Page 242 of 430 FirstFirst ... 142192232237240241242243244247252292342 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Guessing Qrow is another team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Nah, there's a team slot. It's just Blank.

So Qrow must be a member, probably Leader.
    Qrow is Ruby's uncle, the one who taught her scythe-fighting. She talks about him to Ozpin in Episode 1, between scarfing cookies.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Oh man, I totally forgot about Uncle qrow.

Well done monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    And the long golden locks have nothing to do with her name.
    My problem is that I have a small reference pool of Asian history and myths, so Mulan seems like an obvious choice for Ren because she's the only cross-dressing Chinese heroine I know. (On the other hand, when Americans are writing for a primarily American audience, it's kind of likely that they'll pick references that their audience will get, so Mulan seems more likely for that reason.)

Hen_Ichi has a good point, though, in that literally the only thing about Ren that ties him to Mulan's story is that he's full of Asian visual motifs. Unless I'm missing something. Yang has, well, her golden locks to link her to Goldilocks so the name being completely different doesn't matter. "Lie Ren" as a name makes us think China, much as "Nora Valkyrie" makes us think Norse mythology, but Nora's got the giant-ass hammer to tie her specifically to Thor, attribute-wise.

...Though actually, unless Pyrrha gets shown with general invulnerability or bad heels, she'd fall in that category, too. Her name is Greek, and her weapon-set (spear and shortsword, plus shield) echoes the Trojan War period, but the only reason to say she's specifically Achilles as opposed to Theseus, Diomedes, Ajax, or any other notable Greek hero is that Monty specifically said her inspiration was someone who cross-dressed. So she's like Ren, linked to a culture but not an individual.
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I'm kinda wondering who Qrow is going to be. Way too soon to really speculate strongly, but since Ozpin says he's old, I kind of have this image of a guy on a cane, which makes me think of Japanese or Korean mythology and the three-legged crow, or if he'll actually be related to Yang biologically, and thus be some kind of Houyi reference or something.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Qrow is supposed to invoke really chinese name just like Yang.

"This is my brother Qrow Shihuang, my baby sister Jia Mingzhu, my wife Meili Fan, my older daughter Yang Xiao Long and my Younger daughter Ruby Rose."

"Why not Mei Qiang?"

"Why not shut your fucking mouth?"

Blog Entries
    I mean, inthe Long family, you're expected to beat up at least 16 thugs in one day.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Qrow is Ruby's uncle, the one who taught her scythe-fighting. She talks about him to Ozpin in Episode 1, between scarfing cookies.
    Damn, forgot about him. So he trains one hyperactive girl with a Scythe-Rifle hybrid and is handler for a moon-touched android with flying puppet swords that shoot lasers.

Hell of a day job.

Blog Entries
    Pretty certain Penny's creator isn't Qrow.

I doubt he'd just so casually blow off both of his nieces.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    We don't know, well, anything about him beyond that he taught Ruby how to use a scythe. While we don't have any information yet to say that he was Penny's creator or mentor, we don't have anything to say that he wouldn't ignore Yang and Ruby.

Also we don't know for certain that Qrow is Yang's uncle. If Ruby's adopted he might be her uncle by her birth parents.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Me thinks Qrows team consist of Dorothy(Might be Ruby's mom, or grandma), scarecrow(Qrow), the lion, and the tinman(who might possibly be the guy who made Penny, or some robot like Penny).

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    No RWBY this week....

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    I assume you mean next.

And I just noticed something. They were throwing around explosions and slamming each other into the crates. Filled with Dust. Which Weiss made very clear was very volatile stuff.

Alternative Ending to RWBY: Boom.

Blog Entries
    Or maybe they were just really thick crates.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Or maybe they were just really thick crates.
    This. You'll note that both in Ep.8 and in the end stinger for Ep. 16, Dust delivered by the Fang, presumably stolen from Schnee, was stored in carefully padded individual boxes. I strongly suspect that Schnee Dust Company takes very good care to make sure that its Dust shipments take place with extreme safety precautions, particularly when shipping bulk cargo. After all, forget about the violence of combat; think how often ordinary industrial errors happen. A storm at sea rocks the boat, causing cargo to shift, a train derails, a cable breaks causing a container to drop, a drunk or inattentive crane operator swings a crate around and bangs it into something...Considering that a chain reaction that could eliminate the entire boat/train/shipping yard could result if one of those containers blew, spending significant money on transportation safety is easily justified by the potential losses that even a minor accident could cause without those kind of precautions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    He was practically beating Blake's head in had Sun not intervened. Torchwick's real good.
    Then he was about to do the same to Sun before Blake intervened.

And then he used the environment and had Sun dead to rights again.

So yeah, Torchwick isn't to be messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'm kinda wondering who Qrow is going to be. Way too soon to really speculate strongly, but since Ozpin says he's old, I kind of have this image of a guy on a cane, which makes me think of Japanese or Korean mythology and the three-legged crow, or if he'll actually be related to Yang biologically, and thus be some kind of Houyi reference or something.
    Qrow fights with a scythe similar to Crescent Rose, it's mentioned in episode one. So if he uses it as a 'third leg', it's probably more a staff than a cane.

Beside we already have Ozpin for "old man with a cane" and Torchwick for "younger man with a cane", so I doubt we'll have a third one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    I strongly suspect that Schnee Dust Company takes very good care to make sure that its Dust shipments take place with extreme safety precautions, particularly when shipping bulk cargo.
    In addition, just because there was a big Dust delivery doesn't mean it was the only delivery that day.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    It was quite skillful of him to 'reveal' everything that people had already guessed, but keep everything else hidden.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Look at it this way, Dead Fantasy is living up to its name.

Hue.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.