Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I wonder which philosopher that one was supposed to be for
    Nietzsche
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Thanks Seika.
    I wonder if someone here agreed with the "Mediocre people are always trying to put me down"
    I'm pretty sure Break agreed with that.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I'm pretty sure Break agreed with that.
    Spoilers always trying to bring Break down.

Break fighting the good fight

i'mkiddingbreakplsspoilstuff.
    Last edited by JetKinen; October 14th, 2015 at 12:53 AM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Banned
    Blog Entries
    When my faggotry meter is charged enough, I'll just browse shit like Dynasty Reader, hitting funny sounding tags. I'll also binge read random martial arts comics for mixes of complete and utter comedy at the impossibilities and suspended disbelief for FUCK THE YEAH moments at the same time. If I had any real preference, it'd be true dark comedy, where seemingly insane things actually make the most logical sense due to the absurdity of situation, causing emotional discomfort due to identifying with the normally insane actions while reading, but realizing that I'd be a horrible human if I did it myself in any other circumstance.

Will I get a warning since I'm referring to my own perception of my tendencies, intended as completely separate from hurling slurs at people? For perspective, my sister is a lesbian carpenter and one of my best friends is gay, and I would never refer to either of their actions as faggotry (even with Nate's personal proclamations that he is a flaming queen, and no one disagreeing).

JP Friend Code
    897036422/300565270
    Blog Entries
    I feel scared as the only one with Hume at 100%.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Seika.
    I wonder if someone here agreed with the "Mediocre people are always trying to put me down"
    Those brackets were, in fact, the truth (and I'm glad I put them there), because I got that pretty badly wrong. Shouldn't rely on half-remembered mentions, apparently.

He's just as critical about reasoning as he is about sense data, arguing that even logical systems fail to be essentially verifiable. Concrete proof of anything is lacking - but, in consequence, one might as well take one's experiences at face value (thereby avoiding the nihilistic trap of pure solipsism), while just keeping in mind that nothing is necessarily true.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hume is great. don't be scared. Dude just got to the end of his line of reasoning, decided he had enough fun drinking and playing board games with his friends, and thought that was good enough. (Severely simplified and not really reflective of all of the work he put in, but dude is legit amazing).

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Those brackets were, in fact, the truth (and I'm glad I put them there), because I got that pretty badly wrong. Shouldn't rely on half-remembered mentions, apparently.

He's just as critical about reasoning as he is about sense data, arguing that even logical systems fail to be essentially verifiable. Concrete proof of anything is lacking - but, in consequence, one might as well take one's experiences at face value (thereby avoiding the nihilistic trap of pure solipsism), while just keeping in mind that nothing is necessarily true.
    Ah i see.
    Makes more sense with me now.

- - - Updated - - -

Aquinas (100%)
    Aristotle (100%)
    Augustine (100%)
    Hume (100%)
    Kant (100%)
    Nietzsche (100%)
    Plato (100%)
    Protagoras (100%)
    Sextus Empiricus (100%)

I'm the Alpha and Omega.
    Just testint what happens when you pick "no preference" for everything

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MZeroX View Post
    Will I get a warning since I'm referring to my own perception of my tendencies, intended as completely separate from hurling slurs at people? For perspective, my sister is a lesbian carpenter and one of my best friends is gay, and I would never refer to either of their actions as faggotry (even with Nate's personal proclamations that he is a flaming queen, and no one disagreeing).
    Despite knowing she was a lesbian for years, my half sister only came out to me after a joke her eventual wife made 2 years ago. We were floating down a river on vacation and we happened to float next to, and have a conversation with, another group of people. I think I was the only one who hadn't been drinking alcohol. The other group consisted of a black man, a hispanic man, a white rapper, and a man who was apparently from the Middle East. Everybody started making jokes about each other and one of them commented that we could get together and make the most offensive movie ever. My half sister's girlfriend then commented that with the two of them they could make all the gay jokes they wanted. The my half sister spent the rest of the night trying to come out to me while awkwardly avoiding the L word. I still haven't told her I'm bi which I kind of feel awful about.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sextus Empiricus (100%)
    Protagoras (66%)
    Hume (56%)
    Aristotle (42%)
    Plato (35%)
    Nietzsche (34%)
    Kant (21%)
    Aquinas (2%)
    Augustine (0%)

I think I got these results because the mediocre people who made this test were impeding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aquinas (100%)
    Aristotle (100%)
    Augustine (100%)
    Hume (100%)
    Kant (100%)
    Nietzsche (100%)
    Plato (100%)
    Protagoras (100%)
    Sextus Empiricus (100%)

I'm the Alpha and Omega.
    Just testint what happens when you pick "no preference" for everything
    Huh...
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    Despite knowing she was a lesbian for years, my half sister only came out to me after a joke her eventual wife made 2 years ago. We were floating down a river on vacation and we happened to float next to, and have a conversation with, another group of people. I think I was the only one who hadn't been drinking alcohol. The other group consisted of a black man, a hispanic man, a white rapper, and a man who was apparently from the Middle East. Everybody started making jokes about each other and one of them commented that we could get together and make the most offensive movie ever. My half sister's girlfriend then commented that with the two of them they could make all the gay jokes they wanted. The my half sister spent the rest of the night trying to come out to me while awkwardly avoiding the L word. I still haven't told her I'm bi which I kind of feel awful about.
    For me, I just don't care what gets people going, as long as shit is rationally consented and non-destructive to public property. And the public property part is a built construct on assumption of necessary society for humans. If there was a workable and fair society without public property as a necessary construct, then I'm cool with just rationally consented. Now, funny "special" parts of humanity like people cumming on actual rocks as their thing does miss the consented portion if you ascribe to something like a fully spiritual pantheism, but I'm assuming a more widely modern world view. Also, non-destruction of public property wouldn't be placed as an ultimate premise in all cases, since public uprisings can be merited in select cases. But that shit doesn't usually concern itself with the topic of sexual orientation, so we can ignore that.

Observing people is just interesting to me, because in spite of many thinking that people are beyond animals, a lot of everyday tendencies just seem to be animals being assholes to each other as a norm, just with the weird societal rational that makes things a little less predictive when people are teetering between the edge of giving priority to impulse or reason. And I mean interesting not in the "haha stupid shit funny" sense, but rather in the "these are the currently defining features of my species, deng, that's somehow amazing" sense.

So yeah, if you feel guilty about it, I guess maybe plan a way to come out about it, if the guilt levels are reaching actual levels of existential importance.

Blog Entries
    So yeah, if you feel guilty about it, I guess maybe plan a way to come out about it, if the guilt levels are reaching actual levels of existential importance.
    The problem with that is that I'm afraid she would tell the rest of my family. Not on purpose mind you, but she drinks a LOT of alcohol, so I'm worried she'd let it slip. I pretty much know what my family's reactions would be. My mother would break down in tears, my dad wouldn't say anything against it but he wouldn't be happy about it. My grandmother would be shocked and likely disgusted, my aunts would find it unnatural, most of my cousins wouldn't care much. Ironically despite me and my sister hating each other(completely separate from my half sister, I get along fine with my half sister) I don't think she would actually care about me being bi. Though she might call me a faggot just to insult me.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus most of the people where I live that aren't related to me would be disgusted as well.

Banned
    I played through Chapter 3 to the end of Read Only Memories tonight. Strong game, some minor mechanical flaws and some stylistic choices that mildly annoy me because I am a grouch (two tone hair everywhere aaaaaah) but it's still good. Will probably make a thread for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ah, family and cultural restrictions. Shit's rough. =/

That shit is really unfortunate. I really feel like family members are supposed to support each other, but close-minded shit like that makes it really hard since an immediate proximity majority makes it seem like you're the one betraying them; from a broader perspective, though, it can be said that they're betraying their roles as family members. I can't really do anything about, so I all I can really do is hope that things get a little better over time. Good luck, bro. =/

Blog Entries
    Ah, family and cultural restrictions. Shit's rough. =/

That shit is really unfortunate. I really feel like family members are supposed to support each other, but close-minded shit like that makes it really hard since an immediate proximity majority makes it seem like you're the one betraying them; from a broader perspective, though, it can be said that they're betraying their roles as family members. I can't really do anything about, so I all I can really do is hope that things get a little better over time. Good luck, bro. =/
    Thanks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yo, do you have manga rec's in the same line as Prunus Girl? The balance of romcom, slice of life, and dgaf is a lot of fun, but it's kinda hard to find.

Blog Entries
    Yo, do you have manga rec's in the same line as Prunus Girl? The balance of romcom, slice of life, and dgaf is a lot of fun, but it's kinda hard to find.
    Give me a second to go back through some stuff I've read.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just to be clear do you mean others that also have traps?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Eh, doesn't need to be. I don't mind at all if they do, though. Could be as straight as a line on toroid seen from euclidean space for all I care, as long is execution isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Why are you assuming that every animator at Ufo is a straight male? The close up tight shot of her reinforced legs is because she just reinforced her legs.
    Well no, every animator at Ufo is a lesbian woman, you're absolutely right. The majority of anime caters to lesbian women actually, they dominate the industry. They dominate the world, actually

Thank you Break, you're eyeopening