Page 1 of 26 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Death - Zombie Survival RP

Age of Death - Zombie Survival RP

aka drakon's first srs attempt at something on bl c:
    AGE OF DEATH

A ZOMBIE SURVIVAL RP

So, I guess you're interested in this little RP of mine, eh? Good, because if everything goes well, this should be a very... 'enjoyable' for all of us. This is something I've been working on for several months, and between the RPs I was a part of, namely Onigokko and Tower of Babel, I wouldn't have time to start this. So I chose running my first RP over participating in two RPs, and dropped out of them. Now, enough with the boring introduction, and onto the less boring introduction.

The plot of Age of Death is rather simple, really. You are part of a group of survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Nobody knows the exact details of how the zombie outbreak occurred, but there are a few things most people believe. The original disease was most likely a bioweapon developed by Russian scientists to be used in case of a war. Unfortunately for everybody, the disease was 'accidentally' released by the scientists, and it managed to spread rapidly, due to its ability to infect those who breath the disease into their lungs. At the present day, which is July 21st, 2017, the vast majority of the Russian population was either infected or killed, with only several small pockets of survivors remaining.

The people of North America only fared slightly better, as the original airborne strain could not escape Asia. Several weeks after the disease was released in Russia, the governments of Canada and the United States took drastic measures to prevent infection. Borders were closed, martial law was declared, all people were ordered to wear gas masks or be shot, areas with even a small possibility of being infected were bombed...none of this helped whatsoever. Within days of the outbreak in Russia, several carriers had already landed on North American soil. The desperate attempts to contain the infection after it was noticed had barely slowed it down. At the current date, which in case you forgot, is July 21st, 2017, 34 of 50 American states were lost. Canada fared far worse, and the entire country was lost to the endless hordes within months.

However, some soon discovered that the undead were not the only things unleashed in the outbreak...

Character Creation

So, are you interested in this RP? If so, you will need to create a character using the information below. Nothing too complicated, don't worry.

Spoiler:
    Code:
    Name: First name and last name.
    Date of Birth: DD/MM/YY. Current date is, once again, 21/07/17.
    Appearance/Faceclaim: Either describe your character's appearance in text or post a faceclaim.

Short Backstory: One-two paragraphs.

Preferred Weapon: What do you like? Bows, pistols, spears, that kind of thing. Don't be an idiot when choosing this,
    or you'll be punished with varying severity depending on my mood.
    Weapon Quality: Ignore this, roll a d20 for it.

All stats start at 15. You have 10 extra stat points, and you can decrease one stat to gain more points. Minimum of 10, maximum 
    of 35, and I choose LUK for you. You don't need to spend all of your stat points,
    HP: HP = (DEF+END)*3
    STR: Used to calculate damage dealt with melee attacks.
    DEF: Reduces damage taken from attacks and is used to calculate your total HP.
    END: Effects the amount of damage you can take in one turn before being stunned.
    AGI: Affects how quickly you can strike an enemy. Also used for sneak attacks.
    EVS: Your ability to evade attacks and avoid detection. If your EVS is greater than the opponent's AGI, you dodge the attack.
    SGT: Effects how well you can aim ranged attacks and your chances of detecting foes.
    LUK: Does lots of stuff. I will roll a d20 for you.

Perks: Go nuts, but try not to be too overpowered, okay?

Player List (12/12)

• zlol - Accepted
    • Bloble - Accepted
    • gesalt - Accepted
    • Chaos Greyblood - Accepted
    • Soldat - Accepted
    • Vahan - Accepted
    • Hero - Accepted
    • burningclaw2 - Accepted
    • mangafreak - Accepted
    • Airen - Accepted
    • Reynel - Accepted
    • llednaroth - Accepted

Bestiary

Undead
    Species Name: Walker
    Appearance: http://www.co-optimus.com/images/upl...4dead2-431.jpg
    Description: Your standard garden-variety zombie. Pretty easy to take out. If you see one, expect more to come.
    Tier: 0

Species Name: Watcher
    Appearance: http://images.wikia.com/left4dead/im...er-artwork.jpg
    Description: Somewhat smarter zombies. Often spy on potential prey before moving in. Watch your back if you spot one.
    Tier: 1

Species Name: Marauder
    Appearance: http://i41.tinypic.com/amf8cx.jpg
    Description: Marauders are relentless in pursuing prey, albeit rather frail. Be wary of groups.

HP: 41
    STR: 6
    DEF: 2
    INT: 3
    AGI: 18
    EVS: 11

Species Name: Beast
    Appearance: http://nikki97.files.wordpress.com/2...ead20tank1.jpg
    Description: Comparable to a weaker Brawler, a Beast is rather slow, but makes up for it with its strength.

HP: 68
    STR: 9
    DEF: 11
    INT: 3
    AGI: 14
    EVS: 3

Traits:
    Walking Dead: The mark of a non-Speaker zombie. Smells of rotten flesh, making it easier to distinguish from humans at a distance.
    Titan: When attacking an unmoving foe, STR is doubled for damage calculation.
    Brutal: If target is stunned by an attack, this unit attacks again for double damage.

Species Name: Speaker
    Appearance: Human
    Description: Highly intelligent for a zombie. Capable of rational thought like normal humans. Not all will be hostile.
    Tier: 2

HP: Varies
    STR: Varies
    DEF: Varies
    INT: Varies
    AGI: Varies
    EVS: Varies

Traits:
    Masked Dead: Generally indistinguishable from a normal human, aside from a barely noticeable stench and feeling no pain.
    Rational: As intelligent as a living human. Capable of speech and rational thought.
    --

Monsters
    Nothing yet, lucky bastards!

NPCs
    Name: 'discipline' 'wild orange'
    Date of Birth: --
    Appearance/Faceclaim: http://i.imgur.com/xP2LR.png

Short Backstory: --

Preferred Weapon: Katana
    Weapon Quality: 18

Level: 5 (3 extra stat points per level)
    HP: --
    STR: 27
    DEF: --
    END: --
    AGI: 15
    EVS: --
    SGT: --
    LUK: 13

Perks:
    --

--

--

Blade Dancer
    --'s skill with a katana is that of a master. When -- successfully kills a target with his katana, he can attack another target again.

--

Name: Prudence Bramson
    Date of Birth: --
    Appearance/Faceclaim: http://songzmp3.com/wedding/wp-conte...-Tuxedos-3.jpg

Preferred Weapon: Pistol
    Weapon Quality: 18

Level: 3 (3 extra stat points per level)
    HP: --
    STR: --
    DEF: --
    END: --
    AGI: --
    EVS: --
    SGT: 26
    LUK: 16

Perks:
    --

--

Pistol Training - Advanced
    Prudence's parents were very concerned with their son's safety, to the point where they had him carry a gun with him at all times. He has been trained in the use of a pistol for years of his life, and his skills are finally paying off. (When using a pistol, +7 to SGT. Other times, -3 to SGT.)

All Seeing Eyes
    As he become an adult and took over his father's company, Prudence became the target of multiple assassination attempts, all of which failed. He soon learned to watch the shadows even more closely than the light. (Sneak attacks always fail against Prudence. At close range, bypasses stealth checks to see anything sneaking around. Ignores EVS when searching.)

FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Also what effects the damage of ranged weapons? SGT just effects aim.
    SGT, LUK, weapon quality, weapon type, and ammo type affect ranged damage. STR, LUK, weapon quality, and weapon type affect physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gesalt View Post
    another question: does agi affect how fast you reload or is that under sgt?
    AGI affects reload speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahan View Post
    For the sake of backstory, as my character is a Doctor, what date, roughly, did the outbreak start occuring?
    About 8 years ago. Only hit the starting city about 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    yeah, are their is euipment slot or inventory bags or someting?
    Equipment slots. Large weapons take two slots, small weapons take one slot, and ammo/food/other stuff take up one slot as well. You can also stack ammo and food together if they are the same type. You've got about 15 inventory slots I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    btw can we level up on our stats or something?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    How many weapons can we carry at the start, one or two?
    You can start with one medium/large weapon or two small weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by #notes
    [16:52:21] <Reynel> Whn's the deadline for profiles?
    [16:52:29] <drakon|gone> Dunno
    [16:52:31] <Reynel> When*
    [16:52:38] <drakon|gone> hmm
    [16:52:50] <drakon|gone> December 27th
    [16:52:53] <drakon|gone> so one month from now
    Are we aloud to ask for a reroll in case of absolute horrible ones like the pair I got?
    Yep, once. As a punishment, however, your LUK and weapon quality will be reduced by 1 after reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by #notes
    [17:19:20] <Reynel> Is there any benefit from bad luck? Apart from difficulty and uncertainty Adrenaline?
    [17:19:40] <Reynel> If not, the REROLL
    [17:19:40] <Reynel> !!
    [17:19:43] <gesalt> you may get to act as a human shield for the rest of us
    [17:19:49] <drakon136> Technically there is a benefit
    [17:20:00] <drakon136> You attract more enemies
    [17:20:04] <drakon136> so more experience

Group 1: zlol, llednaroth, Soldat, BURNINGclaw
    Group 2: Bloble, gesalt, Airen, Vahan
    Group 3: Chaos, hero, mangafreak, Reynel
    Last edited by Helias; December 2nd, 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Like this kind of RPs, will make a profile.

Not completely sure I will join, though, I'd rather wait and see who else is playing.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

One City ... 8 Players ... Thousansds of Zombies ...

We're going to need more Zombies!
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I'll probably join, the question is what kind of perks are there for us to use, unless we just make those up or use D&D or something similar.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

count me in. i'll send in my sheet when i wake up tomorrow.

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

I am interested, but I have never played a RP game in a forum. Would this be a good start?

hmm this might be interesting. guess i'll join Reynel on the noob side

wouldnt gun type + quality + ammo determine ranged damage while melee would be type +quality + str?

another question: does agi affect how fast you reload or is that under sgt?
    Last edited by gesalt; November 27th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

For the sake of backstory, as my character is a Doctor, what date, roughly, did the outbreak start occuring?
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Quote Originally Posted by gesalt View Post
    hmm this might be interesting. guess i'll join Reynel on the noob side

wouldnt gun type + quality + ammo determine ranged damage while melee would be type +quality + str?
    True I guess. Now I just need to decide whether or not I want a melee weapon since with strength I can keep up with higher defences and do not have to worry about ammo, but with guns/bows I wouldn't have to worry about up close and personal. Also can we start with more the 1 weapon type, or multiple of the same weapon type, like a pair of Tonfa or daggers?

I'm also somewhat of a noob here.

True I guess. Now I just need to decide whether or not I want a melee weapon since with strength I can keep up with higher defences and do not have to worry about ammo, but with guns/bows I wouldn't have to worry about up close and personal. Also can we start with more the 1 weapon type, or multiple of the same weapon type, like a pair of Tonfa or daggers?

I'm also somewhat of a noob here.
    you bring up a good point with ammo and higher defenses. he said specify but maybe he'll make you take a perk for ambidextrous/dual weapons

speaking of which, how many perks can we have? 3? 5?

- - - Updated - - -

ah go nuts with perks he says. hmm what to take...
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

Go nuts eh? .... *45 perks later* -there we are, that's not overpowered at all ;p

For more the 1 weapon type, I mean like having a pistol and say a gladius, or a pistol and a rifle, or a sword and a pipe/club. Two different weapons in general to start out with, though you don't have to dual wield. I ask this just for options when choosing my weapon(s).

Also I'm deciding to go with some metal tonfa.

I'm also guessing we pm you, gesalt, or drakon our char sheets. Or do we just post them here?

For more the 1 weapon type, I mean like having a pistol and say a gladius, or a pistol and a rifle, or a sword and a pipe/club. Two different weapons in general to start out with, though you don't have to dual wield. I ask this just for options when choosing my weapon(s).

Also I'm deciding to go with some metal tonfa.

I'm also guessing we pm you, gesalt, or drakon our char sheets. Or do we just post them here?
    not me i just dont know how to stop speculating, shut up and let drak answer.

Whelp I made my bio, just need to know if its alright to post it here or if I need to pm it to drak.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to join, I'll get a profile eventually.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    I'll at least attempt to join. What's the word on the earlier question about getting to have a primary and back-up weapon?
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah, are their is euipment slot or inventory bags or someting?

Teasing the Penguin God!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    I'll at least attempt to join. What's the word on the earlier question about getting to have a primary and back-up weapon?
    None so far, I just decided to go with a pair of metal tonfa's. Haven't sent in my profile yet though since I'm not sure on some questions.

None so far, I just decided to go with a pair of metal tonfa's. Haven't sent in my profile yet though since I'm not sure on some questions.
    I would make a question of realism ... but heck, a couple of tire irons would make a pair of awesome tonfas.