Page 440 of 486 FirstFirst ... 340390430435438439440441442445450 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    They would but some stuff looks a little... idk how to explain it TBH. You can see something similar in how the UI for Lumina is 720p like how UNIST's was, despite it being 2021

I'm pretty sure Tsukihime will be at least 1080, a lot of modern VNs are in 1080p (or even higher sometimes) and they are still smaller than 10GB in almost all cases (the largest VN I've played was Senshinkan (~12GB)).
    I guess either there will be A LOT of CGs, some sort of inside videos (that's one of the reasons Senshinkan is so big) or they decided to compress voices less (usually voices in VNs are compressed with very small bitrate - ~100kbps or less).

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    How big is Rance X, actually? That might be the best comparison in terms of pitch. Plus it has gameplay and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

granted, even today it is considered poor form to have basically any game be over 40GB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Also, no idea where arai got this from, but
    Reincarnation
    転生 - Tensei

The transference of one's soul into another person while obtaining full control of that body, unlike normal consciousness transference into something with a soul where the control of the body is still held by the soul of the host body. Transfering one's soul into another person that possesses parts of the same soul (related by soul DNA, is the best way to put it). Normally has to start from scratch as a baby. Only a few have been successful at using this, and even so, it's not so much as reincarnation as it is the copying and copying of an inferior version of oneself as there's no guarantee that the reincarnated child will be just as capable as the individual.

The ability to transfer one's consciousness completely (as in having complete control) onto a familiar with a soul falls within reincarnation.

???
    A ritual allowing for spiritual possession by one's former incarnation to gain experience and abilities from one's past life. Details unknown. Probably similar to Roa's power. Apparently the reason for Shirou's "level-up"/synchronization with Archer during UBW.

(from the 'Spells' page in the old fuyuki wiki)
    mad helpful to read this on a sonichu forum 23516 years after the actual novel came out
    Though, I guess I should have read that alongside everything else on fuyuki wiki back in MM days, so that's on me.

That reminds me I'm not sure which has the better device for exploring character backstories of the bonus discs, whether KT (everyone sharing a collective dream world) or Hollow, where NotShirou just goes around asking people around stuff
    Last edited by Ratman; July 30th, 2021 at 09:29 PM.

How big is Rance X, actually? That might be the best comparison in terms of pitch. Plus it has gameplay and stuff.
    Rance X doesn't have voices, so it's relativity small (~4GB).

Blog Entries
    I think, or at least hope, they're adding a lot of animations in.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

that's gonna take a while to download

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    40GB will be easy to make space for.

You know... I've waited so long for this the fact it is actually happening still bamboozles me even now...
    burn your dread you coward

I'm still flabbergasted myself.

It's so close I can almost taste it

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    1080p?

it has to be at least 4k with nasu saying stupid bs like "no pc release because small screen"
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    1080p?

it has to be at least 4k with nasu saying stupid bs like "no pc release because small screen"
    But muh Switch lol.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Switch in docked can output 1080p.

As for the pc thing, I really doubt Nasu would actually believe shit like pc = small screen. Man's a gamer too, he knows what the master race is all about. Likely the decision was made to both distance the brand from its eroge origins and making piracy harder, then he covered it up with something like "muh hubris" cuz self-deprication = funny.

That's me projecting obviously but the TV I play my PS4 on is about the same size as my monitor, plus you can easily connect a pc to a TV. Plus Switch is portable so literally the game WILL be run on an even smaller screen. So that line is nothing but shit. I seriously have a hard time buying that Nasu would believe something that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Switch in docked can output 1080p.

As for the pc thing, I really doubt Nasu would actually believe shit like pc = small screen. Man's a gamer too, he knows what the master race is all about. Likely the decision was made to both distance the brand from its eroge origins and making piracy harder, then he covered it up with something like "muh hubris" cuz self-deprication = funny.

That's me projecting obviously but the TV I play my PS4 on is about the same size as my monitor, plus you can easily connect a pc to a TV. Plus Switch is portable so literally the game WILL be run on an even smaller screen. So that line is nothing but shit. I seriously have a hard time buying that Nasu would believe something that stupid.
    Muh switch is why Nasu reasoning is a joke. It's a tiny screen with no native 4k so lol even if they connect to a tv. I can only imagine that the reason for console only is to cut out piracy somewhat. I mean you can pirate anyway but it's not as accessible.

Shit doesn't explain the 40 gigs though. Switch can't even handle that without an SD card. I wonder if it's got a lot of animation or movies on top of uncompressed audio.
    Last edited by Nanaya; August 2nd, 2021 at 09:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    So far I haven't seen a digital release prepared for this. As in, you actually cannot pre-order this digitally.
    With physical releases the only space occupied on the Switch itself is just from update patches. The Switch can run the game directly off the card.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    So far I haven't seen a digital release prepared for this. As in, you actually cannot pre-order this digitally.
    With physical releases the only space occupied on the Switch itself is just from update patches. The Switch can run the game directly off the card.
    It's mind blowing if there is no digital release. I didn't even realize that.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Eh, digital releases are a ripoff anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The next stream is scheduled to late August, so it should happen either on the release day or the day before it.
    release date, maybe

they're introducing Noel and Mario for now

Seems that Noel is a PE and english teacher. How original.
    Last edited by Crown; August 7th, 2021 at 12:40 AM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Noel was Taiga all along.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    kinda weird coincidence Ayane Sakura has been voicing TM characters with capital M (Medb, Musashi and Mario).

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Does Nasu have a thing for English teachers? Also, will Noelle mostly be a joke character or comic relief like Taiga is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself