Page 386 of 397 FirstFirst ... 286336376381384385386387388391396 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 7929

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle shounen jump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rovert10 View Post
    Trying to use Miyu's world from Prisma Illya is precarious.
    Miyu's world is dying with widescale loss of life all over the planet before the assumed ending on them saving the planet.
    That would change the entirety of the backstory of the Three Aces if you decide to include them. That's assuming the TSAB doesn't intervene before the events of Prisma Illya on the virtue of "well shit, they're about to go extinct" and break their "prime directive" equivalent.

If anything the sudden fact that the planet is fine and dandy would set off warning bells.
    So what if it changes the Aces backstory? Hayate's is already changed because she no longer has the book. Since she didn't have a Linker Core until the Book incident she'd at most be Nanoha's friend through her other friends.
    We don't really know when the world's going to end, how else it effects the world outside of climate changes, and we don't really know why it happened. So we don't know how Nanoha would be effected. Is there going to be hard ships in her new life? Yes. But she seems like the kind of girl who would bounce back.
    Does the TSAB even know of earth before the Jewel Seed incident?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by shounen jump View Post
    So what if it changes the Aces backstory? Hayate's is already changed because she no longer has the book. Since she didn't have a Linker Core until the Book incident she'd at most be Nanoha's friend through her other friends.
    We don't really know when the world's going to end, how else it effects the world outside of climate changes, and we don't really know why it happened. So we don't know how Nanoha would be effected. Is there going to be hard ships in her new life? Yes. But she seems like the kind of girl who would bounce back.
    Does the TSAB even know of earth before the Jewel Seed incident?
    We kinda do know why it happened.
    Mana is running dry on the planet. The planet's rule set is literally being degraded producing a particle that kills everything that it touches and has occurred already in several large regions. The entirety of the Earth's axis is out of alignment that screws the entire climate of the world.

Also Hayate did have a linker core before A's. Just that it wasn't super amped up due to the BoD merged.

TSAB does know of Earth before the Jewel Seed incident just doesn't do anything about Earth under normal circumstances.

We kinda do know why it happened.
    Mana is running dry on the planet. The planet's rule set is literally being degraded producing a particle that kills everything that it touches and has occurred already in several large regions. The entirety of the Earth's axis is out of alignment that screws the entire climate of the world.

Also Hayate did have a linker core before A's. Just that it wasn't super amped up due to the BoD merged.

TSAB does know of Earth before the Jewel Seed incident just doesn't do anything about Earth under normal circumstances.
    First: I really got to go reread Illya if i forgot about that.
    Second: Then all that needs done is to change why the world is in trouble. It wont be easy to figure out a new reason but it's possible. Also i know my idea has a couple holes, but it's also just a summery.
    Last edited by shounen jump; September 3rd, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So what would a Miyuverse Shirou who grew up with Miyu in uh the city Nanoha and co lives in be like? Because the Wishcraft capability Miyu has is pretty interesting considering she kept it around past the age it was normally supposed to be gone.

Fraggle, you're still planning on finishing your Lyrical Days reboot right? And Heroslayer are you still doing the sequel to your Lyrical Days fic?
    Last edited by warellis; September 9th, 2016 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    So what would a Miyuverse Shirou who grew up with Miyu in uh the city Nanoha and co lives in be like? Because the Wishcraft capability Miyu has is pretty interesting considering she kept it around past the age it was normally supposed to be gone.

Fraggle, you're still planning on doing your Lyrical Days reboot right? And Heroslayer are you still doing the sequel to your Lyrical Days fic?
    Assuming they even live in the same city: Up to fraggle(or whoever desires to pick it up). There are so many ways to change Shirou's early life that even me theorizing would be useless.

Assuming they even live in the same city: Up to fraggle(or whoever desires to pick it up). There are so many ways to change Shirou's early life that even me theorizing would be useless.
    Well for all we know, Kiritsugu could easily take both Shirou & Miyu with him to Uminari.

Remind me, wasn't there a snippet that involved a cat girl dressed like Gilgamesh?

Remind me, wasn't there a snippet that involved a cat girl dressed like Gilgamesh?
    Don't think so.

JP Friend Code
    Seems Nanoha may be making a resurgence on us.
    http://www.nanoha.com/
    Last edited by rovert10; October 1st, 2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Don't think so.
    if I remember right it was about who was hotter, Fate or the catgirl(or was that a female version of Gil). Gil. called Fate a stupid sexy fake? The image for the snippet had The femal Gil doing the "pointer finger to the chin thinking pose"?
    Seems Nanoha may be making a resurgence on us.
    http://www.nanoha.com/
    I just saw a brief trailer for that on Anime News. I'm curious what it's about. All I got was an impression that it was about the whole mess with the Book. Which is odd because I thought there was already a movie about that.

if I remember right it was about who was hotter, Fate or the catgirl(or was that a female version of Gil). Gil. called Fate a stupid sexy fake? The image for the snippet had The femal Gil doing the "pointer finger to the chin thinking pose"?

This was that image.

There is also this:
    Last edited by warellis; October 1st, 2016 at 11:34 PM.

Yeah thats the one. I vaguely remember a snippet for that. ...I want to say CatGil was a magicalgirl?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    At long last, I finished the next part of this snippet. How long has it been since the last one? Almost a year I think. And even then, I only wrote this much. I'm feeling too lazy to write anything these days. Talk about me being a bum, huh? Anyway, hope you guys would enjoy this. I hope.

***Snippet Start: Part 7****

Even with all her hatred for Kirei being apparent, Rin still decided to put aside her feelings to concentrate on a more pressing matter. Namely, the Shadow and Matou Zouken who was controlling it.

After much deliberation, all of them had unanimously agreed to raid the Matou manor once they were fully rested and prepared accordingly. Even so, all of them had rushed as fast as possible to make those necessary preparations. Only one thing occupied their minds.

Was Sakura alright?

Ever since the War started and Shinji's involvement was known, he had convinced Sakura to stay with them in case she was caught up in its dangers. She had obediently complied with his request ever since.

Until now.

Sakura's visage could no longer be seen in the Emiya estate. Although there were no signs of struggle, they couldn't optimistically conclude that she was alright. Especially since she suddenly disappeared in the middle of the night after their return from the temple. Thus, they didn't take their time when arranging the preemptive assault.

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worst. And there was nothing they could've done to prevent it at that point.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
    It was eerie how they were able to breach the manor's defenses so easily. In fact, there weren't any defenses erected at all. Rather than relieved, all three of them instead felt like they were being drawn to a trap. Which was why their tension never decreased as they combed through the place. Eventually, they found an entrance that led to the basement.

Deducing that it would lead to Zouken's workshop, they increased their vigilance. If a trap was waiting for them in that manor, it would be there.

However, what met them at the bottom of the stairs wasn't any of the trappings of Zouken that they were expecting. Instead, they met a young girl. It took them a moment for them to realize that it was Sakura. It wasn't really their fault because the Sakura who was etched in their mind was a timid but kind girl with beautiful violet hair and eyes.

The person in front of them however, had streaks of white hair and her eyes were red while the atmosphere she gave was more akin to the one the Shadow gave off with her wearing some kind of black dress with similar red lines they once saw on Mordred's armor.

The person in front of them and the one they once knew could be said as polar opposites of each other but there was no doubt that they were the same person.

"Sakura? Is...is that...you?" Rin hesitated in calling out to her.

"Yes, it's me Rin-se... no... nee-san."

That statement actually took him by complete surprise. Rin and Sakura were sisters? But... that... they... nevermind. Compared to some of the revelations during his life like Fate being a clone of Alicia or Hayate being the mistress of the Book of Darkness or even the fact that he had a sister even if they weren't biologically related, this one was actually quite tame even if a bit surprising. Also, there was something more important they needed to know.

"Sakura, are you alright? What happened to you?" Saber voiced the question that was in all their minds.

"I'm fine, Saber. For now." Sakura smiled sadly at them. Her current appearance that contrasted her normal one gave them all a very ominous feeling. After hesitating for a moment, she continued. "I...I decided to tap into the connection I had with the Holy Grail. This time, by my own will."

