Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Damn
    How'd you do that
    Not that hard, that was the last time I slept before five and woke up before twelve this week.

sleep schedule bad
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    And that, my friends, is the opinion of someone who doesn't actually know Germanic cultures, Romance cultures, or anything about love, and I seriously doubt they even know anything about sex - or at least sex that hasn't been paid for.
    You're Brazilian. You guys are pretty much the only known exception to everything I just said... You and Colombians (and I'd know because I'm CURRENTLY here!)

Europe though? Don't argue against the Barcelonan.

- - - Updated - - -

When's the last time you woke and you actually felt refreshed and well rested?
    In 2012... when the world still made some sense. Then the new 10's said "hello" and everything good went dead at the drop of a hat.

Like nice people, for example. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything!" was in the Internet Constitution prior to 2013. Then someone scrapped it around Jun 2012 and it all went down from there.

>the world
    >making sense

I mean with viewpoints like that and the romance thing I can see why you don't understand za warudo

>the world
    >making sense

I mean with viewpoints like that and the romance thing I can see why you don't understand za warudo
    There must be something weird now that wasn't around back then, because at the time, I was always two steps ahead of everyone and their mother... down to the point I literally quit a credit card only to end up being called by a company offering me a far better one and was pretty much able to get preferential treatment at airports because... because.

Now? It's always someone having problems of some sort and when it's not the case, it's me having problems.

Then again, as a "light" control freak who had essentially controlled everything to the point of complacency, I can see why you wouldn't understand my viewpoint at all.

sure that must be it

sure that must be it
    If you have a problem, what are you waiting for? Go on, spit it!

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything!"

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything!"
    I see nothing wrong with that unless someone is getting hurt or doing something bad. I don't recall having discussions for three years straight when that was the norm and when we did, they often ended with an agreement to disagree, not pages upon pages of endless back and forths until someone grew tired of the dogpiling and bowed out.

That's literally a saying where I'm from! It's in freaking Bambi! So why is this bad in your eyes? Because freedom of expression means "I can" not "I should".

I'm following that particular advice smartypants

I'm following that particular advice smartypants
    I am not the one who lets the vitriol out first, so I have no clue why you take issue with the advice. Unless you're trolling.

Like, your response doesn't seem to be following the advice (good faith).

well this is hopeless
    have a nice day

well this is hopeless
    have a nice day
    *Rolls eyes* Whatever you say sir...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    You're Brazilian. You guys are pretty much the only known exception to everything I just said... You and Colombians (and I'd know because I'm CURRENTLY here!)

Europe though? Don't argue against the Barcelonan.
    Look, even if we set aside how your premise isn't well-founded, to put it mildly, you're still disregarding close to a millenium, at least, of German and English works about love, eroticism, and everything in between (there's a reason why "Victorian bodice-ripper" entered the vernacular, for instance), and also the decades of Belgian and Italian underground erotica which went on at least until the 90's, and for all I know is still ongoing, all for starters. Or do you think Milo Manara's work, just to stick to probably the most well-known of those artists, cares about love and tenderness?

Now, I'll admit I don't know much about modern Spain specifically; my understanding is that Franco's dictatorship (and Salazar's over at Portugal) actually suppressed a lot of erotic art. That said, despite what some racist trash may argue, Brazilian sensuality did not come only from the African slaves or the Native Brazilians, and I seriously doubt the Argentinean tango, for instance, had absolutely no influence from Europe.

Seriously, go see more of the world, either personally or through cultural works. Except for asexuals and aromantics, love and sex are closer siblings than death and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Look, even if we set aside how your premise isn't well-founded, to put it mildly, you're still disregarding close to a millenium, at least, of German and English works about love, eroticism, and everything in between (there's a reason why "Victorian bodice-ripper" entered the vernacular, for instance), and also the decades of Belgian and Italian underground erotica which went on at least until the 90's, and for all I know is still ongoing, all for starters. Or do you think Milo Manara's work, just to stick to probably the most well-known of those artists, cares about love and tenderness?

Now, I'll admit I don't know much about modern Spain specifically; my understanding is that Franco's dictatorship (and Salazar's over at Portugal) actually suppressed a lot of erotic art. That said, despite what some racist trash may argue, Brazilian sensuality did not come only from the African slaves or the Native Brazilians, and I seriously doubt the Argentinean tango, for instance, had absolutely no influence from Europe.

Seriously, go see more of the world, either personally or through cultural works. Except for asexuals and aromantics, love and sex are closer siblings than death and sleep.
    I mean, I'm not being terribly serious with that claim. I'm referring to the recent mainstream stuff: in Nordic and many Germanic countries, love is separate from sex. You can sleep around and not need to be romantic, just nice looking or nice to be with. OTOH, in Southern Europe, while you can shag without romance, more often than not it's assumed you want at least a short term relationship with a woman.

I ain't talking about how they've developed, just the recent developments. You can see it by their disposition: over here, while Franco did suppress erotic art, it flourished once the guy was dead. As late as 2008, outside of Ibiza and Benidorm, picking up a girl just to shag was considered weird unless it was a whore (the expression "irse de putas" originated from this).

For one, I am also no stranger to our aromantic crap, or do you think Torbe is into romance?

Also, I'm no stranger to bodice rippers (and have been trying to write something that would gender-invert it), but they are different products: bodice rippers were the result of the sexual repression of the British and to a lesser extent early America. Romantic erotica thrived in Southern Europe and romance countries instead, the reason being the latter required openness and the former was a result of the lack of it. There's a very good reason why the Don Juan, Latin Lover and Galanterie are concepts associated with Iberia, Latam and France and few equivalents exist in Germanic countries besides the Tarzan-like archetype and... Fabio.

TL;DR I'm talking about primacy of each type, not that friends with benefits don't exist in Southern Europe... or for that matter, that the English and Germans can't into erotica.

As for tango, it originated from Flamenco, which was very sensual and in fact endorsed by el caudillo when he lived, alongside bulls and essentially anything Andalusian, since he had the distinct impression that Andalusian = Spanish. Brazil also inherited some of Portugal's sensual luggage as well as some of Italy's... but there was never the fusion of these as expected: you guys do have, if I recall correctly, your own erotica cinema scene (or had, can't remember), but it diverges so significantly from the Samba/Carnival influence (and I think geographically too. Brazil is essentially divided between the far South and the Center-North) that it almost certainly emerged on its own and only cherry picked from what aspects it liked.

And I couldn't see more of the world if I tried, unless you really don't want me to sleep for more than five hours ever again.

I, uh, don't think "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything!" has ever been part of the internet code. There's been more open conflict from 2014-ish onwards, sure, but that's just a result of more types of people (and more people, period) using the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I mean, I'm not being terribly serious with that claim. I'm referring to the recent mainstream stuff: in Nordic and many Germanic countries, love is separate from sex. You can sleep around and not need to be romantic, just nice looking or nice to be with. OTOH, in Southern Europe, while you can shag without romance, more often than not it's assumed you want at least a short term relationship with a woman.

I ain't talking about how they've developed, just the recent developments.
    I'd argue you're still being over-generalising and basing yourself at best on second-hand accounts, at worst on national stereotypes.

Also, reminder that the Don Juan myth is traditionally very sexually repressive, as the eponymous Don is cast into Hell as punishment for his sins.

Blog Entries
    Hell yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    yas queen
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    got em
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.