Page 340 of 430 FirstFirst ... 240290330335338339340341342345350390 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    The good news is that it will only play in full once and the rest of the time will be shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, not really liking this opening.

I couldn't understand half the vocals (versus understanding 80% of the ones before on first listen) and the 'action' scenes in this opening seemed kind of boring. Yang vs Mercury was decent, Blake vs Adam seemed... too slow to incorporate that backflip and Weiss vs Emerald and Ruby vs Cinder was way, way too slow. It felt like each shot was slower than the ones before it.

Winter and new guy (Qrow? Looks like a folded up scythe on his back and in the picture) felt... lazy and out of place with the still pumping music and the random flying photograph (what did they walk into each other like Ruby and Weiss did except Winter dropped a photobook instead of Dust) seemed like a poorly done cut to show off Summer, Raven, Qrow and who I can only assume to be Tai Yang.

Bleh. Maybe I'll like it on later views, but didn't feel as pumped by this opening.

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm disappointed but not at all surprised that "old, dusty Qrow" is a stylish pretty boy who looks like one of Team RWBY's classmates instead of Ruby and Yang's uncle.

A grizzled badass who isn't a joke like Port was just too much to ask for.

I tend to completely bypass lyrics when listening to music, really only hearing the notes and arrangement...

New OP doesn't interest me at all, alas; the main line didn't seem like it went anywhere, though at least it didn't have too much of one note repeated over and over (my biggest pet peeve with a lot of popular music). "This will be the day" still first on the list for the three OP's so far for me.

And yeah, the animations are slow. Comparing with the Vol. 2 opening animation, with each 'duel' that is shown, in roughly the same amount of time, there is more happening compared with Vol. 3 OP. The new animator has some big shoes to fill, granted, but personally, I can't think of running across any fight animation anywhere, even in commercial productions (game, film, etc.), which has the speed--but without losing realistic 'flow' of the animation and without going into (resorting to?) a blur that hides the actual movement and contact between the combatants--that Monty used to do... it'll take some doing to live up to that style. FF7: Advent Children is probably the closest I can think of, but it interrupts the fast movements with too many slow-mo shots of the weapon impacts; given his background though, I wouldn't be surprised if FF7:AC was a fair bit of inspiration for Monty.
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; October 15th, 2015 at 10:55 PM.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Time to say goodbye was superior.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Except for one scene this looks incredibly static.

[INCREASED WORRY]
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I do expect that without Monty the look of the show is going to slow down quite a bit. Not only did he just get kineticism in animation, but he also clearly took cues from anime for what does and doesn't work. I dunno how much the other animators absorb from other sources.

Blog Entries
    Not sure I like that new OP either, but things tend to grow on me so we'll see.
    I hope the new tracks will improve.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahhhh, that campy opening song... RWBY, it is.

But yeah, people in the comment sections were already complaining on how it reveals who is who. At this point, the project is so cliche that I have thrown out my brain on trying to making it deep and enjoyed the visuals.

But speaking of the visuals, I could see this sudden drop of quality and could feel it too. This is going haywire.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    People who complain about RWBY's opening spoiling anything are going to have a hard time with this thing called anime from the country of Japan. Spoiler alert, Obito is Madara, Orihime is taken by Aizen, C.C. is a main character, Jonathan's dad dies, Alicia is a Valkyria, Kaneki embraces his ghoul side, and Hijikata turns into a rasetsu.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Qrow's weapon is definitely like the Blood Scythe from BB.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; October 16th, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Qrow looks like a college student who hasn't shaved in a week in this. His concept art made him actually seem his age.

If anything really undercuts this opening, its where the two armies awkwardly slow run towards each other. It's just odd to look at and adds nothing other than an indicator of the lack of fluid motion in the new sequences.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    so meh
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since I didn't see this going back the past couple of pages, this is coming soon too as it's already been Greenlit.

From the look and vague explanation that's given, I think it'll be like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    The game is more exciting than the new season.

...I'll take what I can get. I never believed RoosterTeeth could fully take advantage of what Monty had created anyway.
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

Blog Entries
    RWBY has always been bad.

Just as a reminder.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Holy moly that opening is painful. Disregard everything else, the song destroys the ears alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Song is ok, visuals are sooooooooo bad
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    RWBY has always been bad.

Just as a reminder.
    It's not bad, it's just weird and all.
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Its actually really bad