Page 397 of 486 FirstFirst ... 297347387392395396397398399402407447 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Satsuki will get new VA, confirmed by Omi Minami (former Satsuki VA).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Unsurprising considering everyone else was recast.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    If I had to take a guess, it is so that he has more freedom with each property on its own. Having Tsuki seperate from Fate theoretically allows Nasu to introduce contradictory information/mechanics without having to worry too much about it. The division probably only exists in the first place cuz Nasu introduced some piece of lore somewhere that contradicted something in either Fate or Tsuki, so he just seperated them.
    The tone excuse doesn't really seem right with me either. KnK is a Fate world and it is tonally even farther away from Fate than Tsukihime is.

But now he's gotten himself into a bit of trouble cuz this will definitely collab with FGO and now he has to invent a BS excuse why Tsuki characters are running around in a Fate world, this alongside all of the other BS excuses the franchise has had come up with to infest everything with Servants.
    Where did you get it from that Nasu separated them because of contradictions he didn't see coming? Arcueid mentions in her route that Alaya is not working properly which is what allows vampires to run amock. Alaya being weak in tsukihime and strong in fate is the reason the worlds aren't the same and it makes sense in that context.

Also he doesn't need to contradict anything with an FGO collab when you can easily make people from other worlds and timelines pop up in the setting.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    The fact fans know FGO is shallow, how can anyone take any of those 3 seriously? FGO own universe is just a wall and them throwing shit on there. It's just a evil wish made if the holy grail was real.
    We're about 4 years past this phase. If anything, thematic coherence is FGO's strongest suit at this point.

Blog Entries
    That depends very much on what you mean.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean that at very least it's fully planned and almost every event can be later recognized as foreshadowing for a future chapter.

Blog Entries
    'foreshadowing' is not thematic coherence. at best it indicates the coherence of plot. the fact that things which happen in the story are teased - or, let's be frank, advertised - in advance says nothing about the capability of that story to coherently develop its thematic content (in the sense of e.g. moral worldview)
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I expressed myself very poorly with that. What I meant to say is that FGO's biggest idea is that good and evil are completely arbitrary labels thrown around to enable people to be quick to judge and discourage second chances and peaceful resolutions. Many of the main story villains, like Zetian, Abbigail, Altjuna, and of course, our supposed final boss Olga, are made antagonistic solely by their intolerance. Meanwhile, events ending with both sides of conflict going out on agreeable terms happen more often than not, most likely as a lower-scale version of how the Main Story's ending is prepared to play out. I definitely can't disagree that this trend is a product of the format, as you need to justify the event villain appearing in the gacha and becoming an ally in everything afterwards, but the fact that the Crypters, the character group most explicitly centered around the theme of second chances, are unplayable NPCs shows that they're also trying to build a story around that concept.

Blog Entries
    FGO's biggest idea is that good and evil are completely arbitrary labels thrown around to enable people to be quick to judge and discourage second chances and peaceful resolutions.
    This does not seem to me to be a theme that FGO has managed to express in a coherent manner; or rather, I do not agree that the theme of 'peaceful resolutions' has been developed substantially beyond what you yourself admit it to be, namely, a kludgy hack allowing them to trivially create antagonists and resolve them back into summonable pokemon. How does the 'arbitrariness' of good and evil get articulated in a setting which is increasingly reliant on a broader narrative of "Human Evils" that must be overcome in order to "Progress"?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mainly by establishing from the start (and recently reinforcing with a solid example in Heian) that people genuinely malicious towards humanity can't qualify as human evil. The Beast title can only applied to beings who care strongly about humanity's future but have shitty and harmful opinions about what's that supposed to look like. Aside from that, there's defeated Beasts becoming allies (III and IV) or mostly helpful neutral parties (I) afterwards, and the main cast's current stated goal being bringing the last Beast back to their side.

Blog Entries
    But that is precisely what I mean when I say that the theme has not been developed substantially, or rather that it remains on a basically superficial level: there is a moral outlook to the effect that "everyone deserves a second change" "all antagonisms can be reconciled" etc., but this outlook remains on the level of a kind of fairy-tale morality, a children's story, precisely because the plot from the outset is adamant that there are no "real" antagonisms, that everything "oppositional" to you is ultimately no different from you. The storyteller's thumb is on the scale, so to speak. There's no weight, or rather no moral seriousness, involved in portraying this kind of "reconciliatory" outlook - because there are not allowed to be any "serious" moral antagonisms in the first place. A "reconciliation" that consists of beating people up until they confess, tsundere-style, that they actually were on your/"humanity's" side all along, is a precisely childish kind of reconciliation, more so even than the Fate route of FSN involves the affirmation of a 'childish' kind of heroism.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, that's a point I agree. The argument here, at least on my side, was that FGO has been consistently proposing the same message since 2017 (or that the franchise as whole has been doing since a lot earlier, with the Sakura's plot in Heaven's Feel, Kotomine being motivated by labeling himself despite having harmless outlets to his sadism, and Angra Mainyu being just a guy everyone collectively decided to shit on), not that said message was brilliant or gracefully executed.

