Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29343738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So uh...about that Kingdom Hearts Union X story update...

Spoilers
    So Marluxia's original identity was a keyblade wielder and he apparently killed newest waifu Strelitzia...

(Fan art) <3

What the frick!?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

This scene has a lot more meaning now:
    Spoiler:

This may also be the reason why Marluxia was put in charge of Castle oblivion, even though he was lower in rank to Vexen, who would be better to look for Ven than an ex-comrade.
    This also may explain why he was so fixed on gaining control over Sora in CoM, since he knows exactly what a keyblade is capable of.
    Shame about Strelitzia though... She was the only one that tried to save the player character, and died for it.

Last edited by kentrix0; August 26th, 2017 at 07:53 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Last edited by Laith; February 10th, 2018 at 04:38 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not suprised to see Marluxia turn up, considering KHX.
    Monsters Inc and Rapunzel were already leaked so nothing special there.
    Good to see Vanitas getting more than just a cameo like he did in DDD.
    Overall, not as hype inducing as the last trailer, but still decent.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Out in Nippon guys.
    burn your dread you coward

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fuck. It took me 14 years to figure out Xehanort is an anagram for No Heart X. I feel so stupid. I just assumed it would be another weird name like all other XIII members, so I never bothered.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damb, the post-game setups are intriguing as hell - at least for me. Time to wait another XIII years XD
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Just finished 3, and I'm man enough to admit I bawled like a baby at the entire last world, especially the ending sequence. This series is very special for me and I couldn't have asked for a happier ending.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Been so long, and yet the game feels so short, and even seems a little incomplete, as though there were supposed to be an entire playable Riku storyline.

Spoilers. Lots of ‘em
    He clearly had some sort of adventure with the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee since he’s using Fenrir.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I have no right to do that cosifrrimh I could have not gotten the game at all.
    I haven’t gotten to the end yet, so I can’t speak of the whole quite yet.

Overall, the world design is gorgeous, but Arendelle was poorly executed, and was a total slog fest of climbing the same mountain multiple times, with a sledding game that was just a little less fun than the one in The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. It could have been exceptionally beautiful, but they covered everything with that foggy blizzard effect for much of the time in that world, and you barely saw any of the Frozen characters. Also, if you haven’t seen the movie, there was virtually no way to follow what the heck was going on at any time. Lots of missed opportunities there, especially with Sven and Olaf.

Moreover, you could tell very clearly that the budget for this was lower than that of either of its predecessors considering they couldn’t get a fair few people. I was never expecting Johnny Depp, or anything, but I was at least expecting Mandy Moore for Rapunzel. Back when KHII was made, wasn’t Jesse McCartney at the height of his fame? He and the late Christopher Lee alone must have cost a sum of money that would make me pass out. And here they couldn’t get Tom Hanks. Not that he’s less of a powerhouse than Lee.

The San Fransokyo was fantastic. I could dig for hours trying to find something wrong with this world and come up empty handed. The Caribbean, on the other hand, was… well, over-the-top gorgeous and I was shocked that Donald and Goofy didn’t look nearly as out-of-place as I would have expected, and I loved Sora’s pirate costume, but the whole world was just hugely overstated. And it overstated its welcome. It was too big, it was practically another game inside the first one, and as fun as the sailing was, this one world probably took them over a year to make on its own, when they could easily have done, let’s say, Ant Island from A Bug’s Life, New Orleans and The Bayou from The Princess and the Frog, and finished Radiant Garden if they had just discarded this over-the-top nonsense. Don’t get me wrong. It was riveting, and I mean that with no sarcasm whatsoever; I loved The Caribbean. But it didn’t need to be quite so intricate. I would have preferred more story, and more repeat Organization encounters than to just get that one ginormous world. Luxor’s was totes rad though.

Twilight Town could not have been better. Actually, it could have; they could have made the inside of the mansion and the bell tower accessible, but seeing Tram Common full of people was heartwarming in a way I find hard to describe.

What bothered me the most though…
    Was the thing that couldn’t be helped.
    Leonard Nemoy is gone.
    Over the years since Birth by Sleep, the thought of Master Xehanort playing a large role in the final instalment just gave me chills, because I just loved Nemoy’s performance that much.
    I cannot forgive Nomura from delegating resources to trash projects that never broke even when he could have been working on this game because Leonard Nemoy passed away before he could complete his role. I sound like a total scumbag… Nemoy really became like Christopher Lee in his later years, in that his voice became incredibly distinctive. And the world is a colder place without him.

Weird how I actually miss celebrities now. Leonard Nemoy, Christopher Lee, Gene Wilder, we’ve even lost Carrie Fisher.
    If Nomura didn’t at least have the good sense to make a memorial for all the staff and talent that passed away while this game was in production during the credits, I’ll be a little offended. But for now, I have a game to finish. And regardless of how torn I am about this game, I know that I’ll ultimately see it in a positive light.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    KHIII got no tears outta me, but I was pretty shook by some of the reunions and departures that happened in the endgame. I got everything I really wanted out of it, sans some more antagonist POV scenes and more time with some more playable characters (actually fucked up that Kairi wasn't playable even for a little bit, but since the series still has aspirations of remaining an active franchise there's still some room to explore other ideas).

Best three worlds, in no particular order, were Corona, The Carribean, and Toy Box. Like the rest of y'all, I hope for more Marvel and the debut of some Star Wars stuff in future titles.

Also, since my first KH was Chain of Memories, I was over the moon to see Marluxia and Larxene again, and was satisfied by what ensued with them, and am hopeful for additional stuff.

KH was my big fandom before I got into T-M, so I feel pretty complete. Also also:
    Spoiler:
    Yozora hype. Hopefully it serves as a nice fresh start/semi-reboot.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; February 5th, 2019 at 10:25 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im reachin caribbean world

The hyperrealistic fur rendering on goofy and donald both amaze and terrify me
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Also also ALSO this had the worst 100 Acre Woood we've had yet. We might as well have not even had one. I'm rather mildly upset at how my boy Eeyore was shafted (and I guess the others, too) and what we instead got was Lumpy, some Peppa Pig-sounding motherfucker.

Addendum of disappointment over.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    Even though Frozen had the worst world, it was still an out of left field surprise to fight alongside Snowzerker. 10/10 idea for a party member, tsuyoi da.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    That, and the Keyblade Graveyard is the weakest endgame world, visually speaking. I appreciate the narrative importance of it to the lore of the franchise, but, uh, deserts aren't very fun to look at or fight in. Sorry. Glad it culminated into Scala ad Caelum, which is up there with 3D's The World Tgat Never Was for best-looking endgame world.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; February 5th, 2019 at 10:54 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Been so long, and yet the game feels so short, and even seems a little incomplete, as though there were supposed to be an entire playable Riku storyline.

Spoilers. Lots of ‘em
    He clearly had some sort of adventure with the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee since he’s using Fenrir.
    Probably not. The keychain is different from Fenrir's, it's just a regular Mickey emblem, and it more closely resembles a modern key than even Fenrir did. It definitely borrows from the Fenrir school of design, though. Guess Mickey got the design from Cloud or something, lol.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    What made the developers think that gating the Ultima Weapon behind multiple terrible minigames was a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    I also have to admit to being disappointed in the 100 Acre Wood. Having the book lose its pages for a third time may have been narratively silly, but I missed going back there every few worlds for a new minigame.

This was by far my favorite final boss setting of the series. Seeing Kingdom Hearts in the background during the final phase was awesome, and hearing Donald and Goofy's voices come out of my controller during the fake game over gave me chills.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    What made the developers think that gating the Ultima Weapon behind multiple terrible minigames was a good idea?
    FFX
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    it really breaks the game twice over

as in, you can beat the bonus boss on the first try without issue

Blog Entries
    Spoilers, and not happy ones
    what in the hell ass balls did I just play

i don’t understand like, half the game, which is probably my fault. I didn’t play chain of memories or the other nine million spin offs, so that’s my fault, I’ll own that.

second, this game felt like such a hack job. So many things that started to develop went nooooooowhere. In particular, the build up of kairi as a key blade wielded went no where. I had been seriously hype for her to stop being so damsely and start kicking some of her own ass. I have been picturing her and sora’s combination attacks for like 19 years. Nope, she kills a heartless or two and gets abducted. Again. Show the girl power sistah!

Felt like even sora was making fun of it when he was talking about how she kept vanishing.

the hell was with the box. I can’t tell if it’s some lame DLC bait or what

i don’t even know what was supposed to be happening with the ending. Kairi’s Back with no explanation, but sora might not be, is she hallucinating? Lol who knows?!

there weren’t enough worlds, and each world felt about a quarter of the size and about a tenth as developed as the worlds from KH1, let alone 2

i...man.

i wanted to like this game

EDIT: oh yeah, one more. What the devil happened to Leon and the rest? Did I miss something in one of the spin offs or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Play the other games, they are not spin offs

Box is a sequel hook. KHIII is not the last KH game

I know paying attention is hard but Young Xehanort tells you without room for doubt, twice, what's the deal with Sora in the ending and Mickey also explains it if you somehow miss it

Worlds were longer than I and II actually. They feel smaller because you don't visit them twice like II and actually have a good layout unlike I

Kairi thing sucked tho yeah