Page 384 of 397 FirstFirst ... 284334374379382383384385386389394 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 7929

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by shounen jump View Post
    If by context you mean how/why would the Servants be involved with Shirou/Nanoha&co...well it's a snippet. Half of the snippets here couldn't exist if you needed them to make sense. If by context what would they be doing...bikini contest against the Aces?
    I'll be honest. I got the taste for a beach episode after i saw Assassin-Scathach.
    But aren't a lot of the Beach Servants ones not found in FSN? Or would it be that the Grail War Shirou & co were in for this was a little different?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle shounen jump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    But aren't a lot of the Beach Servants ones not found in FSN? Or would it be that the Grail War Shirou & co were in for this was a little different?
    1. So what if there not found in FSN? You can still have them intermingle in this thread. If you where writing a serious story then yeah you'd need to justify it, but this would be a snippet. People just need to be able to have enjoy it.
    2. Holy Grail War Bikini contest. The winner either gets the Grail or Shirou.

---update----
    ... ... ... ...Damn it. In trying to answer your questions i was forced to think seriously. Now i think the bikini contest, and the snippet in general, is ridicules. My fanservise has been ruined.
    Last edited by shounen jump; August 20th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

How was either the bikini snippet or the snippet in general ruined?

US Friend Code
    He's trying to put a generally silly event into a serious situation.
    ... Does anyone remember this thread: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-input-welcome ?

So, according to D&D's alignment check, I'm a True Neutral. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by zhead View Post
    Well that's not good! You need to put a silly event into a silly situation.

What Servants would participate in the bikini contest, considering he mentioned FGO?

US Friend Code
    In FGO, the beach servants are Arturia, Casko, the lesbian pirates, Martha the Yankee, Marie, Scathach, and Mordy.
    With a few others in CEs and stuff.
    ... Does anyone remember this thread: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-input-welcome ?

So, according to D&D's alignment check, I'm a True Neutral. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by zhead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Well that's not good! You need to put a silly event into a silly situation.

What Servants would participate in the bikini contest, considering he mentioned FGO?
    Actually it was because inwas trying to be silly but the questions asked made me think seriously. So the silly idea's died.

Well ViVid Strike's trailer is out.

Yet we still have no real idea what it's about other then it's the standard "powerless wants power to never loose anything important to them", and that this isn't the the canon vivid, since a couple of those guys had guns.

JP Friend Code
    Guns do exist on TSAB planets. It's just that the TSAB never uses them (well there are exceptions as noted in the sound stages)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert10 View Post
    Guns do exist on TSAB planets. It's just that the TSAB never uses them (well there are exceptions as noted in the sound stages)
    But i though guns, and other kinetic weapons, were banned. The only gun i know of in the TSAB was essentially a Device that could fire bullets.

JP Friend Code
    But i though guns, and other kinetic weapons, were banned. The only gun i know of in the TSAB was essentially a Device that could fire bullets.
    Guns are banned in some countries in the world as well but do they suddenly cease to exist especially when it concerns criminals.

Guns are banned in some countries in the world as well but do they suddenly cease to exist especially when it concerns criminals.
    But our world relies on guns and therefor needs to make a lot of them. The TSAB doesn't want or need them. So there is no way for criminals in the normal Nanoha canon to gain them. ...Well, okay they could smuggle but seeing as how Devices are the norm they'd wouldn't be all that helpful. So what would be the point normally? Little reword great risk.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So two and a half easy kind of explanations for the gun. A and B are basically the same so one of them count as a 'half'

A: It's a gun. Criminals can get them and something something low magic, something something no access to a device. It's honestly the weakest argument.

B: The writers are lazy and/or did not really pay attention to the whole, Mid Childa does not like kinetic weapons and just gave them guns for the easy, "Oh I'm a martial artist and they pulled a gun on me" route.

C: It's not on Mid Childa. Admittedly, I haven't paid that much attention to Vivid, but do we even know that the story starts there? For all we know, she just happens to have Magic and gets relegated to magic world because of something something news story with girl with glowing fist fights off an entire gang of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    So two and a half easy kind of explanations for the gun. A and B are basically the same so one of them count as a 'half'

A: It's a gun. Criminals can get them and something something low magic, something something no access to a device. It's honestly the weakest argument.

B: The writers are lazy and/or did not really pay attention to the whole, Mid Childa does not like kinetic weapons and just gave them guns for the easy, "Oh I'm a martial artist and they pulled a gun on me" route.

C: It's not on Mid Childa. Admittedly, I haven't paid that much attention to Vivid, but do we even know that the story starts there? For all we know, she just happens to have Magic and gets relegated to magic world because of something something news story with girl with glowing fist fights off an entire gang of idiots.
    A. Just because it's weak doesn't mean it effective. They're criminals, if there's something banned there's someone who wants it, so there are people who will sell it.
    B. Point.
    C. Very good point.
    ...This being canon does bring up another interesting question. Is Force canon? I mean it was cancelled so...

I want to add one question. How common is Barrrier jackets when you're not working for TSAB? Without this, you;re vulnerable

JP Friend Code
    ...This being canon does bring up another interesting question. Is Force canon? I mean it was cancelled so...
    Nanoha is a multiverse so anything officially made can be argued to be canon much like Typemoon.
    Also Force was never officially cancelled only on an "indefinite hiatus" so yes it's still canon but people like to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post
    I want to add one question. How common is Barrrier jackets when you're not working for TSAB? Without this, you;re vulnerable
    Nobody knows. Devices come with one in their package. At this point just assume those without even the most basic of devices don't come with a Barrier Jacket.

Nanoha is a multiverse so anything officially made can be argued to be canon much like Typemoon.
    Also Force was never officially cancelled only on an "indefinite hiatus" so yes it's still canon but people like to ignore it.

Nobody knows. Devices come with one in their package. At this point just assume those without even the most basic of devices don't come with a Barrier Jacket.
    Point. Though seeing as how it's unfinished, and honestly probably never will, should we bother to argue about it being canon?

In other words, Devices are guns in our world. The government allows you to own one (even a child), it doesn't kill people so it's less strict (unless you're beating the crap out of someone without barrier jackets) and not everybody owns a device unless you're into fighting tournaments, personal reasons and/or work for TSAB.

Add TSAB recording device registration to the mix to make it official you own one.

Which means that when that girl was struck at the back of her head, she's not wearing a barrier jacket to minimize/null damage.

Ouch. She should have been dead right there.
    Last edited by shikyo21; August 31st, 2016 at 06:45 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Point. Though seeing as how it's unfinished, and honestly probably never will, should we bother to argue about it being canon?
    There isn't anything in Force, universe mechanics-wise that's really new apart from the Eclipse related items. The other supplementary materials lay them out well enough.
    You can more or less ignore it unless you wanted to do something with the Eclipse stuff.