Page 398 of 486 FirstFirst ... 298348388393396397398399400403408448 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean Arc definitely doesn't exist in all timelines since she doesn't exist in KnK at a minimum. All that requires is that the other TA don't get bored and decide "Y'know what, I've got nothing to do today, let's build a Nuke" for the hell of it.
    Arc still exists in KnK, she is just sleeping like the other TAs, so Touko pursues her normal way of reaching the Root.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean Arc definitely doesn't exist in all timelines since she doesn't exist in KnK at a minimum. All that requires is that the other TA don't get bored and decide "Y'know what, I've got nothing to do today, let's build a Nuke" for the hell of it.
    Wait didn't the TAs build her cuz of CM or something?
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Arcueid had already appeared in EXTRA and there were a few crossovers with that timeline already.

Also, I am pretty sure that most of the antagonists of part 2.0. didn't actually become part of Chaldea as their summonable versions are "normal" HS counterparts wearing the "distorted" forms.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; January 24th, 2021 at 06:43 PM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Tbh I feel like it has “narrative” coherence because fgo at this point kind of almost mindlessly repeats itself in terms of storybeats.

as far as the milquetoast attitude and flavor of Chaldea and Guda that has to accept everything and make everyone (with like two exceptions) good or accepting of others, even former enemies. One thing that FGO ends up lacking is a sense of a backbone or proper conviction tbh.

say what you will about the Tabula Rasa in the moon, they’ll still say Liz isn’t forgivable. To enjoy or accept everything is to not have any strong convictions or feelings in general, aka to be a pure vanilla man made simply to not offend.

Honestly the fact that the most we get of animosity between servants that should absolutely have animosity is a grrr I a bit mad don’t like lip service in bond lines is... Disappointing.
    I can see why the world is like that though. With how callous and unfair the pruning ends up being, you've got more than enough people getting cut down and with how things go, if you weren't at least a little bit accepting and willing to bend, you'd just be some callous mofo at the end of the day.
    I mean we are basically at this point crushing civilizations, but that doesn't mean we have to grind people beneath our heel, the universe itself is cruel enough as it is, honestly.
    Who exactly shouldn't we forgive? The Beasts we end up recruiting are essentially our slaves, to be blunt. And if they did cause some issues, we have a veritable army to put them down again if need be, and considering problems like Kiara have grown so much we might not be able to permanently kill them, having them close by is better than having them scheme elsewhere imo.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Menwearpink;3106318]Tbh I feel like it has “narrative” coherence because fgo at this point kind of almost mindlessly repeats itself in terms of storybeats.

One thing that FGO ends up lacking is a sense of a backbone or proper conviction tbh.

That's because it's a gacha and it has limits while also catering to the gacha players.

For reference, justifying a Tsukihime collaboration with F/GO is laughably easy.

Exactly, whatever justification they're going to do, it doesn't matter if the gacha players whale for these new variation of Tsukihime characters because they'll be waifus. I wouldn't even be surprised when Arc comes, she'll be the number one grail of the year.

I don't know want to keep discussing nonsense fgo on this thread.

There should be a FGO rant thread for discussions like these.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Funny little crossovers are funny.

Don't think about it too hard or don't try to like think of it as justified in the end.

Most of the criticism about FGO's story from thematic to plot etc could basically be most blamed on the fact that Ritsuka Fujimaru is (even if Nasu tried in Lostbelt) still mostly made out of cardboard with a big [SELF INSERT] written on it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    The reason I bring it up is because I don't like Nasu making new universes when it's not needed. Like why exactly is fate zero a separate universe than FSN? It's supposed to be a prequal that explains events that are mentioned but never explianed in FSN, as well as solidifying shiou character motivations even further. Saying after the fact that it's not really the same universe is just trolling. Like what is the point?

Tsukimhime is the same way. It takes place at a different time and place as FSN. Nothing from FSN is in tsukihime so one event shouldn't be able to effect the other or cause it to happen differently.
    That would require rewriting:
    -The Dantes drama CD
    -All of Sion's screentime in FGO
    -Half of Case Files
    I feel that some of this can be resolved. The Edmond Dantes thing can by making up a bullshit way for Roa to return.
    I don't know enough about Sion or Case Files to really know what the problem is.

The main point is it's just goes down better if it can be make into one timeline. I understand when they have a crazy idea like Requiem that goes against everything thats established. But things like FZ, FSN, FSF, and Case files should be in the same timeline. The fact that they are not is just bad planning and writing.

IT was never a needed prequel that explains events or anything really. Nor does it truly solidify character motivations further.

It's references in f/sn turned into a story because people/urobuchi wanted it. F/SN ultimately doesn't change whether or not F/Z exists.

Separate universes used to exist to smooth over incongruities between works because the appearance of a consistent setting was important to the workings of the fictional world. Differences could be resolved because they fundamentally occupied the same narrative spaces and followed the same logic.

Separate universes now exist to partition alternative works because the appearance of a consistent setting can only be sustained on the level of the fictional world's basic rules. Differences cannot be resolved because they fundamentally occupy different narrative spaces and follow their own logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, AUs is what you resort to when your story requires a systemic overhaul of a highly systematised setting.

It's a good thing. Functionally a built-in mechanism for ignoring things you don't like.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The main point is it's just goes down better if it can be make into one timeline. I understand when they have a crazy idea like Requiem that goes against everything thats established. But things like FZ, FSN, FSF, and Case files should be in the same timeline. The fact that they are not is just bad planning and writing.
    Creating the same timeline with FSN involved is quite tricky imo, what with branched story and different resolution. For example, Shirou in HF ending no longer has his original body, while in the other two he survived with his body intact. And he doesn't pursue his ideal anymore, creating more paths that don't cause him to end up as hero of justice. Which route does Case Files follow? or FSF?

Personal anecdote: back in the day I actually was mildly surprised to learn that Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are supposed to be part of the same meta-universe. It definitely felt like their worlds didn't quite "fit" together. Not sure why but perhaps some notion of them being distinct timelines already existed when.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; January 25th, 2021 at 12:40 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Zero – volume one – postface – Nasu Kinoko
    Those readers who thought Fate/stay night “should have more than blood, tears and tragic endings,” this is for you! This is the true “Heaven’s Feel,” with the battle for survival as its essence!

This is Emiya Kiritsugu’s other side that was never mentioned until now and unknown by others.

This is the fourth Heaven’s Feel that’s never been completely described until now.

Be them the magi on the stage or their Servants; they are all boss level characters, and between them a cruel and merciless battle of elimination will be conducted.

Yes. Zero is canon, but at the same time it is another legend different from Fate/stay night.

If we have to define it, it’s an extra part spun out of the canon story. It’s a unique leaf of a melody that Urobuchi Gen conducted from a completely Fate trunk. Here, you don’t have to consider the content of the Fate/stay night game. Only move the story according to your wishes, let the characters shown portray themselves to the fullest and rush towards the ending without regret.

That kind of galloping sentiment. I really want to reminisce of the contract interwoven with hope and despair, and wait for the duel between Emiya Kiritsugu and “that man” in his destiny at the same time.
    This should be enough for people to understand why Nasu doesn't mind AUs. Not really sure how this indicates bad writing or planning.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Also, I am pretty sure that most of the antagonists of part 2.0. didn't actually become part of Chaldea as their summonable versions are "normal" HS counterparts wearing the "distorted" forms.
    Look, creating new assets costs money, it's easier to just repurpose the existing ones!

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Look, creating new assets costs money, it's easier to just repurpose the existing ones!
    That doesn't bother me (in general; I am still somewhat salty about not seeing a "proper" version of Ivan IV any time soon), just pointing out that Chaldea actually eliminated quite a numbet of people for the sake of their timeline.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Basically, AUs is what you resort to when your story requires a systemic overhaul of a highly systematised setting.

It's a good thing. Functionally a built-in mechanism for ignoring things you don't like.
    As long as it doesn't result in us getting a stuck in a a loop of harmonizing all the AU together and then splitting them off again every other year like DC does with the Crisis/52. Though given TM's story output these past few years, it would probably take them a decade to get through a single cycle.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    That's because it's a gacha and it has limits while also catering to the gacha players.

For reference, justifying a Tsukihime collaboration with F/GO is laughably easy.

Exactly, whatever justification they're going to do, it doesn't matter if the gacha players whale for these new variation of Tsukihime characters because they'll be waifus. I wouldn't even be surprised when Arc comes, she'll be the number one grail of the year.

I don't know want to keep discussing nonsense fgo on this thread.

There should be a FGO rant thread for discussions like these.
    please learn from this guy before acting like purist

also those gacha players include Kinoko and other TM staff, majority of FSN and other Fate works VA.

Rie Tanaka loves Kiara so much she made gacha video while cosplaying as her.

even Yuki Kajiura plays FGO.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; January 25th, 2021 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    so?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    why blame FGO whales now? what is wrong with ppl whaling for Tsukihime characters?

Blog Entries
    nothing that's not wrong with whaling in general tbh
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty