Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Yeah, I will have to sink way more money than I'm used to and eat my words regarding Epic... Oh well, they are still right anyways.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cham Cham in SamSho, Black Knight in GBF, good haul today.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, the wonderful gems that you can find on Youtube.

I love how most of the comments are something along the lines of "they had us in the first half". It was truly a masterclass of subverted expectations.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    *Now appearing in Yakuza:Like a Dragon.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    It hurts my soul that my favourite summoning mechanic can be condensed from across six series into a mere ten minutes. 50% of that being the original series too.

I'm not even asking for an MC to use Rituals, just a regular supporting character who competently duels with a deck involving them would suffice. Is that too much to ask Toei?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So Aoi Yuki, not 1, not 2, but 3 vampires? Krul and Mina Tepes, along with Sunako Kirishiki. I guess that I should watch Shiki, huh?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's so easy to get lost in the new Monster Hunter game. For the last week since it came out I've been telling myself I'll just run a few small quests while watching the daily new youtube uploads, and next thing I know I've spent hours depopulating areas during fetch quests because what am I gonna do, not hunt them when they're right in front of me and I need one more tail to get the full armour set?

And I'm still in the easy mode part of the game too, so I know none of these are going to viable later, but come on, that one set looks like Sadira from Killer Instinct.

Blog Entries
    Why can't all adverts be as amazing as this? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It hurts my soul that my favourite summoning mechanic can be condensed from across six series into a mere ten minutes. 50% of that being the original series too.

I'm not even asking for an MC to use Rituals, just a regular supporting character who competently duels with a deck involving them would suffice. Is that too much to ask Toei?
    It doesn't help that since 5DS, the anime focuses on the new summoning mechanic and doesn't show the past ones that much or not at all. The most use I've seen of it recently was in Vrains by Playmaker and Soulburner.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It's so easy to get lost in the new Monster Hunter game. For the last week since it came out I've been telling myself I'll just run a few small quests while watching the daily new youtube uploads, and next thing I know I've spent hours depopulating areas during fetch quests because what am I gonna do, not hunt them when they're right in front of me and I need one more tail to get the full armour set?

And I'm still in the easy mode part of the game too, so I know none of these are going to viable later, but come on, that one set looks like Sadira from Killer Instinct.
    Sounds like MonHun at its finest. Gonna have to stop visiting general Monster Hunter subs for a while...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes, I wonder does people have "I hate you" club/group behind my back.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Sometimes, I wonder does people have "I hate you" club/group behind my back.

Familiar with the feeling, but beyond your run-of-the-mill up-too-late paranoia, it's unlikely that even people who may dislike you are dedicating time and energy to hating you when you aren't in their direct field of vision. It deals some psychic damage to know that you may be observed by someone who might talk about you behind your back or even plot to make you feel bad, awkward, shut out, whatever, but they probably only do it when you are somewhere they'd be looking anyway. And people who would do that without being given a lot of reason are probably not worth your consideration, especially when they're hypothetical specters anyway.

Most of the time, people are involved with their "I am the protagonist" view on life, and dedicating time and energy to a club of hating someone sort of implies that you're more of a main character than your haters, which is a status your haters wouldn't grant to you anyway.

I think this feeling might be most productively addressed by looking at its mirror image. For example "Is there a club of people who hate me?" = "Do I feel that my current social support group(s) are not providing me with enough verifiable emotional support?" are usually basically the same feeling.

/not a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's also a lot of effort to go to for someone you profess to dislike that much. I've disliked co-workers before but all the shit talking I did of them was in the vein of "Fuck I just had to spend 20 minutes fixing X's mistakes from last week" or "I just walked by X, and rather than working he was trolling a dating site for MILFs. Yes, even though his GF is seven months pregnant".

Blog Entries
    I've gotta know if "X" is the same person in both examples because how much of a train wreck can one person be?

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Mm...
    It just these feelings come from people that I should being neutral with rather than some guy that openly hate me...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes. Yes he is. He got the job for being the BF of the Manager's Wife's Highschool Friend. There's about a dozen other stories I have about him, such as spending his entire paycheck on a pair of Jordans (or some other expensive sneaker, I don't know fashion) then having to beg his GF's dad for enough money to buy a carseat for their incoming child, or insisting on being the one to always drive the aforementioned car, even though he didn't have a license due to his impaired driving charge.

It was a pain in the ass to live through but now any time I feel down about the goings on in my life, I can look back and think "at least I'm nowhere near as bad as him".

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Not quite the same thing, but I was briefly involved in a "let's get this guy fired" club in highschool. Though I guess calling it a club is a bit too charitable, more like a... gossip corner? Anyway, some girls really didn't like a teacher and, yeah, highschool girls are scary. I didn't really "attend" much and nothing came of it as far as I knew.

Looking back on it, I guess it was more like a tsundere fan club than anything, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Yes he is. He got the job for being the BF of the Manager's Wife's Highschool Friend. There's about a dozen other stories I have about him, such as spending his entire paycheck on a pair of Jordans (or some other expensive sneaker, I don't know fashion) then having to beg his GF's dad for enough money to buy a carseat for their incoming child, or insisting on being the one to always drive the aforementioned car, even though he didn't have a license due to his impaired driving charge.

It was a pain in the ass to live through but now any time I feel down about the goings on in my life, I can look back and think "at least I'm nowhere near as bad as him".
    I really miss those "Faith in Humanity" posts some bloke used to put up. It's been a dwindling resource lately.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; April 17th, 2021 at 03:47 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Mm...
    It just these feelings come from people that I should being neutral with rather than some guy that openly hate me...
    This is how you are feeling about how others feel about you, though, isn't it?

Always good to know you're not swirling in the dregs but useful to remember that irresponsibility like that is often cyclical if not personally justifiable.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix with a Silent X View Post
    This is how you are feeling about how others feel about you, though, isn't it?
    Yes. But I mean, that's the entire premise of it. I was wondering exactly because I feel that way. I aware that this is all born from my feeling because I don't know what happened behind things that I can't see.

When I saw someone in similar position but being treated differently. When I don't think I have ever done anything to them to deserve those treatment. When I asked directly to them is there something wrong and I willing to change, but they say there isn't, but they still treat me differently anyway after that. When from time to time people talk shit behind others back, in a different group that the guy isn't there.

Maybe there is no exaggerated thing like such a club, but being treated differently are real. Acknowledging this is all from my head will not help a lot when it keeps happening again and again. It will periodically comeback.