Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of Bloodlust

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Wow - very elaborate. That's the first time I've seen the throne room, and suddenly my own descriptions of it seem inadequate. The castle sounds pretty, though, if . . . Forlorn. (I have a sudden urge to cross Tsukihime with Ravenloft - bad impulse, very bad!)

You're very quick, too - I had no idea there were this many chapters waiting for me. They were fun.
    I write quick if I've got my muse working for me. Unfortunately, I have to help ensure the house will be clean for Sunday's trip off to Oregon, to enjoy rockhounding and beach walks, ect. for next week... and get enough crap on my laptop to last me that long, ect. ect. ect.
    I'll try to write chapter 9 later, for a better, in depth description of the castle, when I've got time, ok? And thanks for liking my work.

But the biggest thing to always note for the castle, is that the castle is linked to Arcueid. If she's happy, it's happy.
    Otherwise, it's going to be a literal wreck, just like her mind.

I can post the notes later for you if you want to see what I typed up from Kagetsu Tohya. Might help you with writing out scenes involving it.

Banned
    i had to stop reading the fic because of noone, its not a word in English, but I thnk you were trying to say no one

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't have word or anything else with a spell check. So thanks for telling me about the typo.
    I'm mainly relying on my years of typing experience to not do any typos, but some ocasionally slip by me here and there.

Done, hope that helps.
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; April 2nd, 2011 at 12:16 AM.

Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    I can post the notes later for you if you want to see what I typed up from Kagetsu Tohya. Might help you with writing out scenes involving it.
    Nah - I don't think I'll be using it in the near-future, but I do appreciate the offer. Looking for any gems in particular? "Rockhounding," as I remember it, is a term for someone who hunts (and polishes) stones like garnets, right?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mainly going for agate hunting on the beaches, but I might look for something unique, depending on if there's any good places to go rock hounding near Lincoln City.
    And Rock hounding mainly means you're hunting for rocks of any type that are hard to find. Could mean you're looking for a gorgeous, huge gemstone, or just something that you like to look at.
    I've got a piece of either serpentine or Jade that has quartz running all through it, that I like, as a good example.
    And I'll post the next chapter when I can, it's about halfway done, but I've been busy as hell getting everything packed and ready.

Blog Entries
    For the good stuff, we can wait a while. Take all the time you need.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Most likely my last chapter, unless my muse hits again later tonight. So I made it extra long for everyone. Also, I thought she'd probably wind up inheriting Crimson Moon's own bedroom, considering she remade his castle for the True Ancestors.

And you know, considering she was meant to be an executioner and nothing else, it's more than likely there IS a crapload of stuff that they never ran into in the series. Or that the Shinso would've thought about teaching her.

So, please, read and review.

Chapter 9

"Shiiiiiiki!"

I'm hearing Arcueid.

"Oh, Shiiiikiiii! Wake up!"

She's wanting me to get up...

"C'mon, Shiki! Wake up? Please?"

And with that adorable voice begging me, how can I resist.

Her face in front of mine, with an adorable smile on it.

I can't help but kiss her.

"I'm awake, Arcueid. I'm awake."

She's overjoyed at me being awake. It's so adorable, I can't help but smile at her.

She's like a child in a lot of ways... no, she acts like one.

In a lot of ways, she's more wise than anyone else I've ever heard of, or know of.

And I don't think that will ever change.

I hope not, anyways.

"Shiki, I want to show you around the castle!"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, Arcueid. Let's go, then!"

And so she shows me around.

Now that I look, I can see symbols showing the ways to each area. But if I didn't know what each individual symbol meant... I'd be hopelessly lost.

Arcueid's showing me each area, and telling me which symbol means what area.

She's overjoyed at showing someone around. It's like she's never... shown anyone this before. No, it's obvious she hasn't.

She's been so lonely, she doesn't even know what lonelyness is. That's why she fell for me, isn't it?

She loves me.

And her love for me is what scares her most, that she'll lose me.

God.

No wonder she tried to push me away.

-Later-

The kitchens are huge.

That's my first impression, anyways. It reminds me more of the Tohno Mansion than just a normal kitchen.

However... they're all wood burning ovens.

Not a single one for propane, or for electricity.

So if I want to cook for Arcueid, I have to either rely on propane stoves... or wood burning stoves. Oh, fun times lie ahead with this, I'm sure. About as fun as Hisui's cooking, if I mess up.

Still, it'll be interesting to learn how to use one, for Arcueid.

"What're you thinking about, Shiki?"

"Oh, ah... I've never used this type of oven before. We're going to have to take some time to learn how to cook with one properly, so I can make you food as tasty as you're used to."

"Eh? You'll cook for me here, too? Really?"

"Of course! I enjoy it, you know. I'll just have to learn how to use these properly. Wood stoves use a much different method to cook then modern electronic burners do, after all."

"Oh. Hm..."

She's pondering it now. It's adorable for the look on her face.

"Well, I can help with that, too. So maybe we can cook together?"

I kiss her. She looks too adorable to put into words.

"Of course, Arcueid. Of course we can. I'll enjoy every moment of doing things if it's with you."

The look of shocked surprise, mixed with happiness, is adorable on her.

"Did you really think I'd say no, Arcueid?"

"No, but..."

"I don't know everything, you know. Places like this are incredible to me. Of course, that's because you're here with me looking around in it. Otherwise I'd be bored, confused, or lost. You're what's making me have so much fun. You, and the idea of doing things for you, day in and day out."

And she's smiling brilliantly at me.

"So, want to pull out the camping gear, so we can try cooking? Or would you rather try the wood stoves, Arcueid?"

-Later-

The food came out a bit burned, but we managed to get a workable meal out of the wood stoves. I can understand why people in the middle ages made a loaf of bread in the morning now. Easier to get everything done then, right?

And we're exploring again. While carrying snacks with us. We've been looking for a better bedroom that'll more easily fit the two of us, and Arcueid's trying to remember someplace...

"Is it here? No... no... can't be there. Hm..."

It's adorable, but I can only imagine she hasn't been here in a very long time.

"How old were you when you were here last?"

"I was pretty young, when Grandpa Zelretch took me here..."

"Were there any markings or signs back then that you looked for?"

"Yeah, I remember seeing them easily..., why do you ask, Shiki?"

"Maybe you're looking too high. I mean, if you were smaller, wouldn't you look for signs about half your current height?"

-Later yet-

After many, many hours of searching, we've finally found her original room. This is far more elegant than the bedroom we slept in last night, and seems more carefully preserved than anywhere else in the castle.

There's an assortment of books whose titles range from a very hard to read english, to japanese... to... several other languages I can't even recognize. What looks like several candles, that go up to my waist. The walls are covered in immaculate tapestries, showing what looks like a huge, ancient history. And in the middle of it all, a huge canopy bed... that looks like it's made with golden silk or gold actually sewn in with the silk for the bedsheets. The canopy has an intricate crimson moon sewn into it, and the rest of it looks like the stars of the sky themselves.

I've never seen anything like it, before.

"It's incredible..."

"You like it, Shiki? I wasn't really sure why I always had such a better room then everyone else, myself..."

"Yeah. I do. It's fantastic. A bit like wandering into a dream... or a fairy tale."

She's giggling.

"What's the languages here at the beginning of the bookshelves, Arcueid?"

"Oh, those...?" She looks... troubled? "That's the language the original Vampire, Crimson Moon Brunestud spoke and wrote. It's rather hard to read or write."

"Is there a lot more writings like it, Arcueid?"

She's blinking, in surprise.

"Why do you ask, Shiki?"

"Well... I was thinking, and wondering... what if they had methods to surpress bloodlust, originally? Or he did, at least? I mean... considering you didn't have it, originally, from what you've said..."

The look of stunned shock on her face is adorable.

"You're saying there might be ways to do it again, with enough power?"

"Or there might be a lot of things you could learn from them, that you never were able to learn. Maybe you have more abilities that they never bothered teaching you? If you teach me how to read this stuff, I can research and see if there's more abilities that you have that you've never learned about."

She's laughing in delight.

"I never thought of that, Shiki! Let's do it in the morning, ok?"

She's got my arm, and leading me to the bed.

Well, I can tell what we're doing until the morning, now...

-Fade Out-

Blog Entries
    I always wondered about Shinso society - if they had to sleep most of the time to suppress their bloodlust, what did they do for the rest? Or why be active at all? You raise some interesting points, and the idea of the castle being functional if ancient is interesting. I wonder when it "cut off," because wood and propane stoves aren't exactly medieval designs - they tended to use firepits and chimney areas . . . Hmm . . .

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For the propane stove, Shiki hit up a camping store before Arihiko helped Ciel, Akiha, and Kohaku find him. And they were busy buying as much food as they could, too.

Wood burning fireplaces were pretty common towards the middle ages, but you have to remember, that they had to have had specialty chimneys back then, much like the lines of what I'm thinking of, for the royalty. They didn't want the royalty eating anything but the best, after all.
    The design I'm thinking of would be something like the design from the Movie "Kiki's Delivery Service" where you have a fireplace built into the wall proper, as well as above it, a place where you actually put the food to cook. So you can slide food in, and use a wooden board, or a spatula, to get it out. This was fairly common in the 1800s, and most likely even the 1700s and 1600s. No pictures that I can find, but I put in crappy ASCII art below, to give an idea.

Something like...
    _______
    / \
    ----------

________
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    ---------
    Built into the wall proper. My dating could be wrong, but I thought this would probably be most useful as a whole to them, and you have to also remember that they're most likely more advanced than humanity was back then. They'd only want food cooked as close to perfectly as possible, after all, if they bother to even eat.

Also, you have to remember that the castle shifts to Arcueid's mental state. So most likely, as she develops, so does the castle, albit at a much slower pace.
    In Kagetsu Tohyo, it mentions it directly in the Crimson Moon 10 nights of dream arc, which you can watch at http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...tsu+tohya&aq=f there, for all three segments, if you so desire.

Edit: The ascii art won't pop up, so copy and paste into notepad or something.

Edit 2: http://static.myhammer.com/18/183c18...10999a0dac72ed

Or

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/prodima...en-insert1.gif
    May give you a better idea what I'm talking about, if you imagine it set into the wall itself.
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; April 2nd, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The car trip was boring as hell, so I wrote this on the trip. So, I wrote this new chapter.
    And with this, I have a question. Should Arcueid let them in? Or just the maids in? Or none at all?

Please read and review.

Chapter 10

It's been a month.

I've been learning how to read her family's writings, and we've been slowly exploring the castle. Finding new places every day, as a matter of fact... And I've almost gotten down how to use the wood stoves they set into the walls.

They look a lot like the brick oven used once in that Anime, Kiki's Delivery Service. Still, for some reason, the fires don't get too hot to overhead the food we cook. Ever. Maybe there's something more to them than I thought? I wonder if it's possible to enchant ovens, and the like.

That's one of the reasons we've been exploring. Slowly, we've found different rooms, stocked with labratories. It's really quite amazing how many things there are. I'm pretty sure I spotted something that looked like a dead Kappa in one lab, and what looked like a 9 tailed kitsune, somehow preserved over time. Not to mention a variety of things that looked like goblins, and the Westerner's mythological things, like what looked to be a Unicorn that's been long dead. I'm guessing they were captured, and studied? Or maybe they were the familiars of the vampires here...? I can't really tell, myself.

There's also massive, massive libraries. Filled with pages of Arcueid's native language, intricate to study, and hard to read. But well worth the study. There looks like there's massive tomes on history, as well as... studies of the sciences? I'm not fully sure, but it might be alchemy, the previous studies to Science, if memory serves me right.

This castle has a lot more to it then I ever thought possible. I don't think it's humanly possible to read every book here, but I think I'd enjoy it if it's with Arcueid.

My anemia hit me pretty bad last night, too. It's been slowly getting worse... I don't know how many more years left I have. I'm going to look for a cure for it here, with her... so until the day I may die, I want to live and enjoy life as much as possible. To make Arcueid smile for the rest of my life... it's worth living a short life, even if I can't say that to her. Still... I want to spend as long as I can with her.

Hm... her cat's been watching me a lot as of late, though. It's quite the cute kitten. Named Ren.

Rather a bit arrogant, but aren't most cats?

Still, sometimes I wonder... does she understand what we're saying and doing?

I've noticed her stealing from some of the cake that I'll ocasionally make for Arcueid. Maybe I'll bake her some later.

It's not like I've got much else to do when cooking. And Arcueid looks so adorable when she's eating cake.

...I just heard a sound from a rather long ways away. I wonder if it's a villager nearby wherever we are... Arcueid mentioned there were a few villages nearby, though they can't see the valley we're in. Noone can, for some reason.

And as I get close to a balcony, I can hear it again. It sounds like someone's... screaming a name?

"n___s_n"

Hm. Someone named Nsn, maybe?

"Ni__s_n"

No, it sounds like a girl... and a bit... familiar?

"NII-SAN!"

Oh, god, Akiha's found us... and she brought Sempai, Hisui, and Kohaku, too.

Fuck.

"Nii-san, if you don't let us in, we're going to camp out here and be cold!"

"Oh, don't worry Akiha-chan, I'm sure Tohno-kun will hear us and let us in eventually.

I'd better run and find Arcueid... but when I turn around, to do so, I can see her right behind me, with her looking rather irritated. No, not just irritated, miffed. Like they're being rude. Well... then again, it IS meant to be just us...

"What do you want to do, Arcueid?"

She's blinking. Like she never thought I'd ask her before letting them in... that hurts, thinking that.

"Why do you ask, Shiki, don't you want to let them in?"

"Not if you don't want them here... and honestly, considering how they wanted to hurt me before... I don't know if I want them around."

A blink of shock.

"I'd rather know your opinion, Arcueid. IF you don't want them around... we can ignore them. It's your castle. I'm living here iwth you, and I like being alone with you."

Stunned understanding, and a smile.

"Shiki... you really love being just with me alone?"

I can only nod, and kiss her.

"NII-SAN!" Akiha again. "I SEE YOU, NII-SAN! NOW COME DOWN HERE AND OPEN THIS GATE!"

A black key just bounced off the air a few feet behind my head.

"Let's go back inside, and decide, Arcueid. But whatever your decision is, I'll go with it."

She's smiling widely, as we go to the kitchen to talk while I cook for us.

-Fade Out-

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Finally caught up!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    Hm. Someone named Nsn, maybe?
    Nsn Kaos: You called?

Seriously, though, I like. Though I do wonder how they found him - I was always under the impression that the Castle was in an overlapping dimensional plane, or something. Not that I had any way to confirm it, mind you.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It has a physical presence in the real world, but if someone with the Reality Marble isn't around, it's literally ruins. Or, at least according to Kagetsu Tohya. Also, the last chapter of the Tsukihime manga, the Ever After chapter...translated by people here, I might add... shows that Ciel knows the way to the castle.
    If you want, the link is http://scarletmoon.dasaku.net/?p=586 to be able to get to it. They linked it on their blog, and the link still worked a bit over 2 weeks ago.
    Hope that helps.
    Also, yeah. You think they should go into the castle, or no?

Blog Entries
    Nah - let's see how they plan to launch a siege . . . And what kind of protections the ultimate sanctuary of the True Ancestors really has.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, since you asked nicely, Kieran, I decided on that. Here's what I've written up in my spare time for the build up to the siege attempts.

And anyone that likes this story, please do read and review, I want to know how people think of it.

Chapter 11

Arcueid decided to not let them in.

Maybe it's because of that time I mentioned about her stealing Hisui's outfit in that dream Len put me through...?

Or the fact that she did it the next day, and it worked out much like in that dream? With Akiha and Kohaku chasing Arcueid through the house like wrecking balls, trying to get the clothing back?

Hm... I have to wonder.

Still, since Akiha doesn't approve of Arcueid, it makes this easier.

So we've decided to tell them that from above the gate.

And Arcueid went out to shout at them.

"Hi, little sister!"

Akiha's twitching, while Sempai's giggling loudly.

"You recall how you tried to hurt me, along with Kohaku, when I borrowed one of Hisui's outfits?"

More twitching. This is kinda funny...

"And how you were always such a rude hostess?"

Yet even more twitching. And her hair just went red...?

Hell. That's not a good sign.

"You know, come to think of it, you never invited me over for dinner once..."

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE AN INSUFFERABLE VAMPIRE!"

Now Arcueid's giggling, and smiling... I feel sorry for Akiha.

"But I was always polite. And I always brought gifts. So..."

"What gifts?"

"I left those brand new clothes for Hisui! I always paid for half of what your maids broke, even though I didn't have to... or did you actually think the repair bills came down so far out of nowhere for no reason?"

Akiha's frozen, speechless.

"Even though you broke your own things, I still helped pay for what you replaced it with, Little Sister. And considering that you'd just trash my home to take Shiki away... No. You can't come in."

"I..."

"Little Sister... do you not get it? You're not welcome here. Leave."

And the full force of Arcueid's glaring becomes known.

"Just you wait, I'll get my Nii-san from you for sure! You've obviously cast him under some sort of spell!"

Now I guess it's my turn to step in... joy. Still, for Arcueid...

"No she didn't, Akiha. Unless you call 'falling in love with someone' a spell, in which case I don't think anyone's immune to anything."

They all just froze. And as I go out, and hug Arcueid, Akiha and Sempai start twitching. Also... Hisui and Kohaku are eyeballing me with narrowed eyes...

And they're all now glaring at me.

Hell. I've pissed them off.

"Tohno-Kun..."

"Nii-San..."

"Shiki-San..."

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU COME HOME YET?!"

They all screamed that at once? Good Kami, it's like their minds are in sync there!

Still, I'd better answer.

"Because I'm happy with Arcueid, maybe? Or maybe it's because I love her?"

More twitching from Akiha.

"Or maybe it's because even though I love you, you chased me and were planning on hurting me last month?"

And there's the look of stunned realization.

"Nii-san..."

Arcueid's looking annoyed at me, like I should've stayed inside.

And Akiha's glaring at her. Hell.

"Well, Nii-san, I respect your wishes. However... I don't like this... woman being with you."

"Little sister, it's not like you can get to Shiki through the defenses. Why not just leave and save yourself the trouble?"

More glaring. God, if she ever gets my hands on me, I'm going to suffer, horribly.

"Now now, you insufferable vampire, STAY STILL WHILE I TRY TO KILL YOU!"

And her hair shoots out... to bounce off something in midair, with an audible ping.

"Eh?!"

"Little sister, do you REALLY have a chance against the magic barriers surrounding this place? Even the White Beast of Gaia and my... sister, you could call her, can't break in."

Twitching. Akiha's twitching HARD... god, we're screwed.

"I'll break your little barrier, and gut you like a fish, you hear me, vampire! I'LL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!"

"That's why I didn't invite you in. See? Just moments like that. Bye little sister, me and Shiki are going to have sex again now!"

Arcueid's dragging me off to the bedroom, and giggling... and I can see they all just went wide eyed... while having nosebleeds? Right before I go out of sight.

-Fade Out-

Blog Entries
    Akiha and Kohaku aren't necessarily a surprise, but I never really thought Hisui would swing that way . . .

Let me guess, Akiha's next move is to recruit - that woman? Not that she wants to involve the curry freak, but it's not like she knows many people versed in magic. Depending on your timeline, I suppose Sion might be an option, but I bet convincing her would be a hassle, since Arc and Shiki did help her . . .

Then again, it all depends on the spin.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Poor, poor Akiha. Her plots to get her Nii-San back from Arcueid... Enough said there.

Chapter 12

It's been 3 days since Akiha first started her siege. And they've actually been rather inventive.

Who knew Hisui and Kohaku knew how to make a trebuchet? Much less one that works...?

Though Ciel going "splat" in midair and sliding down what looks like a wall made out of pure magic... reminded me out of some Gaijin cartoons. Loony Toons, I believe it was?

She's ok, though, but she's been acting woozy ever since.

I'm glad I've gotten down those ovens well enough to cook popcorn, though. Makes it easier to watch the increasing levels of inventiveness.

I can see something like... a giant bow? What're they up to now?

...Is that Hisui's COOKING THEY'RE LOADING INTO THAT THING?!

Oh, FUCK ME!

"Arcueid, if any of that gets through...!"

"Don't worry, it won't."

I can only blink.

"Eh?"

She's smirking. Oh god in heaven that smirk scares the living shit out of me.

I pray to all the Kami that she never smirks at me like that, in reference to me, otherwise I. Will. Be. Screwed.

Still, the fact that she's smirking like that... means their plan is going to backfire...?

"The shield reflects, Shiki. Now what do you think will happen when the ammunition bounces off the shield, and back at them?"

"Um..."

She's cackling evilly, but softly... oh god, she's scary like this.

"They'll be slackjawed that it failed, and the shield reflects attacks at the most probable people that sent it at them. And with their mouths wide open from shock... they'll get a fistfull of Hisui's cooking into EACH OF THEIR MOUTHS!"

...that's the most horrifying premise for revenge I've ever heard. But... better them than me, right? Right.

I can only kiss her, and stay somewhat hidden behind her from their points of view.

And it goes exactly how Arcueid says. The food slams into the barrier, and bounces back straight at them... and right into Akiha and Ciel's mouth. And up Kohaku's nose if I'm not seeing wrong.

"Oh, god in heaven, it got up my nose!"

Yup.

-Fade Out-

They've been busy at work for the last 3 days.

It's now Ciel's turn. I can't be sure, but considering she's got a huge backpack full of only Curry... I can only guess that Akiha bribed her to lead them here with the best curry possible.

And they've been making hundreds of... what looks like a strange crossbow.

Oh. They've been putting a Black Key into each.

And drawing insignias onto the ground all around every inch of the castle... Hm.

"Oh, this is new. They're going to try and seal the barrier."

"Arcueid, will it work?"

"No... they'll be teleported to the nearest lake, naked, if that activates right."

Oh, that's good.

"Of course, considering those lakes are only a bit above freezing all year around..."

"They'll be screaming in rage?"

"Mmhmm! Little sister needs to learn some manners."

And we can only watch, and eat popcorn as the swords fail... followed by loud screaming from a lake on a mountain near us.

"Wanna go to the bedroom again, Shiki?"

"Sure, that sounds good. And I don't think we'll have to worry about... Is that a helicopter getting them out? What the hell?"

"Eh? Guess Little Sister's smarter than I thought... Ah well, to the bedroom!"

-Fade Out-

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Is it wrong that Akiha's failures amuse me?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It was intended to be amusing. It's about an epic failure as Leeroy Jenkins was.

Blog Entries
    . . .

. . .

. . . I'm sorry, Kieran's brain is too distracted by the thought of Ciel, Akiha, Kohaku and Hisui naked and visibly cold to comment