"What? Sakura, what do you mean?"

She looked at them with a sad smile. "I guess I should start from the beginning."

And so, she gave a brief explanation of the chain of events that started even before the 4th Grail War.

How she was given away by her parents to be taken in by Zouken.

How Zouken had thrown her into the pit with his Crest Worms.

How her only ally had died trying to save her in the 4th Grail War.

How she needed to regularly fulfill her lust due to the Crest Worm's influence that was imbedded in her.

The more he listened, the more disgusted he felt. Most of all at himself.

Why?

Why didn't he notice the suffering that Sakura had went through?

The signs were there if he had been bothered to look for it.

She hadn't even hit puberty before she lost her innocence. All this time, she had been defiled time and time again all while smiling gently at his side. Not once had she ever openly showed her despair.

Even now, as she recounted her dark past, never once had she ever threw at him a look of blame.

All that she sent him was a look of gratitude.

"Please don't look like that, Senpai. The time that I spent with you were the happiest moments of my life." She had the same smile that she always showed him whenever they were together.

He used to think that it made her look so gentle.

He used to think that it made her look so calm.

He used to think that it made her look so radiant.

He used to think that it made her look so beautiful.

But now, the only thing he could see was a mask that hid all the darkness inside her.

What kind of fortitude would she need to be able to bear all that despair without breaking all these years?

The more he thought about it, the more that he hated himself.

A hero of justice?

What a joke.

A person who was very close to him was living such a horrible life right in front of him and all he did was ramble on and on about his dreams and ideals as a hero. Worst of all, that person had never scorned him for it. Instead, she had even admired him.

This was irony at its worst.

However, there's still a chance.

She's still here, right in front of him. If he could just extend his hands this time, she could still attain the happiness that she rightly deserved.

That was what he wanted to think.

That was what he wanted to believe.

Reality was never that welcoming.

"Ugh. It seems... I'm at my limit." Sakura's figure was gradually being consumed by the evil that was inside the Grail. Even as he watched, her hair was becoming more ashen, her dress was becoming darker and the aura around her more sinister.

"Sakura! Cut your connection to the Grail!" Rin's voice clearly showed that she was panicking. The previous look of horror as she listened to her sister's suffering was immediately replaced by urgency but the tears in her eyes still wouldn't disappear.

"Thank you, nee-san. I hadn't noticed at first but you've always been watching over me haven't you? Please, take care of yourself. Saber, please protect Senpai. He can be so clumsy at times." Instead of heeding Rin's advice, Sakura only started saying words as if this was her last moments while materializing a dagger that was made from her powers.

Finally, she looked at him with a smile that said she was at peace,

"Thank you for everything, Senpai. Goodbye."

and plunged the dagger in her hands into her heart.

****End of snippet: Part 7****

Well,that's it for now. The next part might take another year. Talk about procrastinating.
    Last edited by fsnfan; October 4th, 2016 at 11:19 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Nice to see you update with more parts.

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Glad you are still willing stab into my heart for feels.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

So remember how we jokingly talked about Avalon not liking the Jewel Seed or Book of Darkness being inside "Her Shirou"?

There is a discussion over on Spacebattles in the Touhou Thread about dropping Arturia into Gensokyo and making her "Queen of the Fairies" with all the headaches that would involve.

And this image got posted in regards to a humorous "what if the Lady of the Lake just threw some powerful Fairies at bits of metal to make her creations?" line.

Well now I have an image of Unison Device Avalon stuck in my head.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KageX View Post
    Well now I have an image of Unison Device Avalon stuck in my head.
    why, that be silly!

He knows too much......

On another note, I just learned that my deleted posts on my blog, including my "old shames", are actually still there, just hidden from view.

Illya is best servant

JP Friend Code
    "Old shames" such as?

And it's not like we can see them either. Which is a shame.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    And it's not like we can see them either. Which is a shame.
    .....Would it be awfully evil of me to go and edit random old post in this thread and copy-paste the contents of said blogposts, forcing people to go trough +150 pages of this thread?

It would make for a neat treasure hunt

Illya is best servant