Page 239 of 430 FirstFirst ... 139189229234237238239240241244249289339 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post
    Penny...is that the weird girl that Ruby just met? I hope to see more of her and the British Bunny Girl!
    You just made me think: "I hope Velvet's weapon is an oversized mallet"

.... Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    You just made me think: "I hope Velvet's weapon is an oversized mallet"

.... Yes please!
    Mochi made from brains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Mochi made from brains?
    I would say Cardin's brains, but no one would eat that.

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    Penny's blade reminded me of a girl in Dead fantasy, which is way to cool.

And I knew Roman was cool, but never thought he would be also fighting-cool, judging how sissy he may look.
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

Blog Entries
    White Fang Secret Planning Meeting Audio Log: Declassified

TOP SECRET
    White Fang meeting audio log, file #213.

Member 1: So, this Torchwick offer…

Member 2: Yeah, gotta say, not excited.

Member 3: He’s offering a lot of money.

Member 2: I know, I know. I’m just not the biggest fan of his attitude. The way he keeps going on about ‘mutts’ and ‘beasts’ and the like.

Member 1: I totally hate his hat.

Member 3: I… that is what bugs you here? Like, I at least understand where Roy is coming from with the racism…

Member 2 (Roy): Thank you.

Member 3: But your only issue is his hat?

Member 1: I’m sorry, but I mean it is just such a douchey hat. Look at it, you can tell he’s just walking around all, “Oooooh, I’m Roman Torchwick, I’m a big ol’ gangster’. What a tool.

Member 3: I feel you are maybe not taking this as seriously as you could.

Member 1: Fuck his cane, too. Ass thinks he’s a pimp or something.

Roy: Look, ignoring Jim here being a tool…

Member 1 (Jim): Well fuck you and fuck your goat horns, Roy.

Roy: I think we’re pretty established we’re not going through on the Torchwick thing? I mean, dude’s a huge racist, and Jim hates his fashion sense. You down with that, Chuck?

Member 3 (Chuck): Thing is… dude is offering three million lien.

Roy: Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Jim: Okay, I like three million lien.

Chuck: Buys a lot of terrorism, y’know?

Roy: But… I mean, he’s just such an ass!

Jim: Fuck that hat.

Roy: Jim would you shut up about the hat?!

Jim: You hate your thing, I’ll hate mine.

Chuck: Both of you, shut up. Frankly, we need the money, okay?! We have to do this. Adam has just been super pissy since Belladonna left and if we run out of coffee and sticky buns in the break room he is literally just gonna start killing people.

Jim: He always kills people.

Chuck: The people will be us this time.

Roy and Jim: Ouch.

Chuck: Yeah.

Roy: Sooooo… how do we compromise, here.

Jim: Do we have like… any… bad dudes we could send him?

Chuck: You mean like thugs? Amoral people? We have lots of those.

Jim: No, I mean like dudes who just totally suck. Like ‘bad’ as in they get the crap kicked out of them really easy.

Roy: … … … Damn, I like that plan.

Chuck: We do have those new recruits from the sloth clan. I don’t think they actually know which end of the sword to hold.

Jim: Pffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Chuck: Oh! And the sheep clan. Let’s send him the sheep. Oh… OH! The bunny clan!

Roy: Do we have any chinchilla clan?

Chuck: We will once I recruit some to pass on to our ‘ally’.

Jim: Won’t he notice we’re only sending him total losers?

Roy: Nah, it’s cool. We’ll make ‘em wear helmets. You think he’ll spot the difference?

Chuck: I like the way you think. … … … Chicken clan.

Jim: Classic!

Roy: I’m gonna buy a new car with his first paycheck.

Jim: Oh, we’re all gonna buy new cars.

*End Recording*
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I think it's less that we're elitist assholes and more that that's just plain terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Jesus fucking christ on a hopped up crutch.

Part of being a writer is to fuck what people think and tell you and just write. Write to prove the naysayers wrong. Throw your giant brass testies on the table and say, "Look at that bitch, I wrote it. Fuck yeah."

Moczo's Amazon E-Publishing

Moczo's Smashwords E-Publishing

This explains so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

The truth revealed at last.

Team JNPR Reviews the Secret Declassified Audio Log Over Breakfast
    Nora: But I thought sloths were excellent fighters?
    Ren: Nora, sloths don't move much. That's why they call them sloths.
    Nora: That's why they're so dangerous! You see them lying there all...slothful...and then once your guard's down, they pounce! Bam! Braww! Pow!
    Ren: *cuts pancake*
    Jaune: Ren, don't you usually point those things out?
    Ren: Nah, that's not even the third-silliest thing she's said this morning.
    Jaune: ...It's breakfast. And we all overslept.
    Ren: Then you see my point.

