adding cited sources and historiography into the mix ruins the atmosphere and the back-and-forth of it.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Is this the thread where we discuss hypothetical fighting matchups between historical figures of different eras?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Is this the thread where we discuss hypothetical fighting matchups between historical figures of different eras?
    What like whether Alexander the Great could beat Napoleon in a boxing match?

Regardless, give it a try and see if anyone is interested in discussing. We aren't exactly drowning in thread posting traffic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Some kind of, general dialogue...

Blog Entries
    Five_X, are rome and WWI-II as much of a soy redditor subject in actual history academic society as reddit? Also, why did the fixation even begin? Lastly, what about the greeks?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Well okay everyone has their own tastes i would like to see the time of ancient civilisation where the world were majorily intact and where the Humen lived in accordance with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I like Rome a lot. Enough to make and eat their food.

Thats cool honestly . then i am curious which Roman Rulers are after your oppinion the best ?

Blog Entries
    soy redditor subject
    What does this even mean, can you translate these terms into English?

Blog Entries
    Basically- every fucking kid that watches too much oversimplified and thinks they're hot shit and then goes posting on reddit about how much hot shit they think they are as a result of their dwindling attention span and lack of interpretative skills seems to go on and on about rome and world war 1 and 2. Does this happen in academia as well?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler: