Page 479 of 486 FirstFirst ... 379429469474477478479480481484 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    The BE are great.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    never thought the blade would be this big in 3D.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Who wore it better?

There's a few things I like about Ciel's blade over Heracles' club thing:
    - If you look at the shadow it makes it look like she has a giant wing. This is already pure kinography.
    - I like the more mechanical design because I'm a mecha fan
    - Heracles' club isn't really a weapon so much as it's a thing they gave him so he could smash stuff. It's a giant caveman stick.

Then there's the character actually wielding it. I think each has its own appeal. Ciel looks more elegant, in control, her pose as if the fight has 'already ended', even if the enemy is still alive; whereas Shirou looks more determined, like you know something utterly awesome is about to happen - his arm and hand cover his face so that only his eyes are visible, and that's all you need to see to understand what he's feeling. The way he holds up Archer's arm and supports it with his other hand makes it look more like that is his real weapon, whereas Heracles' club is simply the means through which it enacts action.

US Friend Code
    I've never been big on the mechish designs of Ciel's stuff, personally. I'm definitely more into fantasy than scifi, and it's always felt like such a weird aesthetic to give church weapons to me. I've thought this since the original Seventh Holy Scripture being a pile bunker, but it's just gotten more pronounced with the remake.
    Last edited by Reign; February 12th, 2023 at 02:05 PM.

for me, the biggest meh was Virgin Pain

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I've never been big on the mechish designs of Ciel's stuff, personally. I'm definitely more into fantasy than scifi, and it's always felt like such a weird aesthetic to give church weapons to me. I've thought this since the original Seventh Holy Scripture being a pile bunker, but it's just gotten more pronounced with the remake.
    It's just the aesthetic of all the Church stuff, as we've learned with Hansa. They are big on technology.

US Friend Code
    I guess it makes sense if you view it as being opposite to the Mage's Association focusing on the past and mystical stuff and eschewing technology, but it's just not a design decision I'm very fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Difference of opinion I suppose. I've always been way more into sci-fi, but sci-fi anime are rarer nowadays (they used to be way way more common) and, additionally, lack the kind of chuuni stuff that I'm really after. You don't tend to get stuff like Nasu's craziness in sci-fi stuff, hard sci-fi with complicated settings seems to be more Western media territory. The closest you get is with Real Robot anime, but I'm not always feeling actual mecha.

So I eat up any mecha stuff in a fantasy setting like a hungry hippo. It's probably why I had an easier time accepting the LB6 Greek gods and it's mostly due to the underutilization of most of the pantheon that I'm disappointed, not the concept in of itself.

It's kind of why I want Nasu to make a sci-fi thing. He seems open to exploring the concept, it's just that a new IP probably wouldn't go well at this point, and there's a bunch of other stuff he wants to do first even if Fate wasn't a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    for me, the biggest meh was Virgin Pain
    I'm sure she'll have a fully armored battle suit tank mode upgrade soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I'm sure she'll have a fully armored battle suit tank mode upgrade soon.
    I would nut with the power of a thousand supernovas if she went full Frame Arms Girl or maybe something like Alphamax's Dark Advent series. Mecha musume is the easiest way into my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I would nut with the power of a thousand supernovas if she went full Frame Arms Girl or maybe something like Alphamax's Dark Advent series. Mecha musume is the easiest way into my heart.
    She's waiting for the right moment(Princess Arc?) to show it off to Shiki so she can later give him a 40 minute infodump. Trust the plan.

40 Ciel minute infodump on her mecha musume armor
    Literally better than h-scenes.

Blog Entries
    Meh. I'm not big on Sci-fi, and I don't like mecha. Fantasy and magic FTW. I don't much care for guns either, and am all about swords. Combat mages who excel at both powerful spells and close quarters combat with either swords and/or magically enhanced fisticuffs are my favourite. Liking the look of that Ciel figure though, I gotta say. Though that sword is...something, lol.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; February 12th, 2023 at 06:40 PM.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

I agree that guns aren't too terribly interesting most of the time. You can only do so many cool tricks with them. There's a reason why Star Wars went with lightsabers after all, even if blasters exist.

She's waiting for the right moment(Princess Arc?) to show it off to Shiki so she can later give him a 40 minute infodump. Trust the plan.
    I thought P. Ciel's win quote against Red Arc was bullshit but I can see the dark thoughts crossing Nasu's mind.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Somebody needs to show Nasu&Takeuchi some Sisters of Battle kits. Now that is how you do battle-nuns in power armor.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    The lack of appreciation for Monster Hunter Kino is disappointing and baffling.

I feel bad for the monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    The lack of appreciation for Monster Hunter Kino is disappointing and baffling.
    Nah I like it. I had over 5k hours in world before Fatalis dropped so I loved that Kjarr Greatsword looking shit. Man, I miss Extremoth pre-Iceborne&claw. That fight was godlike especially solo. Few things were as rewarding as emote jumping the final meteor while everyone around you bit the dust just to save another run.