Also, on a completely different note: After Blake takes her bow off while holding Torchwick hostage...why does she put it back on in the middle of the fight? (Okay, I know the answer, it's "because we didn't have the time to design a fighting-motion model for her with the kitty-ears head," but really...)
    Last edited by DezoPenguin; November 8th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Inspired by Moczo:

White Fang audio log, #214

Chuck: I got good news, and terrible news.

Roy: Good news first, please.

Chuck: Alright then. Money just came in. Torchwick didn't find out about our little "management".

Jim: *chuckles* He didn't figure it out? Man what a tool. It's probably cause of his hat.

Roy: Jim, shut up about the hat. Anyway... on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is this... terrible news?

Chuck: Frankly? I'm thinking 20.

Jim:... Okay, how the hell can a simple mission like this get that high of a rating?

Chuck: One of the recruit reported that they ran into a "hot cat faunus with mad ninja skills". Sounds familiar?

Roy: ... Belladonna was there?

Chuck: Yes.

Jim: Oooookay, I'm staying away from the break room for a while.

Chuck: It gets worse.

Roy & Jim: How?

Chuck: Said recruit also reported that she was with a monkey faunus. A MALE monkey faunus.

Roy: ... Oh shit.

Jim: ... What he said.

Chuck: Yeah. The recruit is still in the ICU, by the way.

Roy: ... Hmm, since we got 3 million lien, how about we take our part of the share and go on a vacation?

Jim: Hey, good idea. Let's buy new cars too while we're at it.

Chuck: A vacation sounds good. How about that beach down south?

Roy: Works for me.

Jim: Same.

Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Thoughts.

Blake's infodump explanation at the start could have been handled better. Maybe vary between Sun and Blake talking about the White Fang, each with a different perspective.

Weiss' VA seems a bit off this episode.

Roman gets all the best lines. I am going to be extremely disappointed if there's no AMVs of him set to Smooth Criminal. Smooth moves too. Pity he's a disgusting racist.

Weiss really just shifts like this? Without even one of those twelve hours really shown? Sorry, but she and Sun feel like the weakest parts. And unlike Sun, it's her anger that helps drive these events.

And we've finally got her name. Cinder. And she definitely seems to have the upper hand in the relationship.

And the budding political scientist in me is wondering how WF started having more success after they shifted to terrorism, especially after just five years, and how they're getting respect instead of major crackdowns. I know, Monty's not a political scientist, it's just a show and we don't have all the details. Still feels like telling a fighter pilot that the enemy endured a bombing raid by gathering their supplies into one building and put a target symbol on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And the budding political scientist in me is wondering how WF started having more success after they shifted to terrorism, especially after just five years, and how they're getting respect instead of major crackdowns.
    I'm guessing this refers to how when they were mere protesters before no one payed any attention to them, now that they're resorting to violence people fear them and therefore leave them alone, which is kind of what they wanted anyways.

Now as far as getting them arrested, there's terrorist groups out there out in the open that don't even get a slap in the wrist, why? they got the people on their side. The White Fang could very well be running operations from a completely different nation where a mayor part of people in the place are faunas, who think the White Fang is working for them.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2785 View Post
    I'm guessing this refers to how when they were mere protesters before no one payed any attention to them, now that they're resorting to violence people fear them and therefore leave them alone, which is kind of what they wanted anyways.

Now as far as getting them arrested, there's terrorist groups out there out in the open that don't even get a slap in the wrist, why? they got the people on their side. The White Fang could very well be running operations from a completely different nation where a mayor part of people in the place are faunas, who think the White Fang is working for them.
    It seems pretty clear that around Beacon they aren't regarded well by the majority of the population and Faunus in general seem to still be facing discrimination. If we're going to look at this from real life eyes looking at data on terrorism (and by terrorism I'm using the loose rule of a group primarily targeting civilians) and the reactions to it then the area should be more of a police state.

The ties between the WF and Torchwick actually make more sense. Guerrillas and terrorists generally have close ties to organized crime. They need weapons, food, transportation etc.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Weiss really just shifts like this? Without even one of those twelve hours really shown? Sorry, but she and Sun feel like the weakest parts. And unlike Sun, it's her anger that helps drive these events.
    All part of the "Be the best teammate ever" thing she is trying to do. She is still angry at WF and Sun, she is just holding back for Blake's sake.

Also Penny = Murakumo, should have seen that one coming.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

It seems pretty clear that around Beacon they aren't regarded well by the majority of the population and Faunus in general seem to still be facing discrimination. If we're going to look at this from real life eyes looking at data on terrorism (and by terrorism I'm using the loose rule of a group primarily targeting civilians) and the reactions to it then the area should be more of a police state.
    I think it's more of a case of "peaceful demonstrations were largely ignored, while violent outbursts were noticed." The White Fang went from "powerless irrelevancy" to "on people's radar." The fact that they showed up on that radar as being hated and feared is kind of secondary--the point is that they were noticed, while before they were just brushed off.

I'm probably vastly oversimplifying, but I can't help but see parallels to the African-American civil rights movement in the U.S. (something the "Black" and "White" references kind of ping on as well), with regard to the shift from nonviolent protest under Martin Luther King Jr., etc., to more radical groups like the Black Panthers. (It's clearly treading on dangerous turf to start drawing parallels between the death of a fictitious leader of a racial-rights movement in an animated fantasy series and the death of MLK, but, well...). Of course, the civil rights movement didn't get hijacked by capital-E Evil, so the parallels start falling apart as Cinder and Torchy hit the stage (and nonviolent protest wasn't ineffectual, either...though it was slow, painstaking, and not in any means a magical panacea for racism, but let's face it, Faunus rights in Vytal is clearly a hyper-simplified version of the theme). But I do think that the metaphor works better than comparing White Fang to modern-day terrorist groups, in terms of understanding what they are and what they've done.

As for Weiss, well, yeah, she actually does shift like that. Honestly, I think that what happened here, her mention of the twelve hours searching, was actually a shout-out to what happened in Ep. 10 where in the next scene after Port talks to her, she's suddenly acting like somebody else. At least here, she specifically states that she's been chewing over the problem for hours to bring her to a change of heart, rather than it just happening and us being left to infer the existence of what's been going on in her head. The flaw is that we're only told about the change, not shown. (It's pretty obvious that she'd like to direct more invective at Sun and bites it off for Blake's sake. For now, I'm going to file her under still mildly racist, in that she's got a fundamental predisposition to see Faunus as criminals, bad-guys, unless proven otherwise, and likewise, that she's more likely to assume that criminals in general are bad people capable of much worse--that she's got very little sliding scale of criminal morality--which is quite realistic for her princess-in-the-tower character background--so that when she saw "Faunus committing crime" she immediately filed Sun in the same slot with the White Fang until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by DezoPenguin; November 8th, 2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    It seems that the whole Faunus thing mirrors the current events of the real world.

Rights and Revolutions for the Masses!

CHARGE!!!

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    God Damn, that fight. Gun-chucks and, puppet sword lasers. I loved it. The reconciliation seemed a little off, I just can't pinpoint why.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Her shift is really not as big as it seems. If you notice, she specifically clarifies that she's fine with this because Blake isn't a part of White Fang anymore, and her opinion on Sun is still undecided (if perhaps a mix of hostility towards the fact that Blake ran off with him, and maybe a hint of gratitude because he did stay with her for two days). She hasn't really changed her opinion on the fact that "White Fang is horrible and faunus who associate with it are horrible," she's simply adjusted her world view to a point of "Blake is no longer a part of White Fang, therefore she is not horrible like the faunus who associate with it."

Honestly, I won't be shocked if this comes up again once White Fang becomes an even bigger part of the plot.

Honestly, I won't be shocked if this comes up again once White Fang becomes an even bigger part of the plot.
    Which it's almost certain to do, because of the anonymity of its new leader who changed their direction. When the identity of a significant figure is kept a secret, it's a virtual lock it'll be revisited to explore the mystery. Also, since Cinder is requiring Torchwick to keep working with the Fang, and since we still haven't gotten an answer to Blake's question of "why the heck are you working with this despicable human rapscallion" there's plenty of other reasons to revisit it.

Hopefully they will. I loved the way she bit off whatever she was going to call Sun in the "instead of going to...some people," indicating that Monkey Boy is still on her crap list. I hope they don't gloss that over. Just because Weiss and Blake are friends and teammates doesn't mean that Weiss has to get along with all of Blake's friends. It would be a nice piece of reality to have Sun and Weiss just plain dislike each other.

Or end up kissing. That could work, too.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Or end up kissing. That could work, too.
    ...How princess and the pauper that would be.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    No one else sees the potential for Ruby x Penny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Penny becomes jealous of Crescent Rose when Ruby spends time maintaining it.