Page 51 of 486 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Arc looks significantly less curvy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Arc is too cute for me, she looks de-aged at least 5-7 years.
    Hair is hair, clothes are clothes - but remake Arcueid is no longer the innocent princess in an older woman's body. She's just. Young.
    I mourn the original Arcueid
    I wonder if this version will be as distinct and memorable.

Akiha is lovely as ever ~<3

Ciel I like a lot. That face I can totally imagine her "Tohno-kun!"
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    And I see they kept those awful sweatervests.
    I'm sitting typing in one of those (albeit blue). I have worn woollen jumpers for many years, and continue to do so even now school's over and done with. Thou shalt not insult them.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    It's sort of out of image, I think. Miniskirt does not exactly say semi-divine royalty.
    This is sort of what I think, but I can't quite put the differences into words. (As ever, this is not going to stop me trying. )

In contrast to an ankle-length skirt, it's harder to take miniskirted Arc seriously. And, while there are times when she's not meant to be taken seriously, that was easily put across by her attitude and actions then. Whereas her battle scenes or her exposition bits (especially about her own role and powers and past) are going to take some extra effort to convince me if she's in something mostly meant for sex appeal. Not that it can't be done (see Rin), but they are making more work for themselves, and it doesn't feel at all like an improvement, which I'd like a redesign to be.

So I think that's what I find out of image: how it just seems unfitted to serious moments generally, not just her TYPE-ness. (And you tend to want to focus on making sure your character is taken seriously when the situation calls for it, whereas - as Arc demonstrates - you tend to be able to convey silliness whatever they're dressed in).

Or, I dunno, something like that.

Thing is, I can imagine if this were the initial design, I'd be arguing the other way, with a different focus. Namely, that ankle-length skirt seems impractical as anything for the violent scenes Arc gets. How about I say that there was stuff which wasn't great about her first design, but I don't really think this one's any better?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Namely, that ankle-length skirt seems impractical as anything for the violent scenes Arc gets.
    Probably one of the biggest reasons I approve of the redesign skirt. Besides, she's in tights, not zettai ryouiki. Were she in that, we'd all be screaming fan service and be justified in our accusation.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That thread has simultaneously respawned my disgust for 4chan, and ripped away some of what little hope I have left for humanity.

Was still hilarious, though.
    The first time I was overwhelmed by anime cuteness
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post

Oh my God they look like adorable kittens I want to take them home with me!

Blog Entries
    Just give her bloody trousers, for goodness's sake.

(Oddly, enough, I'm not sure they fit with Arc's character either).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

This whole conversation about Arc's skirt length somehow reminds me of that one guy who showed up for a brief period of time to talk about the Tsukihime movie he was or was not planning, what Arc should wear was one of the things that came up as I recall.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Knee length skirt would be perfect. Why aren't there more knee length skirts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Knee length skirt would be perfect. Why aren't there more knee length skirts?
    Helps with the visual distinctiveness: less like Ciel/Satsuki/all the other schoolgirls.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    she should wear a space suit, I mean sh's from the moon and all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    remake Arcueid is no longer the innocent princess in an older woman's body.
    You're mourning the death of something that only ever existed in your head. :V
    Though it is kind of amusing how so many people have built up "clothes what Takeuchi thought were fashionable for a foreigner back in 1999" into some kind of cornerstone of Arc's personality.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Helps with the visual distinctiveness: less like Ciel/Satsuki/all the other schoolgirls.
    Mini skirts are visually different from mini skirts yet knee length skirts aren't? Is that what you just said? Because I think that's what you just said.

Blog Entries
    [Arc doesn't have a knee-length skirt here because it] helps with the visual distinctiveness: [she's] less like Ciel/Satsuki/all the other schoolgirls.

I thought the implications were reasonably obvious, since you'd asked about knee-length skirts whilst we were talking about Arc's new design.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    [Arc doesn't have a knee-length skirt here because it] helps with the visual distinctiveness: [she's] less like Ciel/Satsuki/all the other schoolgirls.

I thought the implications were reasonably obvious, since you'd asked about knee-length skirts whilst we were talking about Arc's new design.
    The implication was there, and that's what I was taking issue with. A straight knee-length skirt would be visually distinct from the, I don't know what the right term is, ruffled mini-skirt. Much more so than a straight mini-skirt is.
    Last edited by Kelnish; December 13th, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    The school skirt looks knee-length to me.

(Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    ... go back to page 45 or whatever and look at new ciel. In the mini-skirt. Why would we be talking about the old designs?

edit: the picture
    Last edited by Kelnish; December 13th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Point. Fair enough.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Or maybe Ciel just has really long thighs in that picture, because she does.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Dayum, Akiha looks awesome.
    I'm liking Ciel's redesign too, the original didn't do much for me. Also anything that covers up that horrible yellow uniform even partially is a good thing in my books.
    As for Arc, well, I'm not exactly a fan of miniskirts, but there are so many worse fashion trends she could have decided to follow, so it's all in the good.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu_Cake View Post
    Dayum, Akiha looks awesome.
    I'm liking Ciel's redesign too, the original didn't do much for me. Also anything that covers up that horrible yellow uniform even partially is a good thing in my books.
    As for Arc, well, I'm not exactly a fan of miniskirts, but there are so many worse fashion trends she could have decided to follow, so it's all in the good.
    Emo Goth Arc... *shrudders*

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "When I am all alone, I sometimes Marble Phantasm myself just to forget the pain..."
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

inb4 Tobias mentions we already got that with Archetype Earth.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」