Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortissimo EXS // Trigger: Verzweiflung (IC thread)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Akio
    Nakamura Residence

Quote Originally Posted by Mana
    "... I don't know how much this is going to last."
    "...I see."

Hands going through the practiced motions of preparing dinner, I listened to Mana's words with a sympathetic ear, the otherwise still and silent house seeming odd around this time of night. I wasn't sure where my sister was, knowing her, she could be off stopping some random mugging on the other side of the island, and Rei, well, no one had gone on a date with Nanako before today, so perhaps she was the type that liked to spend the entire day together.

And Raku...

...Was probably still mad at me.

Damn it.

"Well, if your house is that messed up, I can't let you go back there with a good conscience," dicing potatoes now, I talked without really thinking about the consequences, "It gets pretty cold at night, so I guess you can stay here for a bit if you want." Turning on the sink, I ran the now skinless potatoes beneath the cold water, "I'm pretty sure my brother and sister won't mind, after all, with that weird phenomena happening on this island, it's probably best to gather as many known magi as possible..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Reynard Everheart
    Milky Way

Rei hadn't minded the questions that Nanako had been asking before. But...

Asking him why he would want to find Chisato's killer...

Asking him what "they" were fighting against...

Even asking him what his magical weapon was...

A part of him didn't want to just spell it out for her. Maybe it was because he shouldn't have to explain why he would want to know who killed Chisato, especially when he intended trying to work with them. Maybe it was because he didn't want to create a bias for her about this scenario, in case she figured out something he hadn't seen yet. Maybe it was because someone could be eavesdropping if they spoke about their weapons, leaving them at a disadvantage.

...and maybe, just maybe, part of him didn't like being mocked by Nanako. It was petty, but he couldn't help but tease her back.

"A little fox like yourself should be able to figure those things out for yourself," Rei said with a smirk. "I've told you enough to survive for now. It's better to avoid confrontation in that other world, and if you need protection you can find me. Or Akio, if I happen to be... not around.

"At the moment, though," Rei said, bundling up his jacket around his arm. "If you really want to know more, I'll have to ask you to commit. I know not everybody can, not immediately - but that goes both ways, you know."

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Yamada Hayate’s Base – Evening

Kanko let himself fall into the chair and ran a hand through his hair. An alliance…

It wasn’t like he was a stranger to people forming groups like these, but they hardly ended well. In this situation, there was too much potential for betrayal. Could he even trust Hitomi about this? She was dangerous; she had knowledge that he assumed that only a select few had, and it was easy to understand that she could have a lot to gain from gathering everyone together.

Like shooting fish in a barrel – even more so with her demonstrated firearm skills.

It could be a trap – hell, it probably was a trap. But if Hitomi had something to gain from this, then so did Kanko. If there was anything he could do…

The coin was a heavy weight in his pocket – maybe that could even end it all before it began, if Mihou could be trusted.

Kanko’s gaze wandered the gym, and soon they settled on the wall. Dozens of child-like drawings adorned it. Yet they seemed so far away, for the display of innocence and everything he fought to protect inevitably brought him up.

“Why did you let him go…?”

“It was the right thing to do at the time. And it was necessary. I know how you feel, I’ve felt the same way many times, but please try to do your best to overcome those negative emotions. They will only do you wrong.

Knew how he felt, did she? Kanko forced down a wave of frustration. As much as he’d like to curse her about knowing nothing, the fact that she was a Magus was much too important to dismiss. So was her advice…important?

Negative emotions… she meant anger, and vengeance, and hatred. No doubt about it; it was exactly how he’d felt then, and he still raged and hated and sought revenge even now. Kanko had always prided himself as rational, but… did she have a point? Was he lashing out too indiscriminately?

They will only do you wrong.

The only thing wrong to him was…

Ah, he saw now.

Ever since he’d committed his first cold-blooded murder, Kanko had known exactly what he’d been getting into. On that fateful day, he’d shoved himself into the cycle of hatred, and done his best to run that cycle backwards. Foolhardy, idiotic, and twisted – Kanko knew he was all of those, but he’d never been ignorant of the true depths of his ideals.

They had no end – he would never accomplish such an impossible goal, and eventually he would drown himself in the blood of his ambitions. Saving everyone… what idiot would try to do something so unattainable?

But he’d started out as a pacifist. Before his first kill, he’d done his best to end everything without bloodshed. He’d believed in the goodness present in every human being. Even after he killed, Kanko had strived to do his best to save everyone, sinner or not.

Yesterday, why had he reached for his weapon first? Why had he launched a lethal blow to Cain’s head before he even knew anything?

When had he become so… so warped?

He knew the answer to that – he was already beginning to drown.

Drowning in a sea of murder; drowning underneath the weight of the impossible; drowning despite the power of his will.

Somewhere along the way, Kanko had lost. He’d lost his way, and he’d lost to himself. That light from a smile, that warmth from gratitude, that euphoria from life… when had he lost it?

Somewhere along the way, Kanko had ceased to be a savior, and had become an avenger.

Hitomi was right; these negative emotions of his were winning. How could he have gone so wrong? The frustration he’d been holding against her faded away. It seemed he’d just been saved.

Kanko let himself relax in the chair. His eyes landed yet again on the drawing on the wall. He would go to Hitomi’s alliance at the beach; even if she ended up being untrustworthy, he was certain that she was a good person deep inside.

And Cain… he would get one more chance. After all, Kanko still wasn’t as naïve as he’d been five years ago.

Some people really did deserve to die.
    Last edited by Suncofold; April 18th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Current Fanfics:

Blog Entries
    Name:  sy9p34.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  51.3 KB
    Fukami Mikoto
    The Milky Way- Evening

(BGM on)

The last thing I recall is hearing Nakayama's voice... As I remember, I'm certain she was about to say something important, but I don't recall hearing it. Instead, there is a lapse in my memory where that should be. A black void like sleep which is clear in the forefronts of my mind; however, the details escape me. It all happened so suddenly... Almost as if I just passed out... But, even in my groggy state of mind, I can reason that this was unnatural.

As I try to get up, I can feel the weariness in my muscles. It doesn't particularly stand out as odd to me at first, but the more and more I come to my senses, the more I'm able to perceive what all has happened. No more than a minute has passed since I conked out... The positioning of several other shoppers is relatively the same compared to what I remember. So, even if this were the ache from waking, there is no reason why I should be this drained.

