Page 133 of 430 FirstFirst ... 3383123128131132133134135138143183233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    With a heartfelt description like that now I gotta ask you for her sauce. Sauce?
    Kunizuka Yayoi (~<3) from Psycho-Pass. Here's the Danbooru tag if you'd care to look through, and here's a link to the show.
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; August 23rd, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks mate. Didn't reccognize her in her rocker girl getup in that particular artist's style, and this is embarassing considering that I've actually seen the show.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    Just what I expected, a longer-than-6 minutes- episode.

Recap: Super sayan Yang, even more awesome with sharingan. She can't stop being awesome.

And Blake finally appear after 3 episode. Who's the moe-est of all.

Weiss probably didn't have many chances to practice combat from my point of view, seeing how she prepared to unleash a strike. Oh and Ruby, the birdslayer. Can't ask for more.

Jaune keep being...Jaune. Guess he's a Paladin or something like that. A sword and a shield - classical. Lucky bastard must be thankful for having Pyrrha on his side.

And finally, Ren. Who need guns when you can blow things up with your fists?

The question is: Did Nora just land or she just watched Ren fight?
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

Blog Entries
    She was obviously watching him.

well placed sloth call and all.

Edit:

Anyways

episode hilights

1. Yang's Nope
    2. Yang Combo
    3. Blake Smirk
    4. Weiss Internal monoluge (especially the step forward)
    5. Pyrrha's Sorry (this phrase is lethal on the heart.)
    6. Ren master snake hunter
    7. Sloth Call
    8. Boop
    Last edited by Zenieth; August 23rd, 2013 at 06:30 AM.

I think Juane might have regenerative abilities but that might be due to his aura but to other people have it?
    What's the problem and how much of it is your fault?

This was a fun episode, and in and among the miscellaneous entertainment there were hints of other things:

1. Weiss's internal monologue is intriguing in that we haven't heard any of the other characters think about combat, but instead just act. This suggested that Weiss is low on actual combat experience despite her abilities. It further suggests, therefore, that the battle against the armored knight in the White trailer (which we know is at this point backstory because of her scar) was not genuinely a "battle" per se, but some kind of training exercise. Which makes you wonder in turn, just who's training her and in such a fashion as to leave permanent injuries? Particularly as we see that aura seems to offer some level of regeneration...

2. The aura issue goes to explain a lot about the way fights have gone so far. In various trailers, we've seen humans punched across rooms, through obstacles, etc., etc. without wearing any kind of protection and without suffering any permanent injury (see, eg., the Yellow trailer when Yang sends Junior flying, but he gets back up by the end of the episode to attack her). Thus far I'd written that down to artistic license, but now I'm starting to think the fighting may well be a literal representation of what's happening in the narrative. (Aura also gives a nice excuse for characters to pull off various physics-defying moves such as, y'know, getting launched at high speeds off a cliff into a forest and surviving without serious injury...)

3. While obviously the snake was tougher than the bears and the bears were tougher than the wolves...Ruby's one-hit-kill was still pretty damn impressive. Mind you, she really needs to work on her teamwork. Weiss, for once, has a real point in getting angry with her: first Ruby vanished, leaving Weiss alone and surrounded by monsters; then Ruby came back without warning, interfering with Weiss's attack. "I will take random actions that do not acknowledge your existence including your own potential actions" doesn't even pretend to be a team strategy; she might as well not have a partner given how she's acting, and I hope that other characters don't start blaming Weiss for the fiasco (unless Weiss herself starts screwing up too).

4. Back in Episode 3, did anyone else get the idea from Nora's speech that Nora and Lie Ren have some kind of hidden agenda at being at Beacon, or was that just me?
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Ironically enough, if Ruby was actually good at communicating and hadn't gone off to try and fight solo like she did in this episode, she'd actually be a pretty good partner to Weiss; Ruby seems to do better at fighting multiple opponents and could have Weiss using her Dust to back her up and defend her while she's busy slicing beowolves in half, and I think Weiss would grow quite a bit from having a partner who actually has real combat experience and could teach her to loosen up about fights, since she spent way too much time thinking about it and only focused on one opponent out of five. She won't always have that luxury.

