Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    The anime of my childhood was Sakura Card Captors. Seriously, I liked that shit way more than Dragon Ball Z or all the stuff they aired on Toonami around here.

I hate it nowadays. The anime series of my childhood - Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, Dragon Ball Z, Sakura, whatever - have NOT aged well. The only one I can still appreciate is Rurouni Kenshin, and even that one is far from being great, in my opinion.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    The anime of my childhood was Sakura Card Captors. Seriously, I liked that shit way more than Dragon Ball Z or all the stuff they aired on Toonami around here.

I hate it nowadays. The anime series of my childhood - Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, Dragon Ball Z, Sakura, whatever - have NOT aged well. The only one I can still appreciate is Rurouni Kenshin, and even that one is far from being great, in my opinion.
    There they go again, pretending Rayearth did not exist. I'm sure you guys also got that one as something like "Magical Warriors", right? We called them "Legendary Fighters Rayearth" over here (well, Colombia now, so they were "Magical Warriors" here as well).

Also, there's only one reason to follow Saint Seiya at all.

Spoiler:

This gorgeous waifu. Step aside Saberfaces!

I swear she looks like an Italian girl I crushed on horribly during Middle and High School. Man, I still dream with her today.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; April 4th, 2020 at 09:55 AM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember Rayearth. Unfortunately, it was very hard to watch because of the wildly changing exhibition schedule. Same with things like Slayers and Love Hina, I was interested but could rarely catch them on tv, unlike Digimon or Dbz who where always on same time every day.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

I remember Rayearth, but I never watched it. I pretty much only consumed what aired on Cartoon Network, and that series was only available on public television (SBT, to be more precise), as far as I recall.

I only got a chance to start cultivating my taste because of the internet, frankly. Before downloading anime off the 'net became so easy, I essentially watched only what Cartoon Network and its ilk decided was good enough for me. Shameful, I know.
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 4th, 2020 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh goodie. My cable just went out. Obviously I still have my phone, but no TV and no PlayStation will totes be a good addition to quarantine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Pardon my ignorance, but you need cable to play the Playstation?

Blog Entries
    not everything but a decent chunk of it. Admittedly I was oversimplifying
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I honestly can't remember the last time I played online on my PS4. I pretty much just connect it to download updates.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Oh goodie. My cable just went out. Obviously I still have my phone, but no TV and no PlayStation will totes be a good addition to quarantine
    At least you still have power. We had some high winds a couple weeks ago, when everyone was gearing down, for corona but not forced closed yet and it lasted form 2pm until midnight. To top it off my phone and laptop we're both at 10% battery when it happened. Lots of manga by candlelight, that night.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    In the spirit of sharing hardships, I had a toothache day before yesterday and while it mercifully stopped at some point after the painkillers, the dentist informed me that the next possible date for an appointment is "whenever the quarantine relaxes". Not especially reassuring.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Super glad I had my dentist appointment right before quarantines started. Especially since my employer has now cancelled all benefits packages while laid off. It's a super scummy thing to do, but I only needed it for dental anyways.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

not everything but a decent chunk of it. Admittedly I was oversimplifying
    How's your mobile coverage. I've literally won games of SWAT in H5 using mobile internet and used it for 720p Prime Video with not many issues, but that might be because we (me and friends) have really badass MiFi internet.

Please don't say it has anything to do with AT&T or that would explain many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    At least you still have power. We had some high winds a couple weeks ago, when everyone was gearing down, for corona but not forced closed yet and it lasted form 2pm until midnight. To top it off my phone and laptop we're both at 10% battery when it happened. Lots of manga by candlelight, that night.
    I literally keep a huge ass UPS plugged in and ready to go at all times. In-between that, laptop battery, Surface with really badass battery and a solar power bank my not-so-ex-girlfriend brought with her mean even if lights go out, no bad stuff for me.

On the other hand, there's literally a cafe beneath my apartment block with chairs outside and it's been closed for weeks now. I snuck out and found out they left their outside seating out on the entrance... and because it's technically part of of the building, I've been using it to cheat the quarantine by going down at night with a woolen blanket and some SBucks stock lattes in a thermos and pretty much stayed there from around 10 PM to 4 in the morning going through my backlog of actual printed books.

I never thought I'd actually say this, but I'm kind of enjoying this quarantine so far. It's... calm.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I was organising the material I had made before this quarantine, and I came across the "example characters" I asked my high school seniors to create - a super-hero and a supervillain. The supervillain, the Necromancer, was more than fine, though I did have to veto a student's suggestion to make him into a necrophiliac. The super-hero, though... The girls won the vote, so the super-hero was actually a super-heroine, so when it came time for the boys to pick her traits, they deliberately picked ones they felt were unappealing: short, fat, hairy, feminist (???), etc., etc.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of that. I was ready for them to try and make her a big-breasted sexpot, but instead they were so resentful at the idea of a female super-hero they tried to give her every negative thing they could think of? I don't know, it was weird. I like those kids, but it's disheartening how prejudiced they can be at times.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I was organising the material I had made before this quarantine, and I came across the "example characters" I asked my high school seniors to create - a super-hero and a supervillain. The supervillain, the Necromancer, was more than fine, though I did have to veto a student's suggestion to make him into a necrophiliac. The super-hero, though... The girls won the vote, so the super-hero was actually a super-heroine, so when it came time for the boys to pick her traits, they deliberately picked ones they felt were unappealing: short, fat, hairy, feminist (???), etc., etc.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of that. I was ready for them to try and make her a big-breasted sexpot, but instead they were so resentful at the idea of a female super-hero they tried to give her every negative thing they could think of? I don't know, it was weird. I like those kids, but it's disheartening how prejudiced they can be at times.
    Creating a gag character isn't prejudice.

I mean, the amount of characters with those traits is enormous and some of the creators are women. OTOH, maybe you should ask they create a superhero and supervillain and assign one to each gender.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar

Sounds like intraclass "politics". High school kids are, after all,still kids.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can understand how disheartening it is to see this kind of attitude in your class Spoony. Also, I hope your school already found a good alternative to keep classes going in this crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Sounds like intraclass "politics". High school kids are, after all,still kids.
    They're still kids but they're old enough to learn what is wrong with this kind of attitude. It's boys being spiteful over girls making decisions or intruding in "boy's stuff".
    You have to work to try to get them away from this kind of sexist reaction that's so normal to them.

Indeed! I've been teaching most of this class since they were in middle school, and while they have matured some in that regard, several of them are still pretty much stuck in their personal bubble.
    Also, we have switched from just uploading video classes to uploading video classes AND online teaching. Yaaaaaay...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, we have switched from just uploading video classes to uploading video classes AND online teaching. Yaaaaaay...
    Well shit, same thing here.
    At least it'll be just for a month (for now). My school is going to anticipate vacations to May.