I was just attacked...

This is the only thing I can tell myself to make sense of everything.

My head is spinning and I have to hold it just to keep myself from thinking I'll fall over. My legs buckle beneath me as I stand, but I'm able to establish myself just as soon as they do. Anxiety and anticipation welling up inside of me, I quickly scan over the area, albeit half dazed. But doing so is made virtually meaningless when the single most important detail finally occurs to me.

"...Haru!"

Panicked, I call out my friend's first name, not even considering manners. I quickly turn to where I recall her being, but I soon find that she's not standing there. Instead, she's sprawled out on the ground- breathing through what seems to be a fit of pain. Her eyes are shut tight but mine are wide open as I immediately consider the worst-case scenario. I don't even have to think about it as my body instinctively moves to hold her in my arms. Carefully examining her face, I gently pat her cheek over and over to see if she'll respond.

"Nakayama-san!? Haru!? Answer me!"

My mind is thrown into a frenzy. I knew what was at risk and I did it anyway. I got someone involved in this mess. The means and the methods don't even matter. The simple fact that it happened is torture enough.

Gritting my teeth in frustration, I turn my attention back to the shopping hall. By now people have started to gather and stare; however, for whatever reason, they keep their distances and only whisper from afar.

"Someone, please, get some help!"

This frustrates me- not knowing what is going on and having to watch as no one even lifts a finger to help. Both are things I can't stand, and admittedly, it's not helping how I feel at the moment. If I could, I'd run off and find some help myself, but I'd be leaving Nakayama here unattended among a crowd of total strangers. There's nothing I can do, but wait...

But, just as I didn't think things could get any worse, I spot a familiar uniform out of the corner of my eye. My mind doesn't process it properly, but my instinct fires off on all fronts. The frustration I feel dulls to a calm fury as I turn to meet the eyes fixed on my person. And sure enough, the one I find is the girl we passed on our way in, staring right back at me.

Our eyes lock and there is a lingering silence between us during that moment. I'm not exactly sure if this girl has anything to do with this, but I can't rule out the possibility. Regardless, it's clear to me now, if not by intuition alone, that she's not a normal person. Definitely suspicious...and not exactly trying to conceal herself as a threat...

I commit her face to memory.
    Last edited by Sei; April 18th, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Reynard Everheart
    Milky Way - Night

"A little fox...?"
    Hishikawa Nanako raised an eyebrow. Whether you were giving out a compliment, insult him in a discreet way, or simply using the nickname as a way to confirm your personal suspicions, it didn't really matter: It was almost certain that you had not made a good impression. Deeper meanings aside, calling a girl 'little fox', especially one you didn't know that well, had never a nice thing to say, no matter which country you came from... "Heh..." The Student Council President, however, seemed to dismiss it with a small, cynical laugh. "I guess you could call me that..."

Saying that, Nanako walked past you. It was evident that your time together was over for the day. However, before leaving the balcony, she stopped her march to say one last thing:

"Today's trip taught me a lot of things. Keep up the good work, Rei." A small pause. "Tomorrow the class will be spending the day at the beach, so don't forget to bring a swimsuit if you plan to take a dip in the sea. Make sure Johnie, Raku and the Nakamuras show up on time as well, please." It seemed the red haired girl had something else to add, but either forgot or decided not to mention it. "Well, see you tomorrow, Rei. Have safe walk home."

Hishikawa Nanako... Just which side was she on?

This had been your first conversation as Magi, so you could not really tell.

She was right about one thing though... It was late.

It was time to return to the Nakamura Residence.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Light and Darkness
    15 chosen to be slain...

Shinji
    Personal Information

Name:
    Nakamura Shinji
    Codename:
    Raven

Battle Stadistics

HP: 270
    MP: 679
    WHP: 960
    Spare GP: 30

Achievements

-None.

Social Links

Kurusu Tamika: 1
    Muraoka Kana: 0
    Uesugi Ume: 1
    Oigara Inari: 2
    Kitamura Ruriko: 1
    Johnie Gamble: 0
    Hishikawa Nanako: -1
    Akio
    Personal Information

Name:
    Nakamura Akio
    Codename:
    Fool

Battle Stadistics

HP: 1500
    MP: 610
    WHP: 1600
    Spare GP: 20

Achievements

-Great Affection Gain.
    +10 GP
    +Obtained Turtle Dove
    +Route Unlocked

Social Links

Aomori Mana: 5
    Katsurimi Haseno: 1
    Sawai Mihou: 0
    Natsume Raku: 5
    Nakamura Hitomi:
    Rei
    Personal Information

Name:
    Reynard Everheart
    Codename:
    Masamune

Battle Stadistics

HP: 140
    MP: 570
    WHP: 1040S
    pare GP: 80 (From Fate point)
    GP Debt: 80

Achievements

-None.

Social Links

Natsume Raku: 2
    Nakamura Hitomi: 4
    Hishikawa Nanako: 2
    Johnie Gamble: 2
    Sawai Mihou: 1
    Mikoto
    Personal Information

Name:
    Fukami Mikoto
    Codename:
    Izanami

Battle Stadistics

HP: 750
    MP: 1000
    WHP: 1200
    Spare GP: 25

Achievements

-Great Affection Gain.
    +15 GP (Hard Bond)

-100th Update Bonus.
    +???

Social Links

Aomori Mana: 3
    Nakayama Haru: 3
    Katsurimi Haseno: 0
    Tsukabe Motoshige: 0
    Sawai Mihou: 0
    Nakamura Hitomi:
    Shinozaki Tobei: 4
    Kanko
    Personal Information

Name:
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Codename:
    ???

Battle Stadistics

HP: 450
    MP: 1000
    WHP: 1040
    Spare GP: 5 GP

Achievements

-None.

Social Links

Yamada Hayate: 2
    Takizawa Sakiko: 1
    Nakamura Hitomi: 0
    Mr. Miyagi: 0
    Detective ???: 1
    Shinozaki Tobei: -1
    Inao Saori: 3
    (Kuroi) Sawai Mihou: 2

Lucille
    Personal Information

Name:
    Lucille Fairiday
    Codename:
    Lucifer

Battle Stadistics

HP: 193
    MP: 2002
    WHP: 960
    Spare GP: 10 GP.

Achievements

-Spend Time with Takemori-Chan.
    +Recovered 50 HP

-Upgraded Rune.
    +New use added
    -30 GP

-Obtained List of Participants.

Social Links

Nakayama Haru: 0
    ???: 0

"
    Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies." - W. L. George

2nd Trigger/Promises
    Day two: End.

[18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Nakamura Akio
    Nakamura Residence - Morning

You woke up half an hour later than usual.

It was a somewhat alarming discovery at first, but soon you realized it was nothing to worry about; you still had plenty of time to have breakfast, get ready and walk to school like you normally did. You figured the culprit of such crime had been the stress that had piled up on your shoulders over the past few days. The appearance of the other world had been no small deal, and to be frank, sometimes you accumulated stress without even being conscious of it. Yesterday had been peaceful for the most part, something you were truly thankful for. However, the quarrel between Mana and Raku that had taken place at the mall still bothered you. You had picked to side with Mana and, as a result, you felt you had disappointed Raku. While you held no regrets for what you had done, you wanted to fix the relationship you had with your 'little sister' as soon as possible.

You brushed your teeth with thoughts like these.

Then, a strange fact became apparent. It was this time in the morning, but you were the only one awake. You were convinced that Rei and Hitomi had come back, that you had not been left alone in the house with Mana... Who had yet to show up as well. Scratching the back of your head, you decided to check on her first as it was the polite thing to do. She was a guest, after all. You managed to make it all the way to her room, but stopped right before the door and knocked. The least thing you wanted was to walk into the room while she was changing or something of the sort. It would not the first time it happened in this house...

... And, as it was to be expected, there was no response from the other side of the door.

You waited a minute, pondering what to do next. The idea of peeping through the keyhole to see if it's a good time to enter did cross your mind, but when you thought about it for the second time, it defeated the whole purpose of being the kind of person you aimed to become. In short, you were left with no other choice than knock once more and then walk in. Calling out your friend's name, you turned the doorknob and...

"..."

... Were left speechless.

It was the most to-be-expected scenario. Aomori Mana laid unconscious on top of the bed, seemingly in deep sleep. The bed sheets were all a mess, making it evident that the girl tossed and turned during the night, perhaps because she was having a nightmare or simply because of how hot the night had been. Either way, the fact remained that most of her body remained uncovered by said sheets. Fortunately -or not-, she was wearing pajamas. Pajamas that, by the way, did not belong to her. That's right, those used to belong to your older sister, Hitomi. She must have left them at the guest room for some reason...

Which led us to the main problem... they were too big for Mana.

The top had been left unbuttoned around the neck. Before you even got the chance to turn around the other way, your eyes noticed something a little more peculiar. One of Mana's hands had slipped through the gap at her chest and now softly rubbed itself against one of her her breasts underneath the clothing. It was a rather breathtaking sight, in the dangerous way. You had taken a couple of steps before you even knew it, and the door behind you was still open.

... You needed to wake her up before this turned into some terrible misunderstanding.

Completely unsure of how to actually pull it off, you took a deep breath and silently approached your target. Given how deep her sleep seemed to be, it would take some effort to bring her back. As you drew even closer, you realize she's talking in her sleep. Most of it was actually incomprehensible, but you managed to catch a fair bit:

"Uhhmm... es... rever...! kiss...? Ehehehehe~"

Reynard Everheart

It had been more than a day, but your body had yet to recover from the damage taken during the battle you had with Mihou.

Granted, there were no physical signs that suggested that you were hurt -no scars or visible wounds-, but the pain and exhaustion were still there, and that bothered you from time to time. If there was something you could be thankful of, it was the fact that you'd had a good night sleep. Now it was a little bit later than usual, but plenty of time remained for you to get ready for the beach day. It took you no more than a minute to get dressed but, as you were about to leave your room, you heard a particular, yet familiar beeping sound. It seemed you had one new message on your cell phone.

---It was from the Student Council.

It was not a strange occurrence: The Student Council had always been in touch with the students. From general announcements, to changes in the class schedules, to personal reminders for troublesome individuals, Hishikawa Nanako made the effort to keep the people she represented informed of what was going on inside Starlight Academy. Given that School Trip would take place today, it becomes ridiculously easy to guess the contents of the message this time. Regardless, you decided to open it.

The moment you did, your heart skipped a beat.

"..."

You had nothing to say, and you were definitely unsure as to what to think about it. For the next couple of minutes, your room would be enveloped in complete silence...

(no subject)
    It brings me great pain to make this kind of announcement on such a long awaited date but one of our fellow students, Kitamura Ichigo, has passed away... To those who will be spending the day at the beach today, I must ask you to come to school in groups of three or more. From there, a bus will take us to the beach.
    The Student Council

Fukami Mikoto
    Hospital - Early Morning

The opening of your eyes came together with a sudden realization: You had fallen asleep.

You did not remember at which point exactly had it happened, but you recalled being set on staying awake the whole night. You had been attacked while having ice-cream at a mall that couldn't possibly be more crowded, and there was no guarantee that the aggressor wouldn't come back to finish the job. Then, following that logic, the hospital had not and would never be a safe zone. At least not when the attacker had magic at her disposal... Considering that you weren't able to manifest your magical weapon outside of 'that space', the fact alone was enough to keep you on your toes.

Even so, in the end, drowsiness had gotten the best of you. Fortunately, it seemed nothing bad had happened while you slept.

The doctors had said Haru would be fine, that she had just 'fainted due to stress' and that the only thing she needed to recover was to relax. Could you really accept that diagnose? It was not like they could treat or detect magical damage. In that sense, the only thing that the Hospital provided Haru was a roof and a bed. You'd have to wait until the girl wakes up to confirm that she's actually okay...

As for you, you'd had a headache for a while after the incident, but now it was completely gone. To be fair, if your friend's health wasn't one of your main worries right now, you'd say you were feeling as good as new. It was hard to explain, but you could sense a warm, embracing, healing presence filling the air. Before you knew it, you found yourself staring at the dreaming Nakayama Haru. The blue haired girl did really look like a sleeping princess...

"..."

... Huh?

Had she been pretending to be asleep all this time? Haru had yet to open her eyes, but you had definitely seen her blush just now... Or was it fever...? No way.

"... G-good morning."
    Giving up, your friend opened her eyes and, while staring at the roof above, -both shyly and reluctantly- greeted you. At this point, it became surprisingly obvious that, for some time now, she had been waiting until you left the room to wake up. However, you had never left her, and so her plan had been foiled. "I don't really recall what happened but... I am feeling good now," The mage of misfortune said, as she sat over the bed. "So you don't really have to worry about me."

Haru being Haru, at least that had not changed. Not in the slightest.

"Hmm... Nice flowers."
    Your friend grabbed the small bouquet of Sakura flowers that had been placed on the small table next to her bed. "... D-Did you bring them, Fukami?"

It was only then that you noticed.

Those flowers weren't there yesterday...

Nakamura Shinji
    Furikawa Bakery - Morning

Well, you had certainly not expected something like this to happen.

To be honest, the death of Kitamura Ichigo didn't come as much of a surprise. It was a known fact that those who went missing and didn't show after a certain amount of time were often as good as dead. But what you were staring at went beyond any of the predictions you'd had for the boy. The computer program you had designed had downloaded all the data regarding the case automatically and as soon as it went up. You could say that it was the reason why you knew of his death. An autopsy had not been uploaded yet, but the pictures taken at the crime scene were there for you to look at. That was enough to tell you all you needed to know.

To call it murder would be an underestimation.

Piecing together the information you had, you made an attempt to recreate the scene in your head: First, the boy was taken to an alley by the attacker. There, he was brutally beaten. He probably tried to defend himself -shown by the torn clothes and multiple cuts over his body- so the killer smashed his face against the wall to quickly knock him out. Then, his right arm was severed from the body. Didn't look like the work of a bladed weapon, so the culprit had to use something else... You'd like to say sheer force, but that's not really common, is it? Finally, and here came what was perhaps the most outstanding and disgusting fact, the victim was eaten to death... As evidenced by the sheer number of bite marks, destroyed flesh and missing organs.

It's an act of violence without precedent in the island of Tsukuyomi-jima.

But do you care enough to pursue the one who did this? The reward would not be worth it -Ichigo's sister had lost her head. An earlier E-mail to the Raven asking him to find and punish the murderer served as evidence of the sudden decline in her mental health- and without a doubt the investigation would have its fair costs. As they said, 'some things are better left uncovered'. However, the ultimate decision rested on your shoulders.

Switching tabs, you checked your progress on Sophie Kaede.

...Nothing much. Two new matches to be precise. First, a wide variety of newspaper articles, most of them related to random accidents and tragedies that happened within the island. The grand majority dates from sixteen to twenty years into the past. What caught your attention? The fact that none of these articles had been published. It seems Sophie was trying to prevent the truth to come to light on certain events... Interesting to say the least. While it was at it, it seemed the program had also found an isolated picture of Sophie. At least now you knew how she looked sixteen years ago...

Spoiler:
    The other match had Sophie's name appearing as a benefactor of Starlight Academy. Apparently, she had provided most of the money necessary to organize a school event which would take place today at the beach, despite Ichigo's fate. There was another benefactor, a teacher named Shinzou Kamui. Nothing suspicious, though.

You now possessed a lot of knowledge. What you had to decide was what to do with it.

So, what would it be, Raven?

Lucille Fairiday
    Fairiday Residence - Morning

'What a pain', you thought.

Although you had spent most of yesterday trying to recover, your body still hurt all over. You couldn't deny that you had taken severe damage during your battle against the giant snake Jormungand, and by the look of things, you could tell that it would take at least one more day for you to be back to full health. That, in a way, was a big problem: As you had been told, Eyespace -How the mysterious person had called it- would return today and your life would be put at risk once more. Furthermore, you had made a deal with the devil, and it was your turn to fulfull your end of the bargain... You'd have to fight and murder one of the Magi on the list you had been given. If you failed... Takemori-chan's life...

---Would slip through your fingers like sand.

That thought alone was enough to bring you back to your senses. You couldn't afford to waste more time on this bed. You got dressed and had breakfast like a robot, your mind focused on something else entirely. When you finished, the first place you visited was Catherine's room. The girl loved to do most of her work during the night, so you figured that she surely had gathered some information by now. Plus, with your knife collection in play, you expected her to work at least twice as hard.

"..."

But Catherine Hendrix was no longer in her room. She had left the residence earlier this morning, leaving only a piece of paper -and a huge mess- behind. In it were written the addresses of those people in the list, although a few of them were missing. You deduced that those were not individuals that could be easily tracked or Cathy didn't have enough time to find out their whereabouts.

Aomori Mana, Fukami Mikoto and Sophie Kaede... Well, you'd meet them at the beach either way.

Besides those three, there were other two noteworthy cases: Nakayama Haru, who was staying at a hotel for the time being, and Yamada Hayate, whose residence was shared with an all-famous gym. The Nakamura and Natsume Residences were a ten minute walk from here and the place where this Shinzou Kamui guy lived wasn't too far off either.

Well, at least you had some intel. But that'd not be enough; Takemori-chan could no longer protect himself on his own.

You had to act.
    Last edited by hero; April 27th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

Hisamatsu Kanko
    Yamada Hayate’s Base – Morning

You awaken to the sound of two people arguing.

It was impossible to hear what was being said, but you could easily recognize their voices. Undoubtedly, they belonged to Hayate and Sakiko. What could be the reason that inspired such a noisy, heated quarrel? You were honestly curious but you had your doubts. Prying on someone else's private life would not be polite, especially after how much help you had received from the duo. On the other hand, it did not seem like the discussion would end anytime soon, and you certainly could not afford to spend the entire morning laying on your bed so the pair could settle their score. You decided to silently sneak into the gym, and wait for an appropriate moment to show up. As you waited, you couldn't help but to overhear their conversation.

"Why?! I am ready for this, please let me go with you!"
    Takizawa Sakiko questioned the boy with a clear expression of fury. At the same time, she threw a devastating punch at his face, which Hayate easily caught. They were both using boxing equipment for protection, but it didn't look like any of them was holding back... "Kuh! Answer me, Aniki!"

