Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    It's not really that hard in non–critical mode difficulties. It's also pretty easy to dodge everything. Its just that one mistake means death.
    I figured the glorious Dodge Roll you get back due to Limit form makes life a helluva lot easier than the awful Wisdom form dash.

Siriel, I cannot thank you enough. I am completely fine with your biased opinion since you have great taste in things.

You guys are awesome. A lot of my friends got into bitch fights over KH and completely killed my interest, but casually talking about it reminds me why I loved it

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Actually, given that it's like 34 pages I went and uploaded it on 2shared. Just scroll until you reach the game that you haven't played or search it's number.

I wrote them in chronological order, so it's:

Part 1: Important terms and stuff
    Part 2: Birth By Sleep
    Part 3: Kingdom Hearts
    Part 4: Chain of Memories
    Part 5: Kingdom Hearts 2
    Part 6: 358/2 Days
    Part 7: Re:Coded

I note that I make no claim that this summary is objective. It is heavily biased toward my opinions and includes some rants about character decisions I consider stupid (*Cough*Aqua saving Terranort*Cough*) and what I consider the good parts of the franchise.
    It also includes some outdated pre-D3 speculations because I wrote it while waiting for D3 to come out. Obviously anything retconned in D3 is not going to be correct.

However, it should cover most (if not all) of the important events in the games.
    All I see is WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS. Not that I dislike words, but sometimes you can't beat visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by A Curious Stranger View Post
    So you are complaining that he wrote a very extensive and thorough guide for fun, and the greatest flaw about it is...a lack of pictures?

It's large enough as is, just google the images yourself if need be. There's no need for you like a un-appreciative ass.

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    So you are complaining that he wrote a very extensive and thorough guide for fun, and the greatest flaw about it is...a lack of pictures?

It's large enough as is, just google the images yourself if need be. There's no need for you like a un-appreciative ass.
    Goddamnit, didn't mean to come off like that. Just wanted to have a little fun.

Mis-understandings do happen, it's hard to be sarcastic online without coming off as rude. You are forgiven *cue Twilight Zone theme* For now.

So which keyblade is everyone's favorite?

Necowain the II

Blog Entries
    I'm a fan of the incomplete x-Blade. (The complete form is a bit too fancy.)

Admittedly, this is probably because whenever I see it "Unbreakable Chains" plays in my mind and I remember how hyped the final fight against Vanitas made me feel.

That bit where he breaks the platform and D-Links you. So awesome.
    Last edited by Siriel; June 11th, 2013 at 01:03 AM.

Oh gosh, I started off Ventus's story. Now I wish I saved it until after Terra's. That final fight was amazing, the music, and the action commands.

That's a interesting choice, I respect you for not going for the super special awesome haxs version of it. Hmm....my favorite is defintelly Terra's Ends of the World key blade. It's the most satisfying in my opinion to use, and it looks manly!

Necowain the II

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That bit where he breaks the platform and D-Links you. So awesome.
    Last Charge/Last Word is the perfect end for that fight.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, I started off Ventus's story. Now I wish I saved it until after Terra's. That final fight was amazing, the music, and the action commands.
    Ventus had the best final fight by far.

Terranort is just too frustrating - the entire fight is "Wait. Counter. Fail and die.". It's pretty boring when you get the pacing down.

Ventus-Vanitas is for some reason pretty easy as long as you don't forget to reaction command Mickey when he goes "None of this can be changed!" and explodes the area.

Vanitas feels like a mirror-match. He doesn't have a million lifebars and the fight against him is just amazingly fast-paced and yet not frustrating. Plus the D-Links commands are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Last Charge/Last Word is the perfect end for that fight.
    Definitely.
    Last edited by Siriel; June 11th, 2013 at 01:22 AM.

I always wondered why Sora always shouts "LIGHT" at random times, then Ventus does it too. Suddenly the feels hit ;-;

Necowain the II

Blog Entries
    You'll have fun battling those hidden bosses, Owain.(Not as much as Lingering Will on KH2FM+ though) There are two extras in the Final Mix that I really enjoyed too.

I'll be honest, I never played a KH Final Mix before. I had a swap magic but never got around to trying out the PS2 ones, I COMPLETELY forgot about the translated Birth by Sleep Final Mix. Should I drop my english file and start playing that one?

I always loved super hard bosses. My friends call me a psychopath for having so much fun fighting them
    Last edited by Owain; June 11th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

Necowain the II

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah BBSFM+ is worth it for that amazing epilogue. Also the most unfun fun fight ever.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    @Owain If you can, yes.

Also the most unfun fun fight ever.
    I read you and can't help but agree. Brofist required.

I know absolutely nothing about the Final Mix version of Birth by Sleep, but that'll make it interesting. Unless the extras are hidden out of sight...

Necowain the II

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    I read you and can't help but agree. Brofist required.
    Brofist given

- - - Updated - - -

I know absolutely nothing about the Final Mix version of Birth by Sleep, but that'll make it interesting. Unless the extras are hidden out of sight...
    All are in the coliseum except one that is after the main story.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Excellent! On a side note, did anyone else enjoy Chain of Memories?

Necowain the II

Blog Entries
    My playthrough of Chain of Memories consisted of playing at x15 speed and just hammering the button until my opponent died.

So not that much.

Well, it had some funny lines from Axel and Marluxia.

"Imbeciles... You would knowingly shackle your heart with a chain of memories born of lies? You would be the one who has a heart yet cast aside your heart's freedom? You turn from the truth because your heart is weak - You will never defeat me!"

"As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness."

That was almost KH1 Ansem-level ham.
    Last edited by Siriel; June 11th, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chain of Memories is basically my favorite game. Mostly because it was the first one I played it had the fun fights against Riku Replica (the fourth one on Sora's side and the 2nd one on Riku's were amazing and tense and climatic) and it has Namine. I really, really like Namine.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    COM was my first KH game, so fond memories of it. Plus I'm a sprite whore and liked seeing the great graphics on a GBA, of all things.

It doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. Just some of it, because the card system can be a tad unwieldly and not very seamless. That said, I still played the heck out of it. My favorite part of the game was when I finally beat the Riku Replica for the last time in Sora's mode. Absolutely visceral.

Second favorite part was replaying the Marluxia battles just to hear Simple and Clean emanate from my GBA. Man those were the days.

So basically, ^.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.