View Poll Results: Your opinion of "Of Leaves and Lilac?"

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - One of the best fanfics I've ever read.

5 14.29%
  • 9 - A very solid read that's worth the time.

17 48.57%
  • 8 - A good story that, while flawed, is enjoyable.

9 25.71%
  • 7 - Not too shabby, though there's some flaws.

2 5.71%
  • 6 - It's alright. There's some interesting stuff.

0 0%
  • 5 - Not great, but not crap. If you're bored.

1 2.86%
  • 4 - Not so good. Just too different for me.

1 2.86%
  • 3 - Mediocre. My left pinky can do better.

0 0%
  • 2 - A shit sandwich... but not a soggy one.

0 0%
  • 1 - An insult to my time and everyone else's.

0 0%
Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Tsukihime: Of Leaves and Lilac

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[FF] Tsukihime: Of Leaves and Lilac

Well then. Shall we resume?

A bit of a note, before I shamelessly plug a little bit of my own work here.

While I won't be posting the entire chapters here (merely linking to them, as they're being posted on Fanfiction.net) consider this the official "home away from home" for it. I would absolutely love to hear what you think about it, on this site or reviewing the story over there. One reviewer (and indeed, one of my beta readers) mentioned posting it here, which I had planned to do all along, and as I said, I'm feeling gutsy, so I'm doing it here two weeks ahead of my originally planned date.

And since there's no silly 255 character synopsis limit, you'll get a much better summary:

A year after the events of Tsukihime, 17 year-old Tohno Akiha is still living life the way she always has - a student by day, and master of Misaki City by night. Even with all of the events that occurred last year, her life has, for the most part, remained steady and consistent. But, can she remain this way forever...? Re-Rated M for Graphic Violence/Sex. WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF SEX, VIOLENCE, AND PHILOSOPHY. Updated every Sunday.

Be warned: This story will be long. At posting one chapter a week, it will not be fully "finished" until November 2011. It is very certainly novel length, and the (finished in rough draft) story on my hard drive is some 815k of pure text and totaling in, currently, at 151,642 words. As I revise each chapter before publishing it, this number grows - a realistic final count for this will be, at 3500-4000 words per chapter... anywhere from 262,500-300,000 words.

That would be, on average, 3500 or 4000 words per chapter * 75 chapters. Not counting an epilogue.

So if you like short little stories, this isn't for you. If you don't like characters played very close to how Nasu originally wrote them, this isn't for you. If you don't like the fact that Tsukihime contains violence and sex and that my story will likewise have it, this isn't for you. If you haven't beaten the game in its entirety - that is, the Kohaku path - this isn't for you. I don't want to ruin the game for anyone who hasn't played it... that said, considering this site's purpose, I think that will be virtually nobody at all, but who knows, there might be some poster here who's played Fate but not Tsukihime.

If none of this bugs you at all, you're certainly more than welcome to read it.

As stated above, knowledge of Tsukihime and having fully beaten it is pretty much a must. PLUS+DISC and Kagetsu Tohya are bonuses, but not required, although the story does focus very heavily on characters from them. Events that occurred in these stories can be considered to have happened in mine.

Arc 1: A Non-Existent Life

- Friday, October 25, 2002
    Chapter 1: Autumn Night

- Saturday, October 26, 2002
    Chapter 2: "Akiha's nap has to end!"
    Chapter 3: Scrambled Slice of Life
    Chapter 4: To Good Friends...
    Chapter 5: Blood and Emotions ~Oil and Water~
    Chapter 6: A Dish Best Served Au Gratin
    Chapter 7: The River of Dreams

- Sunday, October 27, 2002
    Chapter 8: Super Alchemist Grand Archmage Citrina!
    Chapter 9: Drawn Together
    Chapter 10: What's love got to do with it?
    Chapter 11: Memories of Red
    Chapter 12: Badmoon Rising
    Chapter 13: Interview with a Badluck Vampire

Arc 2: Reassembling a Shattered Soul

- Monday, October 28, 2002
    Chapter 14: Westminster Quarters
    Chapter 15: Neapolitan Blues

- Tuesday, October 29, 2002
    Chapter 16: Rainbow Sky
    Chapter 17: Confessions of a Teenage Kojin Saakuru
    Chapter 18: Fretfulness
    Chapter 19: A Crisis of Self-Existentialism
    Chapter 20: Emotional Abstracts

- Wednesday, October 30, 2002
    Chapter 21: ......Atonement
    Chapter 22: Under the Shade
    Chapter 23: Sweet Home
    Chapter 24: Through the Dreamscape, Black Nightmare Reality

-Thursday, October 31, 2002
    Chapter 25: Skein of Akiha
    Chapter 26: The Way to a Man's Heart...
    Chapter 27: Fringe of the Lunatic Dawn

Arc 3: Yin-Yang Dualism

- Friday, November 1, 2002
    Chapter 28: A Lust for Life
    Chapter 29: Strange Friends, Stranger Relationship
    Chapter 30: Blind Side ~Under Blue Sky~ Part I
    Chapter 31: Blind Side ~Under Blue Sky~ Part II

- Saturday, November 2, 2002
    Chapter 32: An Existence, Evergreen
    Chapter 33: A Reflection of Clarity
    Chapter 34: Another New Me
    Chapter 35: Two Will Be As One
    Chapter 36: Dreamer's Dream