"It's too dangerous."
    He responded simply, while keeping a calm mind. "I am sorry, but I can't let you come with me this time."

"...!"
    Those words gave birth another aggressive reaction. While Yamada Hayate had managed to keep his cool in the heat of the battle, Takizawa Sakiko was the exact opposite: Each of her blows gained strength with each emotional burst. At times it seemed to overwhelm the boy despite the wide gap in power, speed and endurance between the two. "Is that what I am to you...?! A burden?!"

---Her strongest attack.

Fast as lightning; a hammer meant to crush anything that stood on its way. That is Takizawa Sakiko's 'finisher', a technique she developed after years of training under Yamada Hayate. This was the first time to be unleashed; her fist charged with an outstanding desire to prove its worth.

However.

"No... You are wrong."
    He evaded it like nothing... It took him no effort at all. That was the sign that marked the end of the battle. With Sakiko's body exposed and with no time to recover, the outcome became rather predictable. But contrary to her expectations, the counter-attack never came. Yamada Hayate had walked past her, patting her in the head as he did so. "You're my treasure. Something precious I must protect at all costs."

"Hah... Ah... Hah..."

Leaving her partner both exhausted and puzzled, the boy stepped out of the ring, as calm and collected as ever.

"Yo." Noticing your presence, he gave you a friendly smile as he greeted you. "Good morning." He cleaned the sweat off with a towel and then placed it over his shoulder. Your friend made an apologetic gesture as he excused himself upstairs. "Just let me get changed. I'll be with you in a minute."

Meanwhile, you recalled the discussion you'd had last night and the plans you had for the day. For one, you had agreed to visit the beach with Hayate. The boy had met Hitomi as well and was pretty confident that she could be trusted as an ally. Then, there was the task Mihou had entrusted you... Unfortunately, you could not tell him -or anyone- about it. If it worked, though, you could save many lives with it.

"..."

Hayate was taking an awful lot of time to get changed, and you had been left alone with Sakiko, her friend. A painfully heavy silence had invaded the gym and honestly, you did not know what to say to break the ice or what to focus on so time would just go by faster.

Well, better think of something...

Nakamura Shinji
    Furikawa Bakery - Morning

(BGM on)

It seemed that today was going to be quite the day as Shinji looked on the new information flooding his laptop. The biggest item was the fact that the missing Kitamura Ichigo was found dead, murdered in a way that even the most jaded of detectives would find repulsive. Shinji found his stomach knotting at the mangled body of Ichigo, his skin covered in lacerations and the wound on his face. Ichigo's right arm was also cut off or to be appropriate, it looked as if it was ripped cleaned off like a person would tear a chicken wing off a cooked chicken. As much as entertainment media would exaggerate, it is completely impossible for any human being to rip off a limb by brute force. Even with the execution styles used in medieval Europe such as quartering and the such, none of them could have produced such clean results as Ichigo's dismemberment. With all the muscles, ligaments, fat, and bone it would be implausible for any human being to realistically dismember another person with such clean execution...

But Tsukiyomi-jima was home to several inhuman beings counting Shinji himself.

There is no doubt in Shinji's mind that the culprit of Ichigo's murder is a Magus like himself. But even with his enhanced strength, Shinji is not strong enough to casually tear limbs apart from bodies with the strength this suspect has. Remembering the strength that Chisato had, Shinji notes that it would be simple for a Magus of her strength to do such an act. If she had landed one good blow on him, Shinji would not have survived the fight. Clearing his head, Shinji concludes that Ichigo had simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time and was killed for it.

Such an unlucky fate.

But even with this theory the question was who killed Kitamura Ichigo? The only Magi Shinji was aware of were Nanako, Sophie, and Chisato who was killed. Shinji lamented at his lack of information one the identities of the other magi. And with the arrival of Sophie's "present" yesterday, it seemed to Shinji that he was the only Magus who didn't have access to such information. An ironic statement considering that he was The Raven, Tsukiyomi-jima's main information broker.

Switching gears, Shinji brings up the information regarding Sophie Kaede. A picture and some files pop up that date back to twenty years in the past, the files showing accidents that never were published and a picture of Sophie as she looked during that time. What caught Shinji's attention was her name on a list of Starlight Academy benefactors. Following the link Shinji finds that she had recently donated a large sum of money to the school to fund the beach trip today. How clever, Shinji muses as he ponders. With the whole student body at the beach, if "that world" were to shift into reality it would only leave the Magi among the students on the beach...

At that moment Shinji's mind sparks with a sudden question.

With the advent of Sophie's identity of benefactor and Magus status, was it possible that she had the ability to control the other world?

Shinji shakes his head. As powerful Magi are, there was no way that Sophie had the ability to exchange reality for the Eyespace. But he cannot ignore the connections. Perhaps looking into the beach trip wasn't such a bad idea. If his theory was correct, he could ascertain the identities of most of the other Magi on the island assuming they were attending Starlight Academy. But Shinji runs the risk of being identified as well along with falling into Sophie's plan if she has a trap in place. But there was also the possibility of nothing happening and the students enjoy a grand time at the beach while Shinji succeeds at nothing.

Thinking closely, Shinji makes up his mind. Closing his laptop and packing it inside his backpack, he heads downstairs to prepare the batter for today's sales.

(BGM off)

----------------
    Mall Cafe - Noon

Sipping some tea in the air conditioned cafe, Shinji unpacks his laptop and reboots the machine. Before leaving, he asked Shizune to keep an eye out for any packages for him and to put them in his room. With a snarl, she agreed and told him to get to school already. She had not been given the news of his unintentional and unofficial suspension but Shinji didn't trouble her with the details. It was a simple matter of editing the attendance records for Shinji so that the school would not inquire into his absences. And with a few fake messages, Shinji also managed to make Shizune leave the bakery after a few hours to join a group of her friends to hang out. Furikawa Iori, Shizune's younger sister, was attending the local middle school and would be busy with cram school so would be late to home as usual. And if the bakery was subject to an explosion by Kaede's machinations, Shinji had enough money to cover expenses and if he had to he could always siphon some from other sources.

These precautions, Shinji thought, would help protect the Furikawas from being collateral damage in Shinji's battle against Sophie Kaede. Even though he knew that such things weren't simple, he felt that it was the least he could do to ensure that they would not be hurt by his actions or the actions of his enemies.

Taking another sip of his drink, he opens The Forum and his programs once more to gather more information. Hopefully he would solve the mystery behind Sophie Kaede soon.

Spoiler:

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Akio
    Nakamura Residence? - Midnight

(BGM on)

Blue.

No matter how many times I see it, that particular aspect of this place has always remained the same.

Blue furnishings, blue walls, even a blue ceiling...

While it is not something I often see in my usual life, it is quite similar to that phenomenon that had overtaken reality the other day, and yet, despite that, my heart remains mysteriously calm.

Yes.

I have definetly been here before, and yet, at the same time, I have never stepped into this place.

An azure tinted dream of the soul, the only one that awaits me here is myself.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room... Is what I'd like to say."

A voice identical to my own shatters the serenity of the azure world, and as if he had always been there, the 'me' that I had destroyed appears before my very eyes.

It's only natural.

As Nakamura Akio is the only one who can exist in this place, it should not be a surprise to see that person there.

Whether it be in dream or reality, a shadow will not truly vanish even if the sun sets.

"But I'm afraid this isn't that kind of a reality," speaking to himself, to me, in my own voice, the words may not have even been real, "A dream means nothing when you wake up, right? Forgetting everything... Even the terrifying edge of nightmares can disappear when you open your eyes."

Laughing at his own statement, I gaze upon myself.

"However, I guess a paradise would vanish as well, right? So in the end, the time spent here really doesn't mean anything."

"Still, even if you forget when you open your eyes, as you were the one who won, the right to move ahead belongs to you."

Raising a single finger, he said something that sparked a distant memory, his pose reminiscent of a swordswoman I had known once.

"Protect what you will, accept what you lost, and strive for the future."

...Those words.

I'm surprised I still remember them.

"Of course we remember, after all, that was what /she/ told us to do, right?"

She.

For an instant, my own figure vanishes, replaced by the crimson haired figure of someone I hadn't seen for a long time.

If I hadn't been aware that this place was a dream from the start, her appearance would have confirmed it without a doubt.

That person had disappeared a long time ago.

On that day... I had only seen the final moment, but it was something I would never forget.

"No."

The problem was that I didn't want to remember.

Call it my selfishness, but even if it was impossible, I had no intention of remembering that regret.

Nakamura Akio could not exist as he was now if he remembered, so there was nothing wrong with forgetting-!

"Shut up. Stop talking. Leave me alone-!"

Her image flickering back to my own, the last look on 'my' face was one of pity.

(BGM off)

"Fool... It'll haunt you even if you deny it."

☆ミ

Nakamura Akio

Looks like I woke up late.

Blankets and pillows alike tossed on the floor of my room, it seemed that, for some reason or another, I had been moving around a lot in my sleep.

It was odd.

I had always been told I slept rather peacefully.

"Ah well, I'm sure it's nothing."

Talking softly to myself, I restored my bed to it's usual state, before slipping into the bathroom, mind jumping from issue to issue as I went through my morning routine. The antagonistic way Mana and Raku interacted with each other, the possibility of that azure world appearing to claim another magus today, and the fact that I hadn't seen Raku at all since the confrontation last night.

It seemed like the world was determined to stress me out.

"The burden of an older brother eh..."

Speaking of siblings...

Where were Rei and Hitomi at...?

I'm sure both of them had made it home at some point last night, but it was a pretty rare occurence for me to be the first one to wake up in the morning.

Heck, even Mana seemed like she was still asleep, which was pretty odd. I'd always found it pretty difficult to get a good night's rest at someone else's house, but then again, maybe I was just weird....

...Everyone was going to be late if they didn't wake up soon.

I couldn't allow everyone to miss the field trip, it was one of those events that just didn't happen too often at our school.

Guess a mass rousing is in order...

Mana was my guest, so it seemed like I should check on her first...

My footsteps light on the floors of my home, I stopped outside the closed door of the guest room, and knocked, her lack of an answer enlightening me of the potentially dangerous situation that lay on the other side. Looking through the keyhole to ensure I didn't destroy my reputation was probably the safest idea, but at the same time, if I got caught looking through a keyhole into a girl's room, it would be pretty hard to explain exactly what I was doing without someone misunderstanding something.

...Should I just walk in and hope for the best?

If she was a deep sleeper she might not wake just from having her name called, or she could have gotten sick in the middle of the night...

Embracing the whims of fate, I turned the doorknob and walked inside.

"Mana-"

My face flushed of it's own accord.

This was the most likely scenario, I should not be surprised, but-

Those clothes were dangerously loose, and that hand...

Misunderstandings and rumors were born from situations like this, I had to hurry and wake her up... Just standing here watching was making me feel guilty.

If I came in here with a clear heart, there was nothing to be embarrassed about, right?

Just had to... wake her up...

Yeah.

Taking a step closer, I focus my gaze firmly on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana
    "Uhhmm... es... rever...! kiss...? Ehehehehe~"

Hmmm?

Talking in her sleep eh?

She really must have been comfortable here.

I suppose that made me happy, but even with that, the situation was still dangerous.

However-

"Hey Mana," reaching out to shake her shoulder, I decide to just act like I always would, "It's time to wake up."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Fukami Mikoto
    Hospital- Early Morning

With a yawn, I wake up to the morning, sit up, and stretch my arms. However, unlike my usual routine, the way in which I sit up isn't quite the same, so it throws me off a bit. I'm not exactly sure when, but it would seem I'd fallen asleep sitting in a chair and I was resting my head on an unfamiliar bedside. The surroundings are also unfamiliar... Although, I've seen places like this enough to know where I am... And then it all comes rushing back to me. In that moment, my head clears with dizzying swiftness as I recall Haru, but I'm calmed just as quickly as I realize it's her bed I was resting on.

Sighing, I lower my head back down towards the sheets and take a good look at Haru's face. I was told by the nurse that she had no family staying with her on the island, so there was no one who could come stay with her. Although... it's not like I'd be able to just leave her even if she did. Something happened to the two of us and only a handful of things make sense. So in the end, I must of stayed up all night, watching in case the attacker tried to finish things off, until I just passed out.

"Good morning, Nakayama-san..."

