Page 340 of 486 FirstFirst ... 240290330335338339340341342345350390440 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    are we talking about the same guys that made their games R18 exclusively to sell more?
    "H-Haha yeah no I remember the stuff I wrote back then, the err questionable content was strictly an uh appeal to the market, I totally wouldn't have written ANY of that otherwise"

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I don't like FGO as a game or its business model, but in many ways it's a natural evolution
    Well, yes, I agree, this was always coming for the same reasons that the Remake was always an empty promise after a more profitable avenue was discovered. However, I think we would agree that there is an integrity in works whose success requires a certain quality of writing, even if Nasu wasn't the Good Pal Who Only Writes Good Things that we imagined him as, rather than in money-printing machines which massively profit regardless.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    looking at several VN companies closing off recently I can't say the same thing.

if you think old TM was better because back then Kinoko can write whatever he want without caring about reader's so called opinions. even now Takeuchi prevents him from reading any social media.

yes old days were simple because if you don't like what you read you just leave it, not ranting on social media.

now look what happen when they had to hear those opinions.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; May 12th, 2020 at 04:41 AM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    only well-adjusted people can handle releasing content into the wild, but it turns out the best stuff is made by kooks
    don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I got into T-M with the release of the full FSN eng patch in... 2008(?), I did FSN, tsuki and kagetsu tohya back to back. Then a year later i replayed FSN with the new RN CG patch. I had seen the DEEN anime but it didnt really grab me and i hated shirou in it (in DEENS defense im not a fan of fate shirou in the VN either)

Are we talking about the same guys that made their games R18 exclusively to sell more?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like FGO as a game or its business model, but in many ways it's a natural evolution

in fact I wouldn't mind FGO's existence at all if TM had an actual non-FGO output, but that well had dried up long before FGO - it seems the creators just want to enjoy life and aren't especially motivated.
    Please dont compare eroge with gacha games. There are (or at least were) a lot of ambitious and experimental writers doing really cool stuff with the medium. It isnt a really lucrative medium income-wise, nobody is in it because they wanna get rich fast. But despite their low sales, they were culturally important and people took their storytelling seriously enough that certain big names were even covered in literary magazines.

I do agree 100% that if FGO was something you could just ignore while just consuming the good stuff, I'd be much more positive about it, but the over-centralization of the company on this shit ass game is so damn frustrating. I keep trying to cling to the hope that the bloodmoney from FGO would get funneled to the good T-M but we're 5 years into FGO and no sign of anything happening
    Last edited by weeblord; May 12th, 2020 at 05:37 AM.

FGO is not indie game it's obvious TM won't get all the money.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    they've got the worst contract in history if their cut out of FOUR BILLION DOLLARS is not enough.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    even now Takeuchi prevents him from reading any social media
    Err, doesn't Nasu read feedback and chatter? He said so himself about how negative feedback hurts and that he wants people to stick around to see the old TM in FGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Err, doesn't Nasu read feedback and chatter? He said so himself about how negative feedback hurts and that he wants people to stick around to see the old TM in FGO.
    Kinoko isn't allowed to have twitter and other social media account.

I guess feedback like FGO survey is not considered as social media.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'd ask the older Tsukihime crew what they feel like, but I think they've all been mummified by now, and necromancy is not my forte.
    Every year on Christmas, when the midnight mass ends, Kanshou sends the grandchildren to bed and softly weeps in the kitchen, as it is now the anniversary of that one post made at 26/12/2005 by kj1980.

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    I remember joking with a friend that we'd graduate from university before the remake was released, can't say I'm surprised.
    I was barely into high school when the remake was originally announced.

I am now way past college and we still have NOTHING.

It hurts

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I'm not so unsympathetic to what AmADo is saying; obviously they want to eat

But with this, it's clear they understand what they're doing, in pursuit of what's profitable. And that sucks for telling great stories.

It's just strange to see in comparison to Cygames. For them it was a means to an end; here, the GO model is just so all encompassing it's suffocating, the end to all ends.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    I do agree 100% that if FGO was something you could just ignore while just consuming the good stuff, I'd be much more positive about it, but the over-centralization of the company on this shit ass game is so damn frustrating. I keep trying to cling to the hope that the bloodmoney from FGO would get funneled to the good T-M but we're 5 years into FGO and no sign of anything happening
    So much this. Thank god there's Case Files and Strange Fake, for now.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Kinoko isn't allowed to have twitter and other social media account.

I guess feedback like FGO survey is not considered as social media.
    But a recent entry on the Bamboo Broom diary implies he reads Twitter though. So he must at least lurk around even if he doesn't have an account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    But a recent entry on the Bamboo Broom diary implies he reads Twitter though. So he must at least lurk around even if he doesn't have an account.
    Wonder if he read the reception Olympus got

Quote Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
    what Kinoko feels when readers only cares about his part and blame everything to his co writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
    It was bad? As far I have seen the overall reception was that it was alright, with the last chapters being pretty good.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The big spike in Kirschtaria fanart still haven't subdued to this day. That's a huge sign of good reception to me.

Most of the other characters barely got any fanart. From what I've seen on twitter a lot of people were meh on most of the chapter and only really liked the final parts.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    It was bad? As far I have seen the overall reception was that it was alright, with the last chapters being pretty good.
    Kirschtaria's reception was great. Rest of the chapter was not. At least from what I've seen.

It's less that people dislike the chapter, and more that it didn't live up to their expectations after Atlantis. Pretty different things, really. Also not to mention that the vocal group on twitter and social media is not at all representative of the other millions of people who play the game and don't say anything, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.