Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Destined Legacies (Type-Moon X Multiverse Crossover)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    Do wish i could get some more criticism or commentary at least. heh...
    Sorry about that - I'll do what I can to keep this "in the public eye," so to speak, but that's about all I can do.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

屍鬼 Ghoul
    What are all the universe's that are involved?

Blog Entries
    The Dresden Files, and at least two Type-Moon universes of my own creation - characters from them, at least . . . I can't remember what all else he used back then, and he mentioned that he was making some changes, anyways, so it might not be relevant if I could.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't fully revealed all the players yet. but for now here's the current list. I'd say this is about forty percent of the series listed.

Fate/Stay Night
    Fate/Prototype
    Darker than Black
    Melty Blood
    Tsukihime
    xXxHoLiC
    The Dresden Files

Plus, I'm using three of Kieran's OCs, who are central to the storyline. ( should've asked for permission again especially after what amounted to a two year hiatus.)
    Last edited by hatori; December 7th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Why? You already did, two years ago. Besides, at least one of those characters doesn't technically exist anymore - you might as well use him.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    In fair note.. I'm not going to meld all the universes together, just taking some of the characters from them.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    True.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Destined Legacies Chapter Three: Preparations

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. All other Series' characters are also property of their respective owners, who are awesome for not suing me.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project. So Far.

Misaki - Tokyo

Shiki walked the streets of Misaki, heading to the old abandoned building that housed the Garan no Dou. Easily crossing over the threshold of the building, she made her way up to the office. Letting herself in, she was mildly surprised to see neither Kokuto nor Touko in.

" Geez, and after all that fuss about me being needed urgently." she muttered as she began to pour herself some strong black coffee from the ever-present pot. Savouring a sip of the hot drink, she settled in to wait for them to return, when a small box on Touko's table caught her eye. Setting her coffee cup on the table, she tentatively looked it over, and by all appearances, it would seem to have been a rather finely crafted jewelry box or some other container.

Ignoring her own thoughts of not opening it, a flash of light, a muffled thump, and black smoke creeping out from the office were the only indications that she was going to regret ignoring her own advice. Coughing, Shiki stepped out of the office coughing, lightly covered in soot, as Touko and Kokuto entered the hallway leading to the office. Surprised looks were exchanged, as three diamond shaped tattoos formed on the back of her right hand as they stared at her.

"Hoo boy.." Touko sighed, as she lit one of her trademark cigarettes, " You really should know when not to poke your nose into other people's stuff, Shiki. Come in and I'll explain..."

Plopping down at her desk, Touko absent-mindedly brushed aside the remains of the box from the top of the desktop. As she busied herself clearing away several stacks of documents atop the same surface, now covered in soot and ash. She mentally winced as she saw Shiki and Kokuto at work, the former leaning against the railing of the steps to the side room with a fresh cup of coffee, the latter cleaning the rest of the mess left in the room from the aftermath of the botched unsealing.

How do I explain this... she thought, gaze moving up to the ceiling as she pondered just how much to tell them. Her thoughts were interrupted by Kokuto bringing her a fresh mug to replace the gunk left in her cup, and with Shiki also looking at her directly.

"So what is going on, Touko." said the grey-eyed woman, her tone while less than apologetic, was no less questioning.

Oh heck.. let's shoot the moon. she thought, as she pulled herself back together and began. " Well, it's like this..."

Spunklecrief Apartments - Chicago

" The Fuyuki Holy Grail Wars are a series of battle royales fought between magi from all corners of the globe, at least by what I've heard of." Bob the skull began, as I settled in on my worktable to write down anything important about this "Grail War" I was supposed to be fighting in. " Said magi, while not considered the most powerful, would have to have been at least competent enough, or sneaky enough, to get involved in it. Each magi, or Master, has got a Command Seal, which is used to summon and control a familiar of the strongest class. a Servant." Muttering about getting a new workbench as I pushed Little Chicago a bit more towards the wall, I looked up from my notes as I went through what Bob told me.

"So in other words, I just need to defeat the other Servants using my own, correct?" I asked, fiddling with the pencil as I pondered over this.

"Well, technically, if you want to do it the hard way, yes." replied Bob, as his lights flickered a little, probably meaning he wasn't exactly excited over the easier method. "Normally most Masters would kill or incapacitate the others to bring a faster end to the conflict, because it would be much easier than compared to fighting with Servants who are prepared or have circumstances which make them nearly impossible to kill. Also, there have been precedents for Masters to use the Command Seals of other Masters to bind their opponent's Servant to them, although if you manage to do so, it'd be something that is still gruesome, but otherwise pretty commendable..." his voice trailed off, his glowing eyes fixed on me even as I continously rubbed at my the bridge of my nose and temples, massaging the dull ache that I still felt on occasion. "Harry?"

"Go on, I'll be fine for a little longer." Focusing my thoughts to his words, I continued to write notes down further as he started on the rules of the War...

Garan no Dou - Misaki, Tokyo

" So basically..." Shiki's sentence was cut short by a sip of coffee in her hand, her fourth since the conversation started. " I opened a box containing a spell that would etch itself to the opener, which obligates me to fight in this battle called "The Holy Grail War." And said spell also requires me to summon a Servant and fight others to own an artifact that grants me a wish?" Touko nodded in response.

"In short, that is about as close as I can explain it. I certainly didn't intend to open it, but as far as the contract goes, Shiki.. no, We, have decided to get involved. Our employer this time has been gracious enough to give us some available information on the upcoming participants, as well as an expense account for the duration of the War."

"Will I get to kill?" the smoky-eyed shinigami asked, before smiling at Touko's reply. "Well then, it looks like we're going to be in business for a while.."

Author's note: And i got this out, after clearing through a ton of personal shit that happened.
    Last edited by hatori; December 21st, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Yay, R. Shiki is in this fic.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see, sorry to hear it - and Ryogi Shiki, holy crap.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Destined Legacies Chapter Four: Of Mice and Men.

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. All other Series' characters are also property of their respective owners, who are awesome for not suing me.

Destined Legacies Chapter Four: Of Mice and Men.

Tohsaka Residences, The Clock Tower, Mages Association Headquarters and Academy, London.

Kenji breathed a heavy sigh as he let his parents finish telling him the bad news, his mother being the bearer of bad news even as she sat back in her chair, accepting a cup of Earl Grey from his father as he too sat back onto the sofa. Grasping a forelock of his hair and running it between his fingers, an affectation he'd developed as a habit of thinking, he sighed inwardly as he opened his mouth to speak.

"So," he began, releasing his hair as he looked towards his mother. "Should I just present myself to the Headmaster for immediate Sealing?" his tone half-joking, yet holding a flat, distinctive tone of resignation.

"You will Not." replied his parents, almost immediately, as they jerked slightly in their seats, more than taken aback by his answer, much less a very flippant one, as anger crept into his mother's voice. "We have spent and sacrificed too much to expect this kind of joke from you, Kenji." Aqualine eyes literally blazed with anger as she dared him to retort back. One that proved he was his mother's son.

"Given that I am currently unable to take up the Tohsaka family magics, or even the unique Tracing ability of Father's," his return statements cool, and measured. "And that in the last three years, we have been unable to come up with a significant explanation of why I am unable to do so, much less what I am capable of, tell me exactly what kind of solution can we come up with, within the next three days." the last few words were literally chips of ice, even as the youngest of the Tohsaka family got up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Tohsaka Rin queried, even as his mother narrowed her eyes at him, his demeanor unchanged as he stalked towards the door leading out of the apartment residences. Watching his pause at the opened door, both she and her husband barely heard his reply, as he slammed the door.

"Somewhere I don't want to be bothered."

Sighing as he walked through the hallways, Kenji immediately regretted his action. The slamming of the door in his parent's faces had been a petulant act, unworthy of his ideal as a gentleman. He'd have to apologize later, even as he moved onwards towards his goal. All around him, the Clock Tower had been in full swing, the hustle and bustle of apprentices, lecturers and even Enforcers moving through the hallways. Even as his mind locked onto the path he was looking for, he let himself slip into his well of calmness, the surface of his mind still even as he moved single-mindedly towards his goal.

".... This is bad, Luvia got us good." Shirou murmured, even as his wife continued to pace quickly around the room, her frustration evident as she tried to think of a way around the problem that was looming before them in three days. Even though he'd been silent throughout the exchange between mother and son, he'd understood the arguments between both sides.

"The damned problem is, I can't circumvent this!" exclaimed his wife, even as she threw herself down onto her seat, the hardwood chair creaking slightly as she rested her head against her hands. "Anything I say or do now would jeopardize our position, as is! To say nothing of what might happen to Kenji during the trial itself!" Nodding his agreement, the man once known as Emiya Shirou had come to learn Association politics as well as Rin could teach him, and from his own position within the Enforcers, he knew that they were currently walking on a tightrope. Despite his own misgivings on the matter, the red-haired Enforcer decided that in times like this, action was better than in-action. Getting up, he replied to Rin's unasked question, even as he smiled.

"I'm going to look for Kenji."

Even as Shirou continued to look for his son, his own mind was racing through his thoughts. You might not be as smart as Rin or Luvia, but you're no slouch in the brains department either. He told himself. Think of what is going on with Kenji's situation, and then think of why it is happening like that, and what kind of applications his own talents are being used for. Spotting his son up ahead, the elder Tohsaka slowed down, keeping a good twelve paces behind as he observed his son clinically. First, let's go over his abilities. His theory and practical spellwork seems flawless, although given the size of his failures, it isn't for a lack of power or trying. He doesn't seem to be able to deal with curses well, but his defenses are out of this world. It usually takes me and Rin a good five minutes to break them down, although his shields popped like a soap bubble the moment I brought Caliburn into play. And while he's fast and strong, he usually relies on defensive movements and counters, rather than attack. Maybe his innate talents aren't active, but passive? He mused, as he kept an eye on Kenji.

The first thing he noticed, was that despite his son's attention obviously being miles away in thought, the boy had excellent anti-collision control. More than once, the Tohsaka apprentice came within hairs of colliding with an object, person or wall, yet at the absolute final second, he pulled away,dodged or stopped himself from colliding with said obstacle. Filing that trait as an interesting, but not very helpful detail, the elder Tohsaka continued to trail him. Seeing him enter a darkened room, Shirou cautiously slipped inside as well, even as he saw his son standing over the bedside of a white-haired girl no older than seventeen.

"Father, I thought it was rude to peep at someone." Kenji murmured as his father stepped out of the shadows, feeling a little sheepish. Even as his father stepped next to him, Kenji ignored the hand his father placed on his shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault Kenji. You didn't know any better than anyone else what would've happened."

"Today we shall learn one of the most rudimentary spells a magus must have within his spell repertoire, the Mystic Eyes of Whisper. Once I have given the proper instructions to carry out, pair off and attempt to charm your partner using this spell." the girl murmured, her soft voice carrying forth even as she stared unblinking in front, oblivious to her two visitors.

"Not my fault?" Kenji muttered. "If it wasn't for the fact that Instructor Crichell had noticed something was wrong, or if he'd been no less skilled at healing, I'd have been a murderer, father." his words, given the inflection that held no doubt, shook his father even as he stared at the girl.

"I'm rather inexperienced, and I'm not sure if I can do it, but would you be my partner?" the girl spoke. Even as Shirou realized that there was a spark of hope that they'd be able to pull through this.

"Kenji, I won't stop you from anything you set your mind to, but I want you to trust me. There is a way for you to save her, if you wish. I do not know if it will work, but if you can trust me, we'll pull through on this problem, as a family, together." Shirou said, even as he turned his son to face him. Even as his son gazed back at him, the aqualine eyes of his mother, combined with the steel of his father within his voice, the youngest Tohsaka answered.

"Where do we begin?"
    Last edited by hatori; January 30th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Mm, this looks familiar . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    you should.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    And, it should go without saying, I'm looking forward to what comes next.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Destined Legacies Chapter Five: Through the Looking Glass.

Destined Legacies: Chapter Five - Through the Looking Glass.

Vatican Secret Archives - Vatican City

"... Nothing." Sion muttered, as she finished poring over the immense stack of folders and ancient documents in the last bin that she'd taken out of her narrowed down list. Frowning darkly as she began the tedious process of carefully replacing each folder within the bin, she sighed in disappointment. While she could have simply used the not-inconsiderable collection of mystic tomes and ancient texts that the Atlas Library would have provided her, she had decided to call in a favor with the Church for further research on the hero she wished to summon, a favor that ironically, came from her aid in "that" incident. Pushing aside the dark thoughts, she finished replacing all the folders and moving the bin back to its original position. Sighing again, she left the sealing chamber, the only sounds being the soft clicks of her shoes upon marbled floors.

"Did you find what you were looking for, Signorina Sion?" asked the young Librarian, as he fell into step with her. A young man with bright eyes in the traditional brown cassock, Sion couldn't help liking him at the beginning of her search. Still, she had no time nor the mood for humor. Running her fingers over one of the shelves adjacent to her, she rubbed her fingertips free of the dust that clung to it, as she sighed in reply.