I speak through a sigh as I figure Haru has yet to wake up. Though, by looking at her expression, it would seem that she's at least at ease now. The nurse did say that she just needed some rest after all... But even still...

"...?"

In the middle of my thoughts, I realize something seems off about Haru's face. Perhaps it's because I just woke up, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say she's... blushing? Wait... Has she been awake this whole time!?

Quote Originally Posted by Haru
    "... G-good morning. I don't really recall what happened but... I am feeling good now. So you don't really have to worry about me."
    I can feel my cheeks burning up a bit. How embarrassing... Was she going to just lay there until I left the room or something? I... I just don't know what to say...

Well, at least she's ok...

"Hmm... Nice flowers. ... D-Did you bring them, Fukami?"
    It would seem that my inability to notice things this early strikes again. Only just now am I noticing the fresh flowers left by the bed. Granted I can hardly remember last night in general, I'm pretty sure that those flowers weren't there last night... This would have to mean that they were brought here some time between when I fell asleep and now. But what really irks me is the type of flower... It's almost as if someone is trying to provoke me. I just hope I'm over thinking all this.

"Ah hah, no. Sorry..." Nervously smiling and rubbing the back of my head, I respond without showing as little concern as possible. "I was... pretty worried about you, to be honest. I haven't left the room since I got here..." Realizing how silly it sounds to just blurt that out, I break eye contact for a bit and scratch my cheek. "Although, I do faintly recall mentioning I'd like to have some flowers for you when you woke up to one of the nurses. Maybe, she went by the gift shop and got some for me..."

That's the best I can come up with on the spot. I know it seems odd, but I really don't want to worry Haru anymore than I have to. Though, admittedly, it'd be a lot easier if I could just straight up lie to her... Things might go a lot easier if I'd just said I did get them...

"Anyways... Are you sure you're ok? You just passed out on me all of the sudden and I didn't know what to do." I make it a point to omit the part where I blacked out too. "The nurses told me more about how you're staying on your own... It'd just kill me if something happened to you and no one was around."

Feeling myself becoming more and more upset, I look back at Haru at examine her face closely again. As far as I can tell, she really is fine; however, she was acting before so she could very well be doing it now. With this in mind, I rise up from my chair and lean in towards her across the bed.

"E-excuse me."

Bashfully, without pausing for response, I close the gap between us and press my forehead against hers. I haven't exactly done this before, but I'm aware that some people do this to get a read on people's temperatures. Though I'm not a doctor, I suppose it'll help me feel better, at the least.

"Hmmmm. I guess you really are ok..."

With that said, I back off and sit myself at the edge of the bed. Of course I'll still have to get someone to check Haru before they can discharge her.

"Hey, Nakayama-san," Even still, this unknown threat worries me to no end, "I know this may be pretty sudden, but why don't you come stay at my place for a bit?" So to remedy this, I offer up quite the proposal. "Ah hah... I know we just met yesterday and everything... New friends and all that, but I'm really concerned." Though I start off as nervous, the more I think about it, the calmer my words become. "Also, you're staying in a hotel, right? Don't you think it'd be nicer to stay with someone else and have the extra company? Not to mention the money you could save."

At this point, I realize I'm just trying to sell the idea and reassure Haru with a forced smile. So I cut my proposal there, and just turn away.

"Um... Of course if you don't want to, I understand. It's just an idea, after all." Playfully sticking out my tongue, I put on another smile and face Haru once more. "Sorry if I'm needlessly worrying you."

Fukami Mikoto
    Hospital- Early Morning

"No-!"
    Nakayama Haru exclaimed, exalted and out of the blue. The response was so strong and so sudden; it succeeded in giving you a scare. You had never thought that your friend would react to your words in this way. Unfortunately, it was already too late to stop her outburst. "Please do not be sorry! I am not worthy of such apology... How could I? I am the one who is causing you all this trouble!" The blue haired girl kept going and going, strongly rejecting your apology and giving you no chance to interrupt. Currently, Nakayama Haru was like an erupting volcano... If she could let all those stored feelings out, it would be for the best. "You were the first person outside family to willingly talk to me... You accepted me, took me out and showed me things I thought I'd never see...! You took care of me while I was unconscious, you offered me shelter, and then, after all that, you say you are sorry for something as small as making me worry?! Asking you anything else would be an abuse of our friendship!" Her eyes closed, her throat was beginning to hurt from speaking so loudly. She seemed on the verge of breaking into tears. "It might have been just one day, Fukami, but I am truly thankful for the time we spent together as friends-!

Don't speak..." A brief pause to realize what she was doing. "Of it... so lightly..."

"..."

Who was more surprised? Nakayama Haru, who had just done something she never thought to be capable of? You, who were shocked after witnessing such a strong, emotional discharge? Or the Hospital Staff, who had surely overheard most of it...? Whatever the answer might be, the whole place seemed to fall into complete silence. You stared at each other for a moment, out of words, and then...

'...!"

Nakayama Haru quickly hid her face under the sheets.

Last night had been... surprising, to say the least. After he parted ways with Nanako, he called some other people to confirm what he had heard about Chisato. He expected people to say they hadn't seen her - that she hadn't shown her face since the party. Instead, people asked him who Chisato was.

Every person seemed to have forgotten about her. Only Akio remembered her, back when they talked about the other participants... and Rei wasn't sure how to tell him that nobody else remembered Chisato anymore.

In the end, he never did. He was too surprised by the fact that Mana seemed to have usurped Raku's place in the Nakamura household - and he had more tact than to ask what had happened. It was surprising, really, how peaceful the house was without Raku sneaking in and trying to steal all of their food, but... it felt wrong. Rei had nothing against Mana; he was glad that she wasn't alone all by herself. Still, something was... missing? Thief or not, Akio's stalker or not, Raku was their friend.

No, more than that. She was pretty much family by now.

"..."

It was then that Rei realized what felt off. Raku was part of Akio's family, just like Hitomi. Mana... even though she was clinging to him, she still felt like an outsider. "Maybe I should ask her what happened after all," Rei said. If something happened between Akio and Raku, Mana was undoubtedly caught in the middle. And, Mana seemed like a nice girl, so she should be willing to help, right?

