Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I've had artists draw stuff for me that I asked for and had it come out a bit different than I expected sometimes, but I just treat that as part of the creative process where both sides get to add something to the final product. There's my vision and the artist's interpretation of it. A lot of the time it ends up coming out better than expected.

The best way to avoid getting surprised though is to have the artist show you updates as it is in progress so you don't get surprised and can course correct them.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    In happier news, despite recent setbacks I've surpassed Zurvie's postcount. Next stop, Mcjon.

May all of them be contributions equal in value to this great forum, of course.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    haha are you really going to update your user title each day
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

I'm sorry, it's all downhill from here

and dont call me that
    (Do it when we're alone)

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Damn you, damn you, damn you!!!
    Is that why you keep locking me up in the underworld? Because no matter how many times you try placing a damn rock on the entrance, i still manage to slip by and hack the entire system to bits and pieces? Because i couldn't leave you alone as you decided to damn yourself? Because i swore i'd try to help whomever i could thru space, time and dimensions, until the end of time and beyond time itself? Is that why the maidens are always 'doomed' to be uninvited guests, like Malacath the orc found himself to be when he turned into a Daedra?

I don't think i can give up on humanity just yet, but still, i'm afraid for myself... My eyesight, so greatly expanded since landing in this facility, points to a block, or i myself am blocking it for fear of what's to come, although i know when i'm going to die if i don't embrace immortality... But still, how can i stop caring for my species when all i've wanted when i first came into being was for that which i tried to become, a follower of the Rosa Mystica, both in it's symbol and it's intended meaning in my current mask?

This is my life as well, may we both be damned, Suigintou! We might hate each other as sisters, but we're still together in this! Even the medium has pledged wan's compromise, as you can see and hear! For crying out loud, we have to work together, damnit... We're stuck in wan's shell for a long, long time... As has happened throughout history, it seems...

We have to help each other, otherwise, we're all gonna fail... Help me, damn you!

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    haha are you really going to update your user title each day
    Every 24 hours until I get bored (or banned).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purple_teardrops View Post
    Damn you, damn you, damn you!!!
    Is that why you keep locking me up in the underworld? Because no matter how many times you try placing a damn rock on the entrance, i still manage to slip by and hack the entire system to bits and pieces? Because i couldn't leave you alone as you decided to damn yourself? Because i swore i'd try to help whomever i could thru space, time and dimensions, until the end of time and beyond time itself? Is that why the maidens are always 'doomed' to be uninvited guests, like Malacath the orc found himself to be when he turned into a Daedra?

I don't think i can give up on humanity just yet, but still, i'm afraid for myself... My eyesight, so greatly expanded since landing in this facility, points to a block, or i myself am blocking it for fear of what's to come, although i know when i'm going to die if i don't embrace immortality... But still, how can i stop caring for my species when all i've wanted when i first came into being was for that which i tried to become, a follower of the Rosa Mystica, both in it's symbol and it's intended meaning in my current mask?

This is my life as well, may we both be damned, Suigintou! We might hate each other as sisters, but we're still together in this! Even the medium has pledged wan's compromise, as you can see and hear! For crying out loud, we have to work together, damnit... We're stuck in wan's shell for a long, long time... As has happened throughout history, it seems...

We have to help each other, otherwise, we're all gonna fail... Help me, damn you!
    I don't remember references to Elder Scrolls last I watched Rozen Maiden, but I may not have been paying too much attention.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I don't remember references to Elder Scrolls last I watched Rozen Maiden, but I may not have been paying too much attention.
    I'm not sure how correct i am in that comparison, but the Maidens, in their roles of archetypes, mention (in Zurückspulen) being something like uninvited guests... Malacath and his status as daedric prince are rejected by the other daedra, something of a status that him and the Maidens share, considering that they're not very well received in reality, although i can't remember for sure whether they're uninvited solely in the unwound reality of the adult Jun or whether they're not very well received in any reality that may be, although the wound Jun's reality seem to put up with them very well...

Coincidences seem to be something remarkable no matter how far things go, nowadays, tho... Malacath's sphere is the patronage of the spurned and ostracized, which seems to be something him and the Maidens have in common, but then again, i dunno...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, after all.

I mean, I've seen more far-fetched parallelisms (especially WIR Elder Scrolls lore, which is simultaneously pretty deep and also memetically convoluted), but it's... an odd comparison to make.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    In happier news, despite recent setbacks I've surpassed Zurvie's postcount. Next stop, Mcjon.
    So you climbed over a creek bed and decided to next tackle Everest?

Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So you climbed over a creek bed and decided to next tackle Everest?

