Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Oh boy, the yuri fanboys go marching...

Someone shoot me please.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So after 2 episodes in I'm making some calls on the finale.

Spoiler:
    Plotline 1, Ironwood reveal: Broadcast is going to be hijacked again, going one of two ways. Either Salem does a direct speech to instill terror as her flying monkeys attack, show the stroing crumbling under her might, etc. Or they send it out to everyone else early so only Atlus is protected from the panic and the rest of the world erupts in chaos.

Plot 2, Maiden and Relics: The maiden is old and NEo and Cinder are incoming so she'll be dead by the seasons end. The plan will probably be to give the power to Winter, which will go to hell when the duo show up and it ends up in Penny, cue "she's more than a machine" speech. Or if the plan is to use Penny as the default then I guess one of the main cast will get it. Weiss is too obvious, Blake has already finished her story arc so I'm guessing one of the sisters. Probably Yang so they can do the Maiden v Maiden Mother-Daughter fight. A Ruby v Cinder would be fitting, but Ruby's got Salem to take out at the end.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Why am I getting major gay vibes from Qrow now?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Clover, that's why. In any case, I'm not sure it'll amount to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I'm really hoping Bumblebee is not the endgame (for the series), but it seems I'd better buckle up otherwise.

Ruby deciding to keep secrets is just to make sure they’re trustworthy but Ozpin deciding to do so is just selfishness? Wut Qrow?

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Hm. watching this last one (#3) it feels.. worse.

Yeah. Don't much like new designs.
    Jaune showing off that he's actually effective now is good.
    Whelp. That's the mandatory 'these guys are awesome scene'. Let's see how consistent this goes.
    Hm. Of course Ruby doesn't have the nuance quite right. Considering she morphs like Vincent.

The lying to Ironwood thing was... is probably a reasonable move. Judging a person's character is a finicky thing. Especially a guy with apocalyptic things on their mind. So the hypocrisy of the lie thing is something they're deliberately doing. But I guess I think the scale is rather too different. Leading followers on blind faith in a hopeless struggle against an existential threat that can't be killed and keeping that quiet vs. not being quite sure about someone they don't really know who seems to have gone full dictator. His response to Oscar also could indicate a certain level of underlying desperation despite his plan.
    The relic is back in their hands, though if brought into conflict they'd struggle to keep it. I'm not sure it's that secure with Oscar. They really should kinda tell him that Salem is unkillable. And I guess that requires telling him that Ozpin is far from infallible.

There's a curious lack of... consequences? follow up? after Weiss' absconding from the family. What's up with the family or is Ironwood's world so far removed from their influence?

This and last season feels like a real railroad into shiptease. Feels forced. I guess monkeyboy gun' get 'zoned in future? ugh, might as pull Ilya back in for some more forced conflict.

Qrow... What, they're making him a wuss now? His VA is getting closer to voice, but still softer in tone. That, then the awkward moment with Ironwood. When they've really not gotten along. He's been really passive so far. If I understand their lingo - then Qrow is bottom for any pairings yes?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Qrow... What, they're making him a wuss now? His VA is getting closer to voice, but still softer in tone. That, then the awkward moment with Ironwood. When they've really not gotten along. He's been really passive so far. If I understand their lingo - then Qrow is bottom for any pairings yes?
    Speaking of, am I the only one getting major gay vibes from Qrow and Alpha? The whole "I'm Bad Luck""Well I'm Good, lets stay together" thing, the "aren't you lonely, a partner really helps", and the straight out of shojou anime "oops, you fell" moment. Maybe I'm just looking for it after Yang and Blake's surprise pairing and the in your face genderfluid stuff in GenLock, but RT hasn't had a gay pairing yet, as far as I know.

Considering what we now know about the Ace Ops, the chances of Qrow x Clover happening have shrunk significantly.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which bit? The fact that one of them is going to turn traitor at the end, because "this is just a job" and Papa Schnee is made of money and evil?

The second one with a hint of the first one.

If I ever meet Miles, I'm gonna shove his arm into the mouth of whoever said I was a bad writer. RWBY is looking more and more like the fandom is engaging in backseat writing and I hate it.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Well this sounds like it's going well.

Only up to #4
    egad. Of course after the last week, gushing over the so awesome cru first thing. ugh.
    So, handpicked elite team and leave one behind. Is this a race thing?
    Also I got what perturbed me in particular about Ruby's new cut. Makes her face look slightly more mature, but I keep getting smol Cinder vibes.
    Finally missing daughter bit is addressed.
    ugh. Been getting the feeling this season that other than his one scene of competence Jaune is reverting to dumb buttmonkey past again.
    Really laying it on thick with the 'I trust you sooo much' there.
    For some reason softer voice Qrow and that scene makes me support HE'S UR DADDY more.
    But yeah, trying to work out Ironwood seems reasonable. He's been quite open with them, except for whatever he's dispatching his personal elite squad minus doggo for.
    Damn, some of team Ace are just annoying.
    ... Are huntsmen teams final fantasy tactics clans?

Hm. FFVII Machinabridged is a much more satisfying watch.
    Last edited by Strange_One; December 11th, 2019 at 04:06 PM.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Given what we've seen so far (going with the first 4 episodes) I have to say... Something is going to go terribly wrong by the end of this Volume.

All of these positive interactions and developments? It's trying to be a smokescreen to mask and sudden shock latter down the line. I think most will think it'll be back to penny, but that feels a bit too obvious. Not sure which one will ultimately bite it at this point.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Qrow would be the easiest to get rid of. On the other hand, Atlas ending up as antagonists/baddies in general could be the big bad moment to counteract all the good vibes. Plus, team RWBY and everyone being more or less brought into the fold in Atlas atm is giving me creepy vibes. Dunno why. Maybe it was the t-shirts they were wearing.

How likely is it for this series to end at Volume 9? I know production has started on V8 and V9, but I'm honestly not sure what state RT will be in during 2021 so...
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikigod784 View Post
    How likely is it for this series to end at Volume 9? I know production has started on V8 and V9, but I'm honestly not sure what state RT will be in during 2021 so...
    We're at 7 now, right? Atlas will be done by the end of this season, and if the pattern holds we'll get another season of travel/character building, then one in Vacuo. By which point they'll probably start the endgame and have another two seasons to sort everything out, probably back in Beacon.

US Friend Code
    Having rewatched some stuff, I came to the annoying revelation that
    Spoiler:
    Winter and Weiss are going to mirror Pyrrha and Jaune, thus cementing whatever the JaunexWeiss ship name is.

Seriously though if all of RWBY end up as maidens by the end I'll be more annoyed than I am at all the real-world allegories going on.
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikigod784 View Post
    Having rewatched some stuff, I came to the annoying revelation that
    Spoiler:
    Winter and Weiss are going to mirror Pyrrha and Jaune, thus cementing whatever the JaunexWeiss ship name is.

Seriously though if all of RWBY end up as maidens by the end I'll be more annoyed than I am at all the real-world allegories going on.
    continuing with speculative spoilers
    There's been very little movement on the Weiss/Jaune pairing since Beacon, so idk if that schoolyard crush will actually be a thing. I know some people will point to how Jaune unlocked his semblance in Vol.5 as 'proof', but there's no proof of whether he's still holding a torch for her or not - and given that he still hasn't let go of Pyrrha with Vol.6 Ch.9 still to come at that point, I'd say he views Weiss more as a good friend and a comrade in arms than a potential love interest at this point. If a relationship does start to develop between the two, I won't have any problem with it as long as it develops much more organically than Bumblebee did.

As for the narrative direction with this season, I've been impressed with the suspense it's been able to hold whilst balancing all of the feel-good moments. I've got a couple of particular routes that the rest of the volume can take, but after the latest public episode (5) all I can think of is two things: Penny's line back toward the end of the 2nd episode of "It'll be just like Beacon again!", and that we saw what happened the last time that a Maiden candidate decided to step up and accept the responsibility of becoming one.

Personally I'm hoping it won't be as simple as 'Winter sacrifices herself to protect Weiss' at the end of the volume. One of my headcanon routes could pit the two sisters against each other because we'll find out that Freya is Nora's grandmother, pitting Weiss in a dilemma to choose again between "what's best and what's right", keeping Nora in the dark about Freya and her location so that Winter is still the most likely to inherit the Maiden powers, or share with Nora what she knows and working to help Nora meet her grandmother for the first/last time in years.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    continuing with speculative spoilers

Personally I'm hoping it won't be as simple as 'Winter sacrifices herself to protect Weiss' at the end of the volume. One of my headcanon routes could pit the two sisters against each other because we'll find out that Freya is Nora's grandmother, pitting Weiss in a dilemma to choose again between "what's best and what's right", keeping Nora in the dark about Freya and her location so that Winter is still the most likely to inherit the Maiden powers, or share with Nora what she knows and working to help Nora meet her grandmother for the first/last time in years.
    Why Nora? Just because of the Thor/Freya names? If that's all you have to go on, then you also have to assume that Dove of CRDL is related to Qrow and Raven because bird name. Actually, all CRDL have bird names...

Blog Entries
    Sadly since we still know very little about the current Winter Maiden, yeah that's pretty much as deep as the theory goes. Just one of those things that fires up from your imagination the moment you see potential coincidences. Just going to have to see how the volume ays out

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler: