Page 10264 of 10279 FirstFirst ... 926497641016410214102541025910262102631026410265102661026910274 ... LastLast
Results 205,261 to 205,280 of 205568

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Uh, yes. Literal pulp (as in, very cheap paper) fiction magazines, typically fantasy or soft sci-fi. Penny Dreadfuls, Dime A Dozens, they've had many names over the centuries.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    I meant more to it than that, especially the contemporary media culture bit. Tarantino's relationship to textuality is notably internet in nature.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Fucker of the Kirei Kirei_fucker69's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No
    US Friend Code
    Phone broke, account lost
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Yes. That's the joke. That there are excitable people out there for whom they mean far, far too much, in service of something stupid.
    I see, I misread you as being on the "how dare they send condolences" side. That being said, at least some of the Obituaries were harsh on him. Although Alfred Nobel could attest that there's a long tradition of scathing Obituaries for public figures.

JP Friend Code
    No
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideofago View Post
    I meant more to it than that, especially the contemporary media culture bit. Tarantino's relationship to textuality is notably internet in nature.
    How? I've never actually watched anything by Tarinto, he started pre-internet, right? Or at least pre-popular use of it. It'd be hard to call what people did pre-internet as "internet in nature".

Blog Entries
    Internet as a physical phenomena comes with the backbone of the ARPANet, a network of assorted PDPs and Unixes developed by the titular Advanced Research Projects Agency. However, aesthetically speaking, and specifically, with regards to media studies and communication, the interesting part of the internet is the inter part- interconnected networks. This makes sense with stories because they're chains of events, with a single difference: they have an order(and a single one, at that). This is why multiverses and time travel become interesting: they allow you to mess with Causality(the order of the chain of events). Networks are also chains of events, but remember that difference: they don't have a single order. However; they can have one. This is the distinction between potential and actual causality. Tying this back to Tarantino, his movies are textually (this is, their nature as a text, a piece of media that has been used to leave information recorded) internet in nature for many reasons: his narratives are usually time hopping and flashback made, exploring a single causal chain of events in multiple, fun interesting ways (though the time hopping shenanigans also happen in a single order of their own, a key point to make). Their thematics however, are the juicy bits. The morals of the stories, what is left behind when all is said and done, is layers deep, and no small part of those layers is Tarantino being a movie geek. Their essence, the thing that makes them go, is so wrapped up in movie shtick that you couldn't be realistic and be a Tarantino movie; though his movies are not fantasies in the slightest (very fictional as they are). The thing that really sets them apart however, or at the very least, the best example, is a very simple one: the first scene in Reservoir Dogs, where the director himself spews about popular culture. This scene is so movie geek-like, so both being there for the sake of making a few jokes and at the same time being the equivalent of a functional narrative cornerstone, that anything of its kind could never have existed in a world without what makes the internet tick: inter-textuality. In every level, from the most abstract of themes to the stupidest of dialogues, Tarantino is self-referential, irreverent to any hierarchies of culture, and utterly wrapped up in the moment. Tarantino is a living meme.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

It intrigues me as much as it frustrates me to note that whenever discussion of Warhammer 40k comes up, the main point of agreement seems to be that nobody can agree with anyone else what Warhammer 40k is.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

In truth Fishrin, you truly are the Warhammer 40.000.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It intrigues me as much as it frustrates me to note that whenever discussion of Warhammer 40k comes up, the main point of agreement seems to be that nobody can agree with anyone else what Warhammer 40k is.
    It really originally did use to be a joke setting, but fairly quickly turned serious, due to hired writers not knowing any better. Because of its inherent absurdity, it best finds its narrative place as black comedy about war with a serious undercurrent, in the vein of Blackader, M.A.S.H., or Sam Vimes type Discworld stories. I'd recommend reading All Guardsman Party Storytime for a taste of how the last one looks.
    If you ask me, Larian should have made Rogue Trader, fill it with its peepeepoopoo teehee macaroni style writing, and Owlcat should have made BG3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It really originally did use to be a joke setting, but fairly quickly turned serious, due to hired writers not knowing any better. Because of its inherent absurdity, it best finds its narrative place as black comedy about war with a serious undercurrent, in the vein of Blackader, M.A.S.H., or Sam Vimes type Discworld stories. I'd recommend reading All Guardsman Party Storytime for a taste of how the last one looks.
    If you ask me, Larian should have made Rogue Trader, fill it with its peepeepoopoo teehee macaroni style writing, and Owlcat should have made BG3.
    See, (as is tradition) I disagree with most of that. The setting toed the line between parody and serious from the outset, Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clouseau and all. Yes, Orks were hooligans and Space Marines would fuck Eldar on occasion, but it was never M.A.S.H. The All Guardsman Party storytime (been read up on it since it was screencaps saved from /tg/) illustrates that as well; for all the comedic nature of the narration they still go through a speedrun of 40k cliches. Stuck in the Warp on a shitty voidship, fighting a full-on Tyrannid horde, trying to stop a cabal of heretics from completing a ritual before the planet goes tits up and turns Daemonworld, fighting through a Necron Tomb and back... It's still very much a pulp action flick, not a comedy. The entirety of Ciaphas Cain is in the same vein (Flashman ripoff) and they're official novels to boot.

As for Larian, I like them and all but they wouldn't have done 40k justice. Owlcat would've made a monstrosity in the exact same spirit of the previous 2 Baldur's Gate games but without the Bioware/Obsidian combo writing and Larian would've probably made something closer to Portal than 40k.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    No
    US Friend Code
    Every time I hear someone refer to this site as BL, my mind reads it as Boys' Love pretty much immediately.
    I remember being really confused as to why I had the "Totally not BL wiki" in my bookmarks.

US Friend Code
    makes sense with that name.
    何処に行くの

You would not be the first to make that joke.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Through complete and utter chance, I learnt that a rotten person who caused me a stupid amount of grief died days ago, in her thirties.

I feel sick, I guess. Slightly angry? Disgusted.

The randomness of how I found out is sitting with me.

None of it bears mentioning irl.
    IYKYK

Blog Entries
    Was it a school bully?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I remember when the class asshole died, it was the summer after graduation. He went canoeing drunk in the middle of the night.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideofago View Post
    Was it a school bully?
    No lol. Give me more credit than that.

She was a human wrecking ball and a monument to the idea that if you only burn through one third of the people you befriend while providing a utility to the untouched two thirds, you can continue on your bullshit indefinitely. People love their fun dispensers.
    IYKYK

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The financials got approved on the apartment lol

What a day in tsugumidom. Very autofiction-y.
    IYKYK

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Affording housing is my favourite fiction trope !
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    HAH.
    IYKYK

US Friend Code

probably wouldn't have given this a second glance at all if it weren't for the serial bear poster here.
    何処に行くの