Still dressed in his pajamas, Rei knocked on Mana's door - only to find it slightly ajar. Out of curiosity, he pushed it open - only to see Akio bending Mana, a hand on her shoulder.

At that point, there were a lot of things Rei could say. In the end, he simply shook his head and said one word: "Cheater." It was just a joke, though. Mostly. He knew Akio better than that, after all... and Akio wouldn't have done anything to disappoint his sister.

Nakamura Akio & Reynard Everheart

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamura AKio
    "Hey Mana," reaching out to shake her shoulder, I decide to just act like I always would, "It's time to wake up."
    There was no immediate response.

Aomori Mana was no light sleeper, and soon you realized that gently shaking her shoulder wouldn't do the trick. Unable to come up with another method, and with Rei's presence somewhat adding to the pressure you felt, you simply resorted to shaking both her shoulders now, if only a little bit rougher than last time. Something which you would soon regret doing.

Vitality Secret Bonus Defense has been bypassed.
    Nakamura Akio has taken 15 Damage.
    Aomori Mana is holding back.

"Ugh...?!"

Suddenly and unexpectedly, you were thrown off balance. Mana's fist had found your solar plexus with relative ease and delivered a terribly painful punch that, it hurt to admit, left even you begging for air for a couple of seconds. Needless to say, you didn't retaliate, but as you removed your hand from the attacked area, you felt a lingering sensation of pain, one you had not felt in a while. Your defense, which could not be pierced by a deadly rain of swords, had been defeated by what had been, by chance, a well-placed punch. This served as proof that, despite being an amateur Magus unaware of her powers, the girl held an incredible strength within. Quite a dangerous sleeping beauty, if you ask me.

"Mmmm...!"
    Aomori Mana rubbed her eyes, pouting, and clearly in a bad mood. "I was having a good dream!" She protested, half-awake.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard Everheart
    Out of curiosity, he pushed it open - only to see Akio bending Mana, a hand on her shoulder.
    The spectacle that had happened right before your eyes had been enough to send a chill up and down your spine.

Even among Magi, few were those who could leave Akio in pain using just their fist. Something about the whole situation, no, about Mana herself was incredible unsettling. Perhaps it was related to what you were thinking of earlier, that the girl still felt like an outsider. Whatever it was, it had been enough to automatically assume a fighting stance...

However, it quickly became apparent Aomori Mana was being only the cause of part of your uneasiness. There was something else but, by the time you realized it was way too late. Something dangerous was about to enter your personal space...!

---She creeped past you like a fleeting ghost.

No, perhaps it would be best to describe her as a fast, mindless zombie driven by hunger. If one thing had been left clear, it was that Nakamura Hitomi was not a morning person. At time like these you wondered how she could ignore everything that was happening around her in her sleep-walker mode, but still remember that the location of the fridge had changed to Akio's room two nights ago.

It was at this time that the two girls made eye contact. They looked at each other for a second, rather dazzled.

"Eh?"
    They whispered, nearly at the same time.

It was only then that you noticed. They were wearing the same kind of pajamas.
    Last edited by hero; May 4th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Fairiday
    Fairiday Residence - Morning

Lucille Fairiday decided that she would go to the Nakamura residence today. She had people to meet, and judging by the files, they didn't seem to be bad people at all. And for the sake of experimentation, she had to go there. If she was going to get any intel on her opponents, she had to get up, close, and personal. Certainly, them being in the way of Takemori-chan's life was reason enough to leave them as crucified corpses hanging from the walls, but she could use a more personal reason to hate them.

So, Lucille gathered all her stuff, packed, and left home with the most dismal face she could muster.

Which was pretty dismal. After all, she had just "accidentally" donated $300,000 USD to a wonderful charity she personally knew the owners of.

Her parents would be mad, she had to admit. But it was a calculated move; they made $3.6 million USD and were rather frugal with their money. Certainly they could part with some precious money for the sake of helping other people? That, and they loved their only daughter. Being kicked out wouldn't last for long.

She slowly walked to the Nakamura house, taking in the dismal sights and realizing that maybe her house was too big.

Wait, too big? What was she saying? If it were her, she would've paved the entire town around it for more space. If only she had that kind of cash...

She sighed and looked at the Nakamura house. It looked like a nice enough home, for its price. Cat was such an exact woman, it almost scared her. Carefully, she knocked on the door four times. Four was an unlucky number in Japan, right? Unlucky for her was something to be done.

Hope they don't lock me out...

Blog Entries
    Fukami Mikoto
    Hospital- Early Morning

I'm taken aback... I mean, what is there that I can say at such short notice? Since I've met Haru, I've had this feeling that she's lived a rather secluded life, but I had no idea it was like this. I'm honestly embarrassed to be on the receiving end of such words... Maybe even a little ashamed that I've failed to consider the possibility until now. My face is burning and I fear it's only going to get worse the more others begin to gather. Only now do I realize that I've been somewhat selfish... and I should do something about that quickly.

Looking down at Haru as she tries to hide her face from the world, I can't help but smile. Who would have thought that this quiet little girl would be this cute? Laughing at the thought in my head, I lean over towards Haru some more, reach out my hand, and pat her exposed head.

"Sorry, Nakayama-san. I won't do it again."

I feel at ease when I say this, and the words flow even casually than I could've made them if I wanted to. Once again I'm reminded of the strange feeling I get when I'm around Haru, except I feel a little more certain about what it is exactly. I feel calm and because Haru has accepted me as a genuine friend, I'm able to be someone I haven't been in quite some time... Even if it's fleeting, I want to cherish this feeling and forget about everything else.

"Say, why don't we hurry up and get you on outta here? I figure if you can really give it to me like that, then you don't need to stay here anymore." I laugh somewhat awkwardly as I try to change the subject and lighten the mood. "...Let's go by your place and pick up some things, then we'll head home."

I linger for a moment after saying those words. Honestly, it feels kinda odd calling it Haru's home as well; however, I don't think it was any kind of slip on my part.

"It'll be nice to actually have someone staying with me for a change." Even though she can't see me behind the sheets, I laugh and playfully stick out my tongue as I say that. "We'll probably miss a bit of school... But I'll tell you what, why don't we go to the beach afterwards anyways? It could... help us relax! Besides, it'd be a shame to not go after we got such cute swimsuits, right?"