- Sunday, November 3, 2002
    Chapter 37: Vicissitudes of Consciousness
    Chapter 38: Every Artist has a Price!
    Chapter 39: The More Things Change...
    Chapter 40: I Won't Become The Thing I Hate!
    Chapter 41: A Moment In Time, Frozen Forever

Chapter 42: An Excess of Divine Material Energy
    Chapter 43: An Excess of Divine Material Energy Part II
    "Chapter 44": April Fools' Day Gag 2011
    Chapter 44: An Excess of Divine Material Energy Part III

Arc 4: Purity of a Pollinated Mind

- Monday, November 4, 2002
    Chapter 45: Cerulean Life, Azure Dreams
    Chapter 46: Inner Shade
    Chapter 47: The Name for Thinking by the Window is...
    Chapter 48: An Image of Infinite Clarity and Beyond

- Tuesday, November 5, 2002
    Chapter 49: Uncharted Territory
    Chapter 50: Two Unexpected Gifts
    Chapter 51: Sweet Dreams are Made of This
    Chapter 52: Conversation with a Partitioned Mind
    Chapter 53: An Epiphany of Passionate Ardency

- Wednesday, November 6, 2002
    Chapter 54: Fountain of Youth
    Chapter 55: 10,800 Seconds of Eternity
    Chapter 56: Cordis Confessione
    Chapter 57: Two Sides of the Sword
    Chapter 58: Yin and Yang ~Black Side~
    Chapter 59: Yin and Yang ~White Side~

Arc 5: Arise From the Ashes

- Thursday, November 7, 2002
    Chapter 60: Time's Anxiety
    Chapter 61: Foregone Absolution
    Chapter 62: Spiritual Stew
    Chapter 63: Yellowed Pages

Please leave all criticism, both good and bad, either as a review on that site or here, whether you love it or hate it; both are equally important and valued by me. I am more than happy to discuss the story, if anyone desires it, but be advised - as it's pretty much finished, what you say here isn't going to have very much of an effect on how the story ultimately flows. This is not a work-in-progress technically; this is something I hammered out in three months. (Well, really four, but the last month I've been wonderfully lazy on finishing the final dozen chapters.) The rough draft is complete; now it's just polishing up each chapter before I publish it on a weekly basis.

I look forward to the praise and hate.

And so, it begins.
    Last edited by Dark Pulse; August 18th, 2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Chapter 64.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    At some point, I intend to mainline this fic in its entirety, but I keep putting that off till we get closer to that nov deadline.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be brutal if you wait until then to read it.

Especially if you intend to do that with my future projects... which will make OLaL look... well, small.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Blog Entries
    And here's our first update at our new home.

Akiha sees off Seo Akira and Kohaku, after treating Seo's injured legs a little bit with some ice and conversation. But her thoughts begin to turn inward upon herself...

Old Quote Crap!

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That last chapter... Can't help but think Shiki at the end there is just a dream.

Also

WHAT IS WITH THE ELLIPSES

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Wincest cometh? Who knows...
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    That last chapter... Can't help but think Shiki at the end there is just a dream.

Also

WHAT IS WITH THE ELLIPSES
    I like them. But to get more than three (to indicate a longer pause) I have to alternate between three periods and the ellipsis character. It's a ff.net limitation.

The same limitations prevent me from using ?! or !? without resorting to modification - it will remove the second character for some reason.

It is, to put it bluntly, fucking retarded. Do you see why I prefer my PDFs now?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Wincest cometh? Who knows...
    I know. And the answer is...

Spoiler:

Old Quote Crap!

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I get you like ellipses, but in that second half of the chapter, there were more ellipses than sentences!

Blog Entries
    I get you like ellipses, but in that second half of the chapter, there were more ellipses than sentences!
    Perhaps there's a meaning to this.

Think outside the box...

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries

It's Tsunday! And you know what that means.

Chapter 43 is here... and with it, the pairing probably everyone expected.

...Until the end, anyway.

Old Quote Crap!

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Poor Batman. That was probably a good cup of Joe.

Not that I drink that - I'm a tea drinker, myself.

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries
    All I can imagine right now is Satsuki running out from feelings of betrayal from both Akiha and Shiki, as well as WTFincest?!
    Or we'll have a threeway (highly doubtful)

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

夜魔 Nightmare
    It's been a few hours and I'm STILL "lolwut"ing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlanGR View Post
    It's been a few hours and I'm STILL "lolwut"ing.
    What, is this that hard to believe?

Old Quote Crap!

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Darn it Len.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It sort of felt Akiha went on a acid trip?

Blog Entries
    It's called "It was an April Fool's Gag." And it had good effect from the reviews.

Anyway! Onto the REAL Chapter 44. With Akiha and Shiki busted in the act, by Sacchin... surely interesting things will happen...

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries
    ...Interesting my ass. (pun intended) That was COMPLETELY unexpected...and enjoyable.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    So I'd hope, heh. I actually am short of my target goal by 65 words. Writing passes went like this:

Rough draft: 1856 Words
    Second pass: ~3000 Words
    Third pass: 3688 Words
    Fourth pass: 3945 Words

FF.net inflates the word count due to the crap I put in... and also because it counts things like punctuation as "words." Ah well... It wasn't easy. Usually, I can find more places to fit stuff, but I simply couldn't fit anything more in it anymore. And while I'd normally double arc-ender lengths. The April Fools gag basically alleviated the need for that, heh.

PDFs of the first 3 arcs will be up soon.

Old Quote Crap!