Not to be too harsh on Ruby, because I can see what she was trying to do. She probably wanted to impress Weiss with her skills to show her how much better she is in a fight, and she assumed Weiss was as experienced as she was. Still, it doesn't change the fact that she acted on her own instead of with her partner, and she won't last long in Beacon if she doesn't learn to communicate with her team before she does something. I mean, really, no wonder Weiss was so angry with her; sneezing at Dust is one thing, but she probably thought that attack she fired off could have really killed Ruby.

Well, Ruby is shown to be somewhat bad at human interactions, so it's understandable. Plus, she gave off the vibe that she's been fighting along for a while now, so it's not surprises that she doesn't work well with other.

And considering that the attack Weiss used created a big fire, then I think it could have seriously hurt Ruby, aura or no.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Boop!

The Jaune/Pyrrha ship is steaming ahead! "THE FORCE IS STRONG WITHIN YOU"
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    Boop!

The Jaune/Pyrrha ship is steaming ahead! "THE FORCE IS STRONG WITHIN YOU"
    And it seems the potential Ren/Nora ship isn't too far behind them, either.

Blog Entries
    Can't Ren/Nora being just close friends?

Blog Entries
    Ren too strong, dat Kotomine style punche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Can't Ren/Nora being just close friends?
    You say that like it will stop the shippers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Ren too strong, dat Kotomine style punche
    I thought he was in trouble when he dropped his weapons. And then martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    You say that like it will stop the shippers.
    Oh I know, it won't. Simply rhetorical mood striking me, don't pay much attention.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 23rd, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Ruby and Weiss cannot into teamwork
    Jaune is basically potential man. Figures. He's really getting more highlights than I expected him to have, I wonder if he was there to parallel Ruby...
    Yang, I'm starting to think that she's really sensitive about her hair. Maybe's it's because it won't grow back if it gets cut? Blake with her smirk at the screen. It's like she's telling the haters 'u mad?'

Ren is your typical asianman and Nora was the best damn thing in this whole episode.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Oh I know, it won't. Simply rhetorical mood striking me, don't pay much attention.
    They could be. Same with Pyrrha's interest in Jaune being purely platonic.

But it wouldn't be as fun. Plus, boop moe.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    I think Pyrrha saw Jaune's potential since the beginning.

Also thinking about her, I wonder which 'fairy tale' she's based on. Just the general greek hero or someone specific?

FGO NA Support:

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    I think Pyrrha saw Jaune's potential since the beginning.

Also thinking about her, I wonder which 'fairy tale' she's based on. Just the general greek hero or someone specific?
    'Pyrrha' is derived from the Greek adjective purrhos (πυρρός), which means 'flame colored'. 'Nikos' (Νίκος), meaning 'victor of the people', is derived from the Greek Nike, who is the Goddess of Victory

-From Rwby.wikia-
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I find it interesting that Ruby thinks that Weiss would have to try a lot harder than "sword slash which then sends an explosion" to kill her.
    My pet theory is that that's a more figurative statement than literal. Ruby's got some sort of checkered traumatic past, I tell ya.

Not to say that she might not also have really dense/fast acting Aura. Something similar in effect to Jaun's (IE. a big pool of Aura), but different on a principle level, if that is the case. Until otherwise I'm not convinced that that's the only meaning - listen to the way Ruby makes that statement, it feels to me that it can't just be because she's stressing out that her big battle debut in front of Weiss isn't coming off as well as she had hoped for.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; August 23rd, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Aura finally answers my question of why there seems to be rose petals whenever Ruby dashes away. I thought it was an artistic thing, but I guess it makes sense now. That's the trail of her aura.

FGO NA Support: