Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Standardized Servant Rankings (Create-a-Servant)(fanfic only, not Nasu's true system)

So why is this and Fate/Roleplay in fanfiction?

They aren't fanfictions.

At best you could consider them both doujin projects or be put in a general board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoar View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure Ea and Avalon should be ranked EX.
    OK, now this really has to get shoved into the fanfics section.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfrankie View Post
    So why is this and Fate/Roleplay in fanfiction?

They aren't fanfictions.

At best you could consider them both doujin projects or be put in a general board.
    Fate/Roleplay (if it is what it sounds like) should be in the RP section :V
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    The thing about Avalon and Ea are while they have sure cut effects is that the method they do it is what gives them EX rank. Here is a quote from the wiki that describes Ea's nature.

"Grinding at the laws of space with its power, it creates a rip in space that extends from not only the earth, but also to the sky and atmosphere. It is a crack that distorts space to pierce the very nature of the World itself to show the "Truth.""

That is why Ea is considered EX rank, because it does not just destroy that which you could normally with time and effort but the very nature of the world itself.

Whereas Avalon doesn't 'defend' in the typical sense but transfers the user into the conceptual realm of Avalon.

"It is the greatest protection in the world that goes beyond defending or reflecting, completely isolating its user in a world completely separate from the regular world....
    The individual is shielded from all destructive interference in the physical realm, transliners from parallel worlds, and multidimensional communication as far as the sixth dimension."

That's why its EX rank, its all in the manner it achieves its objective other then the objective itself.
    But you just defined what Ea and Avalon do; they cannot be called undefined. We look through the scouter, and it tells us that their power level is "beyond comparison", no question.

Look at UBW, and the scouter will say "do you want swords with that? We've got mundanes, black keys, Kanshou & Bakuya, Caliburn, and imperfect Excalibur on the menu, as well as Ea-induced headaches."

Edit: Hmm, no, that's not an accurate metaphore for UBW. More like, the scouter says "depends; with which swords?".
    Last edited by TheRoar; October 5th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    English is not my first language; please pardon any typos I will inevitably make.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Going by your scouter comparison: Scan UBW, and the scouter will give out the power level of each sword individually. Scan Ea or Avalon? The scouter will outright glitch or explode. They are outside the measuring scale. EX does not mean 'absurdly powerful', it means 'does not compute'. Like, out of a scale of 1 to 10, EX is pineapple/10.

Here's a post about this matter.

But I can predict Ea and Avalon ahead of time. If you come against me with one of them, I'll think "I'm fucked."

If you use UBW, I'll think "depending on the stuff he's got there, I might be fucked - perhaps even more fucked than I would have been against Ea or Avalon, if he's done the impossible and somehow got something stronger then them in there... or perhaps he never saw a sword in his life and his Reality Marble is empty."
    English is not my first language; please pardon any typos I will inevitably make.

Blog Entries
    People have got very attached to that interpretation, when it's simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by CM3
    EX is in a league of its own, representing powerful to the extent of rendering comparisons meaningless.
    So, sure, don't try and put a number to it, but use a comparison which also represents EX's strength.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    So, sure, don't try and put a number to it, but use a comparison which also represents EX's strength.
    I just want to differentiate between Ea and Avalon, which are "power unequaled" and stuff like UBW, which is "power unmeasurable".

The solution is obvious: create a new category, which I'll call S-rank for now, for effects with power that is measured as trumping everything else.
    Last edited by TheRoar; October 5th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    And this is why this is in the fanfic category.
    lol "S rank" in Nasuverse. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Yeah, that'll do until I convert the ranking system to mostly-numerical values.

Blog Entries
    Maximum fanfiction forum ITT

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Aren't the rankings more associated with the complexity of the divine mystery rather than the sheer power? Avalon functions as a product of the Fae's magic and hops dimensions, thus the EX rank. EA shows the truth behind Gaea's reality marble, thus the EX rank. Ionian Hetorai is an approximation of the Third on a massive scale, thus the EX rank. UBW by itself is fairly impressive, but is still within the realm of magecraft and only as complex as the greatest weapon it can reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Aren't the rankings more associated with the complexity of the divine mystery rather than the sheer power?
    Maybe in a beauty contest.
    Remember, Herkserker's God Hand explicity says that even if an effect destroys the world, it won't do jack to Herk without enough oomph behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Avalon functions as a product of the Fae's magic and hops dimensions, thus the EX rank. EA shows the truth behind Gaea's reality marble, thus the EX rank. Ionian Hetorai is an approximation of the Third on a massive scale, thus the EX rank. UBW by itself is fairly impressive, but is still within the realm of magecraft and only as complex as the greatest weapon it can reproduce.
    You just clearly defined the awesome powers of Avalon, Ea, and IH. But UBW is not so static; one day Shirou may have only the Torashinai, and the next he might theoretically recieve the memories Ea's creation and be able to understand it enough to Trace it.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You just clearly defined the awesome powers of Avalon, Ea, and IH. But UBW is not so static; one day Shirou may have only the Torashinai, and the next he might theoretically recieve the memories Ea's creation and be able to understand it enough to Trace it.
    And then Tohno Shiki killed ORT.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    And then Tohno Shiki killed ORT.
    That would be another S-rank effect: "anything capable of death that has its dot stabbed dies, unless an S-rank effect counters it."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle ImperialOrder's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dunno about killing ORT but Shiki can definitely kill servants
    Words of Wisdom from King Yumina
    Spoiler:

Live for me!
    Die for me!
    All your women belong to me!
    Mongrel and Children!

1.女性を強姦した者は、死刑とする。(ただし、王様は、除く)

2.結婚していて他の女に手を出した男は、死刑とする。(ただし、王様は、除く)

3.売春などの風俗業の営業を禁止する。(ただし、王様のお気に入りだけは、別とする)

4.女の子は、貞操を大事に。結婚するまで処女である事。(ただし、王様となら許可する)

When he cuts them, sure. But such a situation can be difficult to arrange.

Blog Entries
    That would be another S-rank effect: "anything capable of death that has its dot stabbed dies, unless an S-rank effect counters it."
    There is no S rank what are you doinggggg

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    There is no S rank what are you doinggggg
    Optimizing.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Maybe in a beauty contest.
    Remember, Herkserker's God Hand explicity says that even if an effect destroys the world, it won't do jack to Herk without enough oomph behind it.

Then on that day UBW would become an EX rank phantasm. Today is not that day. Ex rank already covers what you're trying to say it doesn't. I'm not sure if troll or just being difficult.