Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodless Sins

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes... Yes... Delicious Archer/Rin snark...
    Also, Bazzet. Delicious, delicious Bazzet.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Archer and Rin snark is a hell of a lot easier to write than Archer and Saber being all nervous with each other.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Yeah, Archer and Rin snark is a hell of a lot easier to write than Archer and Saber being all nervous with each other.
    I can see that.

Hell, I get that. Much easier for me to write a whole bunch of non-dialogue stuff than it is for me to write anything WITH dialogue. Even little pieces of it.
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; October 7th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    I can see that.

Hell, I get that. Much easier for me to write a whole bunch of non-dialogue stuff than it is for me to write anything WITH dialogue. Even little pieces of it.
    I have trouble writing anything that doesn't peer at least a little into a minimum of one character's internal perspective. Does that count?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    I can see that.

Ironically I can write dialog forever. I'm more comfortable with dialogue honestly.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Ironically I can write dialog forever. I'm more comfortable with dialogue honestly.
    hours and hours of dialogue
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How I envy you. If I could write a story without dialogue I would.

Hmm. Maybe I should try that sometime.

Blog Entries
    How I envy you. If I could write a story without dialogue I would.

Hmm. Maybe I should try that sometime.
    There was an awesome issue of the GI Joe comic book that was COMPLETELY silent.

And of course "Hush".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There was an awesome issue of the GI Joe comic book that was COMPLETELY silent.

And of course "Hush".
    The Batman comic?
    I'm pretty sure that had dialogue Elf.

Unless you're talking about a different Hush. Or I'm wrong. Which shockingly happens.

Blog Entries
    The Batman comic?
    I'm pretty sure that had dialogue Elf.

Unless you're talking about a different Hush. Or I'm wrong. Which shockingly happens.
    I'm talking about the episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" where half of it had no dialogue.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    . . . I thought the Emiya house did have wards, but they weren't oppressive like the Tohsaka ones.
    No, it has a field which warns Shirou of intruders, but nothing more. It doesn't warn people off or anything like Rin's wards do.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The wards hummed in this chapter, but they didn't do anything else.

Bazett is fucking hot man.
    I'd have liked to hear more of Cu's gushing in the dialogue, and I wonder how she'll deal with Kotomine at this point, that would be interesting as well.

And the boundary field reacts to intruders with hostile intent. The bones you hear were likely from Caster's dragon tooth warriors ransacking the house, since iirc, Shirou says it gives off a ping, like the Alarm spell in D&D.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I'd have liked to hear more of Cu's gushing in the dialogue, and I wonder how she'll deal with Kotomine at this point, that would be interesting as well.

And the boundary field reacts to intruders with hostile intent. The bones you hear were likely from Caster's dragon tooth warriors ransacking the house, since iirc, Shirou says it gives off a ping, like the Alarm spell in D&D.
    Could have sworn it gave off that sound when Lancer invaded the first time too ... might be remembering incorrectly.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    I just remember Lancer like roundhouse kicking Shirou across the yard.

You know, Shirou got kicked a great distance by two Servants. One by Lancer, and the other by Archer.

Blog Entries
    Rider kicks him out a window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    Interesting concept. Sane Herakles? A chance for Archer to Big Brother it up with his cutesy-but-surprisngly-wise older sister? The chance for all Servants to have a chance at resurrection?

I'm just a little concerned about the conflict. Gil is humbled? Bazette is alive and well? Shirou is alive/sane/not being reckless? (I was kind of hoping he'd have dun goofed, because "Onii-chan is an idiot" and all that). I see no reason why Illya summoned Fuyuki's Greatest Heroes if there is no cause or conflict beyond "Rin is a little bloodied and needs to be patched up."

I'm curious where this goes, but -for once- I'm not sold.*

*Unless Illya's massive resurrection was simply a plot device to bring together a bunch of the characters for fun dialog and characterization. In which case, that's cool: but Illya shouldn't be selling this as “I’m bringing you back to life because Onii-chan is an idiot and I guess I owe Rin.” Casting Raise Dead on every Servant in the war is no mean feat, and other than she's feeling nice is a little hard to swallow.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Recent events certainly back up that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    hours and hours of dialogue
    At the very least I know Elf can do this.

And I agree with Altima, I wanna see more Cu/Bazett interaction! The fallout between Cu, Bazett, and Kotomine promises to be...interesting.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    Interesting concept. Sane Herakles? A chance for Archer to Big Brother it up with his cutesy-but-surprisngly-wise older sister? The chance for all Servants to have a chance at resurrection?

I'm just a little concerned about the conflict. Gil is humbled? Bazette is alive and well? Shirou is alive/sane/not being reckless? (I was kind of hoping he'd have dun goofed, because "Onii-chan is an idiot" and all that). I see no reason why Illya summoned Fuyuki's Greatest Heroes if there is no cause or conflict beyond "Rin is a little bloodied and needs to be patched up."

I'm curious where this goes, but -for once- I'm not sold.*

*Unless Illya's massive resurrection was simply a plot device to bring together a bunch of the characters for fun dialog and characterization. In which case, that's cool: but Illya shouldn't be selling this as “I’m bringing you back to life because Onii-chan is an idiot and I guess I owe Rin.” Casting Raise Dead on every Servant in the war is no mean feat, and other than she's feeling nice is a little hard to swallow.
    Erm, Sakura...? That's a pretty damn big source of conflict right there.

Still, I think it's mostly just for the purpose of fluff. Also, I believe it was Shirou who wished for them to come back to life, not Ilya.
    Last edited by Mike1984; October 7th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Rider kicks him out a window.
    Oh yes, I forgot about that. And doesn't she either kick or throw him towards Sakura to protect Sakura in HF?

Don't forget Rin romancing her Servant and getting out all of that pent up sexual frustration.

Oh, trust me there will be conflict. Think about it, Ilya just brought back the dead Servants and the Masters who died in the war. Like Shinji and Kotomine. One of those is a Counter Guardian with a whole mess of issues. Plus this is Rin's story. So we have to deal with the 400 pound violet haired elephant in the room.

Gil's humbled for now. He's not the Big Bad, but Saber beating him was a learning experience for him. One that he needed.
    I won't deny, there will be some of that here obviously. However Rin's mess of issues are different than Saber's and Sakura's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Recent events certainly back up that claim.
    Indeed they did. Also, even though while I LOVED writing Saber's dialogue, after awhile it became a major challenge. My natural mode is SNARK.

At the very least I know Elf can do this.
    *Bows* Thank you kindly.

And I agree with Altima, I wanna see more Cu/Bazett interaction! The fallout between Cu, Bazett, and Kotomine promises to be...interesting.
    Once Bazett gets over her confusion, oh it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Erm, Sakura...? That's a pretty damn big source of conflict right there.
    And Bingo was his name-o!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I forgot about that. And doesn't she either kick or throw him towards Sakura to protect Sakura in HF?
    Not quite. In the school scene, she is ordered by Shinji to beat Shirou up (with Shirou not resisting) whilst he's holding Sakura hostage, and she deliberately goes easy on him and lets him get at Shinji to free Sakura. I don't think she directly kicks him in that direction, though.

And Bingo was his name-o!
    Well, I was assuming you wouldn't just forget about her (if I didn't assume that, then I wouldn't even be reading the fic), and her situation is a massive problem for Rin. Although, how you intend to differentiate this from Steel and Cherry Blossoms I'm not sure, at least in terms of the Sakura-saving aspect of it.