coming along nicely.

in other news, new band-maiko single:

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Should someone get a Fools' day megathread going? lol

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I mean in the same vein I like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect and think we should talk about it
    ...You jerk. :-P

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    I mean in the same vein I like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect and think we should talk about it

but whether it deserves a thread on its own?
    I fucking hate you.

And I hate myself.

EDIT: Obligatory god fucking damn it, Zurvan.
    Last edited by Raylen Cypher; April 1st, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

I too, hate myself

Quote Originally Posted by purple_teardrops View Post
    I think it should be asked and debated: why the overall world culture estimulates every individual to try to degrade themselves and find that positive? Isn't that a little odd? From a logical standpoint, what's the difference between underevalution and overevaluation?
    I'd guess the underlying assumption is that if you overevaluate your qualifications, you'll be more willing to make judgements and take on tasks that you aren't qualified for. If you have doubts about yourself, you'll tend to scrutinize the quality of your own work or judgement more carefully.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

because being humble is cute while being arrogant doesn't get you space cake

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Has Cat Hell always been that funky? For some reason I remember it more like the Malomart theme from Twilight Princess.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar

but whether it deserves a thread on its own?
    ...Well played, Zurvan, well played.

And to answer a question from the previous page, I didn't give my thoughts on the topic at the same time as presenting it because then any subsequent replies would be in response to my thoughts on the matter rather than the unbiased thoughts of the responder. Though it seems the discussion has moved away from that, at any rate.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...blue fairy, please make me a real person...

Maybe not. I used to care about it, but the realms of the dead and all my dear sweet ancestors have left me is enough. Common humans cry and try to hurt all the time, while in the end that's their way of connecting. I don't want to connect anymore.

Guess i'll just leave the footsteps behind a few times and become the ghost i want to become. Many tales tell us what happens to those who dare to become a living ghost in broad daylight... All that humanity has to offer are piles of violence, infinite ones. The present is so bright i gave up on shades and moved on into the night. Screw this, some humen are born posthumous. As for the others, hope Tatari is as good a bride as it promises to be, after all, it's the only polygamous marriage available where you marry something and it doesn't even have a defined body.

As said... Screw this. Blue fairy, i gave up on you.
    Read this as you may.

May i become the mirror that i so enjoy, one without shape that reflects nothing. Becoming a reflection is too much of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    I'd guess the underlying assumption is that if you overevaluate your qualifications, you'll be more willing to make judgements and take on tasks that you aren't qualified for. If you have doubts about yourself, you'll tend to scrutinize the quality of your own work or judgement more carefully.
    I guess it suffices to do away with self-evaluation and instead scrutinize the quality of one's own work ad eternum.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is unironically kind of disturbing. You doing alright?

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, i'm not.

I'm still stuck in a brainwash facility, my real-world family has hurt me absurdly and keeps me locked in this place. I can't even call the cops, the place i live is notorious for corruption. Most people are not only alien to me but unable to talk about my favorite subjects, not to mention that Tatari, or the collective unconscious, plays those people like puppets against me all the time (i wish this was an exaggeration, but that thing has even spoken to me), i keep looking for help or solace and nothing happens, aside from noticing the pattern thru which all things seem to structure themselves, time and time again.

And still, i'm just a bunch of pieces that look forward to falling apart when they feel safe enough to do so... But i've longed for that for so many years that i think i'm giving up on this happening, and that i'll be forever stuck as a bunch of pieces floating apart but still in a semblance of a shape.

I'm not whole, that's 'all'. I'm just something that's void, but still, contradictorily, doesn't fall apart.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    You ever try writing poetry? With prose that colourful you're a sure bet to get some collections published.

No that wasn't a sarcastic dig. Legit suggestion.

Blog Entries
    well, his name is purple teardrops...

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wh40k is filled with mystical cyphers and whatnot... The number 40 itself has something to it. That song is pleasant, btw.

As for writing... Poetry and i haven't truly gotten along, although it hasn't been uncommon for my writing to feel like poetry, rhymes and all.
    I want to write a book, or more than one, to tell the truth... One of them is nearly finished in my head, another one, the beginning and its ending are already completed... The middle (always the middle) is still void, though.

On the other hand, while i do have access to the internet in the drug 'rehabrainwash' facility i'm currently locked in, i don't think i should write anything here... My family sorta wants me to write. I don't want to 'reward' them with my writing until my freedom gets returned to me... Assuming it ever will, that is; i feel as though there's a huge guillotine blade hanging above my head, especially given that should those bastards want to, they'll just label me as a schizophrenic and have me locked somewhere else.

I can't lower my defenses, the moment someone feels mildy comfortable in places like this, the person may be subtly manipulated into believing in anything. I've been feeling like putting a permanent end to this life, with any luck i'll get a continue screen and a list of saved game slots.

Well, drastic and likely effective solutions aside, do you think i could somehow make money with my writing on the internet? I can't even leave this cursed place to open a bank account, after all. I've been feeling like writing for a payment for a long time, but i'm not sure that'd be wise unless i managed to get paid, perhaps enough to get a lawyer. Maybe i could somehow look for a job as a housemaid wearing a victorian uniform, though, as long as the employer doesn't mind me getting high on pot all the time and trying to learn time-travel magics.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Writing on the internet can make you money, but it's difficult and not too rewarding. I considered the option myself at a time where career prospects seemed nonexistent.

Besides the route of just writing novels or short stories and selling them as ebooks on, say, Amazon, you can submit short stories and/or poems to various journals and the like that hold contests with prizes on an annual basis. Those usually cost either a small fee to enter, or are completely free. The prizes are rarely enough to live off of, though, usually a few hundred or thousand dollars, and competition is stiff to say the least. If you're not particularly attracted to creative writing there's always copywriting and the like, but I don't know enough about the field to comment.

Blog Entries
    read shit popular original story

write shit fan-fic

re-write shit fan-fic into shit popular original story

profit

- - - Updated - - -

shit

- - - Updated - - -

or spew out some dribble every other week each month on patreon after you've amassed a decent-sized following

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    right there's that option