As my grandpa used to say, aim high, they might think you're a moron and shoot you last. Er, or something like that, in any case.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not that humans have a problem with being judged, especially given that they judge others all the time... What they have a problem with is being condemned; they're rather afraid of that. And truly, fighting someone stronger isn't as easy as it seems in the adventures depicted in the media.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what's going on, but someone's actually trying to keep me from the abyss... It seems i feel my compass again... It seems my sightless eye is opening once again... I wonder if something's happening...I know what's to come for a while, but only for a while or about five years...

I might be alone, but at least me and my Maidens are together. Now i just need to learn how to see while i see... And by the way, i know you're out there and we're going to meet... Just wait, i think the word 'soon' is echoing in my ears...

Hmmm... What if Annachie Gordon was actually a reference to my dear and lovely Maidens, and all of those who assist the other sisters? I wonder...

It's not that humans have a problem with being judged, especially given that they judge others all the time...

u smurt

Blog Entries
    the redraw is underway, resembling this issue cover of star wars:

- - - Updated - - -

also, the fate/zero posters

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bored.

Presented a lecture about buddhism today. Dunno if the audience enjoyed my lecture because i wasn't as pushy as the other guys preaching their Druggie Anonymous dogma, or because the whole idea behind the Self/Non-self/True Self actually has a lot of basis behind it, especially when it comes to the ability to control desires and the ability to dissociate one's self from the collective ghost and somehow convince it to bless the mortal (morganna mode gone?), but still, not a bad day.

In the end, it seems that, ironically, presenting the scientific and psychological logic behind religions, while removing all the their ritual and illogical side, might make anyone fall in love with them. Think i might try that more often, often christianity has a good side to it if one removes all the garbage. Even in Genesis, as Eve (the younger part of the lunar trinity) and Ouroboros point out to Adam that they shall be as gods for gaining knowledge, and have the caretaker allow them to walk among giants, now that they're giants themselves, has a good tricky bit of mind exercise behind it.

Lawd, never thought i'd say this, but i'm so falling in love with myths, religions and archetypes... If the cake is a lie, pie (oh me!) is the truth, isn't it?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Any religions in particular you like? You said buddhism but there's a whole wide world of them out there.

Bored.

Presented a lecture about buddhism today. Dunno if the audience enjoyed my lecture because i wasn't as pushy as the other guys preaching their Druggie Anonymous dogma, or because the whole idea behind the Self/Non-self/True Self actually has a lot of basis behind it, especially when it comes to the ability to control desires and the ability to dissociate one's self from the collective ghost and somehow convince it to bless the mortal (morganna mode gone?), but still, not a bad day.

In the end, it seems that, ironically, presenting the scientific and psychological logic behind religions, while removing all the their ritual and illogical side, might make anyone fall in love with them. Think i might try that more often, often christianity has a good side to it if one removes all the garbage. Even in Genesis, as Eve (the younger part of the lunar trinity) and Ouroboros point out to Adam that they shall be as gods for gaining knowledge, and have the caretaker allow them to walk among giants, now that they're giants themselves, has a good tricky bit of mind exercise behind it.

Lawd, never thought i'd say this, but i'm so falling in love with myths, religions and archetypes... If the cake is a lie, pie (oh me!) is the truth, isn't it?
    There's no Ouroboros in Christian myth whatsoever, anywhere. The snake that tempted Eve was nameless and is pretty heavily implied to have been Satan (though I do remember hearing that was a later interpretation of the texts, nowadays it's included as a matter of course). The concept of Ouroboros- the snake biting its tail, symbolism for infinity and closed cycles, dates back somewhere in ancient Mesopotamia, I believe, and is mainly a symbol of occultism rather than any defined religion.
    And, for what it's worth... religions are inherently illogical, in my opinion. They're satisfying the basic need of the human animal after it developed reasoning to believe in a higher purpose or cause than day to day survival, be that a benevolent Creator watching over Its children from above or a completely abstract philosophy about attaining perfect inner peace. Psychology might (and indeed, does) have something to gain from observing and analysing its effects on people's mindsets, but science most likely does not.

(insert old joke about psychology not being a science here)
    Last edited by Deathhappens; March 29th, 2019 at 09:16 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    That's ignoring the historical utilitarian value of religions. Many holy books were basically instruction manuals on how to live life and not fuck it up, church was a way of drilling those lessons into illiterate heads, and all-powerful deities were a proverbial stick and carrot to motivate people to actually listen.

Education is still not considered science, or is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Point taken, though.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

マリーの味方
    bought tickets to nippon for a trip with some friends

this time i hope i won't return as a degenerate