"Unfortunately no, Signore." she replied crisply, " Although I do wish that the Vatican would take more care in organizing it's archives into a more efficient model."

Stifling a chuckle at her grouse, the young man had to hide his smile behind the sleeve of his loose-fitting robe. "I daresay you're not the only one with such a complaint, Signorina." he replied, eyes merrily twinkling."Of course, we do also keep records of other, shall we say, incidents which the church does not wish to be seen." Slowing to a stop, Sion could only go over his words again and again, rooted to the same spot.

"Does that mean that you're saying you might have records of previous grail wars and such?" she asked. Seeing his quick nod and the same sparkle in his eyes, she smiled as he led her back through the labyrinth that was home to one of the world's largest collections of human knowledge, mundane or arcane. Stepping past the stacks and towering shelves, the young Librarian reached a small hallway. Gesturing for her to follow him, he led her through it, as they reached a single wooden door barring their way. Opening the way for her, the alchemist gasped as she entered a circular room, shelves lining the walls rising above beyond her sight, as candles lit in small alcoves provided soft, if dim lighting. Tomes and books sat on the shelves, neatly categorized and sorted, as she ran her fingers across the tomes. Turning back to thank the Librarian, she found that she was already alone. Smiling to herself, a particular title jumped out at her, as she reached for the tome.

She had a long night ahead of her.

Training Hall, Tohsaka Residences, The Clock Tower, Mages' Association Headquarters and Academy, London.

Returning home, the Tohsaka males immediately made for the training hall. Despite his own misgivings about not going to talk to his mother immediately, Kenji simply followed his father down into their sparring ring, fairly confident that if he was not going to apologize immediately for his rudeness, it meant that his father was had something else in mind. Thus, it wasn't a surprise to him when the older Tohsaka tossed him his favoured staff, even as Shirou himself pulled out twin wooden short swords. Hefting his staff thoughtfully, Kenji raised an eyebrow at his father. "I take it this won't be a regular sparring match?" he asked, even as his father nodded at his son's assessment of the situation.

"We'll be doing this to see if there's any way to bring out your potential, and most times, that will occur at a point where stress and pressure are at it's highest. As such, we'll be sparring, even till we're black and blue from it." Easing himself into position, Shirou Tohsaka's tone brooked no argument. "Are you prepared?" he asked as he held the swords low, their familiar weight and length reminding him of the swords he so often traced for combat. Even as the younger man nodded, Shirou noted that his son's posture had not only remained the same, but there was no openings at all to exploit. Even as they moved into the sparring ring that was set into the center of the room, Shirou went over what he knew about his son again.

No openings in his guard. But then again, he never wanted to be the aggressor. And even in the standard combat duels that he covered in the Academy, he showed a preference for either waiting his opponent out, or breaking their nerve, whichever came first. Even the old Furher noted that he was intense on the counters, which was saying something.
    As he slowed his breathing to almost nothing, Shirou decided that he still hadn't come up with the right questions to the answers he wanted.

Well, let's get this on then.
    He thought as he tensed, springing forth as his reinforced legs propelled him forth towards Kenji, twin blades held ready.

Rin Tohsaka hated being stressed, and when she was stressed, she drank.

And when she drank, she was a poor drunk.

Seated on the divian in her bedroom, bourbon glass in hand, the Tohsaka head glanced at the half-empty bottle of scotch that sat beside her. It was funny how such an innocuous looking liquid like alcohol could do so much damage to her state of mind. Even as she tipped the bottle mouth towards her glass, she continued to study the amber liquid as the bright lighting of her room reflected sparkles of gold and fiery orange. Feeling the buzz of the previous drink fading, she downed the liqour in a instant, the burn of the whiskey warming her once more as she held the glass up again, the various contours that shaped the inside of the glass refracting the light once more as she thought once again of Kenji, and the present dilemma besetting them. Despite the urge to just ignore whatever was going on with the Council and just do as she pleased, she knew that apprentice or not, Kenji was still obligated to attempt the trials set by the Council if she didn't want to risk censure from it, as well as a Sealing Designation into the bargain for all of them.

Yet, if she allowed him to participate, and barring the fact that if he passed through it, he'd be walking eyes open into the death game that was known as the Holy Grail War.

Rin had not cared much for the need to have a heir as the Head of a family of magi. If push came to shove, she'd have had Sakura raise a child of her own, as her sister, regardless of what happened to her, was very much still her flesh and blood. Rin had been very confident of the fact that her choice of heir from Sakura would be every much as her own, but even then, the woman known as Tohsaka Rin had railed against the idea. Foremost amongst the fact that doing so not only treated Sakura as no less than a broodmare, but that she'd only be willing to have one person to create such a life with. And Rin was honest enough with her feelings that she'd never be able to accept that.

So she'd decided to have her own child, and whilst the pains of childbirth still ranked amongst the top pains she'd ever experienced, nothing matched the sheer bliss and joy that Kenji, her own little boy, had given him.

Kenji.... Why did it have to come to this? She hitched slightly, as sobs wracked her body, her facade of discipline and disinterest crumbling as she remembered his smiling face.

Hearing the sounds of wood striking wood below her, she decided to check it out. Hopefully it was some sort of sparring session between Shirou and one of the other Enforcers, or a bunch of assassins here to deal with them. Secretly she hoped it was the latter, for god rest their souls when she was done with them.

Sweat rolled off both father and son as the duo continued their no-holds barred sparring, as the speed of their blows and parries were slowly and steadily increasing. Even with his longer reach and steady nerves, Shirou knew that this had to be one of the toughest fights Kenji had ever been in, facing an opponent who vastly outmatched him in experience. Parrying aside a two handed thrust of his son's staff with the blade in his left hand, Shirou pirouetted right as he brought his other blade up in a slash that would've broken bones, but his attack was swiftly blocked by the same length of wood that had been parried moments ago. Even as he dodged below Kenji's counter-thrust, the elder Tohsaka aimed a sweep kick that would bring him down, but as his leg extended, it met nothing but air as the young man lightly jumped above the kick, before back-flipping out of range of his father's following thrust with both swords. As both men returned into their guard positions, Shirou's mind continued to race as he observed Kenji's movements.

That last exchange was more than enough to dispatch a group of two apprentices if it was a combat drill. he thought, as he circled around his son, their eyes on each other as Shirou suddenly sprang forth again, bringing both blades down as he aimed for where his son stood, his staff flicking left and right as he deftly deflected both blades to his sides, before following it up with a forearm bash that Shirou barely blocked in time, even as his father immediately parried the attack, Kenji didn't let up on his assault as he brought his offensive counter into play. We've been at it for nearly twenty minutes and while he's sweating buckets, his strikes are actually getting stronger. Smiling grimly to himself, he decided to up the ante. Let's see how you deal with this. Trace, On!

Rin was not only surprised to see Kenji sparring with his father, but their last exchange had stumped her beyond words. Even as she observed the fight with a clinical measure, ( a mean feat, considering how smashed she was.) her mind was racing through the possibilities. Kenji was a good fighter among his peers, although when compared to the battle-experienced enforcer facing him, she'd have expected Shirou to have him down and out already.

Yet he's not only parrying every attack, but with the highest probability of countering immediately after blocking the attack!
    Even as she saw Shirou launch another dizzying assault of change-up slashes, she noted that her husband was not only reinforcing the wooden swords he held to improve their cutting of the air to gain swing speed, but he was also increasing the density of the blades as he brought them down, resulting in making it harder to block accurately, one of his favoured combat techniques as he began to push her son back towards his end of the ring. This isn't possible! Kenji isn't that advanced a staff user in the combat drills. What on earth is going on?

Her thoughts were immediately interrupted on those lines as Kenji brought up his staff into a double-handed thrust that shattered both blades with strikes too fast to follow, even as she gasped when she saw her husband Trace the sword that he'd once beheld with their lost, mutual friend.

Shirou cursed the fact that he'd been forced into such a position, despite his best efforts, it seemed over after Kenji shattered the reinforced blades he'd been using. Even as the facts surrounding the mystery that was his son suddenly fitted together, the answer clicked within his mind. God above, please forgive me if I'm wrong. Kenji! As he traced Excalibur and brought it up into a two handed overhead swing at his son.

All that remained of that instant was the sound of shattering glass.

Writer's Note: Now that Shirou's solved Kenji's mystery, the next person is a certain Mr Li.
    Last edited by hatori; February 28th, 2014 at 05:25 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Take a break, then. I'll be here when you get back.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    That'll be like in 8 hours, if I actually get any sleep

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    . . . This makes roughly 24 - had enough, yet?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    More or less. gonna be writing the next bit soon.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    chapter 5 is done.

When I go random.