Blog Entries
    in the respect you mention FGO is doing nothing that FSN did not do far more comprehensively and elegantly 17 years ago. that speaks not so much to a 'consistency' of themes as to a stale repetition of them
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Namelesss;3106263]
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

That would require rewriting:
    -The Dantes drama CD
    -All of Sion's screentime in FGO
    -Half of Case Files

The fact fans know FGO is shallow, how can anyone take any of those 3 seriously? FGO own universe is just a wall and them throwing shit on there. It's just a evil wish made if the holy grail was real.
    Its less shallow, and more convulted in its execution of multiverse and parallel universe theory.
    Nasu writes with discussion in mind but while he seems to favor his universes having more splintering off, he doesn't seem to have a tight enough hold on where to assuredly draw the line or that even a line should be drawn in some places.
    To use a funny example, Rin has Zelretch's treasure box, does that mean she also had the Kaliedostick that could have been used the entire time. You might say to yourself that no, that was a joke scene in Hollow, but the lines between jokes/spinoffs and the like gets blurred often.
    The Nasuverse in general is a bucking bronco at this point, and Nasu has trouble rangling it. Not to even get into the bit about Psuedo Servant explanations.
    So the split between Alaya being weak and Alaya being strong is hokey given we have the Pruning Theoretical Phenomenon now. I can only think he would revise Tsuikihime's lore when it does come up, which it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Ok, I expressed myself very poorly with that. What I meant to say is that FGO's biggest idea is that good and evil are completely arbitrary labels thrown around to enable people to be quick to judge and discourage second chances and peaceful resolutions. Many of the main story villains, like Zetian, Abbigail, Altjuna, and of course, our supposed final boss Olga, are made antagonistic solely by their intolerance. Meanwhile, events ending with both sides of conflict going out on agreeable terms happen more often than not, most likely as a lower-scale version of how the Main Story's ending is prepared to play out. I definitely can't disagree that this trend is a product of the format, as you need to justify the event villain appearing in the gacha and becoming an ally in everything afterwards, but the fact that the Crypters, the character group most explicitly centered around the theme of second chances, are unplayable NPCs shows that they're also trying to build a story around that concept.

Isnt that a constant of the nasuverse, tought?

Tbh I feel like it has “narrative” coherence because fgo at this point kind of almost mindlessly repeats itself in terms of storybeats.

as far as the milquetoast attitude and flavor of Chaldea and Guda that has to accept everything and make everyone (with like two exceptions) good or accepting of others, even former enemies. One thing that FGO ends up lacking is a sense of a backbone or proper conviction tbh.

say what you will about the Tabula Rasa in the moon, they’ll still say Liz isn’t forgivable. To enjoy or accept everything is to not have any strong convictions or feelings in general, aka to be a pure vanilla man made simply to not offend.

Honestly the fact that the most we get of animosity between servants that should absolutely have animosity is a grrr I a bit mad don’t like lip service in bond lines is... Disappointing.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    For reference, justifying a Tsukihime collaboration with F/GO is laughably easy. They already did a Fate/Kaleido Prisma*Illya event where the justification was literally "characters from both settings got isekai'd into a third unrelated dimension"! Doing the same for Tsukihime would be trivial.

Or, you know, the classic "hey, we detected a singularity where something weird is happening" and then you rayshift in and the singularity is in the Tsukihime timeline (much like the Fate/Zero event was in an alternative timeline where there were four Fuyuki Holy Grail Wars, wow).

Or it could be an Ahnenerbe thing involving Neco-Arc. Or Magical Amber pulls something. Or it's literally just FGO Sion vs. Himalayan Castle Arcuied. The sky's the limit. Some collaboration events are more relevant to the overall plot than others.

We'll see how things work out in Golden Week next year, I guess.

I mean we already have MBBAA connecting the two, Sion in FGO, Arc should exist in all worlds regardless cuz she's a TA, not a DAA...

The list goes on, but the fact of the matter is that MBBAA implied the connection between the two ages ago so all that's missing is to just put it in FGO and with all the underlying stuff that's not exactly a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean Arc definitely doesn't exist in all timelines since she doesn't exist in KnK at a minimum. All that requires is that the other TA don't get bored and decide "Y'know what, I've got nothing to do today, let's build a Nuke" for the hell of it.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle CompositeGNFNR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Arc doesn't exist in KnK?