Page 323 of 430 FirstFirst ... 223273313318321322323324325328333373423 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Coco seems to be a big hit already everywhere.

Personally, the new character in this volume who had the most impact was Neo.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Id say I like Neo better as well but fuck if Coco didnt have the best introductionary scene in the series, early trailers included.

I have a hard time deciding whether or not I like Neo given that we've seen nothing besides her sassy grin, pwning people (mostly Yang), and getting really freaked by Raven. Though she does have considerable levels of style, something she shares with Coco and which Raven, honestly, kind of lacks (I'd kind of like better if she didn't have "I Am Edgy" flashing around her in giant neon signs), though her "attach different sword blades to the hilt, which blades are longer than the sheath" multibarrel sheath is pretty cool.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries

Neo just strikes my weakest points >80%
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    I have a hard time deciding whether or not I like Neo given that we've seen nothing besides her sassy grin, pwning people (mostly Yang), and getting really freaked by Raven. Though she does have considerable levels of style, something she shares with Coco and which Raven, honestly, kind of lacks (I'd kind of like better if she didn't have "I Am Edgy" flashing around her in giant neon signs), though her "attach different sword blades to the hilt, which blades are longer than the sheath" multibarrel sheath is pretty cool.
    Neo is Ice Cream, QED.

Coco is a sexual harasser*(Everyone forgets about Fox's poor ass!) not stylish.

Raven was about as edgy as Neo's first appearance, complete with not saying a word.

The blades lengthen when they get taken out of the sheath.

I like you, be my friend.

Blog Entries
    Raven's about as edgy as Adam, but less screen time. But then you have to factor in that she scared Neo shitless, got a multibarrel odachi with blades that separate and a Mask so EDGE she could be employed at Desperado INC

Coco probably hits a lot of people's "step on me" masochist factor in the same way Cinder does. On top of our first real introduction to seniors and her nonchalance at stomping things.

Neo's a genderbent Roman who kicked the reigning popular girl's ass. Being the first villain to definitely put a protagonist on their ass just garners a lot of brownie points by default

They all had rather catching introductions to the fandom.

Got to give it to Coco though, if only cause Coco Chanel + Caffeine theme song.

I'm a sucker for fashionistas and caffeinated beverages.
    Last edited by Zenieth; November 5th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, Neo is based on a gb'd cosplay of Roman, but we have no evidence that points to her being exactly like Roman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Never said she was, and I doubt the villain team could handle two romans.

Blog Entries
    I almost wish Neo wouldn't speak in next volumes. I mean, Coco's freaking unoriginal line (one damn line) thrown at Grimm almost broke my immersion into the coolest scene otherwise.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that one liner made it way better

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I thought the CFVY segment was awful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    that one liner made it way better
    If the store is called Devil May Cry, I may re-consider. Until then, it's damn awkward.

Blog Entries
    That one liner was bad.

The segment itself was good in that it did a rather fine quick job of establishing:

"These are seniors, they fuck shit up."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If Coco didnt drop that oneliner Id find the scene worse because then I'd blame Monty for trying too hard, something he is already more than guilty of (see Raven, jesus fucking christ). It was exactly because it was horribly cheese that it made Coco great.

Blog Entries
    I don't get how her telling the grimm it destroyed her favorite clothing store was too try hard. It established her problem with it and then she proceeds to kick its ass.

That one liner was the pure definition of tryhard.

- - - Updated - - -

Like "Look how badass she is."

It's cheesy in that it's clearly trying to make her so much more badass with its execution

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    The segment felt like - "Hey, here's the people we were hinting at since last season. They kill grimm too. Btw Velvet still not relevant."

Blog Entries
    But she's basically slightly re-designed genderbent fashionista Dante. She's a badass just from this.

...Ahaha, Velvet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    The segment felt like - "Hey, here's the people we were hinting at since last season. They kill grimm too. Btw Velvet still not relevant."
    CFVY wasn't even hinted at in story until episode 5 of this season. Velvet is clearly not relevant, seeing as she's the only one that wasn't meant to exist, but the way the segment played out was clearly about seniors handling the situation much better than the freshman.

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    CFVY wasn't even hinted at in story until episode 5 of this season. Velvet is clearly not relevant, seeing as she's the only one that wasn't meant to exist, but the way the segment played out was clearly about seniors handling the situation much better than the freshman.
    First bit - not in series, but since inserting Velvet - and perhaps even before in S1 they've been developing background and then the team she belonged to and doing their vague hints, art and viral thing. Just none appears relevant onscreen.

Last bit - I didn't feel it. They could have not turned up and RWBY, JNPR and the freaking robot army with aerial battleships would've done fine. Also Monkey and Blue would perhaps actually do something.

Blog Entries
    I;m not arguing about whether the entire situation was overkill or not, cause i honestly agree with that sentiment. I'm talking solely about their presentation relative to all groups present. they rather clearly did far better and far more nonchalantly.

And of course they were hinted at in the fact that Velvet clearly was going to need a team since they decided to keep her on. But the actual team itself didn't make an appearance until a little before season 2 started and Velet's post development started quite a few months after season 1 ended. But there's really no point in making that stipulation since one could say we know a lot of characters long before we actually see them in story.

Neo's been around since December 2013.
    Last edited by Zenieth; November 5th, 2014 at 08:06 PM.