Page 339 of 486 FirstFirst ... 239289329334337338339340341344349389439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 9720

Thread: Tsukihime Remake Thread - NOT THE SPOILER THREAD

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    It's not an uncommon take that the entire medium peaked with mahoyo, visuals wise. The reason why mahoyo took forever was iirc because of how long it took to make it look the way it does, and Type-moon is in the unique position of simply having the freedom to work on a single mid length VN for years. They dont have that urgent need to make money with it since they have so many alternative income sources. I'm sure tsukihimes unforgivably slow progress is, at least partially, due to this same issue but even worse because of its size. Tsukihime script is 64k lines & 3MB, Mahoyo is 23k lines & 1.24 MB. There's a lot more scenes to give that polish.

of course my pessimist nature tells me the main reason is simply that type moon is completely unenthusiastic about anything not involving servants.
    Yeah, I've seen some Mahoyo scenes and they are absolutely gorgeous. Sometimes I prefer to reamin optimistic, and go on my merry way thinking that Tsuki R will be released, and it will be even more beautiful.

Sometimes I take a good, hard look at reality and see what a fool I am, but hey, hope is nothing if not a sweet, fragrant nectar.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Nasu needs it out for that FGO collab. Theyre running out of major Fate stuff to collab with.

But then again they might just greenlight 5 new fate spinoffs instead to win 5 more years of collabs.

Blog Entries
    Well, they have Requiem in the works, Last Encore already, there's multiple Rakkyo movies beyond just Mobius Spiral, more Prillya the could mess with, Cooking, Hollow (Avenger up, plz) Extella, more Case Files, Strange Fake...

And they can keep churning out myth events like Onigashima, or more Servant Universe stuff...

I think they still have a lot of material, on top of the usual holiday fare.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Maybe it was too bold of me to assume they wouldnt run repeats on the yearly golden week collab.

Blog Entries
    Imo, probably. FGO is a moneymaker first and foremost. Any banner they can get people to whale on, they'll repeat. It may take a couple years, but it'll come back. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up for debate.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

After that evident mention to Aoko in FGO Material, I kind of expect a Mahoyo one at one point. It would also work pretty well because Koyama girls always do pretty well in FGO.
    Last edited by yokushi; May 11th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mmm, that reminds me. He's also got more options for a Prototype crossover. Maybe even a Canaan, though there's more licensing issues there. Or hell, even a Zvezda. My personal worry is that we start seeing FGO "crossovers" instead of the main works, going forward. In essence, using FGO as a platform to springboard larger plots and works.

Imagine for example, what would happen if at the end of the LB mess, Nasu somehow preserves the LB timelines as AU's, canonically, creating a bunch of new, weird alternate timelines for his other authors to fanfic in and produce new anime from. Then he does that with things like Fire Girl. And Tsuki R. And Tsuki 2. Or worse, goes back and makes Tsuki the result of a Lostbelt timeline, hence the widespread presence of DA's and the overall decline of humanity they represent.

Hell, I can see him somehow converting the Alien God into a canon AU factory that gives a huge amount of freedom to the collective at the expense of an even semi-coherent setting.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    I think that's an unrealistic worry.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. It's still just something on my mind.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not unrealistic at all. Well, the stuff about Lostbelts staying is, but there rest really isn't.

They've already been using FGO for sequels to existing works.

Blog Entries
    Tbh, I would have said Apoc was an unrealistic idea until it was a thing, since it's basically Ok'd fanfiction. The LBs staying is actually what I feel would be the least remarkable thing. There's too much opportunity for creating new AUs, and with them, spinoffs TM can milk, for them not to consider it.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    After that evident mention to Aoko in FGO Material, I kind of expect a Mahoyo one at one point. It would also work pretty well because Koyama girls always do pretty well in FGO.
    in part 1,5 PV Holmes revealed the name of Goetia's plan and it's exactly same as Aoko's last Arc in Melty Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Tbh, I would have said Apoc was an unrealistic idea until it was a thing, since it's basically Ok'd fanfiction. The LBs staying is actually what I feel would be the least remarkable thing. There's too much opportunity for creating new AUs, and with them, spinoffs TM can milk, for them not to consider it.
    Everything about current state of Type-moon wouldve sounded absolutely ridiculous 10 years ago. Some of it in a good way, a lot of it in a bad way.

I wonder what it looks like in 2030.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Everything about current state of Type-moon wouldve sounded absolutely ridiculous 10 years ago. Some of it in a good way, a lot of it in a bad way.

I wonder what it looks like in 2030.
    10 years ago? That was Fate Extra... then soon after Zero anime and Carnival Phantasm. Also Mahoyo and Remake delay memes. Also we were waiting for the
    Blatant Lies
    "next worlds of type moon"

wow

already 10 years

i need a drink
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 12th, 2020 at 03:54 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    10 years ago? That was Fate Zero anime, Fate Extra, Carnival Phantasm, Mahoyo delays...

wow

already 10 years

i need a drink
    Make it stop. I have only been into TM for something like ten/eleven years, I still remember when EXTRA was something fresh or how we only had to say Caster or Zero Caster. KnK movies being a beacon of TM anime, downloading bloated pictures of artbooks from sumisora, etc. Life was much simpler back then. I wonder what those people that have been around for nearly twenty years think of TM now.

I remember joking with a friend that we'd graduate from university before the remake was released, can't say I'm surprised.
    Last edited by Crown; May 12th, 2020 at 03:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    I started somewhere between FHA release and Deen FSN anime, so about 15 years.

Now the world seems alien and strange, the youngsters sneer at me with their polymer trenchcoats and their outlandish hairdos and their overpowering libidos

I'd ask the older Tsukihime crew what they feel like, but I think they've all been mummified by now, and necromancy is not my forte.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 12th, 2020 at 04:00 AM.
    don't quote me on this

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    some OG fans still enjoy it and even became Kinoko's co writer.

it's hypocrite to think a company can survive without money, FGO was success bet and it actually gave chance to Tsuki R.

Type-Moon was plenty successful before it signed off its soul and integrity to virtual gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I started somewhere between FHA release and Deen FSN anime, so about 15 years.
    Sounds comfy. Here's to the next ten years.

Blog Entries
    Just give me a sec, I've got a bottle of Porto I was saving for a special occasion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Type-Moon was plenty successful before it signed off its soul and integrity to virtual gambling.
    Are we talking about the same guys that made their games R18 exclusively to sell more?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like FGO as a game or its business model, but in many ways it's a natural evolution

in fact I wouldn't mind FGO's existence at all if TM had an actual non-FGO output, but that well had dried up long before FGO - it seems the creators just want to enjoy life and aren't especially motivated.

peacing out >o<
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 12th, 2020 at 04:13 AM.
    don't quote me on this