Page 10088 of 10095 FirstFirst ... 908895889988100381007810083100861008710088100891009010093 ... LastLast
Results 201,741 to 201,760 of 201890

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

  1. #201741
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,352
    US Friend Code
    326,832,196
    Blog Entries
    1
    That's true, the only one I still see people consistently refer to with acronyms or abbreviations are... SAO and EVA? Maybe MHA, sometimes.

    Though, there are all the "official abbreviations" with all the LN adaptations nowadays.
    Last edited by pinetree; April 29th, 2020 at 11:05 AM.

  2. #201742
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,209
    Nah, initialisms are alive and well, but in the age of longer and longer titles the Japanese system of syllabic shorthand is generally easier to remember and use. I'd definitely take BokuBen over BTWBGD. Shorter titles, like MHA/BNHA or KnY, are right back to initials.

    And even then sometimes it's a wash regardless of size, like KamiNomi vs TWGOK. I see the second a lot more often.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; April 29th, 2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Shitty gacha games I have wasted hours of my life on

    Currently playing:

    -Fate/Grand Order
    -Granblue Fantasy
    -Girls Frontline
    -Azur Lane

    Dropped/on hiatus (never ever):
    -Fire Emblem Heroes
    -Symphogear XDU
    -Langrisser
    -Kidou Sentai Iron Saga
    -PMMM: Magia Record
    -Dragalia Lost
    -Epic Seven
    -SinoAlice

    PM for friend codes/fellow commiserating. Please no interventions, it's too late to save me.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  3. #201743
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,652
    yea i def shouldve said acronym cause that was what i was talking about. these days feels like its more common either use the most defining word of the title or as you said the japan derived style of picking pieces of different words and gluing them together into one official nickname. Back in the day discussions were full of these hamfisted confusing and ugly letter salads. TWGOK and KGNE are the first that spring to mind when i think of ugly.

    like i swear if, say, kaguya-sama came out 15 years ago people wouldve called it KswK or something isntead of just kaguya-sama.

    - - - Updated - - -

    tfw someone says ZnT and i start thinging about zero no tsukaima when theyre talking about zetsuen no tempest

    - - - Updated - - -

    i guess KnK is pretty crowded these days too

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    And even then sometimes it's a wash regardless of size, like KamiNomi vs TWGOK. I see the second a lot more often.
    It probably has to do with the fact that TWGOK got popular in the west a long time ago. I personally still use TWGOK despite its ugliness because thats what i learned to use. im just glad everyone somehow grew out of SHnY.

  4. #201744
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,209
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    yea i def shouldve said acronym cause that was what i was talking about. these days feels like its more common either use the most defining word of the title or as you said the japan derived style of picking pieces of different words and gluing them together into one official nickname. Back in the day discussions were full of these hamfisted confusing and ugly letter salads. TWGOK and KGNE are the first that spring to mind when i think of ugly.

    like i swear if, say, kaguya-sama came out 15 years ago people wouldve called it KswK or something isntead of just kaguya-sama.

    - - - Updated - - -

    tfw someone says ZnT and i start thinging about zero no tsukaima when theyre talking about zetsuen no tempest

    - - - Updated - - -

    i guess KnK is pretty crowded these days too

    - - - Updated - - -


    It probably has to do with the fact that TWGOK got popular in the west a long time ago. I personally still use TWGOK despite its ugliness because thats what i learned to use. im just glad everyone somehow grew out of SHnY.
    I almost got into an argument with someone because of that exact conflation, no joke. He was trashtalking Zetsuen no Tempest (a shame, really, it had a lot going for it even though I never finished it myself) and I was trying to defend Zero no Tsukaima.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Shitty gacha games I have wasted hours of my life on

    Currently playing:

    -Fate/Grand Order
    -Granblue Fantasy
    -Girls Frontline
    -Azur Lane

    Dropped/on hiatus (never ever):
    -Fire Emblem Heroes
    -Symphogear XDU
    -Langrisser
    -Kidou Sentai Iron Saga
    -PMMM: Magia Record
    -Dragalia Lost
    -Epic Seven
    -SinoAlice

    PM for friend codes/fellow commiserating. Please no interventions, it's too late to save me.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  5. #201745
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,318
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post

    tfw someone says ZnT and i start thinging about zero no tsukaima when theyre talking about zetsuen no tempest
    Who ever talks about Zetsuen no Tempest in the first place? I love the show, have the 1st OP in my main playlist, and I barely ever think about it. I blame the trees.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  6. #201746
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  7. #201747
    Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,417
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Huh, advertised drawing of Sakura Wars main cast is Tite Kubo and other characters are by BUNBUN. No wonder those artstyles look familiar.

    And one day, before the pandemic, I found a physical copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake. Even though I don't have a PS4, I planned to buy that one for reasons unknown to me.

    Then the pandemic and Let's Plays began, and dang, I decided to buy a PS4 too. But yep, price is too steep for me. -.-
    Not dealing with it...

    Why even try?


    This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

  8. #201748
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Huh, advertised drawing of Sakura Wars main cast is Tite Kubo and other characters are by BUNBUN. No wonder those artstyles look familiar
    Its full of famous illustrators. London revue charas are BUNBUN, Shanghai revue charas are by Yukiko Horiguchi of KyoAni fame, Berlin charas by the chara designer of Girls und panzer (lol how fitting), and it also has side characters by Noizi Ito, Shigenori Soejima, and even Ken Sugimori.

  9. #201749
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,601
    Gee, this week has sucked. My tablet died, the deliveryman yelled at me and people are ranting at me for criticizing fictional characters and even then, I'm not saying anything I haven't before. What the hell!

    Sadly, I doubt governments will slip in some Valium into respirators, because people are clearly getting cranky and I have no clue why (I'm just having some wine, even if my legs are killing me and the wine needs me to climb several stairs).
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  10. #201750
    DIĒS VENIET ITERVM Walnut Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Anfauglith
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,087
    Why is Google Shopping so useless? If I put terms in quotes and exclude terms with Google's general search, it gives me exact results, but with shopping, none of that works.
    Day will come again.

  11. #201751
    Why are you using google shopping in the first place

  12. #201752
    DIĒS VENIET ITERVM Walnut Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Anfauglith
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,087
    'Cause I didn't know how useless it was.
    Day will come again.

  13. #201753
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,601
    Well, Amazon seems to think vibrators and dildos are essential, so the services are all crap.
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  14. #201754
    It reminds you of innocence and smells like me. Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    https://prixsilentx.carrd.co/
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    11
    It took me a month to receive a sexy pedometer, so I'm offended if true. Irresponsible that someone might die from cardiovascular unfitness while using their essential vibrator because their stepometer didn't come first.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

    Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.



    Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.


  15. #201755
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix with a Silent X View Post
    It took me a month to receive a sexy pedometer, so I'm offended if true. Irresponsible that someone might die from cardiovascular unfitness while using their essential vibrator because their stepometer didn't come first.
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  16. #201756
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,154
    Blog Entries
    5
    The hell? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3x...zYb7w/featured This isn't me. FYI, this is me: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcR...20imM77mLdRZug Ugh, this is like Charlie Chaplin losing his own look-alike contest.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  17. #201757
    DIĒS VENIET ITERVM Walnut Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Anfauglith
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,087
    Best dream last night. Well, not the best, but easily one of the best: watching an abridged 2014 F/sn where they'd modified the footage so much that it was basically a whole new series, one where instead of being chased through the school by Lancer, Shirou was chased by Sakura, two 2-foot-tall things which I suspect were chibified Sella and Leysritt, and a genetically-modified giant tentacle Rin from the future who wants to make him wear women's underwear. And in the meanwhile Archer was also running around in civvies trying to avoid a giant floating Archer head that kept showing up to mock him.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; May 9th, 2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Day will come again.

  18. #201758
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Best dream last night. Well, not the best, but easily one of the best: watching an abridged 2014 F/sn where they'd modified the footage so much that it was basically a whole new series, one where instead of being chased through the school by Lancer, Shirou was chased by Sakura, two 2-foot-tall things which I suspect were chibified Sella and Leysritt, and a genetically-modified giant tentacle Rin from the future who wants to make him wear women's underwear. And in the meanwhile Archer was also running around in civvies trying to avoid a giant floating Archer head that kept showing up to mock him.
    Wait, did Carnival Phantasm get a new season or something (I wish, it was my favorite Fate work).
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  19. #201759
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  20. #201760
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Wait, did Carnival Phantasm get a new season or something (I wish, it was my favorite Fate work).
    yeah its called every fgo joke event ever

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •