Page 428 of 486 FirstFirst ... 328378418423426427428429430433438478 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And then there's the Ciel route's noted need to have less overlap with with Arcueid's.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Could be faster, since nothing stops players from playing both routes in tandem. Unless they changed the gameplay and have Ciel's route locked until Arcueid's finished, which is plausible given that they're the only routes available in this one.
    They already stated that options that shift to the Ciel route will appear upon the completion of the Arc route.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Eh, it’s been stated that powerlevels have been adjusted to be on par with FGO, and Near is more straightforward and fight-based
    They did say that. I wonder if Dartz will show up if we get Arc flipping the AE switch.

I always thought old characters were already pretty hax. I wonder what kind of crazy buffs are going around.

I wonder what that means for Shiki though. He was already very impressive when he flipped his switch back in the original and the presence of bad ends means shit might get real.

I think it's more about making them as "flashy" as Fate characters rather than outright power level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    Someone will definitely fast forward through everything to grab and post all the CGs on release day for sure. The emergence of story summaries will depend on just how different things are in the end.
    Oh yeah, that's a given. I still remember looking at Mahoyo's CG at day 1 or 2, specifically
    Spoiler:
    Aoko vs Touko and Soujuurou vs Beo cgs
    ; the game was already on torrent by that moment, hayai.

Daily reminder that it's been almost ten years since Mahoyo, holy shit .

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    As much as I'd like to hold myself back I don't think I'll be able to do that for this one.
    I'll see all them CGs on first day for sure.
    burn your dread you coward

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Since there's a 99% chance it isn't going to be TL'd, I'll probably settle for people's half-arsed, half-correct summations of the JP version.

That, or somebody'll do a Youtube series that drops a twenty minute episode every two weeks and I'll be able to read it ~within the next ten years~.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    They already stated that options that shift to the Ciel route will appear upon the completion of the Arc route.
    Oh, okay then, I missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Since there's a 99% chance it isn't going to be TL'd, I'll probably settle for people's half-arsed, half-correct summations of the JP version.

That, or somebody'll do a Youtube series that drops a twenty minute episode every two weeks and I'll be able to read it ~within the next ten years~.
    Eager to wait for the latter. Hopefully this time around more people are interested in subbing them.

nevertheless, i dont expect a full translation in a year,
    some group might want to translate it but i can't see it getting fully TLed under a year

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I don't see it getting TL'ed in under 10 years.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by Seres View Post
    I think it's more about making them as "flashy" as Fate characters rather than outright power level stuff.
    It'd make sense, since most things in Tsukihime are still more impressive than most things in Fate, and Tsuki 2 and tsuki mats stuff has always been stronger than even Lostbelt stuff.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I don't see it getting TL'ed in under 10 years.
    surely the official tl won't take that long
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    It'd make sense, since most things in Tsukihime are still more impressive than most things in Fate, and Tsuki 2 and tsuki mats stuff has always been stronger than even Lostbelt stuff.
    Really? Tsuki is really, really not impressive on the action department (it's mostly Shiki trying to get close enough to a wolf or a Dead to stab It) and the powerlevel are mostly implied or talked about.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, weren't all the Tsuki fans crying for going back to their dear small scale, low stakes, urban fantasy setting? Now suddenly "most things in Tsukihime are still more impressive than most things in Fate, and Tsuki 2 and tsuki mats stuff has always been stronger than even Lostbelt stuff"?
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

And then he goes and kills a super thousands of years old vampire in another moment when he's not eaten by hotel sharks.

In the same vein Tsuki Arcueid is kind of like Saber in Fate. The strongest, but heavily nerfed and in less than ideal circumstances. Although you can say the same of Roa too.

It's not flashy or destructive, but the potential that can/will be realized in the cast, and their powers are way spookier than anything in Fate is another way to look at it.

Honestly, beyond heat leeching and absorption stuff, Akiha being able to even tie down Arcueid if she has a maid acting as an amp is pretty scary considering she could get way stronger as a half-blood too...

Melty Blood is another level with Sion's potential too after Melty Blood, what with the Dust being an example.

I guess in a way as you say it's mainly talked about or implied, but that's no different from say, saying that Gilgamesh is overpowered and the strongest heroic spirit because of the nature of what he is and what Gate of Bablyon is, even if we'll never see a hundredth of his potential shown of or even a fraction of what's in there explained.

-

*Edit*

I don't think that a smaller scale/more personal story is incompatible with wilder powers. If anything I think the original Tsukihime and Fate Stay Night show that off pretty well. Whether it's restraint on the power, or the focus of the actual story...

Well, ironically F/GO is larger in scale, but really it's just made the world seem smaller if you ask me. The stakes are high, but the scale is mainly told to you, rather than something you genuinely experience or is explored or used.

This whole discussion seems very silly to me. Akiha? Really? It's like that silly doujin where Shiki kills Herakles.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    This whole discussion seems very silly to me. Akiha? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami
    During the last day of the Kohaku route, the reason Shiki couldn't escape from the school building was because the school building itself had been totally covered by Akiha's Origami.
    Against normal people with no spiritual defenses, this is an absolute method of attack, but against somebody like Arcueid whose spiritual rank is on a whole other level, it would merely be a hindrance similar to the world being filled with spider webs. Though, with backup from a sympath it might be able to actually tie her down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiha mats
    In one of the routes, she ended up inverting and demonstrating her power to its fullest extent. That dreadful form, with its fluttering vermilion hair, is probably capable of exceeding even a rampaging Arcueid.
    The flat-chested Giraffe has always been scary even outside of being a Melty Blood Giant boss. Sasuga top of the line halfblood with more potential than Kouma.

Although her chest may not get bigger, she'll always get scarier if she "eats" the right (or rather wrong?) people too.

Sure dude, whatever you say.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    surely the official tl won't take that long
    It’s never getting an official English release. The entirety of the English-speaking world is a far, far smaller market for VNs than Japan alone, and translation costs would make Aniplex go even deeper in the red, especially considering it’s a text-based game. This forum would inevitably hate the translation if it happened anyway

US Friend Code
    I don't think it's likely either, but it's definitely likelier than it would have been just a few years ago with FGO helping to expand the western TM market.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't think it's likely either, but it's definitely likelier than it would have been just a few years ago with FGO helping to expand the western TM market.
    This is my take on it. In any case, Nasu and TM are really trying hard to make the Tsuki:Re more "mainstream" than the original and make it feel bigger/more marketable for sequels and spinoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    The (a bit) unfortunate truth of Type-Moon after Fate/Zero. Props to them for seizing the chance, but the underground, early-2000's feel, the experience of days I never lived, doesn't seem to hold on to the newer stuff.
    And I don't really care, I'd just like Takeuchi to go back to drawing bangs the old way that doesn't make Ciel look like Blue Mash or Arcueid like yet